Male Venomancer?

Options
2»

Comments

• yaitavar
    yaitavar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, PW is a chinese game, and the race tab info of the main site states that the untamed origionate from animals that have developed thought. In asian folklore (which the untamed race is undoubtedly derived from), animal spirits gain power and thought by absorbing the energy of humans and their surroundings. The differences in the energy causes different abilities in addition to natural tendencies changing the kind of energy that would be absorbed. In this case, the diffences in sexes is most likely due to yin and yang.

Yin is largly attributed to females. It is the subtle part. It also covers tranquility/concentration, patience, and creation. A venomancer at base is a caster class and as such relies much on yin. The reason for venomancers to be female is because females are more compatable with yin and absorb it easier thereby giving them venomancer qualities.

Yang on the other hand is masculine. It is attributed to direct action, strength and solidity. The amales are more likely to absorb yang than females and thereby become barbarians.

Yes, it is possible to force a female to absorb alot of yang (and a male ot absorb yin), but that would only take place in a highly unnatural place where there is way more of one (yin or yang) than the other. This is because males would naturally absorb more yang than yin and females more yin than yang, (it would probably be horribly painful to go against the flow too and have an incredibly low success rate).

Finally, remember that assuming the untamed come from this aspect of folklore, they are wild and are following their instincts when they start, by the time they are "intelligent" enough to decide what class they want to be, it is too late and their role has been shaped.

Further proof of the "absorption of 'chi'" idea is the fact that venomancers transform into foxes ie chinese huli jing, japanese kitsune, and the korean kumiho. Of which, huli jing and kitsune are often represented as females and the kumiho is usually female though there is 1 (only 1) account in which it was male.
  • Hartie_tank - Heavens Tear
    Hartie_tank - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    it is imposible
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think that we should all just hold hands, close our eyes, and say, "~that's just the way it is~" and accept that phrase. And then we can all just let it go....
    yay
  • Grgumsh - Heavens Tear
    Grgumsh - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yaitavar wrote: »
    Well, PW is a chinese game, and

... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ...

and the kumiho is usually female though there is 1 (only 1) account in which it was male.

yeah.. you know too much

j/k that was kinda interesting theory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    War has made me very paranoid, and when a man starts eyeballin me it makes my Agent Orange act up and I get the urge to kill.
  • Rhodopsin - Heavens Tear
    Rhodopsin - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now some people say females shouldn't be barbs and I don't get why. Obviously those people are anthros of sorts. And if there were females tiger... (to breed with the male tigers, you know, what else would make baby tigers? Surely not foxes and bunnies)... why couldn't they be barbs?

If you had the choice to get mauled, in a zoo, by a male or a female tiger I'm sure most would find the gender choice pretty irrelevant. ;) Males are bigger but a tiger is a tiger. It's not an animal of curves and boobers, it's claws and muscles, male and female :P b:laugh

And I'm sure plenty of people would play fox guys if they had a cool design.

I'm also agreeing it sucks female chars can't carry male chars in any way;) I know the size and strength might come into play but come on
    imagine the strength of your level 80 character-girl that can apparently take down huge beasties but can't lift a human guy in her arms? =P Pff, yeah right.
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    again, folklore > logic in this game. if it has to make sense, why is it that animals could turn humanoid in the first place?
  • Rhodopsin - Heavens Tear
    Rhodopsin - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    again, folklore > logic in this game. if it has to make sense, why is it that animals could turn humanoid in the first place?

... good point ;) Let's all call it "magic".
  • Aryetta - Lost City
    Aryetta - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    There should be a quest so you can unlock male venos or female barbs with a story on how they came to be. b:laugh
  • Tahnaharra - Heavens Tear
    Tahnaharra - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm male, and as you can see <---- my toon is female. I decided to pick the untamed venomancer not because of what she looked like but what she could do. That made my decision, the gender didn't matter, not that i'm bashing anyone or anything, just my 2 cents.
  • ishan
    ishan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    i know this is a dead thread but guys...I just got this game and even I can see that what you want is very simple...in character creation, make adjustments to the legs (hips), bust and chest in proportion to the rest of the body to cut as masculine a figure as possible. The face is completely variable, so make masculine features.

Or if your not artistic enough, make an alien or something, and no one will know the gender without checking. I mean really, the character creation is like putty, this isn't a problem.
  • ishan
    ishan Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    on second thought after testing my own advice, either be a proud woman or go with the alien...its easy to look male, but you also look like a cross dresser.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    ishan wrote: »
    on second thought after testing my own advice, either be a proud woman or go with the alien...its easy to look male, but you also look like a cross dresser.

LOL, this was funny
  • albinofox
    albinofox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Men tend to be stronger than women, regardless of how much machism, sexism is on me or on this world (by the way, I do not consider myself on that group).

You can find millions women who actually are stronger than the typical man. but still the natural overall picture does not change.

Returning to the game, I don't know how much sence would make a small sexy skinny female tank?

At the same time several things in the game does not make sence like tiny rabbits or tiny frogs killing huge mobs. Small humans in solo killing giant mobs.

A good solution would be to have in every race male and female. Venos and Barbarians would be two different races with male and female.
    I do agree that both the Barbarians and Venos should be two seperate races. Reading back to the beginning of this topic somebody discussed how they couldn't see a barbarian and a Veno mate or whatever you want to call it. The two don't even look alike.You have the elf male and female and they look a lot a like besides the slim bodies on the females and the muscular bodies on the males. They both have skin. Same with the humans. They can get together within their race and have a child. A WereWolf and WereFox aka Venomancer and Barbarian, gettting together, I can't see ever happening in my life. The Barbarian are lonely. Who would want to get together with one of them, especially if they are "Deadly" as they like to call it. You would want a female of the same race to be attracted to them and to be just as strong so they don't get crushed by the barbarian. Who is keeping this race going. Eventually it would die out. If they mate with a venomancer they would kill them by crushing their almost tooth pick slim bodies. LOL I like the game and all, it is a very fun game but I think they should make the
    Venomancers and Barbarians different races.
  • Salvation - Harshlands
    Salvation - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    wolfdoggie wrote: »
    I'd love to play Venomancer but I don't want to play a female char..........

Forget the lore and whatever, it's just a lazy game designer trick that should of died with FFXI but apparently evolved to this game.

i'm playing female character and i'm a guy

doesn't really matter if you're a guy playing girl character

75% of venos are guys in real life

2009-06-0116-45-51.jpg

b:victory
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I understand that because I am playing Perfect World as a Venomancer. I don't got anything against playing as a girl. I would like the ability to choose between male or female. Just for when I want to play a male who can summon or for those who are male that have a problem with being a female because they are afraid they are going to be picked on at school for being a summoner. One good idea that I had that I am "Throwing out into the public" is that if they did make a male and female venomancer that the male should be stronger and more apt for serving on his own but can still summon animals that are weaker than the females. The females are more powerful in mana and magic and have stronger animals.
  • ukellama
    ukellama Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    -.-

srsly...i want a male veno badly....they would look super cute b:dirty
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ...i wish that there ll b a male venomancer...b:cry
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • BOYroALEX - Sanctuary
    BOYroALEX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    "75% of venos are guys in real life" said Salvation - Harshlands. If thath is real, i can't understand why there isn't stil a male venomancer. All my venomancers have in their name the word BOY(male). And if i can see this topic is very posted, i think well thath this problem could make some people leave PWI. b:sad Here i think it comes another thing: the game is a bit too old to make now change thath big so........ But i realy wish a male venomancer.
  • Kaier - Sanctuary
    Kaier - Sanctuary Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ...cool....i'm boyish if i like venomancers according 2 ur theory, b:thanksb:laughb:pleased
    Friendship means being stupid together...b:cute
  • piratejolly
    piratejolly Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I found this game because I did a serch of MMOs that have pet classes. Guess I should have read it more carefully (well forums at least) as the guides don't tell you that Venomancers can only be female.

I don't play female toons, just me I guess. But I want to play a pet class. I play WoW which has a good pet system, and I was a Master Creature Handler in SWG. Love finding rare tames.

Guess I will delete unless a Barbarian can also have a combat pet.
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    Options
    It is never to late to add something into a game let alone Perfect World. That's why expansions exist. Not only expansions but patches and updates. All of these take time to create. I believe "male" venomancers should be added. I have drawn pictures of male races from perfect world. I wanted to see what a guy looked like with a tail and ears so I added them to my pictures. The drawings look awesome. Guys look just as cool as the females do with ears and a tail. I actually would not mind having a tail and ears. It would be awesome. It would be something to brag about.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    If you follow the storyline and folk tradition, having a male veno would be the same as having a male amazon warrior. See what I am saying? Some things are just the way they are.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Ichimokusan - Sanctuary
    Ichimokusan - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I had a Veno but I abandoned it because I was creeped out by all the guys wanting to embrace me.
  • BOYroALEX - Sanctuary
    BOYroALEX - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    albinofox wrote: »
    It is never to late to add something into a game let alone Perfect World. That's why expansions exist. Not only expansions but patches and updates. All of these take time to create. I believe "male" venomancers should be added. I have drawn pictures of male races from perfect world. I wanted to see what a guy looked like with a tail and ears so I added them to my pictures. The drawings look awesome. Guys look just as cool as the females do with ears and a tail. I actually would not mind having a tail and ears. It would be awesome. It would be something to brag about.
    You are right(i don't know where my mind was, cause i lost thath it exists updates) , and if you say you drawed a male venomancer, you could please gice us to see it? And all people thath want a male venomancer, say ideeas in here, if any GM (or the one who pragrams the game...) we could make him get a male venomancer for us b:thanks
  • albinofox
    edited June 2009
    Options
    ukellama wrote: »
    -.-

srsly...i want a male veno badly....they would look super cute b:dirty
    I don't think they would be super cute but they would be super awesome. I am trying to draw models of a male veno on a program. It is very extremely hard but eventually it will pay off.
  • molting1angel
    molting1angel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    haha. just give her a huge bust. ive found that most dudes playing venos or chick char. have the biggest busts. some chicks do, but not as many.
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Choose archer, they're the sexiest!b:victory
  • Tsula - Harshlands
    Tsula - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    (Sorry for my not so perfect English, I'm from Sweden so I'm not fluent in English as most of you are being from North America)

The game Perfect World is based on Chinese mythology. Now the Yao Jing or Venomancer, is said to have evolved from serpents, foxes and other small creatures. (People seem to miss this and only take them as evolved Fox Spirits, which is wrong) Here's a quick quote from the class description.
    Evolved from an assortment of serpents, foxes and other small creatures, Venomancers are cute, seductive and deadly. Do not be misled by the winning smile and bushy tail-these foxy-ladies specialize in poisonous concoctions and should be considered very deadly. Venomancers have the ability to charm animals and tame them as pets, and, similar to the Barbarian, can take the form of a fox.

Being the big Asian Mythology buff/maniac/whatever, that I am, I do know a lot about Chinese, Japanese and Korean Mythologies, not everything but much.

In Chinese Mythology there's a lot of legends based of the Huli Jing (Fox Spirit), there's also stories like, Legend of the White Snake (The story tells of a young scholar, male of course, who falls in love with a beautiful woman, who actually is a white snake that has taken the form of, wait for it, yes a young attractive female), we also have, Yifan Zhang (A cat goddess that leads a legion of cats to uphold righteousness before the Shang Era. Descendant of Huang Di which is a former yellow emperor).

Now most posters have already explained that the Huli Jing usually always takes the form of a female (there's some stories that it takes the form of a male, Korean mostly, but that's only a few stories out of thousands) so I don't need to explaining all that again. But it's the same with serpents, cats and most animals. The animal spirits/goddesses usually ends up taking a female form when they transform into a humanoid form. They are also either mischievous, or deadly (wants to destroy a male or females life, by either killing them and taking their soul, stealing their fortune, or stealing the love of their live), or it's a love story between the spirit/goddess and a young human male (forbidden love mostly).

Seeing as the game is based of Chinese mythology, I can guess that the classess are based of Chinese mythology also. The explanation above points out that the Venomancer (based of an assortment of serpents, foxes and other small creatures) cannot be of a male form, as the stories and legends throuhout Chinese mythology clearly points that out.

Sorry to dissapoint some, but if they are to add a male form of the Venomancer they need to either, a) base the game of something else then Chinese mythology or b) change the class Venomancer all togheter and not base it of serpents, foxes and other small creatures.

Okay before I stop this insane long post some of you might say, but what about the Barbarian, it's has a male form and based of an animal. Yes the Barbarian is based on the tiger. Like I said in the post before, the animal spirit often takes the form of a female, except when it comes to the tiger and some other animals that the Venomancer is not based of, but the Barbarian is.

To prove some of this you can easily read the Chinese myth, Tiger Boys (It's a myth about a few Chinese boys that goes into the woods and end up as tigers). There's a ton of other legends, stories and myths that strengthen this.

PS. I want to appologize for any typoes or structure errors, feel free to point these out and I can correct them, though it's not important as long as you all get the point. Feel free to correct me on any facts that I might've gotten wrong. All facts are taken from books I've read about Asian cultures, mostly Chinese and Japanses.
  • mikeyfrost
    mikeyfrost Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    No... no.. just, no.
    So what if its pretty loosely based of Chinese mythology? yea... oh boy... they incorporated the 5 chinese elements -.- *twirls finger*

I have yet to see much reference of a flying-elven race in chinese mythology. PWE could have EASILY come up with a story line for a male venomancer-type race, so everyone that is whining that there shouldnt be male Veno's b/c of the storyline or mythology, it could have easily happened.

Many smaller animals in chinese mythology could be associated with males as well as females... BIRDS are a great example of that. Rats could be associated with males. So could turtles.

Anyways, point being- YES, they SHOULD/COULD have made a male-veno... But now that they cheaped out by setting the storyline in place in a way that didnt allow it, it is more difficult for them to just up and change things to incorporate one.

However, the majority of the people i've heard that want to be a male veno (myself included) only use the term "Venomancer" b/c that is what this game is using for the ONLY class that can beast-tame. Yea, fox ears on a guy would look sick (Inuyasha, Kurama, etc *^_^*) but... i think many of us just want to be able to use battle-pets as guys much more than be male-foxes.

In this regard, it should be fairly easy to create another class/backstory that can feature males that tame beasts. it might take a lot of programming work, and a large amount of time to do so, but with the new weapon class "whips" coming out, there is bound to be big changes on the way b:victory
This discussion has been closed.