The Future

luverboy
luverboy Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
Really awesome game.
But the character selection will it ever be expanded to include more?
This game is alot of fun to play b:bye
Post edited by luverboy on

Comments

• Syndera - Sanctuary
    Syndera - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree. I would like to see a more diverse selection of many things. a 4th race (underworld maybe), more classes. More skills options. A skill list that allows for more unique characters. More skills could allow people to create different classes by simply choosing a different skill path.

The ability to create unique weopons and armor. The current equipment list is static. I can make items but, I cannot make them better than the shops or at least unique(speacilized) the currrent system is random.
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree. I would like to see a more diverse selection of many things. a 4th race (underworld maybe), more classes. More skills options. A skill list that allows for more unique characters. More skills could allow people to create different classes by simply choosing a different skill path.

The ability to create unique weopons and armor. The current equipment list is static. I can make items but, I cannot make them better than the shops or at least unique(speacilized) the currrent system is random.
    4 words.

This is not WoW.

If you wanted all of that go play WoW. This game is unique in its own ways :P...
    We wouldn't want a WoW clone.. would we?
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The game allows a diversity of stats AND skill builds so huge that i cant imagine the reason of you even suggesting that. Unlike many games, here you can make any sort of equipment combination, melee archers, melee clerics, barbarians wearing robes, etc.
    As for skills, up to lv80+, each person can freely choose what path of skill they will follow, they cant possibly max all skills until then. And past lv90, you start getting sage/demon skills, and you cant possibly buy ALL of them anytime before lv100, so again, every person will have different skills.
    The game allows a great diversity on builds, the people are the ones that choose to make their characters like everybody else.
    Legendary/Twilight Temple/FrostLand/Lunar Glade, all allow you to craft equipment different than the ones you make from craftsmen npcs. Most of those have fixed stats, and past lv80, you will have a varity of different gears to choose, or even make your own with random stats from craftsmen npcs.
    And crafted gear is ALWAYS better than shop gear.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    while the equipment list is static all the stuff you craft at blacksmith/tailor can have a pretty decent variety of bonuses on it typically 15-30 different bonuses and of course combinations of those
  • howdositfeel
    howdositfeel Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well lets see there are tanks, healers,archers,magicians,clerics and some other ones, now all they need are some warlocs, mages, shaman,rogues,and the # 1 will be Paladins. cause they will be able to be protection, holy healer,or DPS. hahahahahah!!!!! well it would make the game more fun with a paladin,,
    as far as gear will go a paladin can wear plate gear, the would have to make 3 sets of course. for healing,protection <tank>, and dps. well thats all i have for now..
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC] b:bye
  • Eislynn - Sanctuary
    Eislynn - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well lets see there are tanks, healers,archers,magicians,clerics and some other ones, now all they need are some warlocs, mages, shaman,rogues,and the # 1 will be Paladins. cause they will be able to be protection, holy healer,or DPS. hahahahahah!!!!! well it would make the game more fun with a paladin,,
    as far as gear will go a paladin can wear plate gear, the would have to make 3 sets of course. for healing,protection <tank>, and dps. well thats all i have for now..

Warlocks, mages, shaman, rogues, pallys? Wow, that's a major rip off from WoW. Not bothering to think about how crazy that might be, have you considered that even if they did implement those into PWI, they'd be sued their pants off by Blizzard Enterainment. PWI can go bye-bye with the game. xD

(If that was intended to be sarastic, I missed it. but yeah.)
    A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. -Robert Frost
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let's hope there even will be a future.

We might all die and stuff between now and then. You never know. b:bye
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Sepultavi - Heavens Tear
    Sepultavi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Warlocks, mages, shaman, rogues, pallys? Wow, that's a major rip off from WoW. Not bothering to think about how crazy that might be, have you considered that even if they did implement those into PWI, they'd be sued their pants off by Blizzard Enterainment. PWI can go bye-bye with the game. xD

actually those terms are NOT limited to use by WoW. theyre pretty generic. i began RPing with pen and paper (think D and D) games. to imply that WoW began those terms is just silly.

as for the customabilty of this game... it is what it is. every game has pros and cons. id say the character creation of this game is about mid range (ive seen a lot worse and better).

yes there are things id like to see different, but you cant expect the devs to fix this game when it isnt really broken.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I would be content with -slightly- higher rates, grinding for hours for maybe 10, 20% exp really is a downer, especially when people have jobs/very little leisure time but still want to play =/

Also, I notice the skills aren't very diverse, I'm a Cleric myself, and I notice that to get any skills I have to gain about 10~15 level intervals to gain new, more useful skills.
  • Dalliah - Heavens Tear
    Dalliah - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No no no... You can't have expanded character selection.....

Instead why not a 1000 inch plasma screen TV implemented into each city with MTV, Comedy Central and VH1 on it?
  • luverboy
    edited January 2009
    No no no... You can't have expanded character selection.....

Instead why not a 1000 inch plasma screen TV implemented into each city with MTV, Comedy Central and VH1 on it?

That doesn't seam like a perfect world.
    But I didn't mean really more classes I meant more races ?
    b:bye
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To create a new class or race, it has to be really different from the others. I think PW already has most (maybe all) possibilities. To keep it simple, there is a healer, a tank, a melee damage dealer, a magic damagedealer, a ranged physical damage dealer, and a solo class.

Unless you can give me an option for a really new class, I'm against your idea. I mean, whats the point in creating a new character, if it has the same role as an existing class.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To create a new class or race, it has to be really different from the others. I think PW already has most (maybe all) possibilities. To keep it simple, there is a healer, a tank, a melee damage dealer, a magic damagedealer, a ranged physical damage dealer, and a solo class.

Unless you can give me an option for a really new class, I'm against your idea. I mean, whats the point in creating a new character, if it has the same role as an existing class.

In general there's 6 MMO archetypes;
    Tank (tends to be physical in fantasy) <Barbarian>
    Healer (tends to be magical in fantasy) <Cleric>
    Ranged DPS "glass cannon" (can be both) <Archer & Wizard>
    Close DPS (can be both) <Blademaster>
    Pet class (often the "solo" job, can be both) <Venomancer>
    Buffer/Debuffer. (missing from PWI)

Now being that this is a fantasy game, Magic vs. physical division comes into play. Ths is very often done with the Range DPS archetype, In this case Wizard & Archer. I have played games in fantasy universes where this same division was done for close DPS, for instance, Blue Mages in FFXI were melee ranged magic damage dealers, could fire off alot of magic spells with very low MP & casting times with very very limited range supplimented by swords. Retribution Paladins (and possibly Death Knights) were close ranged magic DPS supplimented by sword in the WoW universe.

Also note the missing Archetype of buffer/debuffer. Yes every job in PWI has buffs and debuffs. The same was true in most other games i've played. however there's often a job which focuses to an even greater extent on strengthening themself & weaking the enemy, as their primary means of being able to fight 1 vs. 1. Those buffs & debuffs also made a much greater difference on fight when placed in a group context especially on boss fights. Thus allowing them both semi-soloability (like most PWI classes) and great group utility.

So in my oppinion, a fourth race could include a type of close ranged magic DPS job, and a buffer/debuffer archetype.
  • TrueNight - Lost City
    TrueNight - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Often adding a new class after launch of game will turn out bad,

developers try to get people really excited for new things and in the end sometimes end up making a class too good or broken somehow.

and especially since this is an F2p mmo

i say no new classes
  • ElMieda - Heavens Tear
    ElMieda - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Also note the missing Archetype of buffer/debuffer.

Personally I would consider a cleric a buffer and a venomancer(in fox form) a debuffer.
  • Syndera - Sanctuary
    Syndera - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My complaint about the equipment is for someone at my level. In the 30s i have very little to choose from. I simply thought more variety would be nice. For instance I have 1 bow I can buy for any given attribute level. There are 3 races and numerous blacksmiths. Being able to go to different blacksmiths and find slightly different weapons and armor would be nice. If for no other reason than my current bow is ugly. Race specific armor options would be nice too.

(I have never played WOW or any other MMORPG) My ideas come from good old fashioned RPGing. WOW did not invent the RPG or most of the ideas they use. If anyone did its Tolkien.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    My complaint about the equipment is for someone at my level. In the 30s i have very little to choose from. I simply thought more variety would be nice. For instance I have 1 bow I can buy for any given attribute level. There are 3 races and numerous blacksmiths. Being able to go to different blacksmiths and find slightly different weapons and armor would be nice. If for no other reason than my current bow is ugly. Race specific armor options would be nice too.

never get **** from blacksmiths, get stuff that drop via craft catshops or auction house while there may be 1 armor to choose from it often comes 1,2,or 3 star and has an assortment from a pool of 15-30 stat bonuses
  • luverboy
    edited January 2009
    Often adding a new class after launch of game will turn out bad,

developers try to get people really excited for new things and in the end sometimes end up making a class too good or broken somehow.

and especially since this is an F2p mmo

i say no new classes

Ok I agree with this . I like the work that is done on the classes. Warriors,Clerics,Damagers thats your basic classes and of cource the pet class. You can get crazy with classes but for the most part anything other than these are just a hybrid of them.

Older games would divide these further splitting there skills up to many classes and requiring more organization to get a full team of skills. And so it is cool to have balanced classes which have enough skills to properly fulfill there role.

But what about races we got cool ones to use now but I wonder will there ever be more like another mythical races.
    The character creation in perfect world is awesome but it would be even so much better if there was other races imo. But still way cool.
  • TrueNight - Lost City
    TrueNight - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I guess what would be okay is if they were to add new clases that did a lot of the roles that were already filled.

Like two types of classes that both did the mage thing

but slightly differently.

just to mix things up a little bit more.

That makes enough sense.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hate to be the party pooper here but FWIW, the chance of PWI ever including new classes is slim.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • ShadeKitty - Sanctuary
    ShadeKitty - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree with Dvorak. If you stop a second and go look at what other versions of PW have, that is probably closest to what we may get in the future. Players in any game really have very little say in large decisions such as classes. Besides imo we don't need any new classes as we are all pretty balanced atm, and with the party size being six, you can have one of each class and get the benefit of each class (in a perfect world anyway XD).

Now a few points I would like to touch on having read all the other posts.

1) Armor/weapon variety. While at the pre-60 levels the variety is rather slim, especialy if you don't have much in game money, you should be able to get to 35-38 without once actually grinding (assuming you don't party or die alot), and those levels really fly by if you know what you are doing. So yeah having alot of variety before that point is rather pointless imo as you will just outlevel that variety rather fast. By the time you get to the grind part of the game, you should have enough money saved up you can afford some of the legendaries or at least a good weapon you can stand to look at (for those of you who care what your weapon looks like...) Even then the grind doesn't really get long until 60+ where you get all sorts of options and you can have several different weapons if you want to.

2) The "missing" buffer/debuffer. As you said every class can buff and debuff to certain extent, archers have some DoTs, as do venos, BMs, Barbs, and mages (not sure about clerics, they are one class i can't stand to play). When all in a party together, each using their debuffs, then all the debuffs are there and it makes things that much easier, as long as they hit anyway. As for buffs Clerics have the main four that everyone should want, and once again almost every other class has a buff that can be given to others. Archers have the evasion buff, BMs have def, Barbs have hp and phys attack, venos have phys reflect. The only one left out iirc are mages who only have self buffs. So really not having a singular buffer/debuffer forces you to party with all the classes so you cna have all the buffs. If we were to get a buffer/debuffer class a few classes might become expendable.

In anycase I love the game, its a great game as is imo, though I heard the grind after 90 or so is fairly unbearable, but w/e, not there yet XD
  • Wasanasong - Heavens Tear
    Wasanasong - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If you have read the story behind the game, you would have noticed why more classes aren't available.

As was said earlier in the thread, while Barbs can wear robes, and archers can be melee, those cannot learn the spells or skills associated with wearing, or fighting style. Maybe at creation they could give a choice for Archers/Blademasters. Or Barbariens/Venos. That way you could be a Panda that fires off scarabs and has pets, or melee as it is now. Or you could be an archer as it is now, or a winged elf Blademaster. Or even a winged elf wizard. Point is you should pick your race, then gender, then class. Classes should though be limited. Barbs and Venos should interchange with gender. While human and elf should all be interchangable.

Also on the issue of armor. Crafted armor is not always better then blacksmith bought. Sometimes you craft white 1 star without all 5 elements protected. Blacksmith bought armor is always white 1 star with all 5 elements. But crafted armor always has the chance of being 2 star, (I havent made 3 star yet, dont know if its possible) and having bonus stats.
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    This game is good but a little too grindy. b:surrender
  • Amiris - Sanctuary
    Amiris - Sanctuary Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Every MMO is grindy, excluding maybe Runescape. This game is actually less grindy than most thanks to daily quests and quests with decent exp rewards. Try playing a game like Shaiya, Rappelz or Flyff then complain about grinding =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit to Symour for the signature.
    Amiris is my forum character. My actual main is Andralia.
    1,000 posts as of 10/01/09, which was also my birthday!
  • Klath - Sanctuary
    Klath - Sanctuary Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Also, I notice the skills aren't very diverse, I'm a Cleric myself, and I notice that to get any skills I have to gain about 10~15 level intervals to gain new, more useful skills.
    Not sure what you are talking about, but...
    Every 10 lvs (cultivation progressions), you get 2-3 new skills, and every 3-5 levels, EACH skill has a new level to upgrade.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The only one left out iirc are mages who only have self buffs.

They have a buff that adds water damage to my attacks.
  • lamerolle
    lamerolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes you can made 3 or 4 star itens in smiths, i do one 3 star weapon for my cleric this days...
    Not need much more, this game is less grind than more others what i played...
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lamerolle wrote: »
    Yes you can made 3 or 4 star itens in smiths, i do one 3 star weapon for my cleric this days...
    Not need much more, this game is less grind than more others what i played...

Erm...one, two or three star...not four star items. Items go up to 3 stars (they can come in different colors, but these are not made at normal NPC crafters, they are molder or legendary equips)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Orda - Sanctuary
    Orda - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Every MMO is grindy, excluding maybe Runescape. This game is actually less grindy than most thanks to daily quests and quests with decent exp rewards. Try playing a game like Shaiya, Rappelz or Flyff then complain about grinding =P

GuildWars says hi.

Crazy Stones keeps this game playable at the moment, specially since at early 40's ive hit wall, simply because the 'timed' quests have popped up and they arent worth it.

The only thing that really bugs me, and this is the ONLY thing, is the skill leveling system. Having to pay in both spirit and gold to level a skill makes little sense at all. The more you use a skill, the more powerful it gets (yes, with a properly scaled cap) would easily be a perferred alternative.

Just try leveling Sandstorm. b:surrender
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I know that a lot of you guys are hungry for new content, features, and systems.

I'm happy to say that there are definitely some of the above in the pipeline. You can be sure that as soon as we have that information available to share, you'll be the first we share it with. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]