Pvp gets worse at 8x?

Options
glooms
glooms Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Archer
I'm currently playing a 75 archer using sling shot. It seems that its harder and harder to pvp and actually kill.

Barbs = Don't even think about killing
Warriors = Either they have gx or it ends up neither winning
Mage = Especially LA mage gets harder and harder to kill
Clerics = Ok kill
Venos = Ok kill (depending on phoenix or LA venos)

So does it improve greatly with the HH80 crossbow? I do indeed need some inspiration.

b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by glooms on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sooner or later you'll figure out sling isn't ment to kill players. Its favored in duels cause they'll get the first shot off (stun). If you want to white name pk, get yourself a real weapon (xbow/gold bow). Oh and as archers we don't wave to them before pking, so LA shouldn't be much of a prob.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • glooms
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I do realize that crossbows are meant for pvp, I'm just using the sling to grind faster from 70-80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    When u fight bm try to make it an air battle if its on the ground u will lose most the time since they have cloudsprint, also use aim low not the three second stun cuzz to be honest three seconds isnt long enough for u to tick his heiro and do enough damage b4 he gets out of stun and stuns u. Barb is not worth trying because hp is too much to overcome one on one unless its a pure pvp barb with no vit which is hard to find. Max ur metal skills. when fighting bm do aim low, aoe metal move, hiero ticks then use ur other two metal moves and he should be dead if not repeat u will get a lucky crit eventually. If ur low on chi regular hit and keep flying around. If he gets close kite!!! Drop, fly around gain altitude. If he has faster flying mount this will be harder to do. Mage pk vs archer its whoever hits first light armor wont make much of a dif just imagine ur fighting another archer with a lot less dodge and light armor offers more magic def then physical so ur better off regular hitting with fury either way its a toss up against mage since their seal move can negate ur fury.
  • glooms
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Question is, how do you kite when your flying at the same speed? (3.0) None of the slow debuffs work in air.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Kite by droping and flying moving around by the time he drops and gets to same altitude u have got some distance inbetween ur adversary.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    when fighting bm do aim low, aoe metal move, hiero ticks then use ur other two metal moves and he should be dead if not repeat

aoe metal? whats the point if your just fighting one bm. plus the aoe metal has the longest channel time, thats a HUGE waste of aim low. and if you have the chance to repeat your aoe metal... then your fighting against a **** bm. the other 2 lighting (non aoe, yes i don't remember what they are called) are way more important. its smarter to use metal debuff before any metal attacks.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    aoe metal? whats the point if your just fighting one bm. plus the aoe metal has the longest channel time, thats a HUGE waste of aim low. and if you have the chance to repeat your aoe metal... then your fighting against a **** bm. the other 2 lighting (non aoe, yes i don't remember what they are called) are way more important. its smarter to use metal debuff before any metal attacks.

agree that channel time sucks!!!
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i guess, since at 80 u may have that 50% added accuracy mold, which is a pain to us...
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    i guess, since at 80 u may have that 50% added accuracy mold, which is a pain to us...

thankfully that mold is quite rare because it really screws up our evasion bonus ><
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    dex built bm + ly ring = gg for EA unless u have nice equips

or b:laugh u crit him n he lies dead at ur feet without being able to stun u
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

AoE metal hits harder than the other 2 but u should always start with those as they cast faster and have shorter cooldowns so if they are about to die ur more likely to finish them. However if u just used fury and they already have the debuff on them its the best one to start with a crit with fury does a LOT normally at least over half hp so its possible to kill them without heiro tick if they have just over half hp left.
    Things do look up at 8x btw ur damage gets better and u shouldnt really lose unless its a good gear and weapon barb or wf with phoenix. Light Mages you should always use metal attacks as their pdef is usually annoyingly high but they still have roughly the same metal def as another archer and we all know crits on metals hurt us plus they generally have less hp. When fighting light mages treat them as you would another archer as their damage is virtually the same as urs jus more physical defense(their earth shield doubles their pdef from gear). Tbh they dont crit much as well they have a base crit of 5% at lv 90+ with +dex gears b:chuckle.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • crestakh
    crestakh Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So...

are Archers still making food out of wizards at 80+?
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mmmmmm wizards.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Hallstatt - Sanctuary
    Hallstatt - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Mmmmmm wizards.

best answer i have got for a question this year :P

Archers rule :P
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    1. Sling shots sucks for PvP.

2. EA with lingyun are failures.

3. If you can ever kill a werebeast 1v1 they failed at there class.

4. Get a crossbow and it'll all change.

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp20/d4nnylol/DAMAGEZ.jpg

^my cross bows typical damage

Sydicate - Archer

MeLoveYou - Wf, light armor + pheonix

Ethree - Werebeast

Takaru - WR
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Archers don't get worse but other classes do start to catch up. It just means you gotta stop spamming your deadly shot and think about what your skills actually do. Ppl who got here before me brought up some good points on that already. Archers are DD but there's more than raw damage up their sleeves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • glooms
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So which crossbow would you suggest for HH80? :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prewancker - Lost City
    Prewancker - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think sillyfoo is recommending using the AOE metal skill because your goal at that point is not to do the most damage but to tick the hiero. Once you do that, your other two lightning skills which are not on cooldown are available for use. If either one of those crits, you have a good chance of killing the opponent.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I think sillyfoo is recommending using the AOE metal skill because your goal at that point is not to do the most damage but to tick the hiero. Once you do that, your other two lightning skills which are not on cooldown are available for use. If either one of those crits, you have a good chance of killing the opponent.

ummm... unless your aoe metal is gonna kill him, its a huge waste. in the time it takes to fire the aoe metal, you should be able to get off debuff+lighting. and if you need aoe metal to tick... its best for you move on, cause your just not gonna kill that bm.

• Asgenar - Lost City
    Asgenar - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sooner or later you'll figure out sling isn't ment to kill players. Its favored in duels cause they'll get the first shot off (stun). If you want to white name pk, get yourself a real weapon (xbow/gold bow). Oh and as archers we don't wave to them before pking, so LA shouldn't be much of a prob.

umm weapon attack speed doesn't affect skill cast speed. Slingshots are still by far the best at taking down light and arcane armor users because most of your damage will come from normal hits, not skill.
  • sillyfoo
    edited February 2009
    Options
    ummm... unless your aoe metal is gonna kill him, its a huge waste. in the time it takes to fire the aoe metal, you should be able to get off debuff+lighting. and if you need aoe metal to tick... its best for you move on, cause your just not gonna kill that bm.

Ok first of all i never said anyone has to use this technique it is just one way to do it not the only way. 2nd you said you get off debuff and lightning yes that does work if you crit with the lightning move but my way just leaves you two metal moves to hit him with in quick sucession if incase you dont crit b4 his heiro is off cooldown. I dont need the aoe to tick its just used so i still have two metal moves left over to use to wipe out the bm's hp bar when his heiro has ticked in the fastest fashion incase there are no crits and if there are bm is dead. You are entitled to your opinion but dont knock this technique when it does work. I use this and it works just fine 1 vs 1 air battle.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    just hit a 9x barb for 5.8k with level 6 lightning aoe (yes fail skills) no dragon, no amp
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sillyfoo is absolutely correct no wr/wb who isnt 10 levels below u take 2 shots to kill without fury. The debuf and thunderbolt may be the fastest metal skills but that is only 2 skills and both have a 6 second cooldown which means ur sitting there doing no damage for at least 2 secs.

Also i would like u 2 note our AoE metal hits the hardest out of the 3 skills AND only has a 0.7 sec longer cast than the debuff. Soo much for it being unbelievably slow.

FOR ALL THOSE ARCHERS OUT THERE USING A MISTY FOREST RING DO NOT DO IT. IF U DO U ARE A FAILURE ARCHER GO GET URSELF A CRIT RING.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Sillyfoo is absolutely correct no wr/wb who isnt 10 levels below u take 2 shots to kill without fury. The debuf and thunderbolt may be the fastest metal skills but that is only 2 skills and both have a 6 second cooldown which means ur sitting there doing no damage for at least 2 secs.

Also i would like u 2 note our AoE metal hits the hardest out of the 3 skills AND only has a 0.7 sec longer cast than the debuff. Soo much for it being unbelievably slow.

FOR ALL THOSE ARCHERS OUT THERE USING A MISTY FOREST RING DO NOT DO IT. IF U DO U ARE A FAILURE ARCHER GO GET URSELF A CRIT RING.

we need to make a club where we inform people of what gear is complete fail for an archer. then id be 1 step closer to being an online hero
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    +1 for club. Seeing an archer have +accuracy rings makes me cringe (not even necessarily the misty ring) =/
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    umm weapon attack speed doesn't affect skill cast speed.

But elite shot gives you five percent channeling speed.

If I am hitting only 94% on some monster and a misty forest ring had me hitting 98%, my average damage would have increased by 4%. If I had 20% critical hit rate and my critical chance went up by 4%, my average damage would have increased by maybe 3%?

b:dirty

b:chuckle
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How can people keep messing up a simple thing? + crit % is exactly equal to the + avg dmg. So a 4% crit increase is 4% more avg dmg.
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    But elite shot gives you five percent channeling speed.

If I am hitting only 94% on some monster and a misty forest ring had me hitting 98%, my average damage would have increased by 4%. If I had 20% critical hit rate and my critical chance went up by 4%, my average damage would have increased by maybe 3%?

b:dirty

b:chuckle

If u have a misty forest ring so u can miss mobs less im afraid to say there is no hope for u.....

Misty ring=bad

a few reasons

-Doesnt help pve u virtually dont mis anyway
    -Low level ring so u will have much less physical attack (8x ring-7x ring around 150-200 pattack difference)
    -u lose out on crit (archers wear crit rings duh)
    -in pvp many believe it can be elite against other archers this is not true, as u are reducing ur damage and crit rate for about a 10% more chance t0 hit. Misses can be annoying but live with it, going from 2kacc to 3k acc u will STIL MISS. Iv used a acc pot that gave me 16k accuracy and i still missed another archer. It is just not worth it.
    -if u are not going to keep a misty ring till late game (which i pray u are not) it is not worth the expense of getting. From cube it costs 5.7mill +115 chips from other players around 7-8mil. If it drops in fb79 dont expect to take it from the tank or wr in pt thats just plain selfish. its not worth the expense of getting, hell if i got it for free i wouldnt use it i would sell.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • tr0oll
    tr0oll Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    No, for an archer (built right) PVP rocks all the time.
    Being able to do metal and physical damage is, simply, epic. (don't forget sharpened tooth)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Purified, Harshlands
    I'm the Veno with a phoenix zerging your ****

Signature by Sev
  • Elahim - Lost City
    Elahim - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Crits do double damage.

Total DPS = %Hit*(DPS + 2*DPS*CritChance)
    Total DPS = %Hit*(DPS (1 + 2*CritChance))

For instance, 16% crit 98% accuracy

Total DPS = 0.98(DPS(1+2*0.16)) = DPS(1.32*0.98) = (1.294)DPS

Vs. 20% crit 94% accuracy

Total DPS = 0.94(DPS(1+2*0.2)) = DPS(1.4*0.94) = (1.316)DPS

I have no idea how accurate your numbers were, just wanted to run them for you.