Male archer vs Female archer

Comments

• Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    archers don't look **** but when they do their lighting attacks they look very very hardcore **** shame =(
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Onewingarrow - Lost City
    Onewingarrow - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If your a dude I have no idea why your playing a girl lol.
    You Cannot Kill, What You Did Not Create.
  • Okalini - Lost City
    Okalini - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Perhaps it's because of the whole veno/barb thing that everyone gets so worked up about the sexes thing. It doesn't help keep the guys at bay when you're designed to be sexually attractive. Literally; that is what the class seems to be about - Ask the veno trainers!

I got a lot of attention from the lonely people, was a tad disturbed, so decided a fem archer might be a better choice.

So far, this is completely unrelated, but yeah, the problem of looking "unstraight" as a male archer, i guess is of similar stature to getting a guy to dance, or sit in a coffee shop >_< (RL) - GET OVER IT!?! b:shocked
    - Life can only be as significant as we make it -
  • syras
    syras Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I am a male and I usually create female characters for most RPGs, mostly so that I can avoid most of the "Love Stories" (like the one in Mass Effect) since I am completely a klutz when it comes to romantic relationships (being almost a stereotypical farmboy type of person).
    Another reason for my gender choice was from my fantsy universe, a highly developed story that I created myself. Within this tale, I only have one main character who is an archer, who simply happens to be a girl (she was a girl long before she was an archer). Because I wanted to play an archer, I decided to make this character, to remain in congruence with my own story.
    The choice of gender reflects nothing upon my own orientation, which is, after all, straight. I don't especially like looking up the skirt, even though I consider my character attractive, because it offends my historian sensibilities (modern panties in a medieval world?).
    For me, a RPG is just that, a Role-playing-game (or a rocket-propelled grenade). Most of the fun comes in doing things that you aren't able to do in reality. Why do you care what the gender of your character is?
    Now there is no arguing the costumes always look good on the females. I wish rather that the costumes were more realistic and protective, instead of leaving vital areas open to attack, especially the Abdomen.
    The hardest challenge in character generation was, for me, making an extremely western/caucasian player. Since I succeeded, I now look like a tourist in Korea!
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    syras wrote: »
    I am a male and I usually create female characters for most RPGs, mostly so that I can avoid most of the "Love Stories" (like the one in Mass Effect) since I am completely a klutz when it comes to romantic relationships (being almost a stereotypical farmboy type of person).
    Another reason for my gender choice was from my fantsy universe, a highly developed story that I created myself. Within this tale, I only have one main character who is an archer, who simply happens to be a girl (she was a girl long before she was an archer). Because I wanted to play an archer, I decided to make this character, to remain in congruence with my own story.
    The choice of gender reflects nothing upon my own orientation, which is, after all, straight. I don't especially like looking up the skirt, even though I consider my character attractive, because it offends my historian sensibilities (modern panties in a medieval world?).
    For me, a RPG is just that, a Role-playing-game (or a rocket-propelled grenade). Most of the fun comes in doing things that you aren't able to do in reality. Why do you care what the gender of your character is?
    Now there is no arguing the costumes always look good on the females. I wish rather that the costumes were more realistic and protective, instead of leaving vital areas open to attack, especially the Abdomen.
    The hardest challenge in character generation was, for me, making an extremely western/caucasian player. Since I succeeded, I now look like a tourist in Korea!

i think i speak for many when i say..

WTF?
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I laugh at you people for making such a HUGE deal over male vs female character ****.

Get a life.

...posted in a MMORPG game forum... unbeliveable... ^^

Lightning is so ****.. but i kinda like my queerish alter ego.. better than all those beastfaced Rambo and Schwarzzenneger - like tanks, or the cliche BM with two axes..uuuUUuuUUuuUUUuuu...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I can't believe people are still thinking male characters look **** because of mystics guide...it's the presets that look homo, seriously just spend some time to customize your character and not put that emo hairstyle. Seriously.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • shangda
    shangda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    This entire thread is pretty much wasted space. Those that have issues with virtual gender....probably have Gender Identity issues to begin with. If you are secure in your original gender Male OR Female, then play what you want to play it has no reflection on YOU.

hitting on virtual toons is .. just funny over all. Get out of the house... meet a real human being.

Oh and what is even funnier... guys hitting on venos... they are part animal people! Sooo ummm if you like borkin your beagle.. hey.. more power to ya.

Those that make a big issue about it.... they are the ones with the problem.

On a side note: The views expressed here tell me that we've made 0 progress in tolerance of other people choices. Very sad.
    Shang Da

"I kissed a girl and I liked it..." Katy Perry
    "Keep your drink just give me the money..
    its just you and your hand tonight..." Pink
  • sinistervii
    sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm just saying this once. ARCHERS! Be happy you have lightning strike instead of going "I don't wanna use lightning attacks! I'm going to look SOOO ****! D:" And then you end up being killed because you don't want to use a powerful skill.

To other classes thinking this pirouette looks ****: TOO BAD FOR YOU you got pwned by an archer doing a pirouette! :D That must be pretty shameful...

Again I say: STOP THINKING ABOUT HOW IT LOOKS! Think about the thrust in the attack! The damage! Put the skill to some real use! You can't go around saying "I don't wanna look ****!" when in a near death situation. Besides if you don't wanna look elegant not to mention sacred and pure (These things are often considered to be **** features on a man, but that's just the mind of each individual jumping to conclusions) like elves are generally: Then go to another game since perfect world is probably not the game for you unless you want to play another class. . .
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Maybe guys create female archers so they can look up their skirts while they fly. maybe, just maybe, its more appealing than looking at a man's back all the time. besides, just b/c its an rpg doesn't mean you have to be pretending to be that character. It's really not any more pathetic than having posters/pictures of models.

However, its not **** to play male archers either. it's not like the players can control the archers' cast animations. If they have to spin around and lift up a leg, that's not any of the players' fault.

Above all, its a game, do whatever makes you happy. If you're really uncomfortable with a male archer, don't force yourself and just choose a female archer (and vice versa).
  • epsill
    epsill Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If youre so worried about what others think of how you look when you do one move and so youre gonna change youre sex for that i really dont think that mmorpgs are your kinda game. if youre that worried about youre sexuality then might i suggest CoD4 or something "manly" like that
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Archers look **** when they do 4 out of 25 skills so.......Im going to roll a female archer cos that is soooooo much less **** and much more manly.

..............................................................................................

b:sweat
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am amazed to find this thread still alive. It is a great testament to the insecurities present in the archer community. Amazed is one word, amused is another, irritated is a third. I would expect more attention being paid to the strategies of playing an archer, rather than a "Is it okay if i lean a little to the side when i stand? or will people think me less of a man?" discussion. But the page count says it all, this is what archers rather think on and discuss. Apparently we as archers need our hands held to make aesthetic decisions on how to make our characters more macho.

Perhaps don't use the lightning skills if you have not reached the appropriate prerequisite maturity level.

-Claps-
    End rant.
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol lil ballerina spin for the lightning stuff
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're all ****.
  • Mhikan - Heavens Tear
    Mhikan - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lol, this will be my first time and last on replying on this never dying funny thread b:laugh

for me.....

there's actually no point on continuing this thread >.> if ur dmg suck hell, then that's the time ill call u **** even if ur a man playing a male char...

make way for a tank archer b:shutupb:thanksb:victory
  • crestakh
    crestakh Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I changed alot of the body proportions around to make my archer look more Norse or Celtic.

He does not look like one of those thin effiminate wimps.
  • Mythix - Lost City
    Mythix - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Im an archer *does a **** ballerina spin* weee
    A proud leader
    A proud soloist
    A proud cleric
  • nubcakelar
    nubcakelar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If you have a problem with your archer and your spending time to make look not ****, then you
  • nubcakelar
    edited February 2009
    nubcakelar wrote: »
    If you have a problem with your archer and your spending time to make look not ****, then you

thread got cut:

• nubcakelar
    edited February 2009
    again, typing it out then.

My archer has blue hair, red eye brows, orange skin, yellow lip and fat, big eyes and purple, huge nose width, big head, big leg, big belly, small arm, small upper body.

Now you tell me who is ****.

nubcakelar wrote: »
    thread got cut:

• Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    funniest tread in the forum.
  • Annor - Heavens Tear
    Annor - Heavens Tear Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Maybe we should start being offensive so it gets closed? ^_^
    Meek with words, abrupt with arrows.
  • Amaoni - Sanctuary
    Amaoni - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait a sec.
    It's not about how others look at you, it is all about how you see yourself.
    Make your char however you want it to look and ignore what others say about it.

That should have been edited out of the guide.
  • Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mehh i got a male archer and i dont give a **** if people rekon he looks **** with his spells lol,

a character is a character to me.
    b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • kinido
    kinido Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i purposely made my male archer look **** -.-' ..
    Aha, im sorry but, elves have to be hawt.
    >.>
  • Buntu - Lost City
    Buntu - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Actually, in reply to the guy that says "no facial hair", you should add facial hair... it makes ur guy look more manly and less like a metrosexual pansy.
    My guy has facial hair mainly because i didn't know that u could modify your characters... but thats not the point. b:victory
  • Vivetus - Sanctuary
    Vivetus - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    lol to all the clerics here calling archers ****, look at your self once, you do a little hop everytime you heal b:laugh

back on topic, NO ONE cares whether archers look **** or not, other classes just pick on us cause we can pwn them

and to the lightning strike your not forced to use it, you have a choice on whether or not you want to kill your mob a bit faster or not
  • Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear
    Onlyjayy - Heavens Tear Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    LOL
    saw a male cleric with those butterfly wings
    So so so sad
    may god have mercy on themb:surrender
  • Tiburon - Harshlands
    Tiburon - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Define **** in this case. Looks ****? If by **** you mean the archer looks... ...not that much like bearded fat biker with a mohawk and eyepatch then yea. Elves have a more feminine trait about them. But that's the race.

A character is **** in my opinion if he wears lipstic and obvious eye makeup, runs around in underwear and flirts with guy chars...

As you can see from my sig. my cleric isn't really "butch". But by no mean does my character acts **** in the game. In japanese animation almost all guys look **** from what i gather after seeing this forum.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf me now while you still can!b:infuriated