Concerning Rare Pets

Comments

• Frickkina - Heavens Tear
    Frickkina - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    this is getting silly - this is a game - we are 'warriors' fighting against the 'wraiths'. there is an 'ingame' economy to keep up. we dont have ministers or higher powers do we? so they dont keep the economy alive! look at the snowhare pet - how rare is it now?? if some nasty little non 'carebear' came and killed it every now and then how rare would it be now?

i can see why ur on pve server - u might think killing other players is wrong and unethical
    (yes im on it too - but thats cos we cant all afford cash shop)

people do take this game seriously - i am one of them - it can affect my RL sometimes, but i know where the game ends and life starts. I dont think i would kill someone for a damn promotion - yer times are hard but come on, i dont think any1 is slightly for the point u were making there

if that were true then IRL i would zap u with my plume shot and tempest u till u cry, but hey im not really a cleric (ssshhhh some ppl might really believe it!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite amount of QQing
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Its been proven that people take things they do in games and do them in real life as well.

"The people are just mobs, they are in my way. I'm trying to get a promotion in my job and that guy was in my way so I killed him. Gets me killing exp. and levels me up to the next position."
    So by your logic, real living creatures can be compared to data (mobs).
    So living cells are comparable to 1000100100001000000001111001010 ?
    Totally, I <3 your logic.

Do you realize how.... **** that is ??

Let's see, in real life (not online) there are CLEAR UNAVOIDABLE RULES AGAINST MURDER (of real life creatures, not data).
    On the ONLINE, NON-REAL videogame PW there is NO RULE agaisnt killing any MOB (not a real living creature) just because someone wants to tame it.

They are TOTALLY comparable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So by your logic, real living creatures can be compared to data (mobs).
    So living cells are comparable to 1000100100001000000001111001010 ?
    Totally, I <3 your logic.

Do you realize how.... **** that is ??

Let's see, in real life (not online) there are CLEAR UNAVOIDABLE RULES AGAINST MURDER (of real life creatures, not data).
    On the ONLINE, NON-REAL videogame PW there is NO RULE agaisnt killing any MOB (not a real living creature) just because someone wants to tame it.

Yes I know exactly what you mean, but there are some people that for some reason get the 2 mixed up. Its actually happened. Thats where your logic of "its just a mob" fails
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Yes I know exactly what you mean, but there are some people that for some reason get the 2 mixed up. Its actually happened. Thats where your logic of "its just a mob" fails

Well there's some people that play counter strike and feel like going school shoot with a gun, so all who say the normal kid doesnt go violent because of videogames (proven by psychologists, playing videogames doesnt provoke anyone normal into shooting....) are wrong.
    Or playing everquest causes some extremely obsessive addiction that has killed people, so all who say RPGs dont kill ppl are wrong.
    lol ?
    Btw when we say "its just a mob" we are placing it in the same category as ALL other monsters in PWI, so by your logic killing whatever is under this category because "it's just a mob" (quests, grinding, fbs, etc.) can be compared to real people, OMG WE R ALL MASS MURDERERS !

Notice how the Zoe logic works just fine b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Well, in some ways they are.
    In real life, there's no such thing as a rule you have to follow, as long as you don't mind the consequences. The consequences in real life just happen to be more severe than in a video game.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    The fact that the only reason you don't do this in real life is because of the rules just shows what kind of a person you really are. You don't care how much you hurt others.

Take a look at what I found.

In December 2007, a Russian man was beaten to death over an argument in the MMORPG (name removed per forums rules). The man was killed when his guild and a rival guild challenged each other to a brawl in the real world

In October 2004, a 41-year-old Chinese man named Qiu Chengwei stabbed 26-year-old Zhu Caoyuan to death over a dispute regarding the sale of a virtual weapon the two had jointly won in the game (name removed per forum rules).

"Just a mob" to you "just a person" to them.

When it comes down to it, all you are doing is trying to make everyone agree with your griefing. That;s all it is, griefing. You intentionally kill the pet just to **** people off. You can try to rationalize it all you want but that's what it is. It doesn't effect me, I've never even tried to get a rare pet and I don't care about doing so. See how much fun you have if people decided to camp YOU in the game until you lose all your angels and drop everything you have.
    Main characters
  • aerifyre
    aerifyre Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    While this thread has devolved much more than I had hoped (hence why I asked people not to post...), I do have something to say about this post:
    So by your logic, real living creatures

My objective in creating this thread was such that the developers would create a rule against killing the rare pets.

However, I have also been following a thread in the Heavens Tear forum, created by Teseanna (not sure if linking to other threads is allowed in this forum, and I'm too tired to look up the rules). Mikeya, one of the players it is targeted against, brought up the idea of the players creating a fair system for taming. If the players managed to do this, I would find that a perfectly acceptable alternative.

Until something like that happens, or even if it did, it would still be nice to have consequences for high level players killing a rare spawn mob out of spite.
  • lunaveil
    lunaveil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    so youre gunna insult a guy for having an idea... wow. ad hominem arguments are very immature :|.

translating earlier poster with all the big words: fallacy is spelled with an F not a PH. Your act of fallacy = to personally attack someones character with no rhyme nor reason calling you to do so. i believe really, if the OP does have a valid argument, let the dev team look at it. dont go around bashing people's heads in because they have an idea.

EDISON: IMMA MAKE A LIGHTBULB.
    DAD: SON, THATS A STUPID IDEA, GO DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
    *no light bulb now*
    KID TODAY: GEE I WISH I HAD SOME SORT OF OBJECT TO CONDUCT ELECTRICITY SO I CAN SEE.

albeit a dumb example, its blatent belligerence and stupidity like that, that degrades the community as a whole.

QQ more, cry more, noob... all words used by the elitists who do the thing the OP complains about and doesnt want anything changed because it might ruin them being on top... wooo.
    btw i support this idea?

Person A complains about subject X
    Person B calls Person A stupid.
    Person C supports person A
    Person D supports person B
    Person Z comes in and supports both sides in an incoherent and awkward fashion that he mixes up and confuses things for everyone to the point where we have no idea what person Z means.
    GM locks thread :O
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    The fact that the only reason you don't do this in real life is because of the rules just shows what kind of a person you really are. You don't care how much you hurt others.
    I was simply pointing out differences, never said those r the ones important to me.
    But you've already proven how great your logic is here and in all pvp topics right ?
    Take a look at what I found.

In December 2007, a Russian man was beaten to death over an argument in the MMORPG (name removed per forums rules). The man was killed when his guild and a rival guild challenged each other to a brawl in the real world

In October 2004, a 41-year-old Chinese man named Qiu Chengwei stabbed 26-year-old Zhu Caoyuan to death over a dispute regarding the sale of a virtual weapon the two had jointly won in the game (name removed per forum rules).

"Just a mob" to you "just a person" to them.

When it comes down to it, all you are doing is trying to make everyone agree with your griefing. That;s all it is, griefing. You intentionally kill the pet just to **** people off. You can try to rationalize it all you want but that's what it is. It doesn't effect me, I've never even tried to get a rare pet and I don't care about doing so. See how much fun you have if people decided to camp YOU in the game until you lose all your angels and drop everything you have.

So there's crazy people who consider people as mobs in their wicked minds or kill others because of a online item, SO ? what does that prove ? there's crazy people that will kill you in the shower, OMG ARE ALL SHOWERS DANGEROUS NOW ?
    No by normal logic they r not, those ppl are dangerous.
    OMG THERE'S CRAZY PPL IN MMORPGS, DO WE "NORMAL PEOPLE" THAT WONT STAB YOU IRL FOR AN ONLINE TEM COMPARE 1000011111100101010101010 to REAL LIVING CELLS ?
    No by normal logic, yes by zoe logic.
    Intentionally kill the pet uh what if I want the mold or drops uh ? can you PROVE that I dont want the mold ? can you somehow get in my brain and look for the intentions ?
    If people decided to camp me I would simply leave, if you're stupid enough to go to the same spot camped by players that will kill all day you then it's your fault.

Got any other awesome zoe logic ?
    Remember kids, 100011110 = a person.

aerifyre wrote: »
    My objective in creating this thread was such that the developers would create a rule against killing the rare pets.

Until something like that happens, or even if it did, it would still be nice to have consequences for high level players killing a rare spawn mob out of spite.

What if I want the drops from this pet ?
    Note: Snow Hare is considered a MOB, it's a bunch of 100010001010101010 like ANY OTHER MONSTER IN THE DAMN GAME.
    There is absolutely NO special treatment from GMs or any other players towards these mobs, unless you want to tame it or buy t.
    Therefore, it DOESNT deserve any special treatment from any other player.
    Noone will ever get banned in game for killing a MOB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Again, by saying "there is no rule against it so I can do it" just proves the kind of person you are. "If there is no rule against stealing I'd do it, if there is no rule against murder I'd do it." is how you think. It's not hard to tell by the way you post you are trying to rationalize this. You have serious mental issues and yes I've taken psychology classes to know this.

In short: You hate rules and want to break them as much as possible as long as you don't get caught. You try to rationalize things even though you fail miserably. The pets have the same mold drop chance as every other monster in the game, and have a 12 hour spawn time. It can't be for the exp considering you can just be killing normal monsters and get lots more exp than you would get while waiting to kill the pet. Your logic FAILS and boy I have never seen anything fail this hard.

By YOUR logic, I could get some friends, we could all camp every town 24/7 just to kill you, claim we are only killing you for your drops, and there would be no problems if you became unable to move without being killed on the spot.
    Main characters
    edited January 2009
    i shall ignore the rest of the post because im bigger than that - and i think you should thank your lucky stars i wont take anything to heart

By YOUR logic, I could get some friends, we could all camp every town 24/7 just to kill you, claim we are only killing you for your drops, and there would be no problems if you became unable to move without being killed on the spot.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    WELCOME TO PERFECT WORLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Again, by saying "there is no rule against it so I can do it" just proves the kind of person you are. "If there is no rule against stealing I'd do it, if there is no rule against murder I'd do it." is how you think. It's not hard to tell by the way you post you are trying to rationalize this. You have serious mental issues and yes I've taken psychology classes to know this.
    I'm the kind of person that wont break rules b:question you're the kind that says life can be compared to 1000110010101010101010 ? Nice ad-hominem !! disagree with you & post a few times showing how **** all your claims are so I got mental issues.
    I'd say you got one serious issue here, comparing real life to online data is NOT normal.
    In short: You hate rules and want to break them as much as possible as long as you don't get caught.
    Which rule are we breaking here ? the unknown unknown rule about not killing MOBS in a RPG ?
    You try to rationalize things even though you fail miserably.
    You've yet to give me a good reason as to why I fail, killing a mob in rpg = fail ?
    I'd say you fail, because
    Life and data are not comparable.
    If you scroll back you see me post how **** your logic is.
    You've yet to provide a REAL reason to back up your claims.
    You claim because of a few bad apples, saying "its just a mob" to kill a monster in a game can be compared to killing PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE ? how **** can you get you surprise me more everyday
    You've yet to provide any LOGICAL SERIOUS REASON as to why all I said is wrong.
    You're considered a joke by most players with IQ > 30 lol!! too bad not all of them r reading this.

According to you, I fail so um is it because:
    I rationalize that.... killing mob =/= killing people
    I said data and life are not comparable
    I said few bad apples dont justify a generalization.
    I show that ur logic sucks
    That's failing and having mental issues ?
    rofl
    The pets have the same mold drop chance as every other monster in the game, and have a 12 hour spawn time.
    Does PWI say they receive special treatment because of that ?
    It can't be for the exp considering you can just be killing normal monsters and get lots more exp than you would get while waiting to kill the pet.
    Never said it was the exp.
    Your logic FAILS and boy I have never seen anything fail this hard.
    Look in the mirror or at my sig for some of your most famous pvp quotes.
    Still why is 101010101010 or "just a mob" compared to life ? didnt address it.
    Like I said before and you conveniently avoided, by your logic we are all mass murderers lol!!!!!!
    Ignoring the bold part, because I dont know how the **** would that happen to a player, a reply to the rest of this quote would be...
    If you want to try and camp me go do it, why not ?
    You can do that and you're not breaking any rule, I can simply warp far OMG THAT TOOK SO MUCH BRAIN POWER TO FIGURE OUT

Looking forward to your next failure/post, altho your failures here are not as bad as the ones in pvp they're still a good laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Darkglory - Heavens Tear
    Darkglory - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im a level 51, blademaster and I love to watch the venos tame the cub! I was lucky enough to come across it on my veno once (didnt tame lol) and it was ALOT of fun trying. Honestly I know there are some, well nasty players that will kill the rare pet to make it rarer, but I think PW should put a system in that makes it only Venomancers can attack it. Give it like 10000 dammage vs all other classes I dont know I dont design games. I really think the Cub is cute, I want a baby on my blademaster (once i get all the cash i need) cause they are cute. I support your argument fully!!

[X]SIGNED!!!
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Im a level 51, blademaster and I love to watch the venos tame the cub! I was lucky enough to come across it on my veno once (didnt tame lol) and it was ALOT of fun trying. Honestly I know there are some, well nasty players that will kill the rare pet to make it rarer, but I think PW should put a system in that makes it only Venomancers can attack it. Give it like 10000 dammage vs all other classes I dont know I dont design games. I really think the Cub is cute, I want a baby on my blademaster (once i get all the cash i need) cause they are cute. I support your argument fully!!

[X]SIGNED!!!

It sure is cute b:dirty but it's still considered just a mob with no special treatment.
    So unless you're like zoe and say that killing a mob in game is like killing a person IRL b:laugh that should explain why other players can and will always be able to kill rare pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• lunaveil
    lunaveil Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Flaming worse than San Fansisco here, onoes! Its quite funny how every situation or example of a situation that comes into comparison in metagame is always labeled "LOGIC." Theyre called "POSSIBLITY" not logic.

-the example of a 41 yr old man killing another man over weapon, example of how it is possible that the behavior of other people in games actually can be carried too far to outside the game, online actions do hurt too you know. And dont confuse logic with example of possibility.

(It was posted as one not as, JUST BECAUSE ONE MAN GETS KILLED, EVERY ONE WHO GETS BUTTHURT ONLINE IS PSYCHO AND GUNNA KILL YOU.)

The act of killing a rare mob just for the hell of it so other people have no chance at it thus increasing your monopoly on them IS an exploitation and blatent violation of the ToS because its virtually extorting the player into having to BUY the pet if they want it from a monopoly controlled by elitist bullies who have no concern for the players under them. They believe in essence theyve beenplaying the game long enough, or have such a godly character they can treat the other normal players as cannon fodder or if they have no feelings at all.

Go fill your e-penors else where. Nobodies are people too and have every right in the world to have a chance at a pet. With some jack *woot* killing the mob just to make sure no one else gets it, is total BS. Go bully elsewhere b:angry
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    lunaveil wrote: »
    The act of killing a rare mob just for the hell of it so other people have no chance at it thus increasing your monopoly on them IS an exploitation and blatent violation of the ToS because its virtually extorting the player into having to BUY the pet if they want it from a monopoly controlled by elitist bullies who have no concern for the players under them. They believe in essence theyve beenplaying the game long enough, or have such a godly character they can treat the other normal players as cannon fodder or if they have no feelings at all.

You cant prove that they r killing it for the heck of it, besides PWI never stated that rare pets get ANY SORT OF SPECIAL TREATMENT, they r just the same as any other mob
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

edited January 2009
    lunaveil wrote: »

Go fill your e-penors else where. Nobodies are people too and have every right in the world to have a chance at a pet. With some jack *woot* killing the mob just to make sure no one else gets it, is total BS. Go bully elsewhere b:angry

nobody said it was bullying - to be honest i think killing the pet is a way to ensure you have it next time at a lower lvl - because then you know the spawn time. Higher lvls do have the advantage - of course - this is the game we play in, u play on PVP then high lvls have advantage cos they 1 shot u - u play on PVE high lvls have advantage because they can make more money - END OF STORY

these rare pets are just normal monsters if i feel like killing it i will - and to be honest - the more all venos moan and whine that ppl kill it the more people probably will - such is life - and guess what - i might just be one of them waiting there, as i might just need that 0.0001% to level
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aerifyre
    edited January 2009
    You cant prove that they r killing it for the heck of it, besides PWI never stated that rare pets get ANY SORT OF SPECIAL TREATMENT, they r just the same as any other mob

If a non-venomancer that is level 80+ kills a rare pet, what other good reason would they have besides "for the heck of it"?
    It sure is cute b:dirty but it's still considered just a mob with no special treatment.
    So unless you're like zoe and say that killing a mob in game is like killing a person IRL b:laugh that should explain why other players can and will always be able to kill rare pets.

Yes, they are currently the same as any other mob. I posted because I made a suggestion that this be changed. That's why I put this thread in the Suggestion Box forum, instead of some other area.
    nobody said it was bullying - to be honest i think killing the pet is a way to ensure you have it next time at a lower lvl - because then you know the spawn time.

This is an absolutely illogical way of thinking. If there are a dozen or two venomancers waiting to tame a pet, you can just as easily sit back for a couple minutes, and watch it get tamed. There isn't any difference in respawn time whether it is killed or tamed, so there would be no reason to kill it for something like this.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009

I am very much sure that what youve said is phallacy, try reading Aristotle. This is not an opinion but a statement of fact. BTW you also incurred in phallacy on your response to me. I have neither the time or inclination to go into a lenghty explanation of something that basic culture or sensitivity should allow you to easily understand, so i'll limit myself to saying that you made a character attack the basis for your dismissing an argument that you did fail to address, and that the asumption of a position being self evident is intellectually flawed. No doubt you subscribe to contemporary zeitgeist in believing your opinion to be valid without the need of supporting it through the use of reason, but this is very much against well over two millenia of western thought as a tradition. I never pretended "to know anything" this is yet again a phallacy and your saying something does not in any way make it true.

The original poster made a well thought out and articulate case for considering against the game stated rules that some people go out of their way to harrass and inconvenience other players. Any high level (e.g. experienced) user should know rare pets to be a valuable resource to the veno class. Furthermore to proceed to killing said rare pets whilst other users try to tame it's disrespectful and inconsiderate. While I do not consider valid the argument that the sole fact that you can actually do so makes it appropiate, this at least is an argument. It seems to me however that the sole fact that you have capacity to do something does not not imply an inherent right to do so, and this is an ethics issue which most contemporary comentators have settled on the assertion that it is not correct to do so. Hence private vengeance is considered a crime in all of today's nation states, disregarding what the conditions of praxis may be.

To take advantage of the anonimity inherent in this media to indulge in what in other contexts would be considered antisocial behaviour is an idiotic and cowardly thing to do, wether in game or in the forums. People who resort to insults and mistake vulgarity with wit are a source of trouble in any comunity, ours is not an exception.

1. Learn to spell.

2. Care more
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    If a non-venomancer that is level 80+ kills a rare pet, what other good reason would they have besides "for the heck of it"?
    Is there any rule that tells us that doing so is ilegal somehow ?
    This is an absolutely illogical way of thinking. If there are a dozen or two venomancers waiting to tame a pet, you can just as easily sit back for a couple minutes, and watch it get tamed. There isn't any difference in respawn time whether it is killed or tamed, so there would be no reason to kill it for something like this.

So venos wanting to tame something now make it unkillable for some weird reason ?
    You want to tame it, they want to kill it.
    Both r legal.

I ask again, does PWI say that monsters get ANY SORT OF SPECIAL TREATMENT based on their spawn time and # of venos wanting to tame it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• aerifyre
    edited January 2009

So venos wanting to tame something now make it unkillable for some weird reason ?
    You want to tame it, they want to kill it.
    Both r legal.

I ask again, does PWI say that monsters get ANY SORT OF SPECIAL TREATMENT based on their spawn time and # of venos wanting to tame it ?

As I have said before already (and I'll put it again in bold): No, there is currently no rule against killing the pet. That is why I made this thread.

I feel that the game would be better overall by having consequences for killing the rare pets. It is a suggestion. Therefore, I put it in this forum, the Suggestion Box - which is for suggestions, correct?

If the developers agree, they'll do something about it. If not, they won't. People stating over and over ridiculous things isn't going to change that, similar to how this post probably isn't going to change your way of thinking in the least.

This is my last post in this thread. I've read every single post made so far, and most of it has either been complete idiocy, or flaming. I'm not reading any more, and I'm not going to defend my position against people who obviously don't care one way or the other. This problem is in the hands of the developers now, for good or ill.
  • bobzilla21
    edited January 2009
    I've read every single post made so far, and most of it has either been complete idiocy, or flaming.

I totally agree with this statement.
    If the game developers want to stop people from killing rare pets, they will. Otherwise, they'll leave it the way it is.

END OF DICUSSION!
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
    edited January 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    I totally agree with this statement.
    If the game developers want to stop people from killing rare pets, they will. Otherwise, they'll leave it the way it is.

END OF DICUSSION!

this was my point too - although i wanted to show you all why it probably wont happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Since this is in a suggestion forum, I'll repeat something I said in another similar thread...

A reasonable solution, would be to keep the pets on the 12 hour timer...
    but allow them to spawn randomly anywhere in the world in that level range (i.e. level 20 areas, level 40. etc..)

This way, the pet keeps it's 'ultra' rare value, because..
    you can't camp it,
    new players may in fact actually kill it for xp, oh well, it's a rare, they are excited too, lol.

It would create an excitement and 'rush' if somone sees one and yells on WC about it.

Sounds alot easier, more reasonable, most importantly, the most FAIR alternative to what is going on now. Not that I think what is going on now is wrong, but I definitely feel this alternative would be more entertaining (and add I would actually feel that people asking $ for the pet would actually deserve it).
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • mikeya
    mikeya Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I see i started some sort of movement.

My CONTINUAL Killing of a rare spawn MOB has been brought to my attention... by a GM. Today, After Killing the rare spawn, I was IMMEDIATELY teleported to Misfortune... confused, i returned back to the scene of where the bear was reportedly killed by me... to get another immediate teleportation back to the same exact spot. later a GM had messaged me.

I was told to please, not grief to other players. (sorry, i fail at spell check)

Normally killing a rare spawn is not against any game rules of any sort.

I am currently a level 70 Barbarian on the Heaven's Tear server. My guild does not have any involvence in the bear cub issue that is at hand! What they do, is of their own free will, and not constructed or instructed by me in any manner! The guild does not put a hault on their member's private actions, with the guild having one direction in mind... they have more issues to focus on than their players private affairs.

Killing a Mob stricly out of spite in the game, is not against any rules, but Greiving other players IS against the rule.

My Confusion on that issue is as follows:
    Player A: (Goes to attack a "White Eyed Wolfkin")
    Player B: (Goes to attack the same "White Eyed Wolfkin" [WEW])

Player A: hey i wanted to kill that for my quest!!! >:O
    Player B: I wanted to kill that for my Experience!!!
    Player C (out of nowhere): I like that animal, please let me tame the "WEW"!!!

Player A: Ill wait for the next one to spawn then!!!
    Player B: I want to kill the next spawn tho!
    Player C: No Fair, you can kill faster than I can tame it! i want to capture the next spawn!!!!

Player C: I HATE YOU BOTH! WHY DID YOU KILL IT PLAYER A?!?!?!?
    Player A: Im killing it for my own personal reasons! do you mind? i want the drops! Give me money to buy drops, and I will be happy to leave
    Player B: No reason to hate anyone Player C! Just because it's a "WEW" that u can capture, doesnt reserve it strictly for your use to capture!!!

Player C: Are you Dumb? I wanted to capture one for myself, one for a friend, one for my hubby, Ten to make as an all class pet, and maybe 10-15 more to sell to others because skills and weapons and channeling gear are all expensive!!! I do not have money to give to you!
    Player B:You need that many? But this WEW doesnt spawn as fast as other mobs, and i wanted to see what items it dropped! It can be killed!!! If it was stricly ment for your intent of being used as a "VENO-ONLY Capture" type, wouldnt the game designers give it some sort of Damage Immunity?!
    Player A:Look, I'm going to kill this reguardless of your intent or purpose off of this! Why must you be so greedy with wanting all of them to yourself? there's 20 other people that have the same exact intent as you! Why should I give up my chance of killing this just so you can have your way to increase your profits/revenue/relations with others?

Player C: NO FAIR! IM TELLING A GM!!! I HOPE THEY BAN YOU!!!

Who is Spiteful???

Sorry everyone... i couldnt put into words what i had created as a scenario up above...

As it is said, if I continue to kill the rare spawn... I am "considered" to be in violation of the Terms of Service. Section 11. "Grevieng other players"

I hereby do not believe i am intentionally Greiving other players, when I stated that they could have multiple ways to entice me to leave... Coin, PK Me (sometimes), Build an internal structual system that gives fair game to various level veno's that helps demote the idea of a greed based system. (few listened... even fewer cared)

I was told that I am an immature player, and that i need to clean up my potty mouth! :P(not by a GM)

My potty mouth will cease!! I did read the World Chat from AV_Idol stating some rude misconceptions about me, later receiving multiple "hate wispers" from various players that had the urge to rub into my face a "GM has recieved your Ticket".

I am pleased with the GM's response to the action. I am under the assumption that the player has been Banned(temp) for such a disrespectful comment twords me.

I am also amazed on how much response i am getting for Fighting a lower level mob from other peers. I am pleased that my words have reached others to suggest that there should be a better system developed to entice a variety of level of players to achieve the same possible goal. ( a system that lets lower level venos have the same chance to capture the pet as a high level veno, instead of being bullied around like a simpleton)

Since I do fear a possible ban for what I am doing, I will put an immediate Hault to my actions of killing the bear!!! I am only one person doing such an act, and for any other's to follow such an idea, could clearly come to the same solution and continue such an idea until they are given such a warning of a similar nature by an authority figure in the game (be it a GM/Guild Leader/Peer)

Killing a rare spawn is NOT ILLEGAL... Killing in spite or to antagonize another player could be considered a greiving issue... but would constitute much more thought and discussion on the issue to deem an apropriate course of action.

So in essence, if you kill a rare spawn, people will hate you, Kill steal someone... they hate you.... tell someone that they should go and self plesure themselves.... they hate you.

all of the above fall under the greiving issue at hand as a "possible" violation of ToS (Terms of Service) For lack of a better discription of the issue, i am at a hard fault to consider what actions i should take to ensure i do not fail to meet the ToS, but also to not prevent myself from enjoying such a game that i have spent real, hard-earned money... for increasing my gaming experience.

If by chance this issue could have a better clarification, id be more willing to follow the rules, but i cannot assure anyone that EVERYONE will follow the rules.

I hope you enjoy your game, feel free to whisper me any comment on the matter in-game. i rarely read the forums, yet they have peaked my interests.

Mikeya -Heaven's Tear.
  • mikeya
    mikeya Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Since this is in a suggestion forum, I'll repeat something I said in another similar thread...

but allow them to spawn randomly anywhere in the world in that level range (i.e. level 20 areas, level 40. etc..)

you can't camp it,
    new players may in fact actually kill it for xp, oh well, it's a rare, they are excited too, lol.

It would create an excitement and 'rush' if somone sees one and yells on WC about it.

Sounds alot easier, more reasonable, most importantly, the most FAIR alternative to what is going on now. Not that I think what is going on now is wrong, but I definitely feel this alternative would be more entertaining (and add I would actually feel that people asking $ for the pet would actually deserve it).

I LOVE YOUR IDEA! it has WIN written all over it!

makes it impossible to "kill before someone else gets a chance"
    also makes it impossible to farm!!!!

PERFECT IDEA! let's hope PERFECT WORLD accepts it!
  • aerifyre
    edited January 2009
    mikeya wrote: »
    Wall-O'-text.

A friend pointed out that Mikeya had posted in this, so I figured I would make 1 last post. Not sure if he'll read this or not, but oh well.

The 'options' that you gave to people for making you leave the spawns alone aren't readily available to all players.

As you have said numerous times, many of the Venomancers are greedy (to which I agree 100%). This makes it very hard for people to agree on a single player to get the rare spawn - i.e. ruling out one of the possibilities of making you leave.

As I am personally still very low level, I would have absolutely no chance of PKing you. When this incident first occurred, I wasn't even level 30 yet - thus I wouldn't have been able to go into PK mode, even if I had wanted to try and ineffectually beat on you all day (from which you still probably wouldn't have died).

Being that this is my first character on these servers, and due to my low level, I highly doubt I would have enough money to bribe you to leave the spawn alone. Even if I did, it wouldn't have made much of a difference - on the spawn thus far that the bear wasn't killed, it has been successfully tamed before my spell even finished, which means a bribe of not killing it wouldn't do any good.

As to your "scenario" that you portrayed in the post... while the 23-28 tames Player C wanted to make could describe some of the people trying to tame the rare pets, the rest of it is rather nonsense. To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong), the rare pets are not involved in any quests, thus invalidating Player A in the scenario. Considering that you (mikeya) could probably one-shot the bear, Player B's response of killing it for experience is also invalid - they don't give any more experience than a normal level 20 mob. Waiting around for it to spawn without killing any other mobs would also make a bad excuse for getting any experience off the kill, since you could easily go kill multiple high level mobs in that same timeframe, and probably get multiple hundreds or thousands of times the experience.

I was online earlier today when AV_Idol start spouting off that **** (with horrible grammar, I might add) in world chat. I personally find that distasteful, and it gives people even more of a reason to hate venomancers.

You do, however, seem to have vastly more intelligence than - or at least you are able to use logic much better than - the majority of people who have posted in this thread. This is easily evidenced by your 2nd-to-last paragraph, which is a pretty good concise description of why I made this thread. I know there are currently no rules against killing the rare pets. However, griefing is against the ToS, and killing the rare spawns would be a form of griefing. I asked in my original post that the developers take some action. I did not specify what this action would have to be (if any was taken at all), and if they were to take any actions, it should be clarified first. If they are going to start implementing punishments for killing the rare pets, then they should announce that.

As for Oishasan's idea, that would be a perfectly acceptable change that could be made, in my opinion. The only fault I could see with it, is that the prices for the rare pets will probably skyrocket. However, there is a very simple solution for this - don't pay more. Part of the reason that the rare pets sell for so much, is that people are willing to pay the price. If they weren't willing to pay, then prices would drop.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009

I have problems finding the rules, so here's their rules url: http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms

But they do not ban for narrowly defined in-game actions, especially when taken out of context.
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2009

you can't camp it,

The bad thing about that, is that venos put this stupid price on rare pets when you can camp for it and it's easier. Now imagine if it's harder! They're just going to keep raising the prices more and more. Stupid rare pet sellers.... b:angry Yes, I know I am a veno, but i have not sold ONE rare pet and never will, therefore I am not a seller and a stupid veno who just wants profit. b:bye
  • bobzilla21
    edited January 2009
    That'd give venos an even less chance to catch something then. When you consider that noobs don't know which pets are rare, the fact that a veno can't find one would make it more likely for a rare to get killed by a noob. And since chances are a veno won't be in the vicinity of a mob when it spawns, the people around there will probably just kill it for xp.

PS. No one seemed to pay attention when I said END OF DISCUSSION.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]