pwi not pwusa

Comments

• RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Why don't you suck it up? I know alot of europeans who wake up for TW's and they don't complain. They Arn't happy about it but they don't feel the need to make useless posts in the forums. Your just an attention ***** so gtfo plz

what a real scumbag in real life u must be as all we are doin is airing our concerns about the times,theres really no need for u to come on and flame like this,this is actually verbal abuse.
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    International for some dumb@sses means USA, u cant fight that, ive given up a long time ago b:surrender
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • Wrathx - Heavens Tear
    Wrathx - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've only been playing this game for about 3 months now and in that time I've learned that most things that are suggested, even legit ones like this, will not change. I don't even know why they bother having a suggestion forum when 99% or more of the suggestions will never make it into the game. I've learned that if something isn't in the Chinese version, it likely won't ever be in this version. There are a few legit suggestions and complaints about certain things that I've seen that seem to fall on deaf ears in this game. Heck trying to get a response out of a GM in a thread like this with relevant information is next to impossible. Most of the posts I see from GMs end up being them quoting the TOS, or posting a link to the ticket department or something similar. I wish we could get some real responses about certain things whether it's to say that "this isn't going to happen" or "it's something that we could or are looking into" and I mean don't give us the usual "we're looking into it" just to shut us up ****. I really wish they would just be honest with us and give us some kind of feedback on issues like the one being presented in this thread. /end rant
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I quote from the Perfect World Entertainment ''about'' page:

Perfect World Entertainment’s goal is to provide North American users with perfectly polished gameplay, exceptional localization, the highest quality customer service, and an unparalleled online community experience.

(end quote)

So yes by ''International'' they actually mean national. I should've came to this conclusion when they came up with the thanksgiving event. But you must forgive them, stupidity and greed is a typical trait amongst gaming and publishing companies these days. b:bye
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    Ennvi - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    awsome forum messes up so i spend 10 mins typing and it dont show
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    Ennvi - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    so ill try again.
    PW you need to rebrand the game ASAP as you are falsly advertising.
    Maybe in the crappy xmas event santa will give you a dictionary and thesaurus to understand what words mean.
    i suggest you pass it on to your marketing department.
    especially as it actually does say in your Abour Us sections that its aimed and America.
    Nice no wonder GMs havent replied. How can they when they dont even know what they game is being marketed as.
    And if they do what will they say.
    GM - "erm well erm hmm well ... its Inetrnational.... but erm hmmm, only if your american....hmm erm let me pass you on to somone else......"
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    Nevdemo - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've only been playing this game for about 3 months now and in that time I've learned that most things that are suggested, even legit ones like this, will not change. I don't even know why they bother having a suggestion forum when 99% or more of the suggestions will never make it into the game. I've learned that if something isn't in the Chinese version, it likely won't ever be in this version. There are a few legit suggestions and complaints about certain things that I've seen that seem to fall on deaf ears in this game. Heck trying to get a response out of a GM in a thread like this with relevant information is next to impossible. Most of the posts I see from GMs end up being them quoting the TOS, or posting a link to the ticket department or something similar. I wish we could get some real responses about certain things whether it's to say that "this isn't going to happen" or "it's something that we could or are looking into" and I mean don't give us the usual "we're looking into it" just to shut us up ****. I really wish they would just be honest with us and give us some kind of feedback on issues like the one being presented in this thread. /end rant

I second that. It's an insult to the players to have a Suggestion Forum when no one of them is actually taken into account... I ask the old players / Forum users: Have you seen any of these suggestions actually made? Replied by a GM?

Why can't PWI acknowledge the fact that they aren't developers, but only publishers? There's a great difference between the 2. While developers were the ones who created the game, know how to code and are completely able to do changes on the gameplay, publishers only know how to sell things, and are only interested in that.

In an ideal dynamic game model, publishers would hear the suggestions, select a few ones that could generate more income and send them to the developers so they could make the changes into a patch.

When I decided to try out this game was because I saw that "Perfect World" (The game) was made by no one other than "Perfect World Entertainment". OMG! Finally! Another MMORPG besides World of Warcraft that is managed by the company who created it! Ever wondered why makes WoW so cool? Because if someone spots a bug, it can be solved ASAP by the devs! They know their game, because they created it!

But... it seems I was wrong about PWI. Either they have no coders abroad on San Francisco yet or they are just a Sales subsidiary who doesn't have the slightiest idea on how to use and change their Angelica 3D Game Engine. Maybe they don't even know what a Game Engine is. What a shame, Perfect World Entertainment, even IGG, with its poor translations and openly acceptation that they are only publishers has managed to actually implement suggestions on their games.

Anyways, as I know no GM would ever care to see this, I go back to topic:
    It's a good idea. In the ideal game model that I talked you about before, GM's / Admins would see this thread, make a poll, and if accepted, implement it. More acceptable times would expand the user population, as well as popularity. More users = more chance to get money.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So much hate.

And the funny thing is, even if PWI changes the time to some other one (which I imagine the posters in this thread couldn't even agree on since they'd all want a time best for them at the cost of everyone else who doesn't live where they live), there'd still be just as much if not more whining about the time, by both posters in this thread and others even.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    great thread here. good cross section of opinions here and a lot of feedback for folks on my end to chew through and ponder.

here are some bits to keep in mind:

*we try to schedule in-game events during days of the week and/or times where we typically experience peak usage. this is done in order to service the most users possible. keep in mind that we are constantly seeing shifts in usage patterns and may adjust event scheduling in the future to acommodate for this.

*in the future we will try to balance out and intersperse in-game events and contests with community driven events that don't require in-game login (eg - the character creation design contest, the PWI reviews contest, etc.).

*you can consider the launch of PWI Radio to be a 'test' case experiment and that we are exploring other radio options to service regions outside of the U.S.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    So the peak times are around 10 PM - 12 AM GMT? Excellent, I shall use that info to help promote my guild. b:sin

b:victory
    Non-mule alts:

• Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So the peak times are around 10 PM - 12 AM GMT? Excellent, I shall use that info to help promote my guild. b:sin

b:victory

Actually, that could very well be true. Just because that is in the middle of the night for those in Europe, the times you stated just start the gaming time for the Eastern US (5pm-7pm EST).

As for events, such as Kill the GMs and such, I think running 2 times each server should suffice as long as it co-incides with their office hours. (Customer support is different than the Admins, and I am sure the Admins don't plan on working 15 hours a day, unless they could run split shifts on event days....)

And as for the International versus USA thing, lord have mercy. Before anyone goes crying "false advertisement", read a dictionary and then get an atlas.

International means more than one nation. Yes, the press release mentions catering to the North American clients, but last time I checked, neither Mexico or Canada were part of the United States, yet both reside in the North American continent. More than one nation = international. I do belive, however, it would have been more clear had it been called "North American", as then everyone would have been a bit clearer on the time zone selections.

Am I happy with the times of certain things. Not really. Some are down right daft. No logical reason for why the TW times are in the middle of the night has been made public.

And Dvorak, you know I love you guys and you run circles around all the other versions, but you did kinda shoot yourself in the foot here. By saying you schedule events around peak playing times, then why didn't you schedule the TW around those same peek times? I betcha would have a lot fewer flamers running around here.

Suprise everyone with a New Year's resolution: move TW 3 hours earlier.

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadlyHabit - Heavens Tear
    DeadlyHabit - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It does not matter where the servers are but International all they are saying is anyone around the world can join this game.

and seeing as this game is not all that old maybe giving them time you may find other servers pop up other places where they have a char transfer and ya may have a small fee but if it really matters you move to it.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It does not matter where the servers are but International all they are saying is anyone around the world can join this game.

and seeing as this game is not all that old maybe giving them time you may find other servers pop up other places where they have a char transfer and ya may have a small fee but if it really matters you move to it.

original Chinese version was 4 years ago?

also NOT EVERYONE can join here, no one from the servers covered by the first server malay and chinese can join they are IP BLOCKED

it doesnt matter where servers are? uh...except customer support and events wise... ....yah kinda useful, remember before good chat spam the bots always came on the hour after GMs left office and ran 10 hours or so overnight?, oh TW and events suck depending how far ur from server...

What in the world gives you an inclination that the chance of character transfer is possible?
    No way they will have a character transfer from server to server unless both servers would be run by the same group, and even then extremely unlikely, we dont even do character transfer here between LC HT and sanct...
  • DeadlyHabit - Heavens Tear
    DeadlyHabit - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    original Chinese version was 4 years ago?

Well lets see didn't know Chinese version i was talking about that ver, was talking about what you are playing on right now Perfect World International, don't get ahead of yourself. this game is still in Open Beta so don't cut everything down as far as what they will do with the game later on is still undecided.
    it doesnt matter where servers are? uh...except customer support and events wise... ....yah kinda useful, remember before good chat spam the bots always came on the hour after GMs left office and ran 10 hours or so overnight?, oh TW and events suck depending how far ur from server...

Like the Admin said they run those event at peck hours of the day where users usage is at it's highest. So after all those people are off work or staying up late so there mom or dad won't know because they still want to play even thought they should be sleeping that is control by those people.

they also said for TW they may look into new hours for that. ya they may of made it more convent for office hours so they can watch to make sure there are no Errors as everyone is doing it. All there doing is what there jobs are can't complain about the working man or woman.

What in the world gives you an inclination that the chance of character transfer is possible?
    No way they will have a character transfer from server to server unless both servers would be run by the same group, and even then extremely unlikely, we dont even do character transfer here between LC HT and sanct...

it's always possible for them to do a character transfer you make it sound like it's impossible the fact the have not added something like that now with LC,HT, or Sanc does not mean anything.

if you worked with these games before as a job please stat ya input i know for a fact they can do it. seeing as i worked on game database's before for this type of game.. all they need is a website and the info with your char's data can be sent to a different server in few mins and with that maybe hour to integrate it into the other server.

don't think because they have not done this yet you wont see it in the future.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    1. you havent seen games that are out for 5 years and open beta? its a way to cover their ****. if its beta and you have an active subscription and CS ITS NOT REALLY BETA.
    2 . yah they really listened when they "fixed" tw hours, tehse issues were brought up 3 months ago? and only change int heir regard has been IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, nto to mention they stated teh change was just the proper synch since game server use to be in EST not PST, yes 10am-3pm PST is peak hours on a weekday? my ****. you think 11pm at night(compared to 8pm) and 2-5 pm Saturday are convenient office hours?
    3. they stated they won't in between local HT, LC, sanct, so i highly doubt theyd do it across different branches/companies. jsut because they can do it doesnt mean 99% of games DON't DO IT
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    2 . yah they really listened when they "fixed" tw hours, tehse issues were brought up 3 months ago? and only change int heir regard has been IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, nto to mention they stated teh change was just the proper synch since game server use to be in EST not PST, yes 10am-3pm PST is peak hours on a weekday? my ****. you think 11pm at night(compared to 8pm) and 2-5 pm Saturday are convenient office hours?

Hey, at least a GM has drawn his attention to this post and told that events might get rescheduled. That's it, the thread has served its purpose, end discussion. Sorry, you were late to channel your life frustrations out on a random user while trying to continue a discussion that, at least for me, it's mainly over.

As for your excuse... sorry, argument around "office hours", there's a wonderful thing called "Time Zones". While in a part of the world, it's not a valid office hour, on another one, it might be! O_o And that's one of the greatests thing on Internet-based companies: They might hire persons from that Time Zone to their advantage! In fact, I don't think that every mod or GM lives in San Francisco...

As the hotcake girl said, "There's much hate on this thread". Yeah, even I accept to be excessive on "hate" for my previous topic, but at least I got some motives to be disappointed.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    GMs MUST WORK FROM THE OFFICE, which is in san fran , mods are not employed by PWI..

channel frustration, i was correcting someones "facts" to be correct
    "end discussion" if its over why still posting?

noobs these days can't accept when they are misinformed and when they get corrected they say they are getting bullied/yelled at/someone else is a loser?

all my times were stated as PST ones as thier office is
  • Nevdemo - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    noobs these days can't accept when they are misinformed and when they get corrected they say they are getting bullied/yelled at/someone else is a loser?

Because there are ways to tell people they are wrong. If you do it in the proper one, they actually THANK you for clarifying a fact. And nah, I'm not against your facts. TWs are so fun here that I'd be eager to wake up at any hour to play them. But I know that not everyone are in my situation, so I second this thread. I want something done about this hours... Plus, changing chars from a Server can be cool, and it's technically possible. I'd like it. However, your attitude it's a bit negative on this part: Like "that can't be done, because it can't". With that encouragement, how are things (have even a slight chance) going to change?

GMs MUST WORK FROM THE OFFICE, which is in san fran , mods are not employed by PWI..

Oh, excuse me for that one. I really didn't know that was the GM policy here. In other Game Portals, such as IGG, international GM's are allowed as long as they keep some standards. I know that from personal experience... Too bad here's not the case, if you are right, of course. Anyways, this company would really benefit from that, because of the reason I explained above.

"end discussion" if its over why still posting?

Same reason as you. In short, I just disliked your "That can't be done, things won't change" attitude. You're right about your facts, you're right that Admins/GM's would not be very eager to make a change... But now that they have shown some open-ness to do so, your comment seemed a bit out of place to me. I apologize for explaining it that way, I shouldn't have misjudged you out of a comment.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Same reason as you.

my attitude is just proportional to the amount of questions in a thread that people think are oh so original yet they have been answered by a GM within the past week or 2 yet people don't want to search which creates a snowball effect of threads and difficulty to find the thread with GM response

im not the one that said end of discussion, YOU did..

you take your psychology yet cant accept that i was correcting facts no matter the manner i did it in,
    also i don't know everything about PW, i haven't played MY-EN version as many have here
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    my attitude is just proportional to the amount of questions in a thread that people think are oh so original yet they have been answered by a GM within the past week or 2 yet people don't want to search which creates a snowball effect of threads and difficulty to find the thread with GM response

im not the one that said end of discussion, YOU did..

you take your psychology yet cant accept that i was correcting facts no matter the manner i did it in,
    also i don't know everything about PW, i haven't played MY-EN version as many have here

+1. <3 you mosz
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Are the offices insured and the servers protected against earthquake damage? b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

• Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I didn't really read everything. But this is my thoughts.

This is PWI. Not PWUSA. The only problem about PWI is that it blocked most of the countries that has a time of averagely 10AM-4PM anyway. The East/West coast players in NA gets a TW time of 8-11PM and 11-2AM. EU gets a TW time of 5AM.

Basically, this server doesn't really make sense at all. It can't be called International. it can't be called North America. Someone can make up a name for it.

I'll repeat myself. This server isn't International at all. Almost all the countries are IP banned. The TW times are horrible for NA/EU and only good for a small portion around the world due to the IP ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'll repeat myself. This server isn't International at all. Almost all the countries are IP banned.

Not quite. About 8 countries are IP banned and the sole reason for that is due to those countries having pre-existing contracts that granted them exclusive rights to providing PW service in their regions (eg - Japan, Malaysia, etc.).
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Not quite. About 8 countries are IP banned and the sole reason for that is due to those countries having pre-existing contracts that granted them exclusive rights to providing PW service in their regions (eg - Japan, Malaysia, etc.).

Almost all the countries that actually play games are banned*** my bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So what are you saying, that only Asians play games? Because apart from that sounding borderline racist, I know plenty of people in Europe and South America who say otherwise.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Almost all the countries that actually play games are banned*** my bad.

hey shh before the BRs hear of this and flock to us.

@dtz, yes but in those countries it is a common thing for people to play mmos, VERY common, heck the game cards are sold in a lot of places in those countries, in USA we got the game cards at 7/11 and walmart and barely more places and we supposedly have a lot of mmo players/ but not really
    edited December 2008
    Wheres My African Pride?

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serjah - Heavens Tear
    Serjah - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I didn't really read everything. But this is my thoughts.

This is PWI. Not PWUSA. The only problem about PWI is that it blocked most of the countries that has a time of averagely 10AM-4PM anyway. The East/West coast players in NA gets a TW time of 8-11PM and 11-2AM. EU gets a TW time of 5AM.

Basically, this server doesn't really make sense at all. It can't be called International. it can't be called North America. Someone can make up a name for it.

I'll repeat myself. This server isn't International at all. Almost all the countries are IP banned. The TW times are horrible for NA/EU and only good for a small portion around the world due to the IP ban.

b:victory best reply so far

the only countries the tw/events times make sense to are USA and CANADA.
    the game should be called PW-NorthAmerica, end of story.

GMS, either change the name of the game or change the TW / EVENTS times, DO NOT MISLEAD PEOPLE , the game is NOT INTERNATIONAL AT ALL
    A patch full of glitch,
    Makes my eyes twitch.
    Should i continue playing this game or switch,
    because this is a serious problem and not a simple itch.
    Some bug abusing noob gets rich,
    While a honest players get the ditch.
    Please rollback if you wanna enrich,
    or this game would just be a ****

by xtrm9
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wheres My African Pride?

I feel you, my brother.
    b:victory best reply so far

the only countries the tw/events times make sense to are USA and CANADA.
    the game should be called PW-NorthAmerica, end of story.

GMS, either change the name of the game or change the TW / EVENTS times, DO NOT MISLEAD PEOPLE , the game is NOT INTERNATIONAL AT ALL

PWI will not be changing its name anytime soon because the game is indeed international.

The fact that we service thousands of players, from several dozen nations outside of North America speaks volumes.

This thread is at its most effective when posters take a rational view in expressing their dis-satisfaction with scheduling and service for non North American regions and actually provide constructive feedback that we can then chew on and ponder.

The next person that demands a name change because they deem this game NOT international will get this thread locked.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
    edited December 2008
    I feel you, my brother.

PWI will not be changing its name anytime soon because the game is indeed international.

The fact that we service thousands of players, from several dozen nations outside of North America speaks volumes.

This thread is at its most effective when posters take a rational view in expressing their dis-satisfaction with scheduling and service for non North American regions and actually provide constructive feedback that we can then chew on and ponder.

The next person that demands a name change because they deem this game NOT international will get this thread locked.

WOOOT AFRICAN LOVE! b:victory which part you from? im from johannesburg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.