Concerning Rare Pets

13»

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    I totally agree with this statement.
    If the game developers want to stop people from killing rare pets, they will. Otherwise, they'll leave it the way it is.

END OF DICUSSION!

I am uncomfortable with your implication here, so I would like to pose an analogy to show you one of my problems:

"If the developers want to stop people from talking with each other, they will."

But this does not mean that you should harm people by talking with them. (And I am NOT suggesting that you have ever done anything like that.)

Edit: Or, you could substitute in other actions for "talking with each other" or "killing rare pets". My point was that the parts of the rules describing user conduct issues are general guidelines about not being offensive and do not go into detail about how you could be offensive.

Anyways, if you really wanted to end this discussion (and I kind of agree with you that this discussion should end), then I think you should have suggested that people take rules violation issues to PWI's ticketing system and that discussing them here will probably not do much of anything useful.

Edit: and, if someone seems to be doing something mean and unpleasant, you might try talking with them to find out if they are doing anything that maybe has some other explanation. Even if they are unhappy -- especially if they are unhappy -- maybe they just need some time to work through some issues that have been bothering them.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ...I don't quite get the analogy.b:surrender
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    That'd give venos an even less chance to catch something then. When you consider that noobs don't know which pets are rare, the fact that a veno can't find one would make it more likely for a rare to get killed by a noob. And since chances are a veno won't be in the vicinity of a mob when it spawns, the people around there will probably just kill it for xp.

PS. No one seemed to pay attention when I said END OF DISCUSSION.

Well, to be honest, in over 20 years of MMOs, games that use random spawn areas for 'rares' like suggested, do tend to have less animosity amongst its players versus games doing the 'static' rare spawn area thing. Add to that, a tighter community of 'communication' and 'teamwork' tends to grow from it.

As far as price goes, as said before, it could be higher, but only if you choose to pay for it. Personally, I would never pay for a rare pet.
    And given the odds of this certain scenario, as a wandering veno I would have better odds to gain a rare pet. In fact, everyone would have the same (better) odds at gaining one.

Currently, I own a cuddly pup, I enjoy having, because he happened to stroll by me one day as I was questing. It was a joy to be able to tame him because of this, a feeling attaining 'rare' pets should reward quite honestly.
    Oishasan
    Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Yup, simplest solution: randomize spawn times and locations (it could still be within a region). Then catching a rare pet would mean something. As it is, I wouldn't bother wasting your time on it.
  • Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary
    Surfer_Rosa - Sanctuary Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    1. Learn to spell.

2. Care more

First off, i don't recall english as a language posessing a single regulatory body, like french and spanish do, so what is your reference? Oxford's? Webster's? As a native romance speaker I
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    um, fallacy is spelled with an "f" in front in most areas, I'm pretty sure. And I'm pretty sure French and Spanish have more than one version of their language.
    And you didn't finish your sentence.
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • ThunderFleas - Archosaur
    ThunderFleas - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Wow, I know this is old, but found it by doing a Google search, so forgive me for bumping such an old thread. Reason I found it, my fiance, who is a venomancer, just had a rare spawn killed on her while attempting to tame it, purposely by another veno to keep her from getting it... so for the record, I wholeheartedly agree with the original post and would love to see some sort of "protection" type rules put in place for such griefing, as it's really unfair for those who genuinely just want it as a pet and not to sell (as she does).

As far as the many "nasty" and "immature" flaming posts... wow, sadly, even though I'm a bit new to Perfect World (even though I had played it a tiny bit in the past), I had truly hoped/felt this game might be a tad different than the many other MMOs out there full of trolls, haters, griefers, etc. Even though I knew any MMO would have to have such users, I'm kind of bothered to see so many all at once, being so heinous, hateful, and griefing over something that holds true reason for concern, and legitimate merit as far as concerns go. I'm truly hoping to have future experiences in Perfect World that may erase such observations from memory, as it unsettles me to think I'm actually playing in the same game as some of the many hateful users in this thread. I figure this will probably get flamed too, but I don't plan to really check this thread to find out, so have at I guess? I mean, just wow... all I can say is that thankfully there's so many awesome games coming out this year, that should the observations of such hateful, spiteful, and straight out flaming/obnoxious users get bad enough, there will at least be several places to land for refuge. :-/

On another note, perhaps the fact there is such blatant hating/trolling/griefing going on to the extent of just about driving users away, albeit either directly or second-hand, that may point out that PWI might be better interested in taking a firmer stance on such issues.
  • Yami_ - Dreamweaver
    Yami_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ^

Don't take your game experience by what you read on the forums, people are actually a lot nicer to the new players ingame than in the forums, I don't know if this is true in the PVP servers, but at least they are on the PVE servers.

About the pets, the only one good to catch is the Flying Pig and all the others are garbage (Shaodu Cub can be good for noob duels and PK because of his stun). That lv80 fish that I forgo the name and the fox have some uses, but they aren't hard to catch compared with the others.

PS: PK areas are PK areas, if you die just laught with the killer instead of curse him, personally I only kill the players for see them swearing lol, also I don't know why they don't let us ress old topics if you have something to add to them, because if you start a new, some nerd will apear and say to you use search, this thing was spoken too many times and blablabla.
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    3 year necro ftw?
  • SoulChaser - Harshlands
    SoulChaser - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I'm a huge rare pet freak. But none of this really bothers me that much, I could care less about something that will appear again or that I can buy eventually. But I agree this has happened before. I made a second venomancer for rare pets I got too high to level up and they're is one specific girls that camps for Treefrogs and tames them all or kills them so no lower levels can use them. I suggest if you REALLY badly want one, you friend some high levels to PK your competition, if you don't they'll either PK you or repeating to kill them. You shouldn't get mad at high levels taming them, some people tame for lower leveled friends(I've done that several times) or to get all class for other class friends, or desperately need the money for skills, and since rare pets sell, it's a quick way to do that.

This is a pointless post, you can't stop them no matter what. Maintenance has better glitches and problems to fix in the game, but it makes a good warning for those beginner venomancers that want to tame a specific one.
    Pokemon lover since 1998~
    PWI since 2008~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]