Beetle Report (43)

Oishasan - Sanctuary
Oishasan - Sanctuary Posts: 217 Arc User
edited March 2009 in Venomancer
Well, I took advantage of the last hours of the snowmen, and leveled all my beetles evenly. Here's the results:

Jaden Qinfu (43) [level 1 start]
HP 1459 attk 0.8 move 6.0
Phys Def 3685 Mag Def 3118
Dam 898 Att 633 Evade 498
starts with Boost level 1 (8% self heal)

Pent Beetle King (43) [level 3 start]
HP 1452 attk 0.8 move 6.0
Phys Def 3668 Mag Def 3386
Dam 894 Att 577 Evade 546
starts with Toughness level 1, Bash Level 1

Hep Beetle (43) [level 2 start]
HP 1456 attk 0.8 move 6.0
Phys Def 3676 Mag Def 3394
Dam 896 Att 578 Evade 547
starts with Toughness level 1
main advantage though is he never grows, stays rather small

Mainly I use the King when I need a tank, since he has bash, but I am pondering buying the skills for Hep, and making him my main tank. I really like the fact he is small, and seems he is getting the better stats all around.

also working on a level 4 turtle (43), starter scorp (43), and comparing the 34 foxwing (39) and my level 8 sawfly (43). Seems the foxwing has some serious growth so far. Will report those findings when I can log in again.
Oishasan
Light Armor build, Support Cleric

Kenmei
Barbarian, feral build

amale
Arcane Veno
Beetle Wrangler
Post edited by Oishasan - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Quarka - Heavens Tear
    Quarka - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Do they actually grow in size? I never had any of these beetles. Thanks!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    im surprised that the lvl 2 beetle had better stats all around than the lvl 1... no much for the theory that lower lvl same class pets have better stats than higher tamed ones b:surrenderb:sadb:cry

by the way can u tell me which of the lvl 1 qingfu are better or do they have the same stats, i mean the ones from lost, etherblade, and plume.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    im surprised that the lvl 2 beetle had better stats all around than the lvl 1... no much for the theory that lower lvl same class pets have better stats than higher tamed ones b:surrenderb:sadb:cry

There are several different types of beetles with different starting stats and growth stats. The "lower level is better" rule only applies to creatures of the same type - i.e. with the same picture in your pet bag.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    actually went and bought bash 1 and 2 for the Hep beetle, I must say it's a treat for him to tank as well as he does and be able to target anything anywhere.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How about Phys.Atk? You didn't list it anywhere, would like to know =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    also working on a level 4 turtle (43)

You probably mean a level 5 turtle? (Or can you tell me where I can find level 4s?)
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Heh, I remember you posting this stuff somewhere else! This'll be a fun board to keep up with. I myself have a Jaden Qingfu on my hybrid veno. Do you think you could level a magmite to compare it to these? And, what am I missing on these stats? It looks like the qingfu has the highest of all stats but evasion, doesn't that make it better?
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Dam = Accuracy,
    changed what I misunderstood, it reflects Att correctly now.

The turtle is a Shallowhirl, possibly could be 5 (can't log in to check), though I do recall seeing a rare level 4 swimming by Ether one day, I was doing something at the time, but worth saying it exists, name is different, but looks the same. Though at 44 he was over 4k phys defense, and close to the same mag, I listed his 43 stats in another thread.

Jaden seems to have higher phys def at this time, and higher acc, but...
    she gets hit more often, and her mag defense isn't as strong. This could change by level 90 of course, but the other 2 tend to 'tank' better vs all sorts (mag and phys) at this time.

I may level a magmite, but there's so many around, I figure I could just ask someone the stats, lol. i really like trying the 'other' pets for now and finding the gems in the rough.

I actually found a cactus today and tamed it (starter 13) got him to 32 before servers blew up. It's a very unique pet, ranged and slows, the perfect kiting partner. He is actually hitting hard, and able to take a punch so far, we will see later.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No the Damage stat is Accuracy. Attack is attack.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Correct, I just was able to log in and was double checking it, then you beat me to me editing my mistake,
    b:shocked
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Spellbind - Lost City
    Spellbind - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Check out this site for the stats of a bunch of pets at level 90. The beetle actually is a very good tank. It has a little less physical defence but better health and magic defense. But it has about a third less attack and even though it attacks .2 faster than the golem, its not enough to match the golem. But overall, for anyone who really hates the golem, the beetle is the tank for you.... It would be bad for keeping aggro though unless you boost its skills with something really good which would end up costing you a lot.

Edit: The beetle is also a tiny bit faster moving than the golem which is very useful if you get ganked.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I've seen a few sites, including a beta one where the Jaden Quinfu was the number 1 stat pet, behind phoenix/herc.

But as in any game, devs can change things past beta.

My main issue with the golem is he is not what I would consider a tank.
    A tank is a meat shield, it can take a beating from any source, and keep on ticking...while never losing aggro from it's target, and being able to do this vs multiple targets.
    The beetles I have raised, have incredible resists and hp, and have tanked all the bosses up to Chin so far, without losing aggro.. and myself going full bore to try and gain it at times. Yes you will have to upgrade skills, but that's with any pet.

Golems are extremely weak against magic, I use them to level my pets up on since I can 1-shot them (orchid village). Call it irony.

If you want to talk dps/attack of the golem, then you aren't talking about tanking, and there are clearly better dps pets available.

Pets are a personal preference in the end, but I am going to great lengths to show Venos they do not have to be pigeon-holed into using certain pets, and there are many, many choices.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Saxira - Heavens Tear
    Saxira - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i am lvling a beetle now and will tell ya his stats when it reaches lvl 60+
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Yes! We need unique-ness. Everybody has bunnies, golems, and foxwings. But there are plenty of other good pets out there! I think perhaps I'll train a heptastral beetle or something. I'll train my Long horned Molten Carapest I just bought, and post how that goes. Maybe train one of the purple newbie Lynxuses as well.
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I have one of those lynxes, it's kinda like a mix between the starter scorp and a sawfly so far.
    He kills fast, and can evade alot before he gets hit. Still waiting to get to 50 before reporting on all of it, he's 38 atm.

The 2 pets I keep my level are the scorp and Hep beetle. My turtle, then flyers next, then the others I do my best on, til I level, then rinse repeat.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • haku
    haku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Golems are extremely weak against magic, I use them to level my pets up on since I can 1-shot them (orchid village). Call it irony.

When u tame a mob, the pet version has different stats than the mob version. I sometimes see people trying to rip-off others by trying to sell them Darkbreed Wolfkin (I think that's roughly the exact name :P), an elite mob outside of the Beastkin FB19 cave at a very high price. Those wolves may be very tough as enemy mobs, but they are not that different from other pet wolves once u tame them and make them into a pets. If fact, you're probably better off with your starter wolf than the darkbreed. Those golems that you can 1-shot are earth mobs, which are weak against your wood attacks. I love to lvl on them too, them and other earth mobs like gnomes and such. Pets seem to loose there elemental attributes once tamed too. I never tested it out but I never noticed my pets being weaker to a particular elemental attack.

~~~~
    I tried out the aggro skill "roar" on my golem recently. Just did fb59 tonight with some guildies. One of the archers, who was about 15 lvls higher than the fb stole aggro from the tank on a boss. I used roar(lvl 1) and it generated enough hate that the boss ignored both the archer and the barb that was trying to steal back aggro (and everyone else) and attacked my golem instead. So I'm pretty happy with roar atm. you might want to try it out if you're worried about ur tank-pet loosing aggro.
  • Saxira - Heavens Tear
    Saxira - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i lvled the hex beetle till lvl 40 and i am very disappointed at the low damage that the beetle do...
    i prefer much more my frog as an alternative to my golem and lately frogs are much cheaper than before at Heavens Tear ,you can find them at 300-350k .
    So if you want something different than the golem and the kowlin go for a froggy...

What i want to try when i have the mood again is the Jaden Qingfu,from what i see at http://www.ecatomb.net/petstat.php it have more hp than my frog,slightly more damage,more phys def but lacks magical defense...
    But it still has much more magic defense than the golems..
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    Not having a dps issue with my Hep beetle...
    at 47, he hits in the 600s (mobs his level and greater), but he isn't there for dps, to be honest. He is TANK, which is about holding aggro and his ability to survive what aggro he holds, though I did give him bash 2.
    I have yet to have a situation where he cannot hold aggro off of me even with multiple mobs, and survive easily.

The Quinfu is a good beetle too, but she is still a beetle, and if Hep disappointed you in the dps category, Quinfu will as well. Beetles are just not dps pets.
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I like my Prickly Oddfoot Pup....
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've noticed that one nice pet I have is the diabolic jester. It's a higher leveled version of the other carapests like in the human fb19 (I probably would have gone with one of those but at lvl 40 I had never done a human fb, lol) (It comes at lvl 30 on a cliff outside of the City of the Lost in the Dragon Wilderness). It's great against magic mobs, and it has a high evade so mobs miss it quite often. I have a golem as well, and I still love him to death. His size and bulkiness does get annoying at times, but I can deal with it. The only real problem I see with my carapest is that it has trouble holding an aggo, but I'll probably get him bash or some other skill to help him with that. Also, just because it's more of a magic tank doesn't mean it can't take physical attacks too, I just have to heal him a bit more to deal with such attacks. Anyway, it's a great pet, if I remember I'll right down his stats and post them. b:pleased
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Good to know, a 5x friend of mine recently gave me one of those, I'm planning on switching out my carapest terror for it when I hit level 30 (It's elite so it'll be better, right?), then posting the terror's stats.
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It is a great little magic tank-- my diabolic jester lvl 61's stats are:
    HP- 1649
    Physical Resist- 4609
    Damage- 1000
    Physical Attack- 1023
    Magic Resist- 5762
    Evade- 1000

These are the stats for my lvl 61 crystaline magmite:
    HP- 1992
    Physical Resist- 5892
    Damage- 919
    Physical Attack- 1658
    Magic Resist- 3928
    Evade- 681

So, my magmite usually hits enemies its own level about 1k per hit, while my diabolic jester hits enemies its own level about 600 pet hit. He still does really well against magic mobs though.
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Here are the stats of my Verdant Qingfu (a.k.a Ziggy) at level 70:

HP: 2336
    Attack: 1393
    Accuracy: 1438
    Evasion: 798
    Phy. Defense: 6025
    Mag. Defense: 5098
    Speed (for those who want to know): 6.3 meters/sec
    Retired b:bye
  • Oishasan - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    ALL HAIL ZIGGY!!

b:victory
    Oishasan

Kenmei
    Barbarian, feral build

amale
    Arcane Veno
    Beetle Wrangler
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    ALL HAIL ZIGGY!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2953hcm.jpg
  • jingoku
    jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Is there any chance that anyone who's leveling a beetle has a Tuskmoor in the same level range? I'm awfully curious as to how the two compare at even levels. I haven't been able to test it myself personally but based on bobbeh's post here it appears that Tuskmoors are underrated tank pets as well.
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    jingoku wrote: »
    Is there any chance that anyone who's leveling a beetle has a Tuskmoor in the same level range? I'm awfully curious as to how the two compare at even levels. I haven't been able to test it myself personally but based on bobbeh's post here it appears that Tuskmoors are underrated tank pets as well.

Plainswalker Tuskmoor

Level 18
    HP :: 623
    Attack :: 163
    Accuracy :: 416
    Attack/Sec :: 0.6
    P. Def :: 1345
    M. Def :: 1345
    Speed :: 7.0
    Evasion :: 213

Starting Abilities :: Bash 1, Icicle 1

Quadrastral Beetle King

Level 18
    HP :: 640
    Attack :: 138
    Accuracy :: 393
    Attack/Sec :: 0.8
    P. Def :: 1501
    M. Def :: 1385
    Speed :: 5.8
    Evasion :: 240

Starting Abilities :: Tough 1 Bash 1

I'll let you analyze that. The attack stat is at Tame, or 100%.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    BTW, if you want the Heptastral Beetle (that doesn't grow with level) but don't want to pay for bash, the Nonastral Beetle King looks like it uses the same growth chart. It starts at level 9, so its stats are a few points worse, but it comes with bash 2 so will save you about half a million coin. It's also a very pretty deep blue color, not the faded azure/aquamarine of the Hep Beetle.
  • jingoku
    jingoku Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Plainswalker Tuskmoor

Level 18
    HP :: 623
    Attack :: 163
    Accuracy :: 416
    Attack/Sec :: 0.6
    P. Def :: 1345
    M. Def :: 1345
    Speed :: 7.0
    Evasion :: 213

Starting Abilities :: Bash 1, Icicle 1

Quadrastral Beetle King

Level 18
    HP :: 640
    Attack :: 138
    Accuracy :: 393
    Attack/Sec :: 0.8
    P. Def :: 1501
    M. Def :: 1385
    Speed :: 5.8
    Evasion :: 240

Starting Abilities :: Tough 1 Bash 1

I'll let you analyze that. The attack stat is at Tame, or 100%.

Wow thanks, you rock. Also thanks to everyone to contributed to this thread, there's a lot of great info here. b:thanks
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    ok, here's the update on my Verdant Qingfu (Ziggy)'s stats after 5 levels (75):

HP: 2336 >>> 2499
    Attack: 1393 >>> 1564
    Accuracy: 1438 >>> 1538
    Evasion: 798 >>> 854
    Phy. Defense: 6025 >>> 6458
    Mag. Defense: 5098 >>> 5465
    Speed: still at 6.3 meters/sec

anyone has a lvl 75 golem they would be willing to compare stats with?