Come on RoC, killing rare pets?

Options

Comments

• VioleTam - Heavens Tear
    VioleTam - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    of these venos was my friend. What happened next is that Mikeya dropped some 60TT axes, and these axes ended up in my friend

ummmm.. your point?
    did your friend get stabbed by the axe or did he eat it?
  • mikeya
    mikeya Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    XD yep! i R failed at PVP LMAO!
    still... the veno's didnt PK me... Radiance did!

did u see my new axes?? i had to TT60 for them!! took 4 full runs!!!! XD

i <3 guild help!
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    pking red name without angels? fail... well, maybe not, but when you hit 80's and have ur gear, and feel like pking without angels, pm me please ^_^
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mikeya - Heavens Tear
    Mikeya - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    ^.^ ill let u kno!!!

by the way, sticky... are u the one they refer to as the "fail barb"?????
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    yea i am, but they are haters, because 9/10 of the people on this server cant kill me 1v1 ^_^ and i can kill 9/10 people on this server 1v1 ^_^. been killed by 3 people 1v1, 2 were legit (dj and desi, both of which i can beat 1v1 also) and 1 was a fluke (hong) because i used armaggeddon instead of slam. never been killed 1v1 by anyone else.

p.s.: only 2 people i know i have been called a fail barb by: ISLEOFPEN and Hong.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retartedazn - Heavens Tear
    Retartedazn - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    yea i am, but they are haters, because 9/10 of the people on this server cant kill me 1v1 ^_^ and i can kill 9/10 people on this server 1v1 ^_^. been killed by 3 people 1v1, 2 were legit (dj and desi, both of which i can beat 1v1 also) and 1 was a fluke (hong) because i used armaggeddon instead of slam. never been killed 1v1 by anyone else.

p.s.: only 2 people i know i have been called a fail barb by: ISLEOFPEN and Hong.

dont forget bookman, who is your biggest fan
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    desi, both of which i can beat 1v1 also)

i'd like to see it happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    keep doing it RoC, providing us with some quality entertainment ^_^

LOL it really did spice things up...
  • LT_Ash - Heavens Tear
    LT_Ash - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone, I haven
  • LT_Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    guys, cant post all the text, just part of it, so sorry
  • Veltore - Heavens Tear
    Veltore - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Good read.I loved this thread.Honestly if i'm xping and see a mob that gives xp i'll attempted it.I'm still noob.Hell i didn't even know about illusion stone til 60,or you could do multiple stone combines.However i haven't got a mold drop yet,but look out rare spawns.ROFL.Keep up the good thread,and the hate.I personally love it,but am a great player to pal with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LT_Ash - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hi everyone, I havent read all the threads, but I see, that all this discussion is about a member from my faction BaLTai. I accidently found this topic and I have to confess, that this situation was caused a lot by my fault. But before that, I have to make a clarification on what happened there. Apparently Mikeya wanted a pet and asked a friend to help him do the job. His/her job was to hit or just somehow interrupt everyone, who was getting near the pet, so Mikeya would be the first. But he was in PK mode and the venos around the place piked him down, for not very honest competition. One of these venos was my friend. What happened next is that Mikeya dropped some 60TT axes, and these axes ended up in my friends hands. He wanted them back. My faction member after consultation with me, and some other faction members decided not to give them back. Why? Because if you are in PK mode, you have to be ready to lose something. I didnt hear a case, when someone from RoC gave back dropped item (hopefully Im wrong). Also, you have to be very naive to expect someone to be nice to you when you are molesting other people in a thing that should be a matter of competition and skill. So, Mikeya just said, Ill kill the bear, until I get my axes back. So, he is killing and the axes are at the auction.

I dont want to say what I said on WC about this situation. So, just little advice for Mikeya, grind for some coins and buy a pet, if you cant do it in other way.

Peace

LT_Ash, faction BaLTai
  • Mikeya - Heavens Tear
    Mikeya - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    You have Fail written all over your forehead! XD

<<<< Barbarian LOL!!! i cant use pets except all class, and I dont have that patience.
    HAHAHA!

sure, id enjoy having an all-class baby bear cub... it would be a slight bit ironic now tho.

I was kinda dumb... after a heafty PK routine, i was left with a pink name, and lack of knowlege that i had run my last angel 2 death's back.

i was surprised, and more angry at myself. I asked for the axes back, but to no avail! my reasoning skills failed with your member. It's alright, i was back before the next spawn time with a new pair of axes!!! ^.^

I accepted the fact that i could drop equip if i went PK mode. Your member didnt deserve my axes! The person who PK-ed me should have gotten my axes! rightfully it's theirs!

i tried my chances, and there's no way any BaLTai member will ever benefit from me ever again... and no reasoning will stop me from ever PKing one of ur members if they ever decide to attempt such a "mode". HAPPY HUNTING!

get your story straight before you make urself look kinda stupid!!! :P
  • Hergaeer - Heavens Tear
    Hergaeer - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i love u. im veno but when go to rares its either i dont ahve the pet or im tryin to beat on of u other venos. really you should just give other people a chance.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol, I sure hope you're not serious about that X3 It'd be sad if someone was really trying to tame a pet by just attacking it XD

I'm not so sad about such high level rare pets dying, the venos that tame those as keepers and sellers aren't so common. Although I'd rather not have the Kowlin dying every time I try to tame it XD i want one so much >_<

hey stinky thing pm me in game i can help u get one for FREEE unlike others i go there sumtimes when i get them i most likey give them to guildies n such
    edited January 2009
    Options
    all u sickos. IM A GUY DAMIT. this is my alt gdam
  • Psynopsis - Heavens Tear
    Psynopsis - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Interesting how all the PvPers are defending their stance like hell whereas all the PvEers are attacking the PvPers over the pets.

And seriously, Trenith, charging 100k/res? U lose to me...(res for 1k XD)
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol this thread got out of hand quick...really beef squashed

..it wasen't even beef really

sorry, less qq more pew pew
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Lol, If I see a rare pet, I would just kill it rather than watching a veno earn his/her fortune. Probably same reason why Mikeya or others kill rare pet.
  • Yanjing - Heavens Tear
    Yanjing - Heavens Tear Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Honestly, all you venos who want rare pets, I really suggest you just buy them. I've never been to a spawn or even tried to tame a rare mob and I'm level 59. I hope that eventually I will be able to buy channeling gear and tame rares, which will all go to guildmates and friends, but I'm not really counting on it. Being able to afford a rare is not really that hard. I bought my snow hare and kowlin by selling all my DQ drops to the NPC, and the tabby I sold telecoustics to buy. Going the buying route is just a lot easier and will save you the heartache. And as for supporting people taming the pets to sell them...even being a venomancer is expensive. Unless someone is being a straight-up b**** about it, I don't mind buying from them. The person I bought my kowlin from was really nice and cool. Not everyone who sells the rares does it to be mean or greedy, everyone wants nice stuff in-game. If you want something rare, you gotta be willing to put in the time, money, or effort to get it. Just my 2 cents. ;)
    yay
  • kuniva
    kuniva Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *yawn*

So yall venos still complaining?

Yall tame a pet spend a lil coin to make it all class and sell it for millions.

Then yall complain yall are poor.

SHUT IT ALREADY.

Ill be there with Mikeya at every pet spawn killing those pets as well.

Become a barb, cleric, archer, wizard or blademaster.

TELL ME WHERE WE MAKE MONEY YOU MONEY HUNGRY OVERPOWERED NEED TO BE NERFED THE HELL OUT OF TOONS.

Im with Mikeya figure something out or dont get the pet. IDGAF if theres only 2 cubs left on the server, or if theres no cubs left on the server. Heck, Ill go kill the kowlin the ugly little pig, Ill go kill them all...

Matter fact, all you venos goign QQ over this... or anyone period, new deal, 100K a res.

Yall can charge us for pets, Imma charge yall for buffs and a res. Those cost more money then your silly little tame skill + the cost to make the pet.

Okay next topic for venos to complain over.

Let me guess, yall want to complain that 99.9% of you venos suck in pvp right?

lol Tren, not every veno wants it to sell which is what I'm thinking their complaining about. Now, to your comment, "TELL ME WHERE WE MAKE MONEY YOU MONEY HUNGRY OVERPOWERED NEED TO BE NERFED THE HELL OUT OF TOONS." Answer is pretty simple, grind. Hell even go out get the crafting stuff and sell it, boring yes... but you can make damn good money. Or another way, make a squad of friends that can do 1-2 pretty easy/quick and farm it, share loot so everyone is making money and sell it.

As for the topic starter, rare pets are just that rare. Other pets can be alot better then the rare pets. Hell I use a Jaden Qingfu as a tank rather then a golem just to be different. Rare pets are nice to have for the look of em but they're not needed, so get over yourself and quit complaining.

-CrazyKuniva Lv 74 Veno
    edited February 2009
    Options
    *yawn*

So yall venos still complaining?

Yall tame a pet spend a lil coin to make it all class and sell it for millions.

Then yall complain yall are poor.

SHUT IT ALREADY.

Ill be there with Mikeya at every pet spawn killing those pets as well.

Become a barb, cleric, archer, wizard or blademaster.

TELL ME WHERE WE MAKE MONEY YOU MONEY HUNGRY OVERPOWERED NEED TO BE NERFED THE HELL OUT OF TOONS.

Im with Mikeya figure something out or dont get the pet. IDGAF if theres only 2 cubs left on the server, or if theres no cubs left on the server. Heck, Ill go kill the kowlin the ugly little pig, Ill go kill them all...

Matter fact, all you venos goign QQ over this... or anyone period, new deal, 100K a res.

Yall can charge us for pets, Imma charge yall for buffs and a res. Those cost more money then your silly little tame skill + the cost to make the pet.

Okay next topic for venos to complain over.

Let me guess, yall want to complain that 99.9% of you venos suck in pvp right?

Oh and i'm charging PER lending hand...like 10k per

Sound good?
  • Darksorrow - Heavens Tear
    Darksorrow - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Oh and i'm charging PER lending hand...like 10k per

Sound good?

Don't forget, 20k everytime the group wants only 1 mob pulled out of a group.

Or any time we need to pull with a pet in general.

Since we need to save up for rare pets now...
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The way I see it.. here's the lowdown...

The game is a competition. Ideally, you'll get the pet. Failing that, one of your friends gets the pet. Failing that, it'd be better to kill it than let someone else get it.

It probably sounds rather selfish (ie. human).. But if I already had one, or ideally more than one, and I could be bothered, I would go and kill the adorable little furry bugger whenever it spawned. Do it for a while, drive the price up and up and up and up, then sell.

Or as that would be in 4chan speak:
    1. Get cubs
    2. Kill cubs
    3. ?????
    4. Profit
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Indeed.

It gives us veno's some competition. Something to do. Then we wear our rares like a badge.

I personally don't buy rares for that reason, because it feels great to tame them. You get out of this game what you put into it.

Even though i started this thread, i wish i had not. I actually found Mikey to be a nice person (imagine that)

So yeah, les QQ more PEW PEW... now i get it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    fuzzles wrote: »
    The way I see it.. here's the lowdown...

The game is a competition. Ideally, you'll get the pet. Failing that, one of your friends gets the pet. Failing that, it'd be better to kill it than let someone else get it.

I really don't understand this. Is the goal to get yourself (and your friends) a rare pet? Or is the goal to prevent others from getting a rare pet?

If your goal is to get yourself a rare pet, then killing it when you fail runs counter to your goal. If someone else wants a rare to use, and they get it when you fail, they're not going to show up at the next rare spawn. That's less competition for you, increasing your chances of getting a rare next time. The farmer is going to be there regardless, so killing it doesn't change your chances wrt the farmer. OTOH killing it insures more venos show up next time, thus decreasing your chances of getting the rare.

This whole circus reminds me of the psych experiment where the prof will put money in a bag. The bag gets passed around the class and each student has to reach in. They can (hidden from view) take as much money as they like, or take nothing. When the bag gets back to the prof, he will double the amount of money remaining in the bag and pass it around again. This continues until the end of class, when any money remaining in the bag will be distributed to the class equally.

The best strategy is for nobody to take any money. The prof will have to double it several times, and at the end of class everyone will get a piece of a bigger pie. But it never fails that one of the first few people to reach in the bag takes all the money, thus ending any chances of a big payout.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I really don't understand this. Is the goal to get yourself (and your friends) a rare pet? Or is the goal to prevent others from getting a rare pet?

If your goal is to get yourself a rare pet, then killing it when you fail runs counter to your goal. If someone else wants a rare to use, and they get it when you fail, they're not going to show up at the next rare spawn. That's less competition for you, increasing your chances of getting a rare next time. The farmer is going to be there regardless, so killing it doesn't change your chances wrt the farmer. OTOH killing it insures more venos show up next time, thus decreasing your chances of getting the rare.

This whole circus reminds me of the psych experiment where the prof will put money in a bag. The bag gets passed around the class and each student has to reach in. They can (hidden from view) take as much money as they like, or take nothing. When the bag gets back to the prof, he will double the amount of money remaining in the bag and pass it around again. This continues until the end of class, when any money remaining in the bag will be distributed to the class equally.

The best strategy is for nobody to take any money. The prof will have to double it several times, and at the end of class everyone will get a piece of a bigger pie. But it never fails that one of the first few people to reach in the bag takes all the money, thus ending any chances of a big payout.

Good man...
  • raven
    raven Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow heaven tear server suck a lot...ks and pet killing fest lol
  • Grgumsh - Heavens Tear
    Grgumsh - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Indeed.

So yeah, les QQ more PEW PEW... now i get it.

LOL now you get it! LESS QQ MORE PEW PEW!!!! the RoC motto! Welcome to the Dark Side! BWUA HA HA HA HA
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    War has made me very paranoid, and when a man starts eyeballin me it makes my Agent Orange act up and I get the urge to kill.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Neither in specific. The goal is to come out on top, whether or not that means killing the rare pet.

Let's assume no one has one. Everyone's even. If you catch one, then you take the lead. If someone else catches one, they take the lead and you fall behind. If the pet is killed and no one catches it, then everyone's still even.

It's sheer 'If I can't have it no one can'. It's a pretty damn ugly sentiment in real life.. but it makes a competitive game more interesting.

Understand though, this is all hypothetical. I really can't be bothered to go and kill the little guy every time he pops up.

I have a veno, but really haven't gotten into the whole rare pet scene.

But basically, as long as I'm not trying to get the pet, I'm glad to hear that someone's killing it.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
This discussion has been closed.