In game weddings/getting married?

Comments

• Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    peregryn wrote: »
    Laughs, when you think about it, Marriage is supposed to be a serious commitment you enter into after due thought, $60 is not out of line and if you think that is to much (or your $30 of it anyway) maybe you should ask yourself if you 'want' to seek marriage.

This game is not real life so the prices are outrageous for the wedding, even in todays economy.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sereniama - Heavens Tear
    Sereniama - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well The Marriage Packs Don't Have To Be So Expensive Why Not Make Them 5 Dollars D: More People Will Probably Buy Them Or So Dunno.. I'm Just Suggesting.

$12 dollars is fine with me. $5 dollars will make it a RuneScape #3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sou Sou Moutoku = The most badass **** in Anime History. Never diss Kohime Musou or die.
  • Eileenpad - Heavens Tear
    Eileenpad - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    $12 dollars is fine with me. $5 dollars will make it a RuneScape #3

True True...
    Venomancer From Heaven's Tear

Hey Mr. Wonderful!!! I Love GIR b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm Just A Cat Girl With Alot Of Sugar.^^
  • Dele - Lost City
    Dele - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For the love of Jesus! If i see one more person say that 60 DOLLARS is outragous I will bite there head off. YOU ONLY PAY HALF OF THAT and your Spuse pays the Other half so its 30 dollars <--- Still crazy but not as bad
  • FoxDancing - Lost City
    FoxDancing - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    no, WonderLandOnline is really expensive-to me, the prices here are far more reasonable, though still hard for those of us who are low income
    FoxDancing
    @-&gt;~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *...foxes dance across the hilltops by moonlight...*
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    30 bucks, meh, i already have a dress i'll just stick with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • Nicecat - Lost City
    Nicecat - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    only wierdos marryb:thanks
  • Xest - Sanctuary
    Xest - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My question is...does being married give you any perks in the game? Does anyone know? I'm curious.
  • magicboy7111
    magicboy7111 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You can buy gold with ingame money????

Yes. One gold is about 120k coins ingame. Its a gold exchange where ZEN buyers sell their gold for ingame money. However, even so, would you be willing to pay about 70 mil for a wedding?
  • EriQween - Lost City
    EriQween - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lol. 60$ to get married on a game b:laugh
  • Plarzay - Sanctuary
    Plarzay - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    How If $30 outragous... man If you can spare $30 then you don't wanna get married enough!
    I Can do magic me! b:laugh
  • magicboy7111
    magicboy7111 Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Its outrageous because its a game, not a real life wedding. And the only thing that happens when you get "married" is your names appear on each other's character profiles and your "marriage" gets announced.
  • Froggie - Heavens Tear
    Froggie - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    im in england and the recession has hit us really hard here thousands of people out of work and losing their homes. if the makers of this game think we can afford these ridiculous prices for the saleable items they need to see a shrink!
  • LostInfo - Sanctuary
    LostInfo - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At $30 or $60 marriage sux. Think I'll just stick to promiscuity.
  • AllMightyMag - Lost City
    AllMightyMag - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    me and my girl played hard to lvl 20 to get married and now they want 60 $
    b:angry
    b:thanks
    5uck this stupid game
  • Oldbear - Sanctuary
    Oldbear - Sanctuary Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Interesting if it would cost 5 bucks then - "Wow let's get married, you're more than anything to me."

But at 60 bucks it's suddenly "Come on, I'm not gonna spend that much on her, it's just the game people, she doesn't mean THAT much to me!"
  • Scias - Lost City
    Scias - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes. One gold is about 120k coins ingame. Its a gold exchange where ZEN buyers sell their gold for ingame money. However, even so, would you be willing to pay about 70 mil for a wedding?

70 mil...? You should really think before posting next time, or at the very least use a calculator. If its 120k per gold coin in game it would only cost 7.2 million to marry not 70 mil...and the whole marriage thing is optional, you don't have to do it, its not like your being forced to do it so stop b!@#$ing about it. If your playing with your girlfriend irl or something and you can't even spend 30 bucks each on each other then you should probally question your commitment to each other irl. Oh and don't respond with stuff like,

"Its outrageous because its a game, not a real life wedding. And the only thing that happens when you get "married" is your names appear on each other's character profiles and your "marriage" gets announced."

Why? You just answered your own question, if its just a game to you and you know the only benefit is that it gets announced and the other person's name appears next to yours then DON'T GET MARRY...

*for 60 bucks a gm in perfect world can be fed for a week
  • Torameiyo - Sanctuary
    Torameiyo - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hello everyone i am Torameiyo,

I have spent the time to read this whole thread about the marriage situation. This our story. Torameiyo (me) and Inorishi (gf) have played many mmorpg's form 2moons, Cabal Online, Rohan Blood feud, etc. We actually came to PWI just for the fact we could be intimate and have the option for marriage. The issue here is about LOVE b:dirty this thing that can make us lager than life or lower than earthworms, but we came here to experience a in game romance. Yes we all have money issues in every country around the world, but I really love Inorishi with all my heart and soul and that is what counts. If you can put a price on true love than thats grat for you, but for us, i am going to work hard to save money for the both of us to get married on PWI someday. Its the least i can do for the woman I love, if thats what we both agree we want. So look into your hearts to real see what is worth the money or not. We are just appreciative to be able to at least have the option. In closing, I want to invite all the people who want to see a PWI wedding to join us with ours. I personally invite all of you to attend, and thats from my heart to you. I really love PWI we have searched a very long time to find a good game to roll play our in game romance with adventure, friends, and faction that we call family. I wish you all well and look into your hearts. If you truly love someone is there any real boundary you will not overcome for them.

P.S. If you see us in game please say HI b:bye

Sincerely,
    Torameiyo (Barb) of the Alucard faction (family)
    Inorishi (Archer) of the Alucard faction (family)
    on the Sanctuary server
  • Inolandra - Lost City
    Inolandra - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @Torameiyo:

First off, congrats on finding yourself a woman who likes to play MMO/RPG's, you're a lucky guy(?).

Now, don't take this wrong or as insulting, but when you say you came to PWI so you could experience intimacy and romance in-game, why didn't you sign up for Second Life? Although much less a *game* and more... another life, there is a far more expanded (and some might say twisted, perverted, etc...) level of intimate interaction between consenting partners. I won't go into detail, but pretty much whatever you can think of, and beyond, is doable in Second Life.

Quite honestly, with a little creativity, just about any game out there can be intimate. And if all else fails, make a private/party chat channel and type your li'l cyber'in hearts out! As long as you aren't displaying unabashed affections for every nearby player to see, do as you will.

Again, congratulations on finding someone who enjoys the same kinds of games as you do, and who also is comfortable enough to RP your relationship as well. Just keep in mind that in this area, you're only limited by your imagination and creativity ;)

Sincerely.
  • Mysticfear - Heavens Tear
    Mysticfear - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    LOL LOL LOL oh my $60 im gonna go bankrupt oh dear thats so much rofl
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    if you aren't willing to pay your 30$ share of the wedding money than fine, but don't trash other people because they love each other enough to get married. b:angry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
  • fuzzles
    fuzzles Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Marriage is so much more than just a name over your head. You also get pop up messages reminding you to do the dishes and take in the trash. It's worth every cent.
    Everyone here is ridiculously oversensitive.
  • Ryaster - Sanctuary
    Ryaster - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    rappelz is awesome, anyway the price should be 3$ ea, or 100k in game money
  • Palatari - Sanctuary
    Palatari - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It will probably make people realize that even though it is a game peoples emotions are still real. Sometimes in-game 'relationships' can turn nasty. Unfortunately I've seen this happen especially when you can just 'marry' anyone at the flip of a coin.

Not only that it stops the game from becoming nauseating with folk running around bugging others to become their boyfriend/girlfriend

I fully support the cost. Like previous replies, it is going to make the two persons involved think twice before committing in a game.

However it does allow real life couples to show their love and commitment to each other in another extension of their lives.

Good luck to everyone who wants to do it.
  • dg32
    dg32 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    the games a waked up moronik device to get like 100thosend dollers big woop u can get coin to do the gold buyin duh u dont spend **** but take about 9 monthes
  • Erne - Heavens Tear
    Erne - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I think this game is good, if u dont want to spend money u dont have to, I do cause I can, anyways I'not paying a monthly fee, like some other MMORPG, game, so if u dont have money, first you are poor lol and then just play the game is for free, lol
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    meeku wrote: »
    I thought veno=female?

Many boys are using Veno characters. Which complicates the game a bit, :-)
  • diegolekach
    diegolekach Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It will probably make people realize that even though it is a game peoples emotions are still real. Sometimes in-game 'relationships' can turn nasty. Unfortunately I've seen this happen especially when you can just 'marry' anyone at the flip of a coin.

Not only that it stops the game from becoming nauseating with folk running around bugging others to become their boyfriend/girlfriend

I fully support the cost. Like previous replies, it is going to make the two persons involved think twice before committing in a game.

However it does allow real life couples to show their love and commitment to each other in another extension of their lives.

Good luck to everyone who wants to do it.

Amen.

Me and my girlfriend came to PWI from Second Life, where we met. We plan to meet in real life in late May. I really couldn't have said what you said any better myself.....the price keeps just anyone from having some short-lived marriage that will just create a lot of drama.

I will never spend any real money in this game, I'll be saving up coins for the marriage. I think if you really care about your significant other, then you'll be more than happy to take the time and effort to save up for a marriage x3
  • Elydoc - Heavens Tear
    Elydoc - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Are there any benefits from getting married? Maybe dropped pricing, or exp gain when couple is in a squad? Or is it just a lame title?
  • Nigello - Dreamweaver
    Nigello - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    My wife and I have enjoyed roleplaying since we met more than a decade ago. We used to buy books for different RP systems and costumes and props for LARPs, spending significant amounts of money. Basically, we are used to parting with our cash for games.

Since joining PWI, we have developed Elven characters who will go through a long, romantic (sometimes tragic) relationship including an in-game wedding. Spending this money is not about the in-game gifts or stats, but as a part of a rewarding storyline. I figure that for the amount of fun playing this game will have given us by then, a one-time donation of $60 is nothing.

Just my opinion, of course.
This discussion has been closed.