Top ten things a cleric doesn't want to hear a party say

13»

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whats wrong with having one cleric be a DD, ofc counting you have 1-2 more in party b:sad
    b:dirty
  • Encliandra - Lost City
    Encliandra - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whats wrong with having one cleric be a DD, ofc counting you have 1-2 more in party b:sad

If a cleric is idle because they aren't needed for healing, the MP used in DDing would be better spent on Heaven's Wrath.
  • Zilariah - Heavens Tear
    Zilariah - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ... epic fail, the only reason clerics are invited to parties is to heal.... FFS

I became a cleric to heal myself. My friends and faction want me around just to be around. They know how I am.

I help others when they need or want a cleric but I do not take abuse. Clerics just like all other classes have pro's and con's. I can heal myself tho my defense is not as good. A tank can take a lot more damage then a cleric but cannot heal himself. All classes were made to work together but most have forgotten how to appreciate and instead demand and take for granted.

So go ahead and laugh at clerics, but be careful, when you need one the most they may just stand there and watch you die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I'm not a cleric, so I can't dispute this. I'll just take your word on this :). But one thing you said is true, a cleric should have a res scroll on him/her in a high lvl FB/TT run/Boss run or whatever.
    I believe EVERYONE should have a res scroll on him/her in a high lvl FB/TT run/Boss run >___>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sorenshi - Heavens Tear
    Sorenshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    - 'Buff plz', just, no comment >>' I think I need to get used to this; a cleric's buffs are quite useful.
    - 'Ress plz', I flew from misfortune to dreamweaver port just to revive a person. When I was on 8/9 of the trip; he pm's back: 'I'm already ressed; you were too slow'. I think people don't know that CLERIC is the slowest class. So ya; SORRY IF I'M SLOW! >.<
    - 'Ur mp is running low', you really think that I can't see the spamming blue message with 'Mp running low!'? >>'
    - Just a funny quote:
    Noob: How do you fly?
    Guy: With your wings; or just run around with your arms spread and flapping.
    [sigpic]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/rmdesignsdotorg/sorenshi.png[/sigpic]
    Credit to Forsakenx for the awesome banner <3
  • ReYVynN - Heavens Tear
    ReYVynN - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In all fairness, I am a level 65 barb and I periodically find myself asking "Who's tanking?" This is due to the fact that my party often includes 2 venos, one of which has a herc (who consistently out-tanks me, it was only 2 days ago where i could even start to pull aggro from it on a regular basis)

As far as the debate on charms and such, I always watch my partys life bars and if the cleric in pparty is solely focused on me, 90% of the time im telling them to heal the rest of the party so they don't die. I always have at least a bronze hp charm, so i can usually stay alive long nough for them to do so.

I look at it this way... as much as its the clerics job to keep the rest of the party alive, its the tank's job to keep the cleric alive. Many times i have been rezzed in a boss fight that we just learned i cant tank yet, let my charm tick to fill my life back up, and drew aggro again just to give the rest of the party a chance to escape to safety. I'm a tank. I die. The rest of my party is safe... I did my job. That simple.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I look at it this way... as much as its the clerics job to keep the rest of the party alive, its the tank's job to keep the cleric alive. Many times i have been rezzed in a boss fight that we just learned i cant tank yet, let my charm tick to fill my life back up, and drew aggro again just to give the rest of the party a chance to escape to safety. I'm a tank. I die. The rest of my party is safe... I did my job. That simple.

When I still played Everquest this was exactly what a tanks job was. Their job, Tank the mobs. If things go south, Try to stay alive long enough for their party to escape or lure the mob away so everyone can escape.

A Tank that refused to tank like this, very quickly found themselves tanking things solo. My Ogre Tank Bugnutz died many many many many times to ensure my party had the chance to escape.

A Warrior doesn't run, he stands and dies so his friends have the chance to survive.

~S
  • scionofchaos
    scionofchaos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    "whats this way?" inside TT squad mode
    "I'll stay here with you where its safe" strongest DD in FB39
    "BEHIND YOU!"
    Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
    Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
    Do not walk beside me, This twisted road I must walk alone
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think people don't know that CLERIC is the slowest class.

Your slow running speed does not matter when you fly.

Our flying speed seems to be 5.0m/s plus our wing bonus.
  • roukaunchained
    roukaunchained Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The three worst things I hear are:

From DDER: I just critb:shocked

From DDER: CRAPb:shocked

From the second healer: I am so high right nowb:pleased

Seriously, a high healer makes for one hell of an annoying time.......
  • Dark_neko - Lost City
    Dark_neko - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    any class ( in an fb dead) "can u res me please"
    cleric ( 10-15 mins fly away grinding on scroll ) " ! "

" CLERIC heal " apparantly we don't have names

One of 3 barbs atacking boss " what is wrong with u cleric heal "

" can u heal me aswell, i don't like using my charms "

" I can do more dmg than the tank, watch ! "

"don't worrie about the adds we have a cleric"

" cleric's can't tank lol "

Squad on free mode: cleric " what about the drops ? " , everyone else " you just have to grab them like everyone else "

I agree, the 3 barbs for 1 boss isn't needed if you have a good enough barb, and if you don't, then wait until you get one.

I absolutely HATE being in a squad when free mode is on. We are too damn slow to get many (if any at all) of the drops. If I am doing an FB and the squad mode is free, I leave.

I also hate being in a squad and the archer constantly steals aggro from the tank and then complains at you for not healing after they die.

As clerics, we are wanted and needed, but are treated like **** >_<
    IGN: Dark_Neko
    Server: Lost City
    Faction: NekoGami - Leader

PM me for invite ;)
  • Nomaad - Heavens Tear
    Nomaad - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Damn straight...all part of the job...b:victory

PS...sorry for the messed up quote...imma quote noob...b:cry Quote credit to ReYVynN
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    whenver i get a party wipe, im the only one who survives, especially at stupid ****ing mistakes on 2-2 last boss....
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    use absorbing potions :D saves charms and if your about to die you'll live b:sin or a potion that has a good rec rate like a high one over 30 secs
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Dar_Malkier - Lost City
    Dar_Malkier - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I loved reading this thread....so many of these things I have heard before....made me chuckle.

On a serious note though, not all of us are like the morons described in the posts. For example, when I'm in a party I let the barb tank (that's thier job), I go in and add my damage while keeping an eye on the cleric's health bar. If I see the cleric's health drop even 1 tick, I know that he or she is getting attacked and I peel off to dispatch the mob that's attacking the cleric. (that's my job....same as adding my bit of damage to the boss). I also have told many a cleric to let my charm tick and just concentrate on the tank.

As for the drops, I try to make sure that any cleric in my party gets fairly compensated. If I get any arcane drops, I give them to the cleric....either they can use them or they can sell them for the coin. If I don't get any arcane drops, I will usually try to evenly split what I get with the cleric.

It really is a shame that so many other classes don't realize what a cleric goes through just to keep the party's sorry butts alive and kicking. To quote a friend of mine who is a cleric, "Clerics aren't partied, they're used"......true enough words and all should feel bad about it.