Male archer vs Female archer

Comments

• BlueAngel - Heavens Tear
    BlueAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Male archers look just as manly as any other guy in the game. Geez,If you don't want your character to you look like girl customize that way. I mean YOU CAN GIVE IT 5 o' CLOCK SHADOW! And buff him out. So much to do....
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm like so on the edge here, after reading a dude's guide, i started to think male archers DO look kinda ****... but then again I am really gullible...

**** - When the archer spins around on one leg and shoots an arrow over his shoulder... that's... a little over the top, you game designers

Badass - Errr, I dont know =/
  • tenbatsu
    tenbatsu Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's called being graceful. Like a powerful and graceful stallion. Long beautiful mane of hair and tail.
  • FroozeBow - Heavens Tear
    FroozeBow - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    tenbatsu wrote: »
    It's called being graceful. Like a powerful and graceful stallion. Long beautiful mane of hair and tail.

Ummm... no comment
  • Mint_sage - Heavens Tear
    Mint_sage - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ...actually i like archer men w/ long hair. reminds me of Sephiroth, or Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII b:thanks yes its weird but...eh, its just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Forsaken :D
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    tenbatsu wrote: »

LOL

10characters
  • Blood_Mist - Lost City
    Blood_Mist - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm like so on the edge here, after reading a dude's guide, i started to think male archers DO look kinda ****... but then again I am really gullible...

**** - When the archer spins around on one leg and shoots an arrow over his shoulder... that's... a little over the top, you game designers

Badass - Errr, I dont know =/

don't forget female archers also do that...
  • usererror
    usererror Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so in fear ur male might look ...unstright u skipped that and just went girl which according to u is manly???

would you stare at a guy all day while playing a game or a girl? granted its a toon but still eye candy
  • deciett
    deciett Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Eh, eye candy. Not worth the awkward moments of playing a chick in game.
  • TheMusician - Heavens Tear
    TheMusician - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Cant really say male archers look **** with their spin. Most people think all male elfes look ****, but thats only because they think theres only one type of men that is considered as men in the world. I have a male Archer, Im pretty damn satisfied with him after using alot of time on his face. Making it sort of slim looking, but I edited it probably 9 times in two days for the last finish, seeing how the face became in different lighting as then to improve it further in different lighting areas.

About the spins and stuff, I dont mind. its not like he fires anything when he spins around, think of it as if hes holding a wand casting a spell instead :D
    If people think male archers look ****, then they focus too much on their looks and not on the game :D (Not that im in any position to say that since I used probably over 5 hours total editing his face XD)
  • Kaidara - Sanctuary
    Kaidara - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It' just a game peoples. The only time I think a male character looks **** is when they have lipstick or eyeshadow on. Who really cares about the build either, it's just pixels on a screen. About the lightning shot, if you look at quite a few Chinese martial arts, some of the moves look "girly", but they can still be very effective in combat.
  • turonga
    turonga Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can someone post a picture of an..."unstraight" male archer? cause I have no idea what people are talking about. Then again i'm new to this..
  • Eilik - Lost City
    Eilik - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hey...its almost better than being a guy and having a veno...last night i started a veno and i had like 5 other guys trying to hit on me while i was grinding...i was cracking up in my seat as i had to tell each one that i was really male and that i was not interested...haha can u say "awkward?"
  • Rasenganfire - Lost City
    Rasenganfire - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im a boy, but I made a venomancer file!
    Im really annoyed venomancers HAVE to be women, I mean, venomancerss are cool, but do they have to be women?
    Archers look femminine anyway, male or female, dosent make much difference, so I made a Guy and gave him have so unfemmenine hair. So Im not so bad.
    Im just SO annoyed about Venomancers!
    Akshay, I would also make a male venomancer, IF oNLY THERE WAS ONE!
  • Xtonyx - Heavens Tear
    Xtonyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    hey, if the high-heel fits...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~sig by Saitada, a total badass b:laugh
  • KaimerasPain - Heavens Tear
    KaimerasPain - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    honestly, it really doesnt matter what you choose to play.... Its just a game. Personally, I find that most games make women look a TON better than male chars. Guild Wars is a fine example of that. Although the males look good in different armors, female chars tend to look better in anything that they can equip.... not sure if there is a reason behind it, but the equipment/armor for females just seems more intricate IMO. Pick whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy the game!! :P

Kaimera
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MysticAve- What the Deuce?! Pwnt again.....
  • Vikora - Sanctuary
    Vikora - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I laugh at you people for making such a HUGE deal over male vs female character ****.

Get a life.
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I hope your not looking up your panties and masterbait to your archer all the time...
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Angelmoon - Sanctuary
    Angelmoon - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Im male and an elf. ****? no. Unstraight? no. Camp? no. Feminie? no.

Im just deadly in a very graceful kind of way. b:laugh
  • Vestamona - Lost City
    Vestamona - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Having a character which looks **** does not make you ****, having a female character as a male does not make you **** either (nor does it make you a perv). I personally end up playing female characters in games because for some reason developers have an inability to create male choices which do not look like they've had steroids pumped directly into their chests.

As for getting hit on because you have a female character, just say you're a dude, and that's about it. And as for those people hitting on someone because they have a female character, remember this: On the internet all the women are men, and all the men are 40 year old sex fiends living in basements.
  • Soul_Allure - Sanctuary
    Soul_Allure - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    LOL i like that comment

anyway, to OP and everyone

seriously, the appearance of a character depends on the player. you are responsible for making your character NOT ****,

due to all these posts and a like, i rolled a female archer, it wasn't long before a few guy characters start to add me on friend list and ask me where i am and what i'm doing the moment i log on. i really find that quite annoying. on top of that, i get all these requests saying XXX wants to carry me. also, i am tired of telling ppl that i am a guy and even more tired of hearing "why are you playing as a girl..."b:surrender

but there are several advantages of being a female archer/character.
    a lot more ppl are willing to help you with quests and all
    you can get others to carry you to places, saves you time and effert
    and i seriously got to admit that female archers do look damn good. (wish my girlfriend looks like them. b:laugh ooooops did i say that out loud?b:shutup)

*calm myself down*
    with that being said, i've recently decided to create a male archer and he looks just sick.b:victory not only does he looks straight--not **** and i've had a few ppl running in front of me and just stand there, then whisper, "you look so good" "you are so cool". so guy archers don't all look ****, it's all up to how you create it, whether you have an acceptable sense of beauty and if you know what you are doin and how to use the character creation.

as for the skills, the lightning skill which you spin and stand on one leg then shoot over your shoulder, how on earth is that ****?! it's graceful and not feminine at all. if you are refusing to create a guy archer due to the animation of that skill, don't be put off by it or just don't use it, that often, then you'll be fine cos the rest of the skills, guy archers look just so good.

in conclusion, it's up to you what you want to create as it is the internet, you can be whoever or whatever you like. if you want to be a guy archer, they don't look **** if you know what you are doin while creating one and it's not hard at all; if you want to be a female archer, then tell ppl that you are a guy when something gets a bit weird and too much. *cough* flirting LOL

to all the male characters out there, next time before you hit on a female archer, think about your decision again, cos there is a very high chance of the player on the other end of computer is a guy, since we all know what MMORPG stands for:

*say with me*
    Millions of Men Online Role-Playing Girls

ROFLMAO
  • Cherryripe - Sanctuary
    Cherryripe - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lol, who cares, man if there was venocaster guy, i wuld pick him, i dont care if the moves look faggy on a male character, i worry about the damage lol

anyhoo, who cares lol, just make ur guy have a beard and look manly b:pleased
  • burningwolf313
    burningwolf313 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    well i read in Ambiotion's pk guide to not make male archers...and that pic made me never wanna roll a male one, but i don't wanna look....unstraight
    epic
    I lol'ed
  • sinistervii
    sinistervii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    to all the male characters out there, next time before you hit on a female archer, think about your decision again, cos there is a very high chance of the player on the other end of computer is a guy, since we all know what MMORPG stands for:

*say with me*
    Millions of Guys Online Role-Playing Girls

ROFLMAO

MOGORPG...? Lol.
  • Eilik - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    LOL i like that comment

anyway, to OP and everyone

seriously, the appearance of a character depends on the player. you are responsible for making your character NOT ****,

due to all these posts and a like, i rolled a female archer, it wasn't long before a few guy characters start to add me on friend list and ask me where i am and what i'm doing the moment i log on. i really find that quite annoying. on top of that, i get all these requests saying XXX wants to carry me. also, i am tired of telling ppl that i am a guy and even more tired of hearing "why are you playing as a girl..."b:surrender

but there are several advantages of being a female archer/character.
    a lot more ppl are willing to help you with quests and all
    you can get others to carry you to places, saves you time and effert
    and i seriously got to admit that female archers do look damn good. (wish my girlfriend looks like them. b:laugh ooooops did i say that out loud?b:shutup)

*calm myself down*
    with that being said, i've recently decided to create a male archer and he looks just sick.b:victory not only does he looks straight--not **** and i've had a few ppl running in front of me and just stand there, then whisper, "you look so good" "you are so cool". so guy archers don't all look ****, it's all up to how you create it, whether you have an acceptable sense of beauty and if you know what you are doin and how to use the character creation.

as for the skills, the lightning skill which you spin and stand on one leg then shoot over your shoulder, how on earth is that ****?! it's graceful and not feminine at all. if you are refusing to create a guy archer due to the animation of that skill, don't be put off by it or just don't use it, that often, then you'll be fine cos the rest of the skills, guy archers look just so good.

in conclusion, it's up to you what you want to create as it is the internet, you can be whoever or whatever you like. if you want to be a guy archer, they don't look **** if you know what you are doin while creating one and it's not hard at all; if you want to be a female archer, then tell ppl that you are a guy when something gets a bit weird and too much. *cough* flirting LOL

*say with me*
    Millions of Men Online Role-Playing Girls

ROFLMAO

One of the epic MMORPG male vs. female char speeches of all time...

But yeah, i have a lvl 19 male archer and he doesn't look **** either I mean cmon, one stinkin skill and you think a male archer's ****? like one poster stated: FEMALES DO IT TOO!!! It is not just a male skill...but yeah, the only reason i play a female char is for the damage...I mean they need to make a female barb and a male veno otherwise that race is just sexist ^^
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Male archers don't look **** at all. I just made an a male archer, does he look 'unstraight' ?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6416/manlyarcherag5.png

b:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Eilik - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    yes, yes he does...btw no eyeliner...makes you look that much gayer
  • Eilik - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    just kidding
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    that is very very ****
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear
    ShiraAburame - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There's an easier way of letting people know you're not a girl when you're playing one. Your screen name. I have seen a Veno running about with the name "Imnotagirl". True story.