Top ten things a cleric doesn't want to hear a party say

Options

Comments

• Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    scridon wrote: »
    I have been in many many arguments with many people about this damn charm thing. Clerics go through there charm no matter what they are doing, be it healing in FB, TT, or the like, and also a lot during solo grinding. I haven't ever played a barb but I am sure that the only time a barb ever goes through nearly as much HP charm as a cleric does MP is during solo grinding. So your damn charm has to tick a few times during a dungeon of some sort, you have any clue how many times a cleric charm ticks during any given dungeon run?

Give me a ****ing break, quit your b***hin.

Oh and whats worse is when a damn Veno goes on this same trip. b:angry

LOL calm down and quit flaming, when did I start complaining? I just stated a fact. I agree that Clerics go through MP charms faster than a Barb goes through a HP charm, but guess what, your repair costs are nothing. Mine, in a good day of grinding (about 20-25%) ranges from 80-120k. so roughly 80% of grinding would be worth more than a gold charm. And that's not including charm ticks. I'm pretty damn sure that Clerics don't go through a gold charm in 80% of grinding. And I would seriously advise you not to talk if you aren't at least a 60+ barb.

EDIT: And I wasn't talking about charms...I was talking about the price of maintaining a cleric vs. a barb. I already said I agreed about the charms in my last post if you read it.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Just try to keep up with me ok?"

"Let's split up, it will go faster that way."

"Don't worry I will protect you."

"Oh my pizza is here, brb."

-20 minutes later-

"Oops sorry I started eating my pizza, I forgot.."

"I don't really like to fight, I picked this character because I love pandas."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    My favorites so far:
    RESS ME, RESS ME, RESS ME PLES, RES ME, RES RES RES RES RES.
    You can tank
    (Tank Saying) "I forgot to repair my armor" or "I'm DD build" and takes out a bow...
    (Archer Saying) "I ran out of arrows" then takes out a pair of dual hammer...
    (Venomancer Saying) "I only have flying pets" when u are in a dungeon...
    b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    No matter. There is a point to the tank saying run, if he cannot tank and the party gets wiped, who revives? The point is that the cleric must at least try to get away, so there can be someone to revive everyone during a party wipe.

and

When the barb asks, "Who's tanking?".

EDIT: In response to all the charm things, yep Clerics don't get their dues when it comes to them using their MP charm but I have heard many a barb and BM complain about their HP charms. Party me :D I won't complain about Charm ticks.

If I am smart and have a bit of coin, I buy scrolls so I can revive right there, or run back through if I don't. I have never once been able to run from a FB, TT or any other sort of boss during a party wipe, I have seen people having to run out of the FB to do it. So if I have to leave anyways, what is the point? I may as well try to revive the tank and get him back on the boss if possible. There are some tt bosses I can do this with but others it wouldn't make a difference...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
    edited January 2009
    Options
    If I am smart and have a bit of coin, I buy scrolls so I can revive right there, or run back through if I don't. I have never once been able to run from a FB, TT or any other sort of boss during a party wipe, I have seen people having to run out of the FB to do it. So if I have to leave anyways, what is the point? I may as well try to revive the tank and get him back on the boss if possible. There are some tt bosses I can do this with but others it wouldn't make a difference...

I'm not a cleric, so I can't dispute this. I'll just take your word on this :). But one thing you said is true, a cleric should have a res scroll on him/her in a high lvl FB/TT run/Boss run or whatever.
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq122/twistedcitru3/2009-01-2518-42-36.jpg

This happened when I was on my alt, and I immediately thought of this thread.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq122/twistedcitru3/2009-01-2518-42-36.jpg

This happened when I was on my alt, and I immediately thought of this thread.

if tha twas a cleric asking what ironheart was then LOL.
    Back.
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yea that was.
    This was the wrong thread. -sorry-
    Meant to post in in the top ten things you don't want to hear your cleric say.
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Actually goes by 1/4 so 2,5 extra regen.
    Might not sound great for YOU, but for classes with 0 or 1 mp regen, that is triple (or higher) what they normally regen, and they arent on combat mode ALL THE TIME, they kill the monsters, 10 seconds later, if they arent fighting, their regen goes insanely high again.

You bought a charm to USE it, not to wear as DECORATION.

Mind you, potions/charms are EXPENSIVE, and we are often "forced" to use/buy those by others or we arent allowed on a squad. So every "you got 10 coins" help on covering that cost. So loot your ******ned drops!

Funny thing, if mobs arent too close to each other, i can actually pull. :3

Ok please don't talk down to me like that. You can tell people what you want to say without talking down to them in a disrespectful fashion. The HP/MP regen buff is LOW on MY list of things to get. I am lvl 54, I do not have enough spirit for all my buffs, heals, passives and damage spells. I have to pick and choose what to get, and that weak hp/mp regen buff is going to wait until i have all the other more important ones.

I bought a charm to use and not wear as a decoration? How does this fit into anything anyones saying here? Everyone should have a charm, not just us clerics. Next time we run any dungeons how about the cleric not have a charm, see how well that goes over. But every other class can get by without an hp charm because they figure the cleric will just spam heals. Spamming heals requires charms. Potions end up being more expensive in the long run, by the amount they heal vs the charm.

So thank you for your wonderfully informative post. Like a grumpy old man talkin down to the young folk, but the old man happens to be senile and has no clue what the hell he's talking about. I guess higher lvls don't equal knowing how to actually play.

I did a rebirth order tonight with a group who had 0 hp charms. I went through 300k of my mp charm during that rebirth order. 300k of my gold charm. That number cut have been cut in half, if not more, if everyone else had an hp charm so i didnt have to spam soon the light constantly. It's not fair, and every other cleric agree's with that but you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm not a cleric, so I can't dispute this. I'll just take your word on this :). But one thing you said is true, a cleric should have a res scroll on him/her in a high lvl FB/TT run/Boss run or whatever.

So a cleric should spend 40k on a rez scroll, for convenience to the others, when the others dont have to. How about before running said high lvl fb/tt the party contributes money and buys the cleric a rez scroll. Since it will benefit everyone to do so, it shouldnt fall to the cleric to be the only one to have to have mp charms, rez scrolls...i seriously understand why some clerics go FAC more and more lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Ok please don't talk down to me like that. You can tell people what you want to say without talking down to them in a disrespectful fashion. The HP/MP regen buff is LOW on MY list of things to get. I am lvl 54, I do not have enough spirit for all my buffs, heals, passives and damage spells. I have to pick and choose what to get, and that weak hp/mp regen buff is going to wait until i have all the other more important ones.

I bought a charm to use and not wear as a decoration? How does this fit into anything anyones saying here? Everyone should have a charm, not just us clerics. Next time we run any dungeons how about the cleric not have a charm, see how well that goes over. But every other class can get by without an hp charm because they figure the cleric will just spam heals. Spamming heals requires charms. Potions end up being more expensive in the long run, by the amount they heal vs the charm.

So thank you for your wonderfully informative post. Like a grumpy old man talkin down to the young folk, but the old man happens to be senile and has no clue what the hell he's talking about. I guess higher lvls don't equal knowing how to actually play.

I did a rebirth order tonight with a group who had 0 hp charms. I went through 300k of my mp charm during that rebirth order. 300k of my gold charm. That number cut have been cut in half, if not more, if everyone else had an hp charm so i didnt have to spam soon the light constantly. It's not fair, and every other cleric agree's with that but you.

I agree anyone who is melee class should have a hp charm, its insane not to. I have even told clerics not to heal me and only focus on main tank. It helps save their charm and helps keep main tank alive.
    It's not right to assume the cleric is there to keep the entire party healed, during boss fights I would rather see them keep the main tank alive thus the entire party. And if the party is doing their jobs right during FB or TT the cleric should really never have to heal themselves much less need a res scroll. I would prefer clerics not cast hp/mp regen on me any decent bm or barb should have apoth stuff that will be far superior to the spells.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I agree anyone who is melee class should have a hp charm, its insane not to. I have even told clerics not to heal me and only focus on main tank. It helps save their charm and helps keep main tank alive.
    It's not right to assume the cleric is there to keep the entire party healed, during boss fights I would rather see them keep the main tank alive thus the entire party. And if the party is doing their jobs right during FB or TT the cleric should really never have to heal themselves much less need a res scroll.

Wish there were more players like you. Most players start screaming "HEAL" the moment a mob looks at them. What's worst is when damage starts to spread around like that, clerics have to use aoe heals, and against many mobs that insta aggro. And that means our heals will be interrupted as we're getting hit, while people keep yelling "heal heal" not realising we cant heal with 10 mobs hitting us. Theres a thing called spell interruption....something i had to explain to my rebirth order group tonight b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    (tank) "F*** My weapon just broke"
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Serjah has left the party
    You have been killed by Serjah

IMO thats top 1
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    LOL calm down and quit flaming, when did I start complaining? I just stated a fact. I agree that Clerics go through MP charms faster than a Barb goes through a HP charm, but guess what, your repair costs are nothing. Mine, in a good day of grinding (about 20-25%) ranges from 80-120k. so roughly 80% of grinding would be worth more than a gold charm. And that's not including charm ticks. I'm pretty damn sure that Clerics don't go through a gold charm in 80% of grinding. And I would seriously advise you not to talk if you aren't at least a 60+ barb.

QUOTE]

are u nuts lol. You say " your repair bills are nothing " While grinding. WoW i wish someone would of told me i could grind without getting dmg lol
  • Dark_Arbnger - Lost City
    Dark_Arbnger - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i love this post XD

you get a PM from a random person to come rez, being nice you fly half way across the map for them, you get to them and they tell you "oh another cleric just passed me by like 3 mins ago" b:angry

im FAC with a support twist an damn good with it ^_^
  • Ocylith - Lost City
    Ocylith - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    (Tank) "Huh? Oh this isn't my account. I'm just messing around until my friend gets back."
  • AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLust - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i so heard all of that at least once lol and i completly agree with Faustinna altho i had good luck and didn't have to many ppl say stuff like that but when they do i reply almost exactly like you do
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    xD this post got alot of views on it, btw clerics do have a hard time they the most important thing in the team so you shouldn't really get out all of your maddness on them :P just blame your self b:laugh. btw how did the rebirth order go did you finish all 10 quests if you did tell me how you killed the boss plz (and make it through it)
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
    edited January 2009
    Options
    are u nuts lol. You say " your repair bills are nothing " While grinding. WoW i wish someone would of told me i could grind without getting dmg lol

Support Clerics are not usually alone, they have someone with them. If its an FAC they will usually kill the mob before it gets to them.

EDIT: BTW even if you get hit when soloing or whatever, you get it like what once per mob? I'm guessing you wear out the duration in your armor getting a level whereas we wear out our duration in 20%.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    So a cleric should spend 40k on a rez scroll, for convenience to the others, when the others dont have to. How about before running said high lvl fb/tt the party contributes money and buys the cleric a rez scroll. Since it will benefit everyone to do so, it shouldnt fall to the cleric to be the only one to have to have mp charms, rez scrolls...i seriously understand why some clerics go FAC more and more lately.

The cleric should not need to use a rez scroll in the first place (as long as the party is decent). But it is just safer to use one. Just as with a barbarian, u dont NEED a HP charm, but its highly recommended and safer to use one during FB/TT/whatever runs. And just as with a cleric, that barb should not need to *use* (not talking about 1 or 2 ticks here, I mean actually USING) their HP charm when fighting a boss/mobs. BTW by the time you are doing hi lvl FBs/TTs, 40k is chump change, seriously.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    It's not right to assume the cleric is there to keep the entire party healed, during boss fights I would rather see them keep the main tank alive thus the entire party. And if the party is doing their jobs right during FB or TT the cleric should really never have to heal themselves much less need a res scroll. I would prefer clerics not cast hp/mp regen on me any decent bm or barb should have apoth stuff that will be far superior to the spells.

Actually apoth stuff is pretty useless in FBs/TTs. +50 regen/+100 regen? so what? The boss hits you 3-4k twice and your done (talking about lvls 60-80 here), no matter if you have high regen or whatever. I agree with you that ALL tanks should have an HP charm at all times (meaning during FBs/TTs/whatever). And AOE bosses, clerics will have to heal everyone on these bosses (unless the other people are standing back), but if you meant other types of bosses, then I agree with you.

EDIT: err sorry for the spam, will try to put it in 1 post next time.
  • Anomiee - Heavens Tear
    Anomiee - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    LOL. All these quotes are giving me bad flashbacks to WoW. Must I hear the same lines again in PWI? T_T
    ♠ Anomiee .:. Archer 3x .:. Heavens Tear
    ♠ Dollet .:. Cleric 2x .:. Sanctuary
    ♠ Oerba .:. Werefox 4x .:. Sanctuary
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary
    BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    How true my friend,

sometimes i really hating being elf class coz those....

Well Hellcat had a fun idea, but what about what we clerics don't want to hear?

1. "RUN!"

2. "Heal me, I am going to try something..."

9. "I dont use hp charms thats why we have you." Then if you respond with "Well i dont have an mp charm so guess what, we're going to have to meditate." They'll go crazy at you saying "You're a cleric you CANT run out of MP you NEED mp charms." That goes both ways. You need hp charms so we don't have to go through our entire mp charm making sure YOU don't have to spend ANY money. You don't have charms, we won't drain ours. It's not all on us to buy charms and burn through them while you have nothing to pay for. - Faustinna

Anyone else? =)
  • BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary
    BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

thats so true personaly i love healing ppl and aid them,

but after 71 lvl i learn i did wrong even choosing on class!
    well i dont wana spend lots of time to another class, so past few lvl i start to chaneg for FAC,

about tank say run hell ! when u cant tank even with lvl 10 iron heart why ask ppl to come! waste charm time exp for what!

may barb/BM hae big EGO,

and they dont even undrestand how much we have to spend. for POTS/CHARM/SCROLL!!!

ppl ask too much without even think about it
  • Zilariah - Heavens Tear
    Zilariah - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    (Tank) Cleric, you better stack heal me because I'm not wasting my charms! -It wasn't even my fb for crying out loud.

(Lvl 87 Wizard with charms) You better stack heal or I will leave!!!

That's when I drew the line and said sorry I'm not your personal slave, besides I'm to busy reviving the Tab holder again and again. o.O Needless to say she left and we finished it without her. HAAAA...

(various party members) OMG WHY DID YOU RUN??? WE ALL DIED BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T STAY AND HEAL US.
    Uhm ye, If you can't all run the FB/TT's with a strategy and stay alive im sure as heck not going to sacrifice myself and die along with all of you. Someone has to revive all of you dead people huh!

It's hard to keep the willingness to help others when you are being treated like a worthless piece of junk. Just because we have the ability to heal others doesn't mean we have to. That's why in my faction we have rules, some are...

*Do not expect or demand the clerics to be your personal gaurdian angel. It's your choice whether you enter an FB/TT with charms. No charms? then buy potions.
    *Do not expect the cleric to do nothing but stay in the back and heal you, clerics can fight too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Options

*Do not expect the cleric to do nothing but stay in the back and heal you, clerics can fight too.

... epic fail, the only reason clerics are invited to parties is to heal.... FFS

i really want a cleric to DD when im fighting ape in 2-2, or forshua in 2-2 yeap... that would be GREAT!

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ... epic fail, the only reason clerics are invited to parties is to heal.... FFS

i really want a cleric to DD when im fighting ape in 2-2, or forshua in 2-2 yeap... that would be GREAT!

oh i had a cleric do DD on forshura in 2-1 the other night, IT WAS GREAT WOOT FOR WIPE, and then guess what...THEY LEFT PARTY!
    edited January 2009
    Options
    oh i had a cleric do DD on forshura in 2-1 the other night, IT WAS GREAT WOOT FOR WIPE, and then guess what...THEY LEFT PARTY!

i know huh? clerics who go rogue and DD are so great!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]