Rare pets killed!?

2»

Comments

• Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I've gone to a few of the rare pets recently. Got into so many fights, haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    telessara wrote: »
    The thing with people killing the rare spawns. 1) you have the people who are just mean and do it cause they can. 2) you have the people who do it for greed.
    There are venos who are higher levels with tons of -channeling gear. They put their high level pets on the rare. They normally tame it before their pet hits second time. If they don't get it it's "oh well cry more noobs."And off they go. They also kill the to keep the prices up of the rares. They do it for the money. And if alot of them get tamed means more for sale and lower prices. Like froggy, spawns in 3 spots. Yet ya don't see many around. Cause they get killed alot. I've been going to kitten and pup spawn an in the last 2 weeks only seen them tamed 3 times. Rest all killed.
    Only thing I can suggest to those wanting to tame for themselves is to try and get there the first 2-3 spawns after server reset. Otherwise good luck fighting the farmers for it.

I dont know which server you play on but usually its the low-mid lvls who are new to spawns that kill them..

I go to rare spawns when guildies ask for help and sometimes I just go to outbeat the farmers to give to newbies in the area.

9 times out of 10 when I see a rare pet killed its not by a high lvl or by a farmer or by someone having a fit.

Its because there are too many newbs there who all have out pets and dont know how to call them back or when to stop attacking or not to attack at all. Newbs are usually the ones responsible for killing it out of their own lack of knowledge of spawns. I mean seriously for a lvl 20 pet do we really need 5-10 other pets called out to stop/damage etc?

Just use a little commen sence, try to let obvious newbs the right way to do spawns, tell people to put away their pets when you see to many out.. and just try educating people.. You will probably see a big difference in spawning..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I dont know which server you play on but usually its the low-mid lvls who are new to spawns that kill them..

I go to rare spawns when guildies ask for help and sometimes I just go to outbeat the farmers to give to newbies in the area.

9 times out of 10 when I see a rare pet killed its not by a high lvl or by a farmer or by someone having a fit.

Its because there are too many newbs there who all have out pets and dont know how to call them back or when to stop attacking or not to attack at all. Newbs are usually the ones responsible for killing it out of their own lack of knowledge of spawns. I mean seriously for a lvl 20 pet do we really need 5-10 other pets called out to stop/damage etc?

Just use a little commen sence, try to let obvious newbs the right way to do spawns, tell people to put away their pets when you see to many out.. and just try educating people.. You will probably see a big difference in spawning..

This is true.. I mean how often do you see Kowlin killed? Uhm, thats right almost never! Because he spawns in a high level area, he's a high level, and if you aren't careful he'll kill you! He killed my pet when I failed on him at a reset recently.

By the time people get to that level they know what they are doing. My friend jokes about killing Kowlin all the time, but from what I have seen, unless he could 1 short the poor devil theres no killing it with all the 60+ Venos on him. He gets tamed in about 2.5 seconds on average. Half of the time, I don't even get to target before hes tamed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Ieeemap - Lost City
    Ieeemap - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    tears... :'(
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Obviously you haven't seen what people have resorted to on the Sanctuary server then.

There are a few venos who have decided that they have enough Shaodu cubs stocked up and are ready to drive away the competition. They log on at the spawn sites, kill the bear, then log right back off.

peregryn wrote:
    Yeah, killing a rare pet is an INCREDIBLY mean thing to do, but, unless you can prove it was done with malicious intent toward another user, it's not against the rules. It gives exp and drops for a reason.

And sadly malicious intent is ...... difficult to prove in many of these kinds of cases. This very question in fact more than doubles the work of GM's attempting to enforce policy on the servers ...... the need to prove intent.

I believe that does qualify as malicious intent.
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Quite possibly, but that was not the point I was making. I was talking about Proving intent. How you make a case to a GM, how the GM makes a case to his/her superiors that Intent existed and can be Proven.

please do note, I am not defending what is being done, especially if it is deliberate.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Dele - Lost City
    Dele - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    join a guild get 5 others to camp out and pk anyone who comes near and stop your pathetic whining on the forums? Kthnxbye
  • AppleBunny - Sanctuary
    AppleBunny - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    join a guild get 5 others to camp out and pk anyone who comes near and stop your pathetic whining on the forums? Kthnxbye

lol you can't PK people who aren't in PK mode on a PvE server

[edit]
    I'm not saying you're defending them peregryn ^^ And from what I've seen, GMs aren't ignoring this issue.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wow... so much QQ. no one is breaking any offense. nothing will happen, its a shame because its rude and spiteful. these people are just asshats. and lol@ the level 6 who is complaining about the higher level getting the spawn... QQ some more? she got to that level, why shouldnt she reap the rewards? because random strangers want the pets? sorry, mother teresa died a long time ago. these are real people. not people in those fairy books you read. people are out for themselves, its not rude, is it greedy? maybe.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InstantMoney - Heavens Tear
    InstantMoney - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    wow... so much QQ. no one is breaking any offense. nothing will happen, its a shame because its rude and spiteful. these people are just asshats. and lol@ the level 6 who is complaining about the higher level getting the spawn... QQ some more? she got to that level, why shouldnt she reap the rewards? because random strangers want the pets? sorry, mother teresa died a long time ago. these are real people. not people in those fairy books you read. people are out for themselves, its not rude, is it greedy? maybe.

I agree. There is really nothing you can do about it. I personaly don't even bother camping the rare spawns. I just buy mine. This keeps me from having to deal with those Asshats and QQ all over the forums. I know it sucks but unless PWI decides to make the Battle Pets non-tradable, this is the way it will always be.
    "One time when me was high, me sold me car for like 24 chicken McNuggets."
    Ali G
  • XBaelx - Lost City
    XBaelx - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Easily fixed Kill them if too high kill them with a group of high levels...

if these stupid things weren't 12hr spawns it would make way more sense typical PW stupidity..
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Let the whinningb:cry and flamingb:angry continues....
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurara_ - Sanctuary
    Aurara_ - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    have you ever tried asking them not to kill the rare pet? I'd say its a 50-50 chance that they might let you tame it if you do.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm a veno and I understand that the rare pets are just like any other mobs to other classes. If they want to kill it just to be an ****, then go ahead because it isn't breaking any rules. I've camped a few times to catch a cub myself but I will never come on a forum to cry and whine about something that isn't wrong. "BooHooHoo, I want that rare pet but I can't get it cuz ppl kept killin' it so I'm gonna whine till mods do something *pout*"
  • Wratha - Sanctuary
    Wratha - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    the level 6 who is complaining about the higher level getting the spawn... QQ some more? she got to that level, why shouldnt she reap the rewards? because random strangers want the pets? its not rude, is it greedy? maybe.

I also have a veno i have been leveling, when I camped a spot for almost twelve hours to find this happening, the frustration is not worth it. I made a formal complaint and was told by PWI via email, almost exactly what Stickygreen said. They commended the people doing it. When I said the particular people were in fact meaning to bully and interfere with my game play, they suggested I (a lvl 40 veno) pvp (a lvl 60+, like that is going to work). So my conclusion is I drop the veno. And I am not the only one felling this way. I have talked to others who are giving up the veno class because of higher level venos being rude and malicious. It isn't about whining or crying, it is simply higher levels being allowed/encouraged to take advantage of new/lower level players.
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I also have a veno i have been leveling, when I camped a spot for almost twelve hours to find this happening, the frustration is not worth it. I made a formal complaint and was told by PWI via email, almost exactly what Stickygreen said. They commended the people doing it. When I said the particular people were in fact meaning to bully and interfere with my game play, they suggested I (a lvl 40 veno) pvp (a lvl 60+, like that is going to work). So my conclusion is I drop the veno. And I am not the only one felling this way. I have talked to others who are giving up the veno class because of higher level venos being rude and malicious. It isn't about whining or crying, it is simply higher levels being allowed/encouraged to take advantage of new/lower level players.

Then don't get a rare pet. Many venos play fine without one. Giving up playing veno simply because they don't have the rare pet that they want is a silly reason.
  • Wratha - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    I don't give it up because of the rare pet, it is because so many players I have met in that class are to competitive over it, and the executives seem to encourage it. Too much hassle and hard feelings that I have seen, I simply dont want to be a part of that, even though playing a veno is really fun :D
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't give it up because of the rare pet, it is because so many players I have met in that class are to competitive over it, and the executives seem to encourage it. Too much hassle and hard feelings that I have seen, I simply dont want to be a part of that, even though playing a veno is really fun :D

LOL, the stats on those rares aren't really good enough to really bother with anyway.... I gave up on rare pets long time ago and just play with regular battlepets, the only rare with half decent all around stats is the froggy anyway.... and the level 45 guardian wolf is nearly just as good(and with MUCH better skills).

I'm not going to waste my time that could be spent grinding levels and making money to camp out for hours on end just to end up dissappointed, and I refuse to shell out 400k-1M to support some greedy **** that insists on taking more than their fair share.

Yeah, the rare pet system is extremely broken, but it's not likely to ever be fixed.... so there's not really much use whining over it, just go pick up the next best normal pet and move on.
  • Wratha - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    very well put swiftlikeafox