Make World Chat FREE

Comments

• TinyRed - Sanctuary
    TinyRed - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i dont think WC should be free. to many ppl would abuse it. but if it were free i would put something like only 4 WC a day for each person, maybe less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have you seen how bad wc has got due to 5 free tele's for everyone.

Unfortunately... I can't imagine if it was free all the time. b:worried

Actually, I can, just go check out many other MMO's that have free global chats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Enoteca - Sanctuary
    Enoteca - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    World chat is already spammed, Hence, it should not be free.

I do like the idea of a help wanted chat, or something similar, since that is why some people use world chat in the first place.
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think it should stay as is ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • dillian111
    dillian111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think it should be color coded. You can choose yellow for announcements, maybe red, like Duke uses, for calls of help or assistance, purple for recruiting...etc. That way when we see red come up, we auto look. Abuse of this would automatically cause the player to lose privileges of using it for x amount of time. I don't mind the paying part...but there should be a level limit for something such as 1 free per week once you get to lvl 20. 1 free per day once you're lvl 40. And maybe once you get over a specific level you'd get unlimited...like lvl 60 or something. Because those dedicated to the game up to that level have spent money, usually, and should've earned the rights at least to use it I would think. And there should be the ability to block specific colors...if you don't want to see sales ads (yellow) or announcements such as "I love so and so" (also yellow), you can block that.
  • MouiManako - Heavens Tear
    MouiManako - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think the system of lvl limit (20 maybe?) and loosing Epic MP/HP for spamming sounds good. I mean, it's means people like me who are poorbies can still get help and parties =P
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    @Szhira:

Lemme add to that:

D00d: **** YOU ALL!
    Kser: HAHAHAHA! I WILL KS YOU ALL!
    WTF: WTF
    RuneScapeR00lz: PLAY RUNESCAPE ITS BETTER THAN THIS SHIZT!
    PlayersZuck: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    New Player: Why am I even playing this... So spammy...
    Evoloution Member: OMG SPAMMERS!

Zethanal: OMG SHUTTT UPPPP!!!!

Radience Member: Wow....

TheEmpire Member: Gosh... I can see why that our leader quit this game..

RoC Member: How the HELL are we gonna attack TE if you spammers SPAM on the damn worldchat!??!

Szhira whispers: NOW you see what I mean?
    @ Yeah...

Duke Shouts: It has been-

Duke Shouts: UGH SPAM!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!! AAAAGGHHH!!!

Duke whispers: This spammer kid is so sad....
    To Duke: Yeah, get the admin
    Duke whispers: K.

Dvorak: World chat is disabled due to spamming reasons

Ultimate Spammer has been permanently banned for spamming. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we will let you continue chatting. Please don't worry. We got it under control.

Yup... SPAMMERS PARADISE!!
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Swarbear - Sanctuary
    Swarbear - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'd say maybe 1 shout per hour should be free. Or you can choose to buy Telecoustics in Boutique.
  • radicality
    radicality Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If this is even getting considered, it should be a very high level to use it for free.

You can get to level 20 in two hours, but you would have to be dedicated to the game to get to level 50+.

So if this is actually going to happen then make the level cap above 50.
  • radicality
    radicality Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Actually scratch what I just said.. If the reason for this is so poor players can get parties, then why not just take the easy route and put up a channel for Party quests, etc.
    And make a level cap of 20 or something on it.

This would fix the problem and the spam limit would not change.
  • Berserkergan - Sanctuary
    Berserkergan - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    um yea the randomness thing happens anyway and also im kinda sick of some people chatting to each other over the world chat and i can't tell them that noone really gives a flying rat's( dog's or any other thing you can think of) asse about but them
  • BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary
    BanexOfxEvil - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    it should be both.. pay to use and free to use...... u should only be able to use it once per hour and thats at lvl 50+ and if u wanna use it continuosly at any lvl u have to pay.

that way no spam....coz:
    1)they fear there lvl 50 will get banned
    2) they dont wanna waste it
    [SIGPIC]i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/DoT_Ending/Sigs/Evilcopy.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Crystalide - Heavens Tear
    Crystalide - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    once perhour? how about once perday? like the crazy stone quest...
    at least that way, you will limit yourself to really important messages...
  • HgS - Sanctuary
    HgS - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I disagree with making the world chat free. Sometimes my only solace is knowing that they're wasting their real life money.
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    In another game I play. shouts are free, but they don't reach to the entire world unless you buy the cash shop item that allows that. I turn off my shouts in that game because it's ridiculous how spammed it is.

I was so glad that this game didn't have that.

let me guess... secret of the solstace? xD
  • Bows_Spirit - Lost City
    Bows_Spirit - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    @Szhira:

Lemme add to that:

D00d: **** YOU ALL!
    Kser: HAHAHAHA! I WILL KS YOU ALL!
    WTF: WTF
    RuneScapeR00lz: PLAY RUNESCAPE ITS BETTER THAN THIS SHIZT!
    PlayersZuck: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    New Player: Why am I even playing this... So spammy...
    Evoloution Member: OMG SPAMMERS!

Zethanal: OMG SHUTTT UPPPP!!!!

Radience Member: Wow....

TheEmpire Member: Gosh... I can see why that our leader quit this game..

RoC Member: How the HELL are we gonna attack TE if you spammers SPAM on the damn worldchat!??!

Szhira whispers: NOW you see what I mean?
    @ Yeah...

Duke Shouts: It has been-

Duke Shouts: UGH SPAM!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!! AAAAGGHHH!!!

Duke whispers: This spammer kid is so sad....
    To Duke: Yeah, get the admin
    Duke whispers: K.

Dvorak: World chat is disabled due to spamming reasons

Ultimate Spammer has been permanently banned for spamming. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we will let you continue chatting. Please don't worry. We got it under control.

Yup... SPAMMERS PARADISE!!

lol nice scenario
  • kenethare
    kenethare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    "world chat set so your world-wide messages would only be seen by people who are within 10-15 levels of you. This was really a neat setup and it also helped cut down on chat spam. I would like to suggest something like this for PW." - in another game but i can't find the guy who said it to quote him or what game it is.
    still a good idea also the lose of health for spamming is good but better is to make it so players can only world chat at like lvl 30+ and only once per hour then make it free, the lvl so that spammers can't just make thousands of accounts and avoid the time restriction. the time restriction is self explanatory. i just want factions to be able to advertise that they are recruiting etc, it would be fine with me if just things like that were free, like have a button for sending advertisement then have it have a huge cooldown. anyways just some ideas
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    The Day Pwi Make World Chat Free, Be The Day I Quit This Game And They Wont Ever Get Another Penny Out Of Me..

Free Of Spammm....
    How Much Do I Love It <3<3<3<3....
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    It needs to stay how it is, keeps more messages that are meaningful and less of lol so and so is a blank ect ect

if you really have a good reason to use the world chat you can just get a tele they are not expensive through in game trade just takes a little bit of farming and if your not willing to do that then its more then likely just going to be another pointless message with intentions to **** people off.

the games chat system is just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    OK my 2 cents worth....
    lvl 89 1 free WC every hour.... I think that by lvl 89 most of the spammer newbs wouldn't waste much time in WC. By then you've played alot and it'd make sense. Most would probably advertise their ability to help do FB's... no big deal.
  • Estasi - Sanctuary
    Estasi - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Personally I think we see enough drama on World Chat as it is. Lets not make it easier for more to be seen. Seriously every day you can catch an issue of "Days of PWi" on WC where someone is complaining about something. Someone stole a kiss from someone.. someone told a lie to this ones husband so now this person is crying. SHUT UP AND KILL STUFF! Leave WC as it is. If people want to waste coins on the tele let them. But to make it free for all just opens a portal to the land of the morons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way"
    ~ Jessica Rabbit
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Ittoogami says I'm addicted to clothes, but I say a girl can never have enough outfits!
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    AHEM here's the REAL reason why world chat is not free... b:sweat

you guys must have notice the HUNDREDS of people on world chat by now...
    "where do they GET all those telecoustics?"
    cash shop, DUH
    perfect world entertainment make HUNDREDS of dollars a day from these people who buy telecoustics

figure out the rest, sherlock b:scorn
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • bolvork
    bolvork Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Talk on wc for free? OMG Noes! If anything I think they should raise the price to 1 gold per shout on wc. Maybe then we would have less tards shouting I love thee, and more serious talk ppl would actually care to see.
    IGN: Slitt
  • Requeil - Harshlands
    Requeil - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No.

Or atleast make it from lvl 30. Because it's annoying as heck when people use world chat as an Normal Chatroom, mostly two people. PM is there for a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Notbad - Heavens Tear
    Notbad - Heavens Tear Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I dont mean to sound harsh with this or anything...but why should we have to pay to talk to everyone? I understand this is a F2P game and all...but you guys already have a lot of other Cash Shop items to sell and make money off of. I just think it would make the game a lot more enjoyable; you could talk to EVERYONE and not jot the people in the city/town you are in.

but hey, thats just me.

-.- you know what kind of world would this be with free world chats

make it 100+ because nobody can make it that high :D
    b:shedtearb:infuriatedb:irritated
    b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Baby theres no other super star you know that i'll be..Listening to lady gaga b:laugh
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Hi, I'm ZephyrX and I can single handly flood the entire World Chat if World Chat is free...

Since I"m just one player and I can flood the entire World Chat... and we have more than 1 player. I'll have you put one thing into the other thingy and make babies or somewhat..
    to the OP You have 9000 Billion Unread Spam in your mailbox
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Muah - Heavens Tear
    Muah - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    WC is fine as is, PW makes money, People make In-game cash... and people can request res or help through frequent WC players. And others sell their items. If anything a lvl restriction, not too high or we'll only hear from pkers. But as I see it, its fine as is. If you don't want to fork over 11k or so for one tele ... then obvisouly your message isn't very important to begin with.

I do kind of like a free tele every week or so if you meet a required lvl, and you have to choose which character you want to receive it. So people don't make new chars to get more WC's. So either way you have to be dedicated to get to a specific lvl and keep playing.

They wont really lose out on money since people would still have to sell them to make money in-game, they couldn't make a big collection, and WC SPAMMERS would still have to buy them in mass from Item mall or A LOT OF players XD. But I'm sure a player would rather keep the few free WC's they recieve instead of selling them ;) b:thanks
    ~Mrs. Curry~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Since 7/4/09
  • p13g0d
    p13g0d Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    spam bro, no one likes spam
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    necro bro, no one likes necro
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    topic lock bro, EVERYONE likes topic lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
This discussion has been closed.