PVE or PVP

2»

Comments

• turonga
    turonga Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh look another carebear with the same BS! Your depictions are, as with all the carebears, WRONG

On the PVE server I depict large groups of people sitting in meditation and talking about ****. Like anime!

How does this prove at all that I'm even a carebear, its something I would do if I was a high level in a pvp world so if I would do it what makes you think that no one else would.

And you left out one important part! we gather around the campfire and sing kumbaya.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    turonga wrote: »
    How does this prove at all that I'm even a carebear, its something I would do if I was a high level in a pvp world so if I would do it what makes you think that no one else would.

And you left out one important part! we gather around the campfire and sing kumbaya.

Because I'm in LC and I know for a fact that you're talking out of your ****. The 9x in our guild don't have the TIME to do that **** even if they wanted to >.>
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009

What's funny about that is I did run into groups of people sitting down and signing songs you would sing at a campfire on Heaven's Tear.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Because I'm in LC and I know for a fact that you're talking out of your ****. The 9x in our guild don't have the TIME to do that **** even if they wanted to >.>

Please testify as to why they do not have the time to do this.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let's put it this way, PvE servers you don't have to put up with people like Mua who thinks that all the people not in the same server are fuzzy teddybears who shoot rainbows out of their stomachs.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh if ur a veno ur pet gets to **** rainbows!
    PVE is da best!!!

(pvp players are a little insecure about their server and need to trash talk the pve server to feel better)
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Please testify as to why they do not have the time to do this.

Clue: It's not cause they're in teaparties
    Let's put it this way, PvE servers you don't have to put up with people like Mua who thinks that all the people not in the same server are fuzzy teddybears who shoot rainbows out of their stomachs.

IMMA CHARGIN MAH RAINBOWS
    Oh if ur a veno ur pet gets to **** rainbows!
    PVE is da best!!!

(pvp players are a little insecure about their server and need to trash talk the pve server to feel better)

Damn straight. That's totally right. Nothing to do with being pissed off at the abysmal amount of people who hide away in PVE, some of whom do so because of lies started by PVE players. You should be a detective guv'nor.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Phospho - Heavens Tear
    Phospho - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Every game I've played withn a PvP server the players are always, "you need thick skin for PvP". Yet anytime someone says anything remotely negative about the server they get all butt hurt like you shot thier cat or something.

Playes who PK are NOT better then those that choose not to. They just play differently thats all...
  • turonga
    edited January 2009

I'm not them, I have much time for use. And I would do it, all I said was in the sky, waiting, watching...what is the insult there? I mean if I were bored in a world like that I would go pvp hunting myself. To tell you the truth a server like yours has a pretty awsome feature.
  • turonga
    edited January 2009
    What's funny about that is I did run into groups of people sitting down and signing songs you would sing at a campfire on Heaven's Tear.

Lol, wow, so it really happens XD just brings 1 more fact into the book of PvE.
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I'm not them, I have much time for use. And I would do it, all I said was in the sky, waiting, watching...what is the insult there? I mean if I were bored in a world like that I would go pvp hunting myself. To tell you the truth a server like yours has a pretty awsome feature.

Good for you >.>
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Playes who PK are NOT better then those that choose not to. They just play differently thats all...

That's the main problem I see with some of the LC posters here...

I use to play pvp, but once I actually got into higher levels I realized that it's all about who is willing to spend the most money for charms, dolls, and what not. Rolled to PvE and now I'm cool.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh great another thread where PvP server people and PvE server people scream at one another and say "we are better than you stfu".

Fact... It's a game you morons. STFU and go play and have some fun, geeze!

Saitada
  • Hederamas - Lost City
    Hederamas - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Oh great another thread where PvP server people and PvE server people scream at one another and say "we are better than you stfu".

Saitada

AGREED!!

hey even RQ are out there to have some fun, allbeit not to everyones liking. but its all for poops and giggles! (even rainbow ones)
    A Faction With a Difference, Nakatomi!
    xfire.com/clans/nakatomi
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Saitada

Mmmk. I'll bite. I'm (obviously) on the PvP server. Show me where I said (look back on page the first if you tl;dr'ed the thread) we're better. I simply stated that there is a degree of truth to the PvE fearmongering, though they blow it out of proportion. Most of the LC replies have been along the same lines, just with the (relatively normal) tendency to be phrased in a confrontational manner.

I can count the number of times I've been PKed on Fintan on a single hand. (Again, not an invite, guys. I have some questing to do these next few days. b:laugh) And that includes an RQ (I forget who now, sorry) who thought it'd be fun to one-shot me a couple of times and then help me with a quest. Hell, I even found it amusing at the time. (Note, I'm not so easy to one-shot these days. b:chuckle) But, note that even that time (outside Secret Passage, yes...), I managed to get my quest done faster than otherwise.

In my opinion, not only do you lose out on a facet of gameplay on a PvE server, you also are ill-prepared for other facets. (Such as TW...) And cooperating in a squad to kill multiple human-controlled (and therefore error-prone, strategic, and otherwise thinking) targets potentially makes killing the boring static mobs easier, due to the simple fact that to survive, you have to konw how to communicate with your squad effectively. You don't simply lose the ability to communicate when you stop fighting other players. I've noticed repeatedly that (as a rule) the more active one is in PvP, the more talkative in squad chat. I suspect this is not an accidental correlation.

But that's fine for lots of people. I'm not going to judge people on whether they want to choose the carebear or angrybear server. If they want to (for example) play at the most leisurely possible pace, and never have to interact with other players, that's their own choice. And those players would feel out of place on Lost City. Just like lots of Lost City would feel out of place on the other servers.

And in RE: my comment that I believed that LC was the most populous, I've seen no evidence to the contrary still. Server load is irrelevant. Who is to say that all 3 servers are identical hardware? Perhaps they anticipated a larger number of PvP players and built a beefier server for that reason? Speculation can run rampant; I'm ignoring anything other than verifiable numbers (or qualitative statements from those in a position to give authoritative information).
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Any player in his or her right mind should probably start out on a PvE server (if one is available) when starting any new game until they familiarize themselves with the PvP system in that particular game.

One little tidbit of information(if correct) that may disuade someone from PvPing at all in this game is that gear and items may be dropped even while whitenamed(though the chance may be extremely low) or when defending against someone trying to PK you.....
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Blah. ....
  • turonga
    edited January 2009
    Clue: It's not cause they're in teaparties

Yea, obviously we know their not in teaparties. Please give several reasons as to why they don't have time, if their adults then of course they have jobs and I understand that but if its any other reason lay it on meh.
  • turonga
    edited January 2009

Saitada

Its what is in our nature in a sense; its only human, its a consequence for being intellegient and sophistacated orgasnisms, argueing.
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Yea, obviously we know their not in teaparties. Please give several reasons as to why they don't have time, if their adults then of course they have jobs and I understand that but if its any other reason lay it on meh.

Territory Wars, PVP (includes random clashes, trying to keep enemies off a good grind spot or just patrolling pvp hotspots, seeking a good fight), HH, Farming Pots, Solo levelling and Grind parties. But those are just the things I know about.

Oh and there's also the daily run around stuff like Crazy Stone, World Quests and the Cube of Fate.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror