Ok perfect world come on we need more quests

_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
yeah so i hit 42 today and then i only got 2 new quests...
i was like "wow" i got about 19% total exp.
i am ALL out of quests atm and i cannot afford to be buying exp scrolls all the time.
so now i must either wait like 3 days or more of crazy stone or grind and be bored to tears.
so seriously i think there should be more quests.
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You think its bad at 42? I need 3.4 million exp now and my quests don't even begin to cover that. Crazy stone gives me 4.8%.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol wait till you hit my level
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah i know thats bad you all agree basically that it sucks
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    it doesnt suck at all. other games are MUCH MUCH worse

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Below mid to high 50's if you ran out of quests you
    A) missed a bunch
    B) Did all your quests with large parties and didnt get any mob killing exp cause you were too lazy to do it yourself or one other person
    c) Asked a bunch of people much higher then you to do it for you and got no exp cause you were too lazy to do it yourself

WaaaaWaaaaaaWaaaa. Grinding at low levels is nothing. I've heard freaking lvl 20s complain they had to grind, what kill 40 more mobs and you lvl. Great, wait till you are 87 and have to kill 40,000.

You can solo any normal mob quest as any class. But everyone complains they can't do it, Wrong. Quest takes longer sure, yes you may have to use your brains when beating certain things, but it takes away from your grind later, Stop being in such a rush, stop getting everyone to do everything for you and believe it or not you will level faster.

Bloody this isnt directed at you in paticular, people in general, i know some levels there are only a few quests
    b:bye
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ...Have you never played an MMO before? Because this game is EASY compared to those! Try playing maplestory, it makes you REALLY grateful for any quests you get on here. There, it's barely any quests, and they're all extremely difficult.
    edited January 2009
    rofl ... maplestory... rolf

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    _Bloody_Fox_, I totally agree with you on wanting more quests. However, if you're already bored to tears with grinding at level 42, I must say that this may not be the game for you. Trust me, it only gets worse, and life is too short to be playing a game you're ultimately bored with. Move on.

Sometimes, I can get bored while grinding, it's true. When that happens, I stop playing, I go do something else. Eventually, I get the urge to play more, and so I do. For me, the grind can be fun. That whole sense of accomplishment getting the next percent and then the next level, and so on. It's not much, and for many people, it's not enough.

It would be nice if they added some more quests. Heck, they could always space out the quest requirements for every 10% of a level instead of each level turnover. Or, perhaps make enough quests to level from the quest XP alone, but make half those quests very difficult to the point where it is an even trade between grinding OR questing. Something like that.

As awesome as all that would be, it is highly unlikely we'll see anything like that in this game. Therefore, either deal with it, or move on, as I said before.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    rofl ... maplestory... r(oll)o(on)l(laughing)f(floor)

Dammit. Floors don't laugh... b:chuckle
    I should lay off those round looking things you could chuck in your mouth, it melts.. and you start seeing patterns...
    edited January 2009
    shroom all you want, just dont kill yourself 8D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Perfect World is actually pretty generous with quests. Compared to some other MMOs I've played, this is a godsend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    it doesnt suck at all. other games are MUCH MUCH worse
    Perfect World is actually pretty generous with quests. Compared to some other MMOs I've played, this is a godsend.
    Deja Vu!

Aside from being entirely subjective, this is also entirely irrelevant. A cheeseburger may be good compared to ****; doesn't mean it's all that great.

And I have to say, there is an awful lot of **** out there.
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'd love to see more XP-yielding content for Level 50+ (because that's when quests usually stop giving you most of the XP required to level). I doubt they will make more quests, though (making quests is very time consuming, development-wisely).
    What they could do is adding a few more repeatable TT-like dungeons, but with good XP rewards for killing the endbosses etc. TT is good for loot, but the XP rewards in there are laughable, unfortunately. And FBs are good for gaining XP, but technically they aren't repeatable since you need tabs to gain XP (and people literally compete for being allowed to help others with FBs, so that's not really great either).

Most MMOs suffer from a lack of high-level content, PW is no exception. But as others have said, there are more worse games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear - I think I will forever be the biggest fan of your signature image :P.

As I keep telling people though, quests really do tend to die out between the levels of 41-43, and then they do pick back up again. Tons of people post this when they reach between those levels, the quests WILL come back after you grind through these.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Below mid to high 50's if you ran out of quests you
    A) missed a bunch
    B) Did all your quests with large parties and didnt get any mob killing exp cause you were too lazy to do it yourself or one other person
    c) Asked a bunch of people much higher then you to do it for you and got no exp cause you were too lazy to do it yourself

WaaaaWaaaaaaWaaaa. Grinding at low levels is nothing. I've heard freaking lvl 20s complain they had to grind, what kill 40 more mobs and you lvl. Great, wait till you are 87 and have to kill 40,000.

You can solo any normal mob quest as any class. But everyone complains they can't do it, Wrong. Quest takes longer sure, yes you may have to use your brains when beating certain things, but it takes away from your grind later, Stop being in such a rush, stop getting everyone to do everything for you and believe it or not you will level faster.

Bloody this isnt directed at you in paticular, people in general, i know some levels there are only a few quests
    It's in the 40's that you start running out of quests. At 50 there's a whole bunch you can get, so you can then level 50-53 on just quests with a few crazy stone, then back to grinding.
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I guess I like to grind and fight to much, out of all 3 characters I have I only ran out of quest once and that was for 1.3% for lvl @ 43.. Heck my 35 Veno is still doing lvl 28 quest.. LOL.. I will be running out on my 60 Wizard soon but expected that..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Nubble - Heavens Tear
    Nubble - Heavens Tear Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    are u sure ur not been grinding ? its funny that i have 74% to go and only quest what i have is in fb51 :)
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Please, more lv60+ quests.
    OR make them worth some c***, because 40k xp when you need 4m to level up is just dumb.

And i just got 2 quests for 11k and 23k xp at lv80 <-- WTF?
  • Encliandra - Lost City
    Encliandra - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What they could do is adding a few more repeatable TT-like dungeons, but with good XP rewards for killing the endbosses etc. TT is good for loot, but the XP rewards in there are laughable, unfortunately. And FBs are good for gaining XP, but technically they aren't repeatable since you need tabs to gain XP (and people literally compete for being allowed to help others with FBs, so that's not really great either).

Sounds like you'll absolutely love the rebirth order daily quest, try it with a squad of 6, rewards are hundreds of thousands of exp and mystical tome fragments (if you get far enough) b:pleased
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How you guys do those weird pictures at the bottom (under the line) oO b:question
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree more quests are needed at higher levels and I'm not sure why they always seem to slow down in these MMO games. If so many quests can be made for lower levels, why don't they just keep making more for the higher levels? Give some purpose to the killing you are doing. I get extremely bored when I have to grind and I hate it to the point where I usually end up quitting. I've found that I haven't had to do that much grinding up until a couple of levels ago but it is really getting to that point now though. One thing that really pissed me off last night was I finally leveled to 64 and I got two quests. One is a grind quest pretty much, get 60 drops from mobs. The other quest I got was to fly over to the Dreaming Stronghold get something from the elder and fly back to Dreaming Cloud. What was the quest reward........7500 exp! It didn't even give me 1% of my level. I mean come on, a quest at these levels that doesn't even give you 1%? That's ridiculous. The one thing that this game has that many don't are the daily quests we can do like Crazy Stone and the World Quests when you get to level 70. I can almost guarantee you that if it wasn't for being able to make a few %exp a day from Crazy Stone, I would've quit a while ago due to boredom. Also why don't the mobs at higher levels give us more exp? At lower levels we get what seems to be alot of exp at the time and we get quests to kill 20 things and it helps with our leveling. Starting in the 30s or 40s I think it was, you start getting quests to kill like 45 things at a time and now I'm getting a quest to get 60 drops from mobs which means I'll probably have to kill like 80 of them to get the drops and I'm not getting that much experience for killing each mob compared to what I need for my level (and yes even talking about soloing quests). I know nothing will likely come from this thread but just had to add my two cents. Anyways just venting a bit because I was having alot of fun playing the game but it's getting to the grinding point and I'm trying to hang in there but it can be tough. My eye is starting to quiver and look at other games but again I'm trying to hang in here. I have lower level alts to play but really you're just doing the same over and over again that you did on your main character. Anyways I'll stop my venting now lol.

MORE QUESTS PLEASE!!
    edited January 2009
    I agree more quests are needed at higher levels and I'm not sure why they always seem to slow down in these MMO games.

It's a basic design flaw in most MMOs. They want leveling to be much slower in higher levels (which is not a bad thing per se), so you need a lot more XP to level up. Which means you'd have to design a lot more quests for higher levels than lower levels if you want to keep it grind free.
    Obviously no MMO does that. Quest design is probably the most time consuming area during MMO development and no dev wants to add in 100 quests to get players from Level 89 to Level 90...

What amazes me is that they didn't add in many alternative ways to gather XP either (repeatable dungeons, raids you do NOT have to have tabs for to get XP etc...). It's a well known fact that most players consider excessive grind boring, I am ashtonished that most MMO devs still make that same mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daibar - Heavens Tear
    Daibar - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Part of the problem is the party the people choose to do their fb39. You should be getting loads of experience in that if you actually chose to do it with 6 level 39 players.

Plus I rarely see people revisit it later.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    they wouldnt necessarily need to add 100 quests for those 10 lvls if they just weighted the exp points according to the lvls. like give a few hundred thousand exp points for completing any given quest.

and tbh lvln at later lvls is supposed to be slow, hard, and tedious. if it was any other way then everyone would be at the maximum lvl in no time at all. and then theyd have to think of some other way to entertain us.

also there are always dqs you can do.
    edited January 2009
    they wouldnt necessarily need to add 100 quests for those 10 lvls if they just weighted the exp points according to the lvls. like give a few hundred thousand exp points for completing any given quest.

Which would of course defeat the idea of making levelling in higher levels slower. ;)
    and tbh lvln at later lvls is supposed to be slow, hard, and tedious.

It is supposed to be slow and hard, but it's not supposed to be tedious. Most of us are playing games to have fun.

DQs are alright for XP (I do them, too), but if you do them regularly you'll run out of items fairly quick, meaning you will be back to grinding mobs again to get more items.

I would be fairly happy if they'd just take out the requirement to have a tab to get XP from FBs bosses. There are only so many people with tabs and dozens of high level players are literally competing to "help" them. TT doesn't give XP worth mentioning either. Repeatable dungeons are much easier to design than quests and they would be a good way to give high levels something to do besides grinding mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purplelily - Sanctuary
    Purplelily - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How you guys do those weird pictures at the bottom (under the line) oO b:question
    go to this link and it will tell u http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
    WE all have Dreams, Of Love and Peace
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree more quests are needed at higher levels ...

Personally, I still have problems with leveling before I can finish all my level's quests and I have never even tried a rebirth order quest.

We have dragon quests, rebirth orders, snake island races, event quests, and quests that drop from monsters and some quests that we can only do once but that do not show up on "find quests". Higher levels get other events (for example they seem to have some kind of underwater event starting with level 60).

Also, I need to kill Eyes of the Krimson Beyond. Does anyone want to help me there?

b:chuckle
  • Sulphor - Sanctuary
    Sulphor - Sanctuary Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ugh, yeah, I'm gunna go w/ the group thas sayin' ''be glad you have the quests you do''.
    I came from a game that must have had 20 or 30 quests throughout the entire game. Grindin' and gettin' less than 0.01% per kill w/ no quests at all, and w/ there bein' no quests the past 30 lvls before you can be a real *****.
    A lot of other games don't bother puttin' in a lot of quests at all; PW has an almost overwhelmin' amount of quests at low lvls.

I agree that high lvls should be hard and long, though. But the fact that you have access to tabbed FBs and crazy stone still helps. I mean..who says you ever *need* to grind to lvl? If you don't wanna, jus' stop and do your repeatable quests for however many weeks/months....
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yall just stink at leveling, this game is so easy to level up inb:laugh
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Quests are fine the way it is, in all MMOs lvling is supposed to be harder at higher lvls.
    PW is not an exception to that rule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute