SPEAR BM's

Options
Livebynight - Sanctuary
Livebynight - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
edited February 2009 in Blademaster
heya i was jsut wondering if there were any spear bm's out there, i rarely see people using spears any more all i see is people using hammers and axes, i personally love using spears and i only know one other spear bm so i kinda feel like spears are dying out as a weapon choice.b:sad
Im a lvl 33 spear BM btw
Post edited by Livebynight - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Purple - Lost City
    Purple - Lost City Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    <3 Farstrike...just not when it's being used on me. ><

My BM uses them.
    Wall sniping, ninja tree magic, and medium range artillery. Whine less, please. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Im a 100% pvp spearman.
    If your looking for tips for pvp for a spearman, i can give a few.
    1: Do NOT use an axe build if somone tells you to in game...It's stupid for spears...an exact build does'nt matter so much. just get enough Vit to survive those nasty mage and archer attacks...I have about 80 vit at lvl 67 atm and i have'nt been killed by anyone around my lvl in a long long time.
    2:Like the other bms max out all of your stuns...well for spear its really just 2...but max them out.
    3:Spear is more of a 1v1 class... Axes have stronger aoes that we do. but spear Aoe has other effects...like slow, def debuffs, etc.
    It's really up to you with your build... you have to find your own path to play your character...just don't use a typical axe build for spear...(tons of str almost no vit and lots of dex...) for spears...Str and crits wont save you in pvp.
    ...Ehh.
  • scoot2009
    scoot2009 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I just started playing PW a few days ago and I went to the forum guides and eventually decided the best build for me was a spear BM. It seemed to have a good mix of skills. So far I'm very happy with it.
  • Livebynight - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    Options
    thts kool guys thanks alot, glad to finally see some other spear bm's out there i see alot of people using axes, dual hammers alot because they beleive tht strength is the only way, i prefer the spears because u get in a few hits before the monster can get one in(if its a cqc monster), also spears do have soem great AOE's jsut gtta get em lined up for piercing winds XD, im just hoping to get some good armor or something to help me out i need more health so i think i should try to focus more on VIT than STR, ive jsut thought tht strength might save u in a tight corner but now i relize the longer u can survive the better XD. If you guys have any other tips for not only me but for anyone who needs them then plz post them here ^ _ ^be glad to hear ur opinions, also wht do u guys think of berserk attacks are they worth the 5% helath loss, even if u have diamond sutra?
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    berserk weapons=ftw

on another note, when I make it to lvl 89, I'm going demon, as spear bms get another stun skill (meteor rush gains 33% chance to stun)
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Berserker = suicide , sure the damage add is great but at the cost of your life. I have a barb friend who is level 52 and sold a nice set of axes with Berserker because they kept killing themselves.
  • Winged__love - Heavens Tear
    Winged__love - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hey! b:victory I'm a Spear BM and I enjoy it enough to say that, I think we'll do very well in PVP! I always see the Swords-Axes BMs all over the place, but I rarely see a Polearm BM. Currently I'm level 26 and working my way up along with my cleric, and so far I can say is that, I LOVE IT! Can't wait till I get to level 29 to get into the Spear Skill area. I think Far-strike and etc will help out a lot on fighting magical classes, half the time. But as a low level guy for awhile...I think I'm going to focus more towards Stun, hitting the opponent, and staying alive long enough.

So I suggest keeping a decent vit/str/dex balance so that you can do well in PVP & PVE. All STR & no VIT makes Freeto a dull dull blademaster. b:laugh
  • BearHunter - Sanctuary
    BearHunter - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Are you sure starting to max out all your stun skill including Roar of the Pride is best choice?
    Roar of the pride seems to be pretty effective as LV1 and chance to miss is always there (though low) unless you get it pure LV10 but meanwile it eats up your spirit points.

Also noticed that since Roar of Pride is AoE it's not best choice in areas where there is high density of mobs and half them are 0 aggro (Sundown Town dustwaiths or Hidden Orchid valley-a type of spiders and stone golems were 0 aggro)
    You can easily single out and single stun them (for either prevent nuking or stop running away) but blast off an AoE stun - just stun no physical harm yet (i dunno would it's radius widen as it levels) and they're all jump at you. Ouch, don't do that.

I still have to confirm wether it's radius widen as it levels but if it does- what's the benefit of that? You're 1 on 1 fighter pissing off a herd of mobs to get one dead (and apprearantly yourself as well)

I think a LV60+ BM can tell better what benefits higher level Roar has. Let's wait and hope some of them come forward.
  • Bitisu - Lost City
    Bitisu - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    roar at higher lvls is good for stun time
    im a axe bm so the stun time is good for me as my moves cooldown times fits perfectly with a lvl 5 roar
    on a side note im going axe/pole build for the higher lvls so i can knockback during solo aoe runs and that wicked farstrike for the little squishies b:chuckle
    yeah if you want stun time to increase (now that i think about it) the longer the time that means you have more time to set up your best position for your frontal skills
    i myself am fine with lvl 5 roar as it works fine for me
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow so many more ideas for being a spear bm, ill be sure to start getting roar of the pride lvled up and get more vitality and dexerity, i have 90 str atm 51 vit, 40 dex 10 mag, so i think i might want to raise that up so that i can last a lil longer in battle,and ty for the opinions on berserk, yes it is suicide sometimes, as long as u have a cleric with you i dont see the problem with it but when ur alone ya might need a spare spear/wep to use, i knw ill keep my berserk spear even though i have a new one cant wait to use it XD 2 stars, 1 socket, quicken, gnna be sweet the current stats on my spear tht im using now are 2 star, chance of berserk for 5% health but i do about 2000 damage each berserk when i do tht so i think its worth it as long as diamond sutra is available and some pots.What are the stats on your guy's spears? anything special that makes ur special?keep the replies coming guys XD
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    berserk + charm= no problems lol

also if u plan on doing TW u need roar of the pride (obvious reasons). Bms control the TW battlefield with stuns.

I currently use my TT 60 spear, petrified lance (right name?). I'm still working on what TT 70 spear I want (there are 3).
  • Duskreaver - Heavens Tear
    Duskreaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I actually converted from a fist to a spear at lv49, and loving it. 9% crit + Farstrike = awesomesauce
  • ARobinson - Sanctuary
    ARobinson - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am a lvl 50 spear BM, I am going to max my aeolian blade out, but I havent touched my roar of the pride, is that a necesity? or is it a waste?\
    also, a meteor rush then a farstrike is a deadly mix and I love it when dueling and they use a spark!b:laugh
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yes you want roar of the pride. It's all around useful, for dungeons, fbs, TWs, aoe grinding, etc.

Aeolian blade is also very good.

Meteor rush doesn't do knockback (knockback doesn't work in pvp of any sort including duels) but it still is good damage. And I love farstrike.
  • Nalle - Lost City
    Nalle - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    got lvl 45 Spear BM at the moment, more dex based
    I would not change to any other weapon, i like the skills that spear has and as a dex build, that higher accuracy + bigger chance to do critical damage are nice. Evasion helps somewhat in PvE but where its really needed is PvP :)
    Zelex - Lvl 73 Blademaster
    Nalle - Lvl 73 Wizard
  • WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear
    WhiteMasaX - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Dont listen to them

Listen to me, because I am the # 1 (IchiBan) "Spear" BM on heaven's tear serverb:laugh

Spear should be your Sub/spare weapon, u only use it when people trying to escape/run in TW( which is Hybrid Axe/Spear), and yes Spear is good in duelin for Early-Mid game, But it pretty sucks in late game,

but i still killed ton Lv80-90+ BMs with my spear, only have 3-4 BMs stronger than me on Heaven's tear

But if u decided to use Spear u will cry when u reach lvl 75+ cuz ur spear AOE skills suck, and if u solo killing mobs 1by1 it is 2-3 times slower than axe solo aoe
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

So is that mean it never have a real fight for BM 1v1?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    My Tips for u,

if u like spear, use it till Lv 60...

from Lv 60-75 u must save enough Skill points and $ for your Axe and Axe skills

i used to be Pure Spear, and i changed built to Axe when i was Lv 79-80, it was a bit too late, but im still doin ok in Pve and PVP now

All those Calmity Axes ( has chance deal double damage Lv70 mold axes) not really a threat for me
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The high lvl noob BMs i know ingame have ton of excuses : When they lost in duel, they say duel is nothing, and say PK is the real PVP, when they cant kill you in PK, they say BM vs BM PK = charm war, then they will say TW is the real PVP, in TW they say TW is about Teamwork so refuse to 1v1

• Arlen - Lost City
    Arlen - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Depends on what you want. from my experience from the MY server...if you want to lvl fast and do good with pve all around. go Axes late game. If your still wanting to Pvp out in the world... Spear is still great late game. especially 1v1.

Pve or pvp or both.. up to you.
    ...Ehh.
  • str8brawler
    str8brawler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PoleBlades/Spears/Clubs are the SHI.T they got good speed/power/and the sound they make god dam, im a kill ya wit a spear!

Str130 dex80 vit57 mag 20
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow all this information is great guys but im still curiouse,with all this information on spears being good till lvl 60 and then converting to a axe bm is a lil bit much for me, my friends think tht it is good to stick with one weapon choice and now switch around, i kinda agree with em i like to stick with one type of weapon because then i dont mix up my skills with a different wep, jsut my opinion guys but plz keep the replys coming alotta good info from higher ups keep helping everyone out and well all be able to be great spear bm's b:victory
  • Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear
    Triple_T_K_A - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Now I want a spear Bmb:victory
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wht do u guys beleive are the best stats are to have on your spear, exp quicken, berserk, phy damage +, phys def, magical def,element damage, sockets? b:thanks
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    PoleBlades/Spears/Clubs are the SHI.T they got good speed/power/and the sound they make god dam, im a kill ya wit a spear!

Str90 dex78 vit57 mag 20

Re-roll wiz pl0x :x
    Back.
  • Szioul - Heavens Tear
    Szioul - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    on another note, when I make it to lvl 89, I'm going demon, as spear bms get another stun skill (meteor rush gains 33% chance to stun)
    Sage/Demon Meteor Rush is Lv.99.
    Meteor rush doesn't do knockback (knockback doesn't work in pvp of any sort including duels) but it still is good damage.
    True. Except it works on pets, at least in TW. Handy for pushing away those pesky Phoenixes.
    Legion: Sentinel
    Clan: RisenSky
  • BearHunter - Sanctuary
    BearHunter - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm LV37 and I think trial scythe is pretty much done all I could ask from it.
    Any idea how to get a new weapon as good as this? I didn't have till yesterday
    clicking on Legendary Forge pots in the yard of Gen. Summer. Under the "special"
    weapons was...

for LV40 person 3-star scythe. needs 2 types of FB bloods (obtainable from players or lower FB's - for many players they're cluttering up bank account)
    and usual everyday mid-level mats such as gravel steel etc.
    Needs under LV4 smith skills. Can't remember was it 2 or 3.

Heh I was wondering what these "bloods" were exactly for for a long time.

So all LV40-sh spear warriors- 3-star scythe is within your reach :)
  • Mikral - Sanctuary
    Mikral - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well if you're lucky, than you also can manufract 3* weapons at the blacksmith.
    And the monsters also drop 3* stuff

so.. good luck~~
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm LV4 blacksmith and though it takes a lot of smithing to get there i haven't been able to turn out a single 3* thing (though lot of 2-star ones). For 3-star scythe- my money is on that legendary forge. I'ts easier and cheaper get FB bloods (we all run FB's anyway) than waste countless tries doing better than 2-star ones. And since I've noticed those 3-star scythes are found their way into catshops then you probably won't be very successful at selling failures to get the money back because of competition- some of these early legendary scythes are real bargain price (saw one 3* scythe like that on sale for 25K c'mon!).
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I play a spear BM on another client - it rules - good mix for both PvP & PvE gameplay so if you are into PK, Duels, TW and other PvP stuff or just wanna play a PvP server (I would recomend sword for those, but I suck at PvP servers cuz I'm not ambitious and agressive enough)... You can solo and you can make them suffer (bleed mob suckers!)

btw, with spear you can always boast around that you have a "big pole".. (bad joke, I know and I don't care)

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I play a spear BM on another client - it rules - good mix for both PvP & PvE gameplay so if you are into PK, Duels, TW and other PvP stuff or just wanna play a PvP server (I would recomend sword for those, but I suck at PvP servers cuz I'm not ambitious and agressive enough)... You can solo and you can make them suffer (bleed mob suckers!)

btw, with spear you can always boast around that you have a "big pole".. (bad joke, I know and I don't care)

b:victory

I havent met any strong sword bms so far
    THE GOD OF SPEAR

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dave379
    dave379 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Do not listen to the people who say spear sucks after lvl 60. You notice that they are on PvE servers. For PVP servers, it is so much more different. Spear is the best for pvp. You might not have the stunlock capabilities of axe, but if you are a good spear user, you can form lots of combos. Also, people who kite cannot run from you that well because spear is all about range and bleed.