PVE or PVP

connord
connord Posts: 42 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
I am not sure whitch I want to pick PVE or PVP. Can anybody give me the pros and cons of PVE and PVP???
Post edited by connord on

Comments

• Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    They are the exact same thing in the end with just one difference.

In PvP server, anyone can kill you at anytime they want. Expect to see level 90s killing you when you are level 30, they'll do it over and over and over just to make sure you can't level and ever compete with them.

In PvE server you can choose to not participate in that, or you can if you want.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    PVP is also more expensive. You'll need dolls and charms to be able to keep your gear or be able to survive longer. But on the other hand, it's a good alternative activity to just grinding all the time when you're higher up.

With PVE, people can talk **** to you all they want, and you can't do a damn thing about it if they have PVP turned off.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    And, as a rule, if you're not a dipwad, you'll not notice much overall difference in gameplay on PvP. That is, unless you opt in to being noticed automatically by other people who enjoy PKing. (One truly does "opt in" when they make a habit of running around with a pink/red name due to PKing other players!)

Sure, Lost City is known for having factions like RQ camping out in "barely 30" areas. But, you learn to deal with that. They either bore of you after a while, or you do some other quests for a bit. (Yay DQs!)

And, of course, you can make a list of people who irritate you (I say that you shouldn't start on a list before your FB19 though... b:laugh). Then, when you get some levels under your belt, vengenance is yours! b:pleased

My understanding is that Lost City is the most populous server. This has the advantage that you can more easily find squads for the tougher quests and bosses. It also is an advantage that since no one (over level 30) has a blue name, you can tell overly-leveled noobs quicker. b:chuckle (Yes, I've met level 60 noobs, even... "I just got a new skill that says something about a spark. What monsters drop those?")
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Ell_Diablo - Heavens Tear
    Ell_Diablo - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Okay thanks.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Actually out of all 3 servers, Lost City has the least number of players in it.
    Main characters
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Actually out of all 3 servers, Lost City has the least number of players in it.

Huh, really? Didn't realize that. I'm pretty sure that all of the servers are still underpopulated in comparison to "that PW version which shall not be named". But, where do you see population numbers? I tried looking before posting and couldn't find any.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    But, where do you see population numbers? I tried looking before posting and couldn't find any.

When you connect to the game, you can see a population status indicator in the window where you choose your server to connect to.

I never saw lost city status as "high", while it happens with Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear.

As for the question asked : If you like living in a risky environment where everyone above level 30 can attack you and you can attack everyone over level 30, then the PvP server is for you.

If you like to play in a safer environment where no one can attack you unless you choose to, then one of the PvE servers is best suited for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Alrydian - Sanctuary
    Alrydian - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    connord wrote: »
    I am not sure whitch I want to pick PVE or PVP. Can anybody give me the pros and cons of PVE and PVP???

I used to play on a PvP server on wow, I enjoyed the thrill and excitement of never knowing when I was going to get attacked by another player. It made it difficult to complete a lot of my quests as high level players from the other faction camp a lot of the quest locations. But when I levelled up I got my own back which is fun, but also there was some good opportunities to test your skills against the other side in group PvP at high level.

Just starting out in PW i've chosen PvE to give me time to learn the game and get some experience before I will most definately go on the PvP servers.

Hope that helps b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    In Arduis Fidelis
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In PvP server, anyone can kill you at anytime they want. Expect to see level 90s killing you when you are level 30, they'll do it over and over and over just to make sure you can't level and ever compete with them.

Total BS. Don't talk about our server when you don't know anything about it, kthnx.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Total BS. Don't talk about our server when you don't know anything about it, kthnx.

I have characters in lost city thank you.b:chuckle
    They do the same thing in heavens tear. Sit near fb 29 and kill anyone they see all day every day. They did that in closed beta as well.

Though I admit I recently deleted all my lost city characters. I got sick of players that were so weak they had to kill low levels because they could not handle anyone in their level range. I don't want to play on a server with such weak players.
    Main characters
  • Transcend - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Zoe, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Srsly.
    I mean, I know people who camp Fb29 (done it a few times myself) but it's never entirely a slaughter of noobs. We get people of our own level who are either called by friends or are just there who try to fight us there. Hell, one morning we were there and all of CQ's elites decided to join us... needless to say our butts were a little sore after that. It's just an easy spot to pick up some PvP, just like swamps
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    I have characters in lost city thank you.b:chuckle
    They do the same thing in heavens tear. Sit near fb 29 and kill anyone they see all day every day. They did that in closed beta as well.

Though I admit I recently deleted all my lost city characters. I got sick of players that were so weak they had to kill low levels because they could not handle anyone in their level range. I don't want to play on a server with such weak players.

Typical carebear ****. Yes, RQ are idiots but they do NOT kill you "over and over again just to make sure you can't level and ever compete with them." Lost City has more higher levels than HT- FACT

Oh, and before you say "No but those are the high levels they dont have to worry about being killed" I should point out that LC players manage to juggle PVP, TW, HH, farming pots for PVP and TW, and STILL find time to level. You probably got killed in FB29, were stupid enough to go back straight away, got killed again and emoquit the server. Happens all the time, yes, but that's why all the high levels in LC are so good, because we can deal with dying now and then. So don't try to throw around your silly stereotypical opinions of Lost City, let someone who actually made it to 60+ give newbies a description of what it's like.
    Quoted for truth.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    The only reason people try to level so fast is so they can be the ones killing the lower levels rather than the one getting killed all the time. The leveling is artificial.
    Main characters
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    The only reason people try to level so fast is so they can be the ones killing the lower levels rather than the one getting killed all the time. The leveling is artificial.

Oooooooooooookay and your stupidity just passed "Ridiculously dumb" and hit "Troll". Enjoy making up silly theories, we can do them too look.

"The reason HT players are so **** at levelling despite not having to worry about PVP is because they spend all their time talking and duelling and have crappy gear".
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Why do you think everyone wants a new pvp server so badly? So they can rush to the top and be the pkers.

Personally, I do not want to level fast. I take my time on games. If I hit the max level I get bored and leave regardless of the game or how good the pvp is. There is nothing left to do.
    Main characters
  • Auraelia - Lost City
    Auraelia - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Umm, lol at Zoe.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    oooooooooooookay And Your Stupidity Just Passed "ridiculously Dumb" And Hit "troll".

Lmao!!!!!!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Makes me wonder how you would do on true hardcore pvp that another mmo has.

You lose exp when you get pked.

If you have a red name:

You drop things and there is nothing you can do about it.
    You can't fly
    You can't enter a safe area becuase of the NPC guards that will 1 shot you.
    If you do manage to get to a town you can't use any of the NPCs.
    You will be chased by half the server almost all of the time.
    If you die or teleport you always go to the exact same spot, which is not safe. There players will camp you and kill you over and over and over until you drop everything you have and there is nothing you can do about it.

Can you handle pvp when you can't get away from the consequences with the cash shop? Thats what I come from.

Oh, forgot to mention, you can also de-level in that game.
    Main characters
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009

If you have a red name:

You can't fly
    If you die or teleport you always go to the exact same spot, which is not safe. There players will camp you and kill you over and over and over until you drop everything you have and there is nothing you can do about it.

Can you handle pvp when you can't get away from the consequences with the cash shop? Thats what I come from.

That's not a true pvp game.
    That's just a game that completely ridicules pvping.
    Huge difference. Perfect world is better simply because the server actually does less to discourage pvp. What's a pvp game if the entire game is locked out to you once you kill someone? Pvp? More like... "Kill someone and the game will hate you" more than "Kill someone, and that player will try and kill you back". What you're talking about is Player versus Game NPCs.

Stop talking about our server as if you know a lot, please.
    If the server really was as bad as you stated it to be, then there wouldn't be that many high levels in the server.

I've only been pked about 7 - 8 times for the past 47 levels.
    I don't think that slows down my leveling at all.
    The servers still great. Besides, most of the time that I'm pked, I'm near a town. Does it matter? I click "Go to Town" and in less than a minute I'm back to grinding.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lol..these pvp people make me laugh.

How can you compare PVP with PVE? Just because we dont level as much doesnt mean we're dumb. That also doesnt mean we have crappy armor and gear. Its a different kind of way to enjoy the game just like how you guys prefer to kill each other and say 'OH YEAH YOUz NOOBz gotz kilLz byz mes' Let just leave the fact that we all have our different ways to enjoy a game and dont discriminate. and yes call me carebear, but I'm always almost in PK mode. b:bye

^__^ the end
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    You just can't handle consequences to your pks. You want to do it and have nothing happen to you. Its like real life, you kill someone, you pay for it, big time.
    Main characters
    edited January 2009

If you have a red name:

You can't fly

I like how this is set up. if a PVP server was set up this way i'd join it. It sounds fun and makes Red Name even better to have even with harsher consquences. This is how it should be. It doesnt necessarily mean it'll stop people from PKing, it'll just show the true heroes of PVP who rise up to the challenge and KILL KILL KILL ! lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I like how this is set up. if a PVP server was set up this way i'd join it. It sounds fun and makes Red Name even better to have even with harsher consquences. This is how it should be. It doesnt necessarily mean it'll stop people from PKing, it'll just show the true heroes of PVP who rise up to the challenge and KILL KILL KILL ! lol.

There is a LOT of pk in that game as well. Its only for the people who are truly pkers and can handle what happens when you kill a player. Makes having a red name all that much more fun.
    Main characters
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You just can't handle consequences to your pks. You want to do it and have nothing happen to you. Its like real life, you kill someone, you pay for it, big time.

Last I remember, this isn't real life.
    I forget, why do we play games for? Why don't you explain it to me.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There is a LOT of pk in that game as well. Its only for the people who are truly pkers and can handle what happens when you kill a player. Makes having a red name all that much more fun.

None of your points make -any- sense.
    This game has pretty dire consequences for PK, which can be prevented by spending more money on the CS.

We pay to PK. If you don't like it, then play a PvE server.

With that said, Killing people is too much fun to be in a PvE server. PK/World PvP is a nice break from the grind :P
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    None of your points make -any- sense.
    This game has pretty dire consequences for PK, which can be prevented by spending more money on the CS.

We pay to PK. If you don't like it, then play a PvE server.

With that said, Killing people is too much fun to be in a PvE server. PK/World PvP is a nice break from the grind :P

Dire consequences in this game? I've been red name in this game and found none. What might those be?

Dire consequences does not mean paying 30 cents to not drop your gear.
    Main characters
  • turonga
    turonga Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hmm, in pvp server I depict a lot of high levels in the sky, hiding, waiting, watching....
    edited January 2009
    ahahah turoga..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    turonga wrote: »
    Hmm, in pvp server I depict a lot of high levels in the sky, hiding, waiting, watching....

Oh look another carebear with the same BS! Your depictions are, as with all the carebears, WRONG

On the PVE server I depict large groups of people sitting in meditation and talking about ****. Like anime!
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror