lf girlfriend

Options
Sanshiru - Lost City
Sanshiru - Lost City Posts: 98 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3200/20090119130248em5.jpg

so it got already down to this that people are so desperate to openly announce that they need a gf/bf like in a news paper advertise, stating how desperate they are and how much they lack of proper communication to find someone in a 'normal' way?
don't get me wrong, nothing against online relationships and such that turn rl ones. me and my rl hubby met online as well and fell for each other, but it wasn't intentionally or that either of us was pointing out that one of us was looking for a partner. neither of us.

but does it really have to be this way that people look for partners?
is that the reason why people play games now?
this is not the first time i saw people stating something like in the picture, so i am wondering. also wondering if people completely lost their sense of appropriate approach to the other gender.
i saw this also in the picture threads here on the forums.
all pictures look the same kinda. the guys with naked torso and the girls showing off with their **** making titillating faces like in one of the cheap magazines.
is that the way you think you can find a partner? or is everyone just looking for a quicky on the weekends?
somehow i find this rather pathetic. what do you guys think?
imo all the people doing it that way kinda lower themselves. there is no communication it seems that is going further than to the edge of the bed. kinda sad.
.: Being able to read and think at the same time is an advantage :.
Post edited by Sanshiru - Lost City on

Comments

• Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    What's your ASL ?
  • Ormenelle - Heavens Tear
    Ormenelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Joking :)

But not unrelated, because it occurred a few times that some random guy I passed by in Archosaur whispered me just those : "SomeGuy said: ASL?"

Seems some guys only see girls as meat holes. I don't answer to them tough, I wouldn't want to make their right hand jealous.
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    yea seems so.. i also run into plenty guys like that.
    yesterday someone whispered me saying hi. i asked what he wanted and he was like 'introduction..>?'
    so i told him to get lost since i was in a bad mood anyways and couldn't be bothered. what ended up in him flaming me, like it does mostly when you don't give them what they want lol
    like little kids who don't get their candy.
    it can be kinda funny tho when you tell those sort of guys something like 'dude.. i'm a guy..'
    then they go silent instantly and i even had one guy apologize lol
  • Neios - Sanctuary
    Neios - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Often such desperation will bring them something of the same. That or they will attract those who will take advantage of their situation. Either way its a horrible way to find a mate.

Most people don't like desperate types.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I'm of the opinion the people doing this are either desperate pimply faced teenage boys, or pedophiles hoping to get some naughty pics of some nice underaged girls and boys.... glad to see i'm not the only one who finds this a little disturbing though.

On my veno anytime someone tries to flirt with me, I'll basically throw myself at them and then casually mention "Oh, btw..... I'm a guy, I hope this isn't going to be a problem???"... shuts em up every time!!! I've even been honored with a few WCs attempting to warn the other "playas" about me, lol it's always good for a few laughs!b:laugh
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    On my veno anytime someone tries to flirt with me, I'll basically throw myself at them and then casually mention "Oh, btw..... I'm a guy, I hope this isn't going to be a problem???"... shuts em up every time!!! I've even been honored with a few WCs attempting to warn the other "playas" about me, lol it's always good for a few laughs!b:laugh

LOL that's so ****ing hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cant you people realize that it could be just a joke?
    Iv done similar WC shouts before just to see what kind of whispers i would get (funny ones, i must add).
  • wenh93
    wenh93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    b:chuckle at madaaawwwg, guys a totally a-hole kic me out of a fb because i hit him after he hit me first >.>
    coouple days later saw him outside of untamed fb19 red, killed him and he drop a headless necklace+3%exp b:victory
  • Klastel - Heavens Tear
    Klastel - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Cant you people realize that it could be just a joke?
    Iv done similar WC shouts before just to see what kind of whispers i would get (funny ones, i must add).

could be a joke but also might not be a joke as well.
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    could be a joke but also might not be a joke as well.
    Then take as a joke and move on.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Heres a good way to get rid of them:

Start from step 1 if on pve, skip to step 2 if on pvp.
    1. Tell them to go white name to show how strong they are.
    2. Pk him yourself or get someone to help.
    3. Embrace (if male) the pker and fly/walk/ride away into the sunset.

I had to do this a while back cause some guy won't leave my cleric friend alone. too bad i didn't get the chance to pk him...
  • Swifti - Heavens Tear
    Swifti - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    some girl was walking around asking random people to be her 'bf' and wouldnt stop following me and my squad... so i did the logical thing and said i would be her bf. we embraced and flew off together. unforunately our relationship abruptly ended when i "accidentally" dropped her onto luminoc architect
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol omg you are so mean xD but yea i noticed females can be just as bad as the males when it comes to this.. i tend to play male chars when i get the possibility to make a good looking one, so i unfortunately get spammed as well by females..
    here as well best solution is telling them you're female and when it's a do-or-die case.. well let her die xD
  • Greenfaerie - Sanctuary
    Greenfaerie - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Either way joke or not

I always say hey this is not e-harmony you have the wrong site b:chuckle

I personally think it is just young kids taking advantage of the FREE chat for a role play naughty talk. b:scorn

Or like stated above its old perverted looking for illegal activities with young kids. b:angry

I don't have a thing against e-dating because me and my real life boyfriend met on our first MMORPG. BUT him and I were not LOOKING FOR a relationship/Love at the time we met in game. We happened to been gaming w/ each other for about a year before we even knew we liked each other. Just only recently we decided to go past the friends stage. Long story short, He is the best that has happened to me + 1year going strong. = Love

When you look for it it never happens.
    BadKittie by day
    Greenfaerie by night
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    totally agree with you! same happened to me and my hubby just that it was on a forums not in-game.
    but the thing is it's not just people ingame trying to 'mate'
    just take a look at the picture thread. it gets more and more **** imo.
    it looks like people lose their sense for good and nice pictures and instead only consider something good if they can see naked skin.
    i thought the purpose of it was to show what people look like not to make a contest who got the naughties picture lol and besides. imo most of the girls and guys there who think they look good, simply don't :S they just make a fool of themselves i fear what is kinda sad.
    and the same is their behaviour ingame.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    im looking for a girlfriend, must be jessica alba hot. pm me ingame.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    *runs to make a female alt to pm sticky*
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Pharse - Heavens Tear
    Pharse - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I can understand that it must be very annoying to a female player that guys are constantly hitting on you. On the other hand maybe people are just being friendly. I myself have gone into noob areas and just said hi to people and asked if they needed help. Kind of like a welcome wagon. I consider it community service as high lvls helped me and are still helping me.

On the other hand I have also had girls come on to me and I also fly them places they don't need to be and drop them. The last one went from etherblade to Sanctuary. I have never dropped them on a boss though. Just figured it was funny enough that they either had to teleport or try to run from there being a lvl below 10.
  • Khristine - Heavens Tear
    Khristine - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Seems there's bias on both sides. I usually play a male character in these games, and I've noticed a major difference in how I'm treated when I play either gender. My male characters get challenged to more spontaneous duels, get random embrace requests from women, and have a harder time getting into unplanned groups for FB's. Without changing my own behavior at all, playing as a female I can almost always get someone to help me in FB's, random "kill X number mobs" quests, and as a whole both male and female players are a heck of a lot nicer. I also have yet to be challenged to a duel as my main, a female BM, who, ironically, is built a lot tougher than any of my male characters. b:chuckle

The whole BF/GF on an MMO strikes me as sort of dangerous. :/ Unless you know that person already, or are both completely aware of what the other's intentions are - i.e., it's just a GAME and not meant to be overly serious - it could easily turn into something very ugly. Feelings get hurt. People have actually committed suicide over misunderstandings like that. Don't get me wrong... I know of people meeting their One True Love the same way, but this isn't meant to be a dating service and shouldn't be treated as such.
  • imnotachick
    imnotachick Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    From what i've seen in the games i've played past couple years,you'll have teenage to mid twenties guys mostly hitting on the females like some desperate geek whos never gotten laid,and the WOMEN in their 30's to 40's trying to get with younger guys!

Last game i played Co Online,there were plenty of stories and instances of the older ladies having multiple online and sometimes sexual relationships with guys over msn and cam,so girls can stop the"its the guys doing it"****,its both sexes :)
    edited January 2009
    Options
    oh man, if i learn your female...... ummmm damn, there is no one that still plays that knows of my sexual innuendo.. damn i used to be bad, but it was only with extremely good friends. ive kinda layed off of it, but not really. just know this: if i find out your a girl, i WILL make sexual advances, although they may not be serious, they will still get you extremely aroused ~_^

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Klastel - Heavens Tear
    Klastel - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I guess this just comes with the age of technology. I think a lot of people these days are losing social skills b/c of online gaming. I remember back in the days when I used to play RO this girl I used to party with suddenly said she liked me which really started to scare me eventually when she constantly PMed me whenever I was online.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Never get romantically attracted to anyone in a game unless their character is rich. Then dig that gold! Dig, dig!
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i retract my previous statement, i think desi and bookie may still remember, but idk if i was still as bad then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yea the amount of innapropirate flirting in this game is a bit much honestly. It's hard to maintain normal chatting relations with anyone without it somehow turning into flirting chat.

Or the "just because i am a girl i need to be supersensitive and listen to your tragic tale of woe and comfort you." It's a game, i dont play it to be a shoulder to cry on so don't get mad if i honestly don't want to hear your tale of heartbreak. And no i dont want to be /embrace by you and no i dont want to tell you what i'm wearing and IF i'm being nice by rezzing you or chatting with you it's not because i want sex, it's because im being NICE.

It's like, ok, i get it, you want a GF...but most of us girls just want to play a videogame. We either have a bf already, are married, or if neither we're not looking for an "internet" one or one over a videogame.

So ease up on the constant flirting guys. Not only is it not attractive, it's sad. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol..
    yeah ppl are pretty sad sometimes
    but i've always had the strong resolution
    to not even flirt with female characters because..

well you have no proof that they're even a girl in real life

and the idea of flirting with another guy(not against **** or anything)
    but yeah no.. i'm straight.. :p

i think the funniest one i've seen so far was the guy
    advertising to people
    too hook up with his sister XD

or or!
    the one soliciting the girl that needs someone to practice BJ's on
    it was rofl total roflness

i'm pretty sure they were jokes but still..

anywho but yeah as has been said if your a girl and your playing as a girl character and guys start hitting on you
    just say your a guy
    it usually works
    unless you get the real creepo's O.o

Brieggette:Dum dee da lalalala
    Hotguy27:Hey whats up?
    Brieggette:Uhmm.. not much.. why?
    Hotguy27:Mmm just wondering.. mostly about you. ;)
    Brieggette:OK... i'm gonna leave now
    Hotguy27:Aww.. come on baby you kno you wanna hook up
    Brieggette:Dude! i'ma guy!
    Hotguy27:....
    Hotguy27:Heh.. oh yeah.. nothing like a little change to make things hotter ;)
    Brieggette:O.O
    Brieggette:*Runsaway and reports*

:D
    *Please note this was purely a demonstration
    this conversation was not taken from any real events
  • Sanshiru - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol briegg i pity you. how did you get rid of him? just blocked that guy? who knows maybe it was a girl.. >_> they can be as bad as guys :S
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yeah... that's pretty sad. I hope he was joking. People who do those sort of things seriously are always one of the following:

1.) Beyond desperate and stupid.
    2.) Pedophiles, plain and simple. It's a sick, old pervert.

Of course #1 tends to attract #2 so you usually end up with one of the people in the scenario being a pedo.

If you want to look for a relationship on the net go to e-Harmony or something. I don't mind people who meet online and end up together irl, provided they truly know each other first. (It is the net! Lieing takes only a few key strokes and stolen photos!)

I mean, I met my boyfriend on Neopets (lmao, I know!) We were just MSN buddies for a year before we became anything else. Before then, the thought never crossed our minds. That was over a year ago and we're still going strong. ^^

Point is: Love only finds you when you aren't seeking it.

The only times I ever used the embrace feature was to find out what the animation looked like. (I'm a curious kitty, you know?) LOL. Other than that I'd rather just take forever to build Chi with the carry feature. Personally, I don't take such actions lightly even when "it's just a game". The concepts still linger.

EDIT: I don't mind embracing Barbarians in tiger form, since I just pet their heads. It's cute. ^^
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Ziggie - Heavens Tear
    Ziggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    True story

First time in Arch, was just flying around picking up quest when some guy
    <assume> it was a guy.
    msn me telling me "im hot"
    Me "great thanks"
    random guy "no im serious your hot"
    Me "do I know you?"
    random guy "ASL"
    I take my time with answer, dramatic pause!
    Me "60 and im a guy"
    random guy "your a pervert"
    Me "hey you started this, its the internet I can be anyone"
    random guy "I can report you"
    Me "go ahead, just remember next time, you cant get upset with someones
    answer just cause you dont like it"
    Moral of the story I have from that day on been a "60 year old male"
    The guy freaked me out a bit, as I had only been playing a few days.
    I guess he never did report me, but im hoping he got the message!
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I guess he never did report me

Or perhaps he did and the GMs banned him for wasting their time... b:laugh

It's hillarious that people still make assumptions on a person's RL gender based on the gender of their chars. I wonder if those people also assume I have wings in real life because my Cleric has them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]