is it me or population just..?

Options
SmokeBong - Heavens Tear
SmokeBong - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
I take note, that from a week or so servers haven't go high then "normal", i remember they used to be "high" almost every time i play. Every one else noticed that?
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Post edited by SmokeBong - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The people are so obsessed with leveling fast they quickly run out of things to do. This applies on all servers, which is why I take my time leveling and have every class.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, everyday, more and more people is quitting the game, their reasons are either "personal life got too busy" or "going to another game".
    The lack of things to do ingame dont help either, and even if you make many classes, the quests variation will just allow you to do the same things over and over again until your brain melts.
  • Kyurii - Heavens Tear
    Kyurii - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I made one of each char to get a feel of how everything works and then quit, after 80 lvling is just too boring... Most people are lvling just by dailies now, and I fully understand why

I dont know why so many go through the pain of lvling at that point because honestly, youre playing a game for fun, and grinding is not fun, then why are you playing?

Then again, some people might actually be addicted to games, which explains why they keep playing, hehb:surrender
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I come from a game that was 100% grind so I actually like grinding.
    Main characters
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @Everyone reason why people level high is to pvp, if ur bored u should have joined pvp server b:chuckle
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    See thats where I see a problem. If you want pvp so much, then leveling should actually take LC players a hell of a long time becuase they would be too busy pvping to level up.
    Main characters
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    But it doesnt...

Despite all our pvp we are still higher level, how does it feel?

Also out of curiosity when are u going to lose this LC hate of yours Zoe and just admit it isnt a bunch of high levels killing noobs. Maybe even come and see for urself? Or is getting a feel for the server and realizing how much bull you've been spouting against ur morals?
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    More likely the fact is I've already been on that server, found out how much LC players suck and deleted my characters. The fact that you level so fast proves you are not that big on pvp because if you were, none of you would ever level past 30.
    Main characters
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I don't know anything about internal server populations. I do know that server hardware and population level settings can and often are changed, though, so it isn't always or even often indicative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    More likely the fact is I've already been on that server, found out how much LC players suck and deleted my characters. The fact that you level so fast proves you are not that big on pvp because if you were, none of you would ever level past 30.

b:thanks plz teach me how to pk below lvl30 b:pleased
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I take note, that from a week or so servers haven't go high then "normal", i remember they used to be "high" almost every time i play. Every one else noticed that?

Over the past several months a large number of new players have been joining PWI and increasing the overall population.

We recently upgraded our servers and increased the capacity that each server can hold.

The end result is that all servers are now at a lower percentage of capacity, which is why you aren't seeing "high" as often as you did before. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:thanks plz teach me how to pk below lvl30 b:pleased

Actually I have an example of that.b:laugh

A couple of low levels dueled each other, after it was over the loser had 1 hp left and a random monster next to them killed them. b:chuckle
    Main characters
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options

No its because most serious players of perfect world realise that low level pvp is not real pvp and pails in comparison to 9x and end-game pvp. But clearly our levels show we are not that big on pvp and u HT players are much more pvp orientated thats why ur levels are so much lower.

Note: highest level on pvp server Elayne also has enough kills to put him third in the HT pvp ranking list. Also 9th highest level on HT would be 45th on LC. Finally CQ alone has more 9x than there are in the entire HT server. GG

Zoe im tired of responding to u bye
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    @Everyone reason why people level high is to pvp, if ur bored u should have joined pvp server b:chuckle

People level high?

That explains so much....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arravis - Lost City
    Arravis - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No its because most serious players of perfect world realise that low level pvp is not real pvp and pails in comparison to 9x and end-game pvp. But clearly our levels show we are not that big on pvp and u HT players are much more pvp orientated thats why ur levels are so much lower.

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Over the past several months a large number of new players have been joining PWI and increasing the overall population.

We recently upgraded our servers and increased the capacity that each server can hold.

The end result is that all servers are now at a lower percentage of capacity, which is why you aren't seeing "high" as often as you did before. :)

I knew it. I knew the game was more crowded than usual. It's getting nearly impossible to find an empty spot to train/mess around.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do think the santuary server was busier couple weeks back. However, I prefer a not too busy server, since I do not like to fight to kill a mob.

There many recomendations about how to make the game better. jWe just have to see the section about that on this forum.

If new players could get involved early in TW look alike activities the game could be improved.
  • SmokeBong - Heavens Tear
    SmokeBong - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, like Xarfox said, i was thinking the same, but i always wondered how much is the max player gap of the servers (capacity), i will not get reply to that one maybe :)
    NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well, if the size of the cat shop avenue in West Archo is any indication, then this server is still very heavily populated... b:chuckle

The average player isn't anywhere near endgame yet. I guess the people who got bored already are most often the powerlevelers who completed every single bit of content in this game in 2 weeks or so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Actually I have an example of that.b:laugh

A couple of low levels dueled each other, after it was over the loser had 1 hp left and a random monster next to them killed them. b:chuckle

b:chuckle isnt that pve? when some random monster comes into play isnt that the environment and not the player?

seems like you dont comprehend what exactly is pvp.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    im lvl 71 and starting to get bored....
    Back.
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle isnt that pve? when some random monster comes into play isnt that the environment and not the player?

seems like you dont comprehend what exactly is pvp.

It's actually a form of MPK. Which is when 1 player uses a mob to circumvent normal PK rules. However, it is a form of PK (altho illegal & bannable if intentionally done) and thereby a form of pvp none the less.
  • Nraht - Heavens Tear
    Nraht - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No its because most serious players of perfect world realise that low level pvp is not real pvp and pails in comparison to 9x and end-game pvp.

End game? End game?? Heh. While it is admirable that you have ppl almost lvl100 on LC server in five months time don't be fooled. Soon you will need more experience and more time to make 1 lvl than it has taken you to get this far. Without doing too much math the first person to actually be ready for fb109 will be at best in the year 2013. Then there is the matter of actually defeating the final angel or devil to complete the culti. No small task even with maxed out gear and weaps. (+12 with grade 12 celestones). Then there is the matter of end game actually being lvl150. You won't physically live long enough to see that. PVP is a welcome distraction from staring at your char screen and seeing that 1.75 billion exp needed for next lvl.

As far as population goes, it shifts constantly. People who only play to reach high levels burn out and get replaced by newbies or just start new characters. Played a different version with a girl who had no less than 10 lvl 50+ chars but not one over lvl62. Fb59 was pretty much end game for her.

Just have to realize mmo's are more about interacting with others than pounding your way toward basically unattainable goals. Evidence is how many things you can't do solo after 80+ and the importance of guilds.

Been playing these type games for a few years with a core group of people that came together randomly. What started as a brief vacation from the last game we were uber on has turned into a year plus hiatus playing PW. We'll always play here just as we sometimes wander back to our old haunts to check out updates but always keep in mind it is, after all, only a game.

Peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anyone see my axes.....
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    End game? End game?? Heh. While it is admirable that you have ppl almost lvl100 on LC server in five months time don't be fooled. Soon you will need more experience and more time to make 1 lvl than it has taken you to get this far. Without doing too much math the first person to actually be ready for fb109 will be at best in the year 2013. Then there is the matter of actually defeating the final angel or devil to complete the culti. No small task even with maxed out gear and weaps. (+12 with grade 12 celestones). Then there is the matter of end game actually being lvl150. You won't physically live long enough to see that. PVP is a welcome distraction from staring at your char screen and seeing that 1.75 billion exp needed for next lvl.

Maybe you need to look for what people define as "end-game"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The games level max is at 105 anyways. So part of the replies above are kind of not factual, and kind of moot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Nraht - Heavens Tear
    Nraht - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Maybe you need to look for what people define as "end-game"

Um....end game is when you can't lvl anymore and have the best eq for your class?
    The games level max is at 105 anyways. So part of the replies above are kind of not factual, and kind of moot.

Ah....so they are handing out 3rd lvl devils and angels at 105 instead of 109 now? If you can find it stated somewhere officially that max level is 105 I would like to see it posted or a link to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anyone see my axes.....
  • kenchinbatousai
    kenchinbatousai Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I fond so hard to gather a group of players just to help eachothers, i think people like too much to go individualy, atleast at my level, im 12 atm. I have no problem to ask, to a lower level character then me, if he\she needs help and help him\her reach my level and then partying together, they always like the help, but when i try to make a group whit people of my level i can never find people that actualy want it unless the mission says you need to do so. Its so boring to play alone, then why do people rush on leveling and alone???

I have no idea of how population is going in Lost city, or in anyothers as im a newbee, but if there was only 5 people and they where all diferent levels in the world would they go on separate or they'd like to stick around and play with eachothers ? i think this is what makes MMO's so popular and yet people act individualy.

For me there's no end game, an MMO is not a game just to kill monsters its a game to play with people and actualy make game buddies :). If you think that a very high level character is somewhat becoming obsulete cause you cant do minor quests with lower people cause your just too strong then just make a new one.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You asked for it, you got it. Straight from a MOD's mouth on another thread here on the forums.
    andracil wrote: »
    It's 105. You can't go beyond that. The max lvl may increase someday, but right now, it's 105.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • bunnyhunny
    bunnyhunny Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    really? theres less people playing? I havent noticed, i'm still getting KSed at lvl 65.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No, if you would have read the entire thread. The big kahoona said this.

The Population is going UP not DOWN. Which has made PWI to upgrade it's servers to handle more ppl.

xarfox wrote: »

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle