So how did you kill kun kun?

Options
/haiku/ - Lost City
/haiku/ - Lost City Posts: 286 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Wizard
He's a little quest boss thing that doesn't attack, but resists all magic attacks and forces you to melee, and it runs from you constantly. He's also surrounded by a lot of aggro mobs including ones that poison. The quest NPC says don't attack it as a group, but I have no idea what happens if you do.

Personally I used a lv1 bow to solo it, lol. It worked fine, except that it did 1 damage per attack and took a while.

I've seen wizards try all kinds of different ways to kill him, some of them were pretty funny and a lot resulted in equally funny deaths. So, how'd you guys kill him? :rolleyes:
/Haiku/ -- Cognitive atrophy at its finest.
No longer the mistress of being ohko PK'd.
Post edited by /haiku/ - Lost City on

Comments

• Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear
    Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm grinding away, almost to lvl 14. Just wondering if the quests with bosses are only at the x9 levels (FB19 e.g.), or if they show up at one NPC or another when you are at a certain level. Right now there are a lot of NPC's that have a quest related option, but then when I select, it says, "No soup for you" (not really, but that's the gist).
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    On Heavens Tear, I pulled him with a pet. Was pretty easy. I watched someone else first though, just to find out how hard he was :)
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I ditched the quest and did Crazy Stone one more time instead. ;)
  • Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Well, the reward isn't amazing (only 1XP, 1SP iirc), but it leads onto another quest which allows you to get a free transiguration scroll.

As a Veno, I suppose it is easy to just send pet in to cause physical attack - I would recommend just melee attacking it (get a few potions on hand in case you aggro) then flying or running into the water to get rid of the aggroed mobs.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the info about the scroll. I went back and got the quest again, and finished it to get the scroll. The trick I used was to keep moving around so that whenever Kun Kun ran away from me, it ran towards town. That way I was safe.
  • Retrickster - Lost City
    Retrickster - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I hit kun kun, then had a warrior knock down most of his hp then I hit him one more time for the kill.
    Me and the warrior where obviously not in a party.
  • czajan
    czajan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i poked it to death with my wand LOL

died 3 times ^____^
  • Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear
    Kingofhearts - Heavens Tear Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I just went near him and he dropped dead when he saw my awesomeness.b:laugh
    "there is still much to be done"
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I forgot about this thread. b:laugh It's nice to know you can just finish it off to get the kill credit, but that kills the creativity. xD

aaaand no Fitz, there are minibosses for a lot of different quests.

Just saw another one come up with the bow idea. Wonder if they read it here? O:

Oh, and I mean no other casting classes/builds disrespect, but the question was aimed at wizards. :P
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    LOL it was funny to see other classes posting their strategies in a Wizard thread :P They just dont know how hard it was to kill Kun Kun.

Luckily for me a nearby Barb saw me chasing him and with one hit took down half his HP, while my hits we doing 3 damage at best :D.

I'd probably still be trying to kill him if it wasnt for that friendly barb...
    I like pie
  • Darkshao - Heavens Tear
    Darkshao - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I cornered it to shore where there wasn't any mobs nearby... Then I just whacked him to death with my staff :D Took approx 10 minutes and 1 death.
  • Clara - Lost City
    Clara - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i had to chase him all around the silver pool with a bow that did 1-2 dmg^^b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • openwide
    openwide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The trick is, he always runs AWAY from you. clear out the mobs around him, then get behind him and chase him away from all the monsters. If you can get him to the shoreline, just chase him back and forth along the shore, by standing on the opposite side of him that you would like him to go. I hope that made sense
  • Jamie - Lost City
    Jamie - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Kun Kun was like the easiest quest I've done so far... Me & My Golem killed him in like 5 seconds, only aggroed one mob. For a Level 100, Kun Kun needs to toughen up and get some Def Build! =D
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    hit it with my stick till it died... about 10 minutes later -.-
    omg im posting stuff.
  • algarith
    algarith Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I whacked him with my FB19 reward wand (2-3 dmg per hit, 5 on a crit).

The trick is to "herd" him south to the water edge, as he can't swim. If he resets, he at least doesn't gain his life back.
  • Mimiro - Lost City
    Mimiro - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I got Deity to complain a lot in world chat and annoyed him to death. :)
  • /haiku/ - Lost City
    edited October 2008
    Options
    @Jamie, sorry, but this has been said already and this topic is even in the wizard section. This was a question for WIZARDS, not venos. Wizards don't have pets.

@Mimiro, tbh that could make any boss kill himself. :(

Just saw a wiz wacking him to death with a level 1 axe. He said it did more damage than his wand, good to keep in mind if you plan on wacking him to death. :o
  • Mimiro - Lost City
    Mimiro - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options

Too true. xD

I've read a lot of the arguments when I'm questing and need amusement, I'm not really sure what the probably is, but Deity has to have some problems. D:

I just did the quest today with a friend, the first time it failed he hit it to low health and when I finish ed it off it didn't give me the quest, the second time we did it he just hit it once or twice and I finished half it's health off.

I don't see why this boss is around because it's a pain for wizard to do, but I got it done and now I'm just deciding on if I wanna sell or use the makeover scroll. lol
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    This thread will turn up in a search, so forgive those who try to be a good forum member and use the search. It will also turn up in 'New Posts' and neither the question nor it's title are clear about the class restriction.

Do you have a Damage Over Time skill? I had the impression that my Blazing Scarab got a few points of damage through every second, even though it shouldn't. It will also 'lock' you and Kun Kun into battle, making it easier to dispose of interfering mob's while not loosing 'aggro' from Kun Kun (and him healing up). Also keep in mind also that effects like slow and sleep should still occur and can be useful.
  • WuSuang - Sanctuary
    WuSuang - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I just hit it with my magic weapon of awesomeness and it died =D

(I didn't die once since i sorta drove Kun-Kun the way i wanted to, kinda like the Cowboys when they are leaded a pack of cows ^.^)
  • loregiver
    loregiver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I ran Kun Kun north out of the mob zone and into the spiral coastal area where there were much less players to KS it one hit to my many, and no other mobs around so I could kill it at my leisure. And the coast's spiral shape served to effectively trap it from running around to crazily.

~Loregiver
  • wyatterp
    wyatterp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i watched some BM get poisoned to death by the spiders nearbye, but he just happened to get the hp down far enough where i took two wacks and it was dead
  • DjinnShaman - Lost City
    DjinnShaman - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I umm, used charms lol the ones u make by decomposing equipments then made it from apothcarey crafting, but it didn't help much, i died the first time w/o charms
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I am a veno ingame but I did make the experience at the time that my magic attacks did work... Didn't even need my pet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Qarlynd - Lost City
    Qarlynd - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    IF you notice, you can herd him wherever you want him to go by getting behind him and hitting him. So, I just herded him into the village where there were no mobs and just beat him down with melee.
  • Hmgboi - Sanctuary
    Hmgboi - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    kun kun is easy to killed just melee it even though it run just dont let it get near other mob they will inturupt ur match while killing kun kun.

kun kun doesn't attack at all so its easy to killed it even magic attack work although its lvl 100 its still weak
    b:victoryb
    b:laugh
  • Qarlynd - Lost City
    Qarlynd - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    welcome to the wizards forum Hmgboi, Wizards do not get magical physical attacks, but thanks for the input.

P.S. - BM forums are that way b:bye
  • complexx
    complexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    @Jamie, sorry, but this has been said already and this topic is even in the wizard section. This was a question for WIZARDS, not venos. Wizards don't have pets.

Just saw a wiz wacking him to death with a level 1 axe. He said it did more damage than his wand, good to keep in mind if you plan on wacking him to death. :o

I tossed a magical thunderbolt at him and crit for 1337
    b:cute

Sinnerz Lost City PvP.
This discussion has been closed.