Top ten things a cleric doesn't want to hear a party say

Options
Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
edited February 2009 in General Discussion
Well Hellcat had a fun idea, but what about what we clerics don't want to hear?

1. "RUN!"

2. "Heal me, I am going to try something..."

3. When the barb asks, "Who's tanking?" - Jeagerjaques

4. (Tank saying) "Ohhh lagggggg"

5. "Woah! How did that happen?"

6. "Just try to keep up with me ok?" - Aerole

7. "don't worry about the adds we have a cleric" - Shiningon

8. (Tank Saying) "I forgot to repair my armor" or "I'm DD build" and takes out a bow... - Terrorice

9. "I dont use hp charms thats why we have you." Then if you respond with "Well i dont have an mp charm so guess what, we're going to have to meditate." They'll go crazy at you saying "You're a cleric you CANT run out of MP you NEED mp charms." That goes both ways. You need hp charms so we don't have to go through our entire mp charm making sure YOU don't have to spend ANY money. You don't have charms, we won't drain ours. It's not all on us to buy charms and burn through them while you have nothing to pay for. - Faustinna

10. "I don't really like to fight, I picked this character because I love pandas." - Aerole

Anyone else? =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
Post edited by Forsakenx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Melethiel - Lost City
    Melethiel - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    RESS ME, RESS ME, RESS ME PLES, RES ME, RES RES RES RES RES.

*leaves with no thanks*

"You didn't heal me fast enough."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Aosi - Heavens Tear
    Aosi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Woops... pulled to many here
  • tourtisekid13
    tourtisekid13 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You can tank
  • Sir_walter - Heavens Tear
    Sir_walter - Heavens Tear Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    For #1 you should be glad we try to warn you. For me I hate to see anyone in party die, in FB or just a boss.
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "the wizard is gonna tank for us."

"the wizard is gonna tank if that fails your up"

"you dont need your pots can i have them?"

"dced" (after healing the tank)
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    1) "Your healing Sucks!" = me: alt+T -> leave squad

2) "I will respawn" = me thinking: "you son of a b**** i wasted a f***load of spirit and coins to max my revive..."
  • Terrorice - Heavens Tear
    Terrorice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    (Tank Saying) "I forgot to repair my armor" or "I'm DD build" and takes out a bow...
    (Archer Saying) "I ran out of arrows" then takes out a pair of dual hammer...
    (Venomancer Saying) "I only have flying pets" when u are in a dungeon...
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    For #1 you should be glad we try to warn you. For me I hate to see anyone in party die, in FB or just a boss.

lol Us clerics are slow that's the point there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Deathsscion - Sanctuary
    Deathsscion - Sanctuary Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In front of a large group of monsters. "check out this new AoE I got"
    "the wizard is gonna tank for us."

I've done that mutiple times.
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Well Hellcat had a fun idea, but what about what we clerics don't want to hear?

4. (Tank saying) "Ohhh lagggggg"

I had a good laugh on that one, thanks. b:chuckle
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    any class ( in an fb dead) "can u res me please"
    cleric ( 10-15 mins fly away grinding on scroll ) " ! "

" CLERIC heal " apparantly we don't have names

One of 3 barbs atacking boss " what is wrong with u cleric heal "

" can u heal me aswell, i don't like using my charms "

" I can do more dmg than the tank, watch ! "

"don't worrie about the adds we have a cleric"

" cleric's can't tank lol "

Squad on free mode: cleric " what about the drops ? " , everyone else " you just have to grab them like everyone else "
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Are you allergic to single posts by any chance?
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol kept leaving and then thinking of another. it's not like they are going to run out of space is it !
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Merged your posts, don't spam please. Edit your post next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Options
    thankyou andracil i'll try not too !
  • Fistriel - Heavens Tear
    Fistriel - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Pull the next mob!" (when veno is afk or no one in sq)

Ah and the best:

"Heal my Pet!" (from a veno to me... :x)
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    the worst for me is REZ ME! REZ ME NOW!... i have not rezed because
    1) i died cause you were stupid and attacked before the veno pulled and anyone else was ready causing MY death too... and i am walking back to the dungeon...
    or
    2) i am fighting to keep the Tank alive and if i stop to rez you they will die... i will die.. YOU will die again...

another annoying one is people whispering me make sure you heal me too so my charm doesnt tick i cant afford it........... and i can afford all the charm ticks?? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Why didn't you heal me?!" - Because I was trying to keep the other charmless people alive; you have a charm. -.-; (FB runs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I have a few that annoyes me to no end.. :

1) "Your not strong enough to heal me, I want someone else.."

2) "Why did you let me die.." (from a BM that ran 2 corners ahead in a FB, actually happened and he left the squad)

3) "What level is your rez? Only 7, do you know someone with higher.."(actually happened)

4) "I'm trying to grind to the next level, can you keep me alive.." (from someone 14 lvls lower then mobs)

AND THE ALL TIME WORST THING TO SAY TO A CLERIC..:

"You suck as a cleric, go make a BARB.." (This guy got his dues when both of us clerics stop healing him on Crimson)

EDIT: I have to agree on the drops one too.. happens all the time and when you stop healing early to get a few scraps from the barbs and bm's you get that oh so familier "You made me use some charm, what are you doing? You are supposed to heal, do your job.."
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "HEAL HEAL HEAL!!!!" 99.9% of the time BM's who go off by themselves in the opposite direction the rest of the group went and screams for heals when he's nowhere close enough to get one.

"Give me the HP/MP regen buff it's SO important." Constantly having to explain to people that 10mp/10hp regen overwrites any powders and such you are using and in combat that 10/10 becomes 5/5 which means NOTHING and is WORTHLESS.

"IM SO SICK OF DYING" Usualy by the BM or a Mage who blame the cleric for dying. Stop pulling aggro, you are not the tank. You waste our mp for no reason then because you don't know how to play your class in groups.

"WHY DIDNT YOU HEAL ME?" Usualy by Veno's who pull aggro, then run away about 200feet from the cleric. Trying to heal them but they keep moving out of range of the heal. Our heals have a range, you move out of it, it interrupts the spell, wastes our mana, and you dont get the heal. Stay in range or you're on your own.

"I don't have the HP buff" and "i'm a dps barb." Say that before we're in a dungeon. DPS barbs
    > that way's the exit.

"OMG YOU LET MY HIERO TIC! HEAL FASTER!" I have to go through gold mp charms like water in groups. I am SO sorry if i let your hp charm tick. God forbid you'd have to use up some of your charm like I have to burn through mine.

"I dont use hp charms thats why we have you." Then if you respond with "Well i dont have an mp charm so guess what, we're going to have to meditate." They'll go crazy at you saying "You're a cleric you CANT run out of MP you NEED mp charms." That goes both ways. You need hp charms so we don't have to go through our entire mp charm making sure YOU don't have to spend ANY money. You don't have charms, we won't drain ours. It's not all on us to buy charms and burn through them while you have nothing to pay for.

I can go on and on and on honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "You need hp charms so we don't have to go through our entire mp charm making sure YOU don't have to spend ANY money. You don't have charms, we won't drain ours. It's not all on us to buy charms and burn through them while you have nothing to pay for.
    I can go on and on and on honestly.

THE WINNER, FIRST PRIZE GOES TO FAUSTINNA.. You hit that so on the head I dont think it can be topped.. They want us to use up everything we have so they can save theirs and we STILL dont get any drops for our efforts.. Give appreciation to the clerics that saved your arses and pay forward, our charms cost alot and we get nothing in runs.. I think we clerics need to go on strike and see what those wantabe billie bad (slang) will do then.. Sorry for rant but that one hit really close to the last 2 weeks with me..
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    This was in the other thread, but I think it works in both cases:

"Leeerroooyyyy Jeennnkkiinnnsss!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol Us clerics are slow that's the point there

No matter. There is a point to the tank saying run, if he cannot tank and the party gets wiped, who revives? The point is that the cleric must at least try to get away, so there can be someone to revive everyone during a party wipe.

and

When the barb asks, "Who's tanking?".

EDIT: In response to all the charm things, yep Clerics don't get their dues when it comes to them using their MP charm but I have heard many a barb and BM complain about their HP charms. Party me :D I won't complain about Charm ticks.
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
    edited January 2009
    Options

EDIT: I have to agree on the drops one too.. happens all the time and when you stop healing early to get a few scraps from the barbs and bm's you get that oh so familier "You made me use some charm, what are you doing? You are supposed to heal, do your job.."

About the drops, a cleric should not stop healing to pick up something until the mob/boss is done. If you are talking about after the mob/boss is done, then that barb/BM is a b****. And even if you pick it up, its random, not guaranteed that you get the item and not anyone else.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    About the drops, a cleric should not stop healing to pick up something until the mob/boss is done. If you are talking about after the mob/boss is done, then that barb/BM is a b****. And even if you pick it up, its random, not guaranteed that you get the item and not anyone else.

Yes I was talking about after the boss was done or down to one shot left so not to be in the middle of channeling and the squad was set up in FREE mode and not RANDOM..
    Squad on free mode: cleric " what about the drops ? " , everyone else " you just have to grab them like everyone else "
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    "Give me the HP/MP regen buff it's SO important." Constantly having to explain to people that 10mp/10hp regen overwrites any powders and such you are using and in combat that 10/10 becomes 5/5 which means NOTHING and is WORTHLESS.
    Actually goes by 1/4 so 2,5 extra regen.
    Might not sound great for YOU, but for classes with 0 or 1 mp regen, that is triple (or higher) what they normally regen, and they arent on combat mode ALL THE TIME, they kill the monsters, 10 seconds later, if they arent fighting, their regen goes insanely high again.
    "You made me use some charm, what are you doing? You are supposed to heal, do your job.."
    You bought a charm to USE it, not to wear as DECORATION.
    Mind you, potions/charms are EXPENSIVE, and we are often "forced" to use/buy those by others or we arent allowed on a squad. So every "you got 10 coins" help on covering that cost. So loot your ******ned drops!
    "Pull the next mob!" (when veno is afk or no one in sq)
    Funny thing, if mobs arent too close to each other, i can actually pull. :3
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yes I was talking about after the boss was done or down to one shot left so not to be in the middle of channeling and the squad was set up in FREE mode and not RANDOM..

kk didnt know that. Whoever said that is an a-hole.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Mind you, potions/charms are EXPENSIVE, and we are often "forced" to use/buy those by others or we arent allowed on a squad. So every "you got 10 coins" help on covering that cost. So loot your ******ned drops!

True but Barbs also fit into that category with repair costs and hp charms.

EDIT: Quote didnt work for some reason lol. Fixed it.
  • scridon
    scridon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    True but Barbs also fit into that category with repair costs and hp charms.

I have been in many many arguments with many people about this damn charm thing. Clerics go through there charm no matter what they are doing, be it healing in FB, TT, or the like, and also a lot during solo grinding. I haven't ever played a barb but I am sure that the only time a barb ever goes through nearly as much HP charm as a cleric does MP is during solo grinding. So your damn charm has to tick a few times during a dungeon of some sort, you have any clue how many times a cleric charm ticks during any given dungeon run?

Give me a ****ing break, quit your b***hin.

Oh and whats worse is when a damn Veno goes on this same trip. b:angry
  • Aerole - Heavens Tear
    Aerole - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    In TT with 2 clerics, BM and veno (barb had to go). About to take on a boss in a room with 3 chests.. BM says to veno, "Send your pet in - both clerics keep me healed, I'm tanking." As soon as veno sends her pet in and clerics stack heal him, BM goes to open the chest!! Guess what? We all died.. true story b:angry

So, words I personally don't want to hear from any BM: "Veno, send your pet in, I'm tanking."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature designed by Forsakenx <3