Male Venomancer?

lordfarkuad
lordfarkuad Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2009 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello everyone, i am brand new to this game and have one question so far..

is it possible to make a male venomancer? because i see you can make a male wizard and blademaster, but when i try to make a male venomancer it doesnt work, it constantly changes to female
Post edited by lordfarkuad on

Comments

• Keako - Heavens Tear
    Keako - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    no u cant make a male venomancer.
    i dont know why though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Alright, let's look at it this way.

The class is called Untamed. Untamed consist of males and females. ALL untamed males are barbarian's, ALL female untamed are venomencers.

It's simple really, all male untamed are born as lions, wolves etc, while the female are a human/animal hybrid. That's why there is no male venomancers, because of their race they can only be born as barbarians. I hope I explained it right so everyone gets what I mean^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_livia_x - Heavens Tear
    X_livia_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I understand what Nevermore is saying, but I think that it would be nice to be able to make a female Barbarian or a male Venomancer. My fiancee wants very badly to be a Venomancer, but he prefers playing male characters (I think mainly so he can embrace me, lol)
  • wolfdoggie
    wolfdoggie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'd love to play Venomancer but I don't want to play a female char..........

Forget the lore and whatever, it's just a lazy game designer trick that should of died with FFXI but apparently evolved to this game.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Not going to happen anytime soon, sorry.

We understand your concern, but the developers I'm sure have their reasons for how the game was designed and balanced.

b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Misstaken - Heavens Tear
    Misstaken - Heavens Tear Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Never going to happen and never should happen.
    I used to do drugs, I still do but I used to too.
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    there's races like this in most mmorpg's

(though pw did it a little diff)

usually it's that one race is all female or male
    kinda liek what they did in final fantasy

though pw's one class one gender is different
    it's still the same concept

so no..
    no male veno's no fem barbs
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009

The class is called Untamed. Untamed consist of males and females. ALL untamed males are barbarian's, ALL female untamed are venomencers.

It's simple really, all male untamed are born as lions, wolves etc, while the female are a human/animal hybrid. That's why there is no male venomancers, because of their race they can only be born as barbarians. I hope I explained it right so everyone gets what I mean^^

I have a vast imagination, and still can't imagine Untamed ones breeding... Cuz Venos are so small, and barbarians so huge... nope...
    On the side my biological thinking, would you really wanted to play as a guy that befriends mobs and has cute lil' animal ears and a cute lil' tail? I hope the answer is no...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    wolfdoggie wrote: »

I guess you don't want to play a veno all that much.

I understand your concern. You might get cooties from your video-game character if it's a female but you're actually a male. Or people might think you're some kind of sissy.. or even worse, a homersecksual. It would be unbearable!

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll start reconsidering once you hit puberty. Until then you can play a sexy, muscle-bound cute male BM or barb. That's a lot more hetero.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • esteno
    esteno Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    fuzzles wrote: »
    I guess you don't want to play a veno all that much.

I understand your concern. You might get cooties from your video-game character if it's a female but you're actually a male. Or people might think you're some kind of sissy.. or even worse, a homersecksual. It would be unbearable!

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll start reconsidering once you hit puberty. Until then you can play a sexy, muscle-bound cute male BM or barb. That's a lot more hetero.

Why are you so violent? He only said that he doesn't want to play a female character, whats wrong with that?
    edited February 2009
    esteno wrote: »
    Why are you so violent? He only said that he doesn't want to play a female character, whats wrong with that?

You have people that play cuz its fun.. and then you have people that play cuz they have pretty lousy lives and ingame they feel powerful and good about themselves (their chars actually), and then there are people that see competition in everything but on the other side love to win easily.. My guess is that he is one of the bottom two types..

>=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolfdoggie
    wolfdoggie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Wow, I understand if you enjoy masturbating to your female character, but making puberty insults because I rather play as my own gender is pretty unnessasary.
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    esteno wrote: »

I'm not violent. I'm rude, dismissive, uncommunicative and intolerant. Get your facts straight.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    My fiancee wants very badly to be a Venomancer, but he prefers playing male characters (I think mainly so he can embrace me, lol)
    Why doesn't he play a veno and you play a male character. Problem solved. b:laugh
    I have a vast imagination, and still can't imagine Untamed ones breeding... Cuz Venos are so small, and barbarians so huge... nope...
    To quote Rumiko Takahashi (author of the Ranma series) when asked if female Ranma could get pregnant, "I don't think about that, and neither should you."
    wolfdoggie wrote: »
    As a guy who plays a veno and a barb, let me just state for the record that the veno is much more pleasant to stare at for hours at a time in the center of my screen.
    edited February 2009
    I'm not violent. I'm rude, dismissive, uncommunicative and intolerant. Get your facts straight.

I got the impression you're just starving for attention.. poor boy..
    I know you think your life sucks and that drives you to spit poison at everyone with no apparent reason, but in the end - it's still your life that sucks man, not mine ;)

but I've got to admit this - In RL, I think we could be great friends, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna harass you just for fun.. If I got it right - its fun for you too... >=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Why doesn't he play a veno and you play a male character. Problem solved. b:laugh

To quote Rumiko Takahashi (author of the Ranma series) when asked if female Ranma could get pregnant, "I don't think about that, and neither should you."

As a guy who plays a veno and a barb, let me just state for the record that the veno is much more pleasant to stare at for hours at a time in the center of my screen.

All your posts were funny man
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    I do not think why a "real man" would send his pets to fight for him. I think is more appropiate for women, since they are not that strong compared to men.

However, I do think we should all have pets for practical reasons rather than fighting and looks.

Pets for picking coins for you.

pets for picking mats for you.

Pets to work as hounds to locate mats, mobs and friends for you.

Pets that will say hi to your close friends.

Pets that will play with your friend's pets.

Things that real pets do in real life.

They do not have to be big. They can be really small and expensive.
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I will try to get a job at PW china and make a Male Venomancer for you ^^
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm going to threadjack this in the same vein of sorts. Many want male veno's so they can intermarry or whatever.

But why the hell are the men the ones able to give rides? Why can't girls give rides to guys?

This isn't about "balance" in the game... b:cry
  • Chirinide - Heavens Tear
    Chirinide - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I do not think why a "real man" would send his pets to fight for him. I think is more appropiate for women, since they are not that strong compared to men.

That's kinda... erm... don't know how the word it's spelled in english... machism, sexism, don't know, i hope you get the idea of what i try to say, in my grade there's this chick, some bullies attempted to "pick her up", she usually ignores them but one day they went to far... 15 minutes later the ambulance had to carry the 3 of them away, and she's not the only one that i know that can do that, women can be as strong as any man... tough ovbiusly they seem to enjoy more being atractive than scary...

And about the main theme of this thread, this is a discrimination to the M gender!! i can be as good with a pet and learning magic as any girl out there xD!! i want a male veno too!! b:angry
  • Wolfdoggie - Lost City
    Wolfdoggie - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yeah it's sexism, but I assume the main reason above all is the developers wanted to save time and money by making only 1 gender per Untamed class and then make excuses for it. And I'm sure some who would absolutly love a female barbarian. Is it so wrong for a male to have Fox ears and tail? It exists in anime all the time so it's not like it's uncommon. :P
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    That's kinda... erm... don't know how the word it's spelled in english... machism, sexism, don't know, i hope you get the idea of what i try to say, in my grade there's this chick, some bullies attempted to "pick her up", she usually ignores them but one day they went to far... 15 minutes later the ambulance had to carry the 3 of them away, and she's not the only one that i know that can do that, women can be as strong as any man... tough ovbiusly they seem to enjoy more being atractive than scary...

And about the main theme of this thread, this is a discrimination to the M gender!! i can be as good with a pet and learning magic as any girl out there xD!! i want a male veno too!! b:angry

Men tend to be stronger than women, regardless of how much machism, sexism is on me or on this world (by the way, I do not consider myself on that group).

You can find millions women who actually are stronger than the typical man. but still the natural overall picture does not change.

Returning to the game, I don't know how much sence would make a small sexy skinny female tank?

At the same time several things in the game does not make sence like tiny rabbits or tiny frogs killing huge mobs. Small humans in solo killing giant mobs.

A good solution would be to have in every race male and female. Venos and Barbarians would be two different races with male and female.
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    I'm confused.. how can there be any strong women? Do they have a gym in their kitchen?

(Please don't kill me)
    edited February 2009
    At the same time several things in the game does not make sence like tiny rabbits or tiny frogs killing huge mobs. Small humans in solo killing giant mobs.

well not a barb, but a more evasion/speed/atk.speed warrior would be awesome and it could be a girl, i started to play this cause i heard there was "a BIG freedom" in creating your char, i came imagening some wolf-girl running at top speed towards something and start slashing the **** out of it with.. dunno... dual dagger? but nope, my dream got crushed the game it's as limited as any other in that way, the only freedom here it's the face creation...
    I'm confused.. how can there be any strong women? Do they have a gym in their kitchen?

(Please don't kill me)

I'm not a chick lol xD i kinda did something... during the past few years, the thing is i get along a lot more with girls than with boys (it's not as good as it sounds, believe me) and i kinda understand them a bit... you don't need to be strong to beat others; self-defense, kung-fu, and lots of other fighting stiles teach you how to beat them without being stronger than them, i'm an example of it since i'm small and kinda weaker than anyone else in... in maybe the entire country lol xD and can win a fight anyway (not without getting injured tough...)
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i think it has more to do with Chinese folklore. venos were "yao jing" in the original game, basically animals that ppl thought were sly, cunning, like foxes or snakes, that have attained spiritual awareness after living for a long time, and they were always portrayed as female. In case you haven't figured it out, this game was originally Chinese.
    edited February 2009
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    i think it has more to do with Chinese folklore. venos were "yao jing" in the original game, basically animals that ppl thought were sly, cunning, like foxes or snakes, that have attained spiritual awareness after living for a long time, and they were always portrayed as female. In case you haven't figured it out, this game was originally Chinese.

I don't know other's but since i started it semeed pretty ovbius this is chinese lol i mean, the name's of npc, the general scultures and building, the letters, the wears, the music (etc, etc).... but i didn't saw it from that point of view till now.... you're probably right.... BUT I STILL WANT MY WOLF-GIRL WITH AWESOME SPEED AND AWESOME SLASHING-STUFF-SKILLS!! xD :P .....and what was the topic about again? ...oh yeah! AND I WANT A MALE-VENO b:laughb:laugh xD
  • fuzzles
    edited February 2009
    I don't know other's but since i started it semeed pretty ovbius this is chinese lol i mean, the name's of npc

Mmm.. interesting little thing there.. in the Malaysian version, which, unsurprisingly, had quite a lot of Asian players, all the NPCs had very Western(ish) names.

Tu Jo was named Rosalind, for instance.
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2009

You may be all that, but I want to add cuddly to the list. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
    edited February 2009
    Mmm.. interesting little thing there.. in the Malaysian version, which, unsurprisingly, had quite a lot of Asian players, all the NPCs had very Western(ish) names.

Tu Jo was named Rosalind, for instance.

I didn't play the malasyian version i started a weak ago (a bit more maybe) and i may be wrong but from the beggining i tough everything had an chinese touch so i deduced it was chinese
  • kantormerg
    kantormerg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    b:pleased

And it should remain that way.
This discussion has been closed.