Make World Chat FREE

Magiterry - Lost City
Magiterry - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Suggestion Box
I dont mean to sound harsh with this or anything...but why should we have to pay to talk to everyone? I understand this is a F2P game and all...but you guys already have a lot of other Cash Shop items to sell and make money off of. I just think it would make the game a lot more enjoyable; you could talk to EVERYONE and not jot the people in the city/town you are in.

but hey, thats just me.
Post edited by Magiterry - Lost City on

Comments

• saylum
    saylum Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Here's why:

Free = SPAMTASTIC CAPSLOCK CHAT
    :>
  • Wolfengard - Sanctuary
    Wolfengard - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The problem is that spammers will flood the local chat.
    People will get annoyed since some spammers just shout random/nonsense stuff, and the normal chat window will be almost impossible to view with so much spam.
  • Tvali - Lost City
    Tvali - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In another game I play. shouts are free, but they don't reach to the entire world unless you buy the cash shop item that allows that. I turn off my shouts in that game because it's ridiculous how spammed it is.

I was so glad that this game didn't have that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tvali - Director of the wonderful guild Epitaph.
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    saylum wrote: »
    Here's why:

/agree.........
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Because PW is not a F2P game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crash - Heavens Tear
    Crash - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    rappelz has a system for that, u think u gota be over level 10 or 20 to use it, also if u spam to fast you start to lose hp and mp, why dont the devs just do that here? atleast then we can see some random or even interesting convo's to keep the ppl abit amused when there guild isnt talking
    retired from PWI server Heavens Tear, October 2008
    want to start on Harshlands ASAP!
  • jubbajubbba
    jubbajubbba Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Take wow for example. Trade chat often spammed by level 1's

Solution

Put a level req on world talking. Bam

World chat is the way to meet new friends and make game so much more fun =[ giev.
  • kingdon
    kingdon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    rappelz has a system for that, u think u gota be over level 10 or 20 to use it, also if u spam to fast you start to lose hp and mp, why dont the devs just do that here? atleast then we can see some random or even interesting convo's to keep the ppl abit amused when there guild isnt talking

Yup, i just quit rappelz for this game. Lv 20 to use world chat and if its abused your hp/mp goes down ALOT. Good idea b:laugh prevents too much spam, there was alot of fun conversations and everyone knew eachother b:pleased.

(I'm not advertising another game, just throwing in an idea to make this game better)
  • natura
    natura Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i know in other games you have to pay a certain amount of gold to an NPC(not cash shop gold)to buy an item that allows one to use world chat.and there's a time interval to use the world chat function so ppl can't spam.If they do there's always a team of GMs reasdy to ban spammers:)

maybe they shoud consider using this technique too.....just a thought.....
  • Morgendught - Sanctuary
    Morgendught - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So no matter the level we never get to use world chat free?
  • Morgendught - Sanctuary
    Morgendught - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So there is no level that world chat is free?
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    evrilysis wrote: »
    Because PW is not a F2P game.

PW IS a f2p game. Its just the mall.
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Free WorldChat would be hell. People would spam it left and right but what they could do is maybe every maintenance/every week reset some counter that would allow you to Worldchat X times / week for free like 3-5 times and if you want to talk any more then you would be required to buy trumpets. But yeah I don't really see it happening.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Xyrian - Sanctuary
    Xyrian - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Another problem with having a Free W.C. is that less people would pay attention to it. Due to spam, randomness, or other pointless W.C. posting, people would soon stop reading it. You'd get less response for questions asked through W.C., less recruiting would be done, etc. If people start thinking that there's nothing worth reading, why would they?
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You could just use Ctrl + D...
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Daniellabeli - Heavens Tear
    Daniellabeli - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Don't people spam it up in the W.C. anyway, though?

Then again, I've never used it 'cos I don't like paying real money and sticking my online finances where they dun need to be unless it's a pre-paid card as a placebo. I'm snobby like that. ;/ But I wanna talk in the World Chat. Maybe I'm getting it confused when people are saying coins and gold; so I need 1k coins or gold to send a message in world chat?
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think it's pretty safe to say that this will not change. They are making money off of the teleacoustic sales. They will not change it, end of story.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think it's pretty safe to say that this will not change. They are making money off of the teleacoustic sales. They will not change it, end of story.

*Agrees with this and the spam*

They are making money from it, why would they make it free? That would be a bad business choice. Plus, people would spam the world chat more than they already do.

Free world chat = bad for PWE
    Free world chat = bad for the players

Verdict: Keep the world chat just as it is.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Venoblood - Heavens Tear
    Venoblood - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    saylum wrote: »
    Here's why:

The problem is that I have to pay to be able to tell something to everyone I may or may not know. If I wanted to say good morning to everybody on my friends list, I would have to do it separately. If I wanted to just say good morning to everybody in general, I have to fork over a few $.
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Free World Chat would get on everyone's nerves overall (unless they're spammers). There are alot of people on each server & there would be alot of spammers to the point where no one would be able to even say anything on world chat without it being read. Considering this is a free to play game it is a good idea to have World Chat cost something even pay to play games don't really have World Chat. On top of that if it didn't cost anything for World Chat, Perfect World Entertainment (and it's parent branch Perfect World Inc.) would lose alot of money off of how many teleacoustics they sell a day and might even wind up shutting down a branch to keep the game going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    For the love of god, no. Even with telecoustics now we get kids spamming global. Pls don't make it any worse
  • Kusaku - Lost City
    Kusaku - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i would like free world chat but they are right it would just get spammed and everyone would just switch it off.

..... a point of evidence is it already gets spammed and they actaully pay to spam it think what it would be like if u had a hundred spammers...

scawy thought ^^

.... it would be even worse than on halloween were the duke just spammed everything to heck....

people got annoyed with that and it didnt even last long and it was just 1 set of spams....

think of a 100 dukes on hallowenn... so for the love of meee... dont do it ^^
    So for my bad spelling ^^
    CUTE THINGS ><
    Dieing with style and skill since 1989

Frav Qoute :
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
  • m00dyflame
    m00dyflame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    How does the chat work, what does N stand for?b:shocked
  • Neverwas - Heavens Tear
    Neverwas - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    to use world chat you must buy telecoustics (trumpets) from the cash shop or from other players. to make one statement in world chat costs one telecoustic.

"N" stands for normal, anyone in the area can see what you say.

i like the idea of free world chat but as everyone said it would just get misused. getting like, 1 or 2 free world chat uses per day would also be helpful for people who are actually looking for help but people would still use it for spam more than it's intended purpose. but like someone else said, it's highly unlikely they will do any of this.

what i would prefer to see is some sort of "Help Wanted" screen where users could post a single message like "looking for help with gouf", etc. you would just private message the poster to answer their "ad" so to speak. however i could easily see people posting spam on it like "i love m00dyflame!!" or "m00dyflame is a tool!!" or something like that. ah, just another idea that would be ruined by miss use i guess.

fyi, i just used your name as an example m00dyflame. b:kiss lol
  • shibby08
    shibby08 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think it should be free, but if soemone types in all caps or spams random thingys over and over again they have a chat ban and can't type to anyone or whisper anyone for a set number odays, and if repeated just ban them fromt he server completely? that could solve spam? You know like some chatrooms do. Also the help line between players would be great, and even better if free, or jsut cost like coins instead, like 1k ? to keep from spam happening there.
  • Szhira - Sanctuary
    Szhira - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Good idea. Then you can have your chat window filled with:

Noob: I like pancakes!
    MrDude: Waffles are better
    FalconCapn says to you: i'll pay u 30k for it
    xxJohnxx: I love lamp!
    WillyBB: I love lamp!
    SusieQ: I love lamp!
    WeirdoX: Wtf is lamp
    Randomperson2391: b:laughb:chuckleb:pleased
    Troll: U ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NoReason: SHUT UP TROLL
    JudieBootie: PM me plz im bored pplz b:kiss

Times 3000.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • andrew810
    andrew810 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hey guys here is an idea
    how about every lvl 20+ gets for example 1 world chat every 24 hours or something and if they want extra world chats u have to buy them
    tell me wat u think
    but world chat should not! be free coz as every1 says there will be too much spam
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    really bad idea... better will be if in PW u have a limited area to scream like in L2 when u talk with "!" there re a limited area just read u, but world chat free no >o<

b:bye
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Illusion - Heavens Tear
    Illusion - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    World chats should be more expensive then they are, the higher the cost the more worthy the chat. Have you seen how bad wc has got due to 5 free tele's for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wwing - Heavens Tear
    Wwing - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I will agree and disagree
    Useful and meaningful usage will be nice, but spamming is , nonetheless, unavoidable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    News Project Fox in [][]http://pwifox.blogspot.com[][] Santa Claus is a lie.
    12/17 2008 PerfectFox Index (Heavens Tear) : 1 gold = 113558.91~114972.42
This discussion has been closed.