pwi not pwusa

Shiningon - Sanctuary
Shiningon - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
thanks for closing my original thread you must be from the usa. the point is if u had a modicum of imagination or were from Europe you would see the point. ie the game is bias towards PST time. Ever thought we might not want to do TW's at 4.00 am.
Post edited by Shiningon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    btw i'm not saying people from usa lack imagination only the ones who can't read between the lines. go usa ! yeh
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ill second that my friend why call it perfect world INTERNATIONAL when its clearly not international friendly.. eg-the new radio-tw times-etc etc..im european myself and it doesnt bother me in the slightest as my guild doesnt tw but im sure it effects alot ppl
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's not even firendly for US players living on the east coast. TWs start at 23:00 and can end at 02:00...

Numerous players have pointed out that fact to them already, some even gave them ideal times that would fit most of their player base.

But in their great wisdom, PWI decided it's better to make TW at hours that are best for players on the US west coast, the middle of the Pacific Ocean (sooo many players are living under that big piece of water and on islands such as Easter Island, Tahiti, and Fiji... Much more than US east coast and Europe I'm sure) and western asian countries such as China, Japan, Korea and Malaysia (most of wich are IP blocked anyway...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's not even firendly for US players living on the east coast. TWs start at 23:00 and can end at 02:00...

Numerous players have pointed out that fact to them already, some even gave them ideal times that would fit most of their player base.

But in their great wisdom, PWI decided it's better to make TW at hours that are best for players on the US west coast, the middle of the Pacific Ocean (sooo many players are living under that big piece of water and on islands such as Easter Island, Tahiti, and Fiji... Much more than US east coast and Europe I'm sure) and western asian countries such as China, Japan, Korea and Malaysia (most of wich are IP blocked anyway...)

so true, msot the times for EU suck, but yah even on east coast a lot are really late, the old times (EST instead of PST) seemed better for most the playerbase, although they were still too late for EU
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    Ennvi - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i said this in closed beta that it was purely based for USA and anyone outside has to basically put up with it.
    i would have moved to pw eu but it was too late i spent too much time here already.
    theres also no other language clients so your stuck with English or nothing. how that classes as international is rather a mystery.
    i guess its a case of false advertising. but i wonder if they mentions before release that PW multi lingual was going to be out a few months after PWI how many would have not started here.
    i guess in the states International mean only americans who speak english.
  • RoGz - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    i said this in closed beta that it was purely based for USA and anyone outside has to basically put up with it.
    i would have moved to pw eu but it was too late i spent too much time here already.
    theres also no other language clients so your stuck with English or nothing. how that classes as international is rather a mystery.
    i guess its a case of false advertising. but i wonder if they mentions before release that PW multi lingual was going to be out a few months after PWI how many would have not started here.

haha i liked it
    edited December 2008

More specifically : USA Pacific Coast....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Could it just be that the server is based on the US west coast and TW is programmed into the game to happen at a certain time report from the server?

So, the best way to fix this, would be maybe to open up a server in europe? Then TW there happens at the proper server time for europeans?

Could be something to do with the unactivated Etherblade Server?
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    tankhunter wrote: »
    Could it just be that the server is based on the US west coast and TW is programmed into the game to happen at a certain time report from the server?

So, the best way to fix this, would be maybe to open up a server in europe? Then TW there happens at the proper server time for europeans?

Could be something to do with the unactivated Etherblade Server?

no not realy. there a plenty of other USA hosted INTERNATIONAL games that accomodate for other languages and for the times also. it seems they thought that its ok for International people outside the USA to do TWs at 4 am or events at midnight.
    and no they wonjt open a European server and if they did are they going to transfer all the EU people to it?? no they will make us start again and lvl again and buy more Zen or tell us to go to PWML and as i said earlier if they told us in closed beta that in a few months therewas going to be a PW multi language aka PWEU then im sure 99% of the europeans would have waited and started there. But the problem now is that most of us are 60+ or higher and some non english speaking people have even had to translate quests just to be able to do them. only to find out that irrelevent of lvls they cant compete in TWs unless they either wake up early or stay up late. look at it the other way. how many people in USA would want to wake up between 2 - 6 am to play a TW?
    point people are making is that its soley biast towards the USA and the other people included in the *caugh*international*caugh* game are not even concidered.
    even the stupid boss invasion events are at midnight for UK and 1 - 2 am for people in other areas of EU.
    as i said before USA defination of International is completely different to everywhere else in the world.
    it would be nice if they could be conciderate of people in EU rather than a simple like it or lump it attitude
  • tankhunter
    tankhunter Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Shaiya had the exact same issues you mentioned, events were happening and the EU players found it horribly difficult to take part in. Guess what happened? Aeria Games opened up a European server at the same time as their EU moderators were shifting their scheduals around to make events happen more often that were more accessable to the players on the American based servers. Add insult to injury all of us American players who had to work to unlock Hard mode for character creation the EU players got for no work at server bootup.

Still, by design Shaiya, just like PWI, was geared around its American based servers because at the time those were the only available servers they had.

So think on that for a moment. TW happens according to a set server time, which runs by the internal server clock. If we were to take an American server to an EU nation and then boot it up, TWs would STILL happen at their set programmed time, a time when you EU players play.

Please keep in mind that it takes TIME for a International game to become TRUELY International.

And that comment about how many people in the USA would wake up between 2-6AM to play TWs: More then you possibly think. Gamers are Gamers and Gaming happens 24/7, dedicated gamers will wake up at any time and play for any length of time to meet or beat the competition. How the hell do you think those Starcraft Guru's over there in Korea win all those Starcraft Tournaments?

So less Q_Q please, it gets you nowhere. Complain all you like, but you are more likely to get an EU server then TWs getting a time change.

Actually, how about we get some GMs who are active on the EU timezones so that those monster spawn events happen round the clock?
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    i know alot of people would play at that time, i personally would and will. but then im an adult without children.
    but of course there are younger people who play and adults with children who cant play at those times.
    And i have seen times adjusted slightly to try and make things more accesable for everyone im not saying i exoect it.
    my main concern/problme is mainly due to the internation point yet you have to be pretty fluent in english to play it.
    alot of people in game are french/german/spanish and more and i know its very hard for them to play because they have to keep translating things or asking for help and as some have said to me, sometime they dont ask because thye fell silly doing so. which is a shame because everyone should be able to enjoy it.
    and it was a dissapointment to many of us that there was no other language clients for this version. and no mention about PE multi lingual which came out a few months after PWI.
    But we will still play now because we spent the time. i dont expact there to be sudden changes but maybe in the future something will change possibly some other languages implemented or like people say a EU based server or even just the times changed my an hour here and there. Or even like you say the boss events happening throughout the day, which i think wouldnt just benefit the EU people but everyone as the hardcore and casual gamers will all get a chance, and possibly it will be less of a lag fest. or at least interesting with some obvious pvping going on on our server.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I personally stay up till 4 AM every night during the weekend. (Considering i can't play when there's school)
    Back.
  • sherbet
    sherbet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Honestly it's not as big as a deal as everyone's making it out to be. A lot of the world and I'm sure the players DO speak English, its for convince. If you really want to be in TW then do what the other euro players do and suck it up by staying up or waking up early, otherwise miss out on it. All the other European players I play with have yet to complain. It's just a game, its there for fun you can choose to participate or not :/.

b:thanks
    edited December 2008
    sherbet wrote: »
    If you really want to be in TW then do what the other euro players do and suck it up by staying up or waking up early, otherwise miss out on it. All the other European players I play with have yet to complain. It's just a game, its there for fun you can choose to participate or not :/.

Not everyone is a no-life 14 years old kid living off at the expense of their parents who can afford to stay up late at night or early in the morning.

There are timings that would fit much better a good chunk of their player base as was pointed out in some other threads about this same subject.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RoGz - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    sherbet wrote: »
    Honestly it's not as big as a deal as everyone's making it out to be. A lot of the world and I'm sure the players DO speak English, its for convince. If you really want to be in TW then do what the other euro players do and suck it up by staying up or waking up early, otherwise miss out on it. All the other European players I play with have yet to complain. It's just a game, its there for fun you can choose to participate or not :/.

b:thanks

the times are ****,period.and myself i dont have the chioce of getting up at 4-5am in morning to do a tw because id be a zombie the whole next day so it would be nice if i could particapate
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm in the Mnt time zone. Half of the year im aligned with Pst time zone. Even though it is earlier for me than most people, I still think its too late for me. I can't imagine how much it sucks for east coast or Euro players. I wouldn't mind seeing TW done 3 hours earlier. This wouldn't help Euro players and honestly I don't know what would help them and not make hard on USA players. But seeing as the game company that distributes this is based out of California, I don't see much changing.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • sherbet
    sherbet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not everyone is a no-life 14 years old kid living off at the expense of their parents who can afford to stay up late at night or early in the morning.

There are timings that would fit much better a good chunk of their player base as was pointed out in some other threads about this same subject.
    Never said they were, I just stated if its not changing you just need to deal with it until it does, people do have days off and holidays, do it then. As of right now though no one needs to get angry at GMs or people over it. Like I said its just a game, you can choose to participate and mold your schedule if its possible if you want to.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    If you really want to TW, you'll make it at whatever time. On MY-EN, I always made it to the 5:00AM TWs.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Dirik - Sanctuary
    Dirik - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    no not realy. there a plenty of other USA hosted INTERNATIONAL games that accomodate for other languages and for the times also. it seems they thought that its ok for International people outside the USA to do TWs at 4 am or events at midnight.
    and no they wonjt open a European server and if they did are they going to transfer all the EU people to it?? no they will make us start again and lvl again and buy more Zen or tell us to go to PWML and as i said earlier if they told us in closed beta that in a few months therewas going to be a PW multi language aka PWEU then im sure 99% of the europeans would have waited and started there. But the problem now is that most of us are 60+ or higher and some non english speaking people have even had to translate quests just to be able to do them. only to find out that irrelevent of lvls they cant compete in TWs unless they either wake up early or stay up late. look at it the other way. how many people in USA would want to wake up between 2 - 6 am to play a TW?
    point people are making is that its soley biast towards the USA and the other people included in the *caugh*international*caugh* game are not even concidered.
    even the stupid boss invasion events are at midnight for UK and 1 - 2 am for people in other areas of EU.
    as i said before USA defination of International is completely different to everywhere else in the world.
    it would be nice if they could be conciderate of people in EU rather than a simple like it or lump it attitude

totally agree wit u. Even though im from Canada its still pretty inconsiderate about the TW times.
  • itsaboy
    itsaboy Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008

I'm not saying they're right about calling it pwI and making times best for us west coast types (not that *I* mind too much ;p) Also it's silly to not have language packs, in any case. However, English IS an international language. In fact air pilots must all speak English.
  • Dele - Lost City
    Dele - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Why don't you suck it up? I know alot of europeans who wake up for TW's and they don't complain. They Arn't happy about it but they don't feel the need to make useless posts in the forums. Your just an attention ***** so gtfo plz
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    oooo someones tied. bless your little cotton socks. mayby you shouldn't stay up so late it dos'nt agree we you !!
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Why don't you suck it up? I know alot of europeans who wake up for TW's and they don't complain. They Arn't happy about it but they don't feel the need to make useless posts in the forums. Your just an attention ***** so gtfo plz
    hmmm looks like your trying to work for PWI with your like it or lump it attitude.
    but had you actually read the whole topic rather than skim it you would have seen that im not personally complaining about the times for me but for everyone who doesnt agree with the times and the "international" yet only for English.
    BTW im not attention seeking i didnt even make the first topic about it so infuture while trolling spend a second to read the post your replying to.

to the person who said all air piolets must speak english..... erm who said all mmo gamers must speak english on an international game?? they are not flying anywhere.
    point is thet games are supposed to be enjoyed by everyone its marketed to, calling a game international usually (99.9% of the time) implies english + another language. Which unfortunatly PWI does not.
    And everything is set on times for people in PST time zones. all very well if you have no job, no life, no family commitments and so on.
    but i know for a fact that alot of people do and so dont or cant do some events/TWs thus making the game a bit of a dissapointment as some of the main reasons for gaining lvls and joining guilds is to do TWs and events. And then the times make these people miss out on them.
    Typically the Americans will not have a problem with it, so of course you have to come and say like it or lump it and gtfo and blah blah blah whatever other lame insults you can throw out because you simply cant look at things from other peoples points of view.
    Maybe when you have to work/get the kids to school or anything other than sitting on your **** all day youl understand that some people miss out on the best parts of games because the actual timings were never concidered.
    And also maybe youl spend some time on learning the definitions of international.
    Really if they called it PWenglish or PWusa there wouldnt be a problem.
    Nor would there have been if they said in closed beta that 2 months after PWI is released that PWML was going to be out and more suited for EU then also there wouuldnt have been a problem. many of us would have waiting anf started there.
    But when you have 1 or more 60+ chars and made new friends and got guilds and spents money you dont want to throw it all away to start again.
  • Daoso - Heavens Tear
    Daoso - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Nope, times are probably not going to change. It was the same on the malaysian servers, so you just have to get used to it.
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    there is one thing i find abit frustrating. when u get asked to join a squad for FB for instance and u spend the entire time watching them speak a different language ie not english when they know full well your english and they can type english just as easy but don't bother. It's just rude. and far to clicky for my liking. Anyway they won't be getting my help anymore. Thankyou rant over lol
  • Ennvi - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    there is one thing i find abit frustrating. when u get asked to join a squad for FB for instance and u spend the entire time watching them speak a different language ie not english when they know full well your english and they can type english just as easy but don't bother. It's just rude. and far to clicky for my liking. Anyway they won't be getting my help anymore. Thankyou rant over lol

erm then make your own thread on how you wish it was called PW English only rather than PW International.
    although its not international.
    Like the "new PW radio" Only for USA.

thanks PW
  • Kingofdoom - Sanctuary
    Kingofdoom - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Problem could be solved so easily, yet they don't take the time to do it.

All they have to do is run events throughout the day then it would solve the time Issue for everyone and make everybody's gaming experience alot more pleasurable.

And to make it truly "International" just adding a patch with new languages.

I don't see what is so difficult about these two simple things? :l
  • Shiningon - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    erm then make your own thread on how you wish it was called PW English only rather than PW International.
    although its not international.
    Like the "new PW radio" Only for USA.

thanks PW

I think it's fine that they speak there own language, but not to the point of being rude about it ie totally excluding you from any and all conversation when they no u don't understand what they are saying. Esp. when they asked u for help in the first place.
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Totally Agree PW international my **** PW America all the way sadly i live in Australia so have to deal with the timezone garbage...

I miss all events
    I miss some TW (unless i'm not working)

and the radio now i think that was a nasty rude thing to do Americans only you guys need to read more...
  • Joccey - Sanctuary
    Joccey - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The Problem could be solved so easily, yet they don't take the time to do it.

All they have to do is run events throughout the day then it would solve the time Issue for everyone and make everybody's gaming experience alot more pleasurable.

And to make it truly "International" just adding a patch with new languages.

I don't see what is so difficult about these two simple things? :l

I totally agree, this would solve loads of problems. I am from Australia and Arena starts at 2am my time on a sunday morning, now I wouldn't mind doing that, if my parents allowed me to stay up until then and didn't get upset with me. Yet I'm lucky if I can stay playing my game until midnight even on weekends, so thank you timezones! (sarcasm). I just want it to be easier for me to be able to do what I need/want without worrying about time zones and whether I can or can't do it yet. I need badge of strength which I can only get from an event, yet the event is on at horrible hours for me, so can I do the quest, NO!
This discussion has been closed.