Way Too Expensive!!!!

Comments

• Archey - Sanctuary
    Archey - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    stickygreen :) lol nice. i got some nice sticky green for sale. cant buy that with game money woot :P
  • HisanoShino - Heavens Tear
    HisanoShino - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well most people probably to lazy to pick up coins ingame and revert to those really coins they have lol
    considering the fact that i can buy those gold in game i would say time to move out and grab all those coins "littering" on the floor
  • B_O_N_D - Lost City
    B_O_N_D - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this thread is a joke.. right?

PWI NEEDS TO MAKE AN INCOME SOME HOW .... dontcha think? considering its a free game, no one's forcing u to use CS, u can buy coins from in game or CS items, stop complaining, YOU go and make a FREE mmorpg and then talk to me b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Forsakenx
  • HoLyVieR - Sanctuary
    HoLyVieR - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    All the expensive stuff in the cash shop are permananent. Also most game need you to pay around 15$/month to be premium, so lets take a look at what you can get for 15$/month :

- 30 zend on a mount (based on some playing 2 years).
    - 20 zend on a flying sword (based on some playing 2 years).
    - 4 zend on 1 gold mp charm.
    - 4 zend on 1 gold hp charm.
    - 4,5 zend on 10 trainning esoteria.

For a total of about 14,5$/month. And most people can level up easily with way less stuff then that. If you put everything in perspective it's not that expensive.
  • benlehardy
    benlehardy Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Most of the people posting on this thread are under the fasle impression that this is a free game; this is not the case. The advertising for the game may be a little bit at fault here:"Perfect world blabla free to play blabla". The server infrastructure, the bandwith and the people salary have to be paid and a profit has to be made somewhere.

The question here is how much should you pay per month to get the full experience of the game. Well it depends on what type of player you are.
    -Causual player like me: not much...since i dont care about my barbarian having the best stats, the best equip and all the advantages the game can offer to it. Bare in mind that you wont be able to stand with the in crowd...your char beeing so lame: Ho! you dont have a horse yet.
    Here you can learn from your death.
  • benlehardy
    benlehardy Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    (suite et fin)
    -Hardcore player: Plays a lot. Wants every perks. uses charms like candy. Need orbs to refined everything he has. Does'nt have time to farm because he wants some action all the time. wants every item existing in the game. Will cost him greatly much more than a meer 15 bucks a month, i think. But will be quite valued and admired by others Hardcore players.

The cost: it's all about your play style and how deep you want your game experience to be. For me i find myself forced to pay 5$ a month 60$ a year on principles alone(even if i dont buy anything from the store). Hey its not free...

Ps: Sorry about the english i am french-canadian.
    Here you can learn from your death.
  • Dirik - Sanctuary
    Dirik - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    benlehardy wrote: »
    (suite et fin)

The cost: it's all about your play style and how deep you want your game experience to be. For me i find myself forced to pay 5$ a month 60$ a year on principles alone(even if i dont buy anything from the store). Hey its not free...

Ps: Sorry about the english i am french-canadian.

totally agree!!! im pretty much a casual player and i dont wanna pay because im a casualy player

Ps: GO FRENCH-CANADIANS!!!!
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    So glad I live in Europe, then. We take advantage of the dollar being cheaper than the euro. 50 dollars is 39 euros here, so everything is cheaper for Europeans. I think that's where most of the money comes from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • l1ghtn1ng36
    l1ghtn1ng36 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think the prices is mad and if they cut the prices there would be more income from people buying stuff at a reasonable price! More people would spend cash on a fair priced product and the players would all be happy and get more pleasure out of the game = play more and maybe buy more stuff.
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hmm.

Well, I have to agree I don't agree with some of the pricing in the CS.

I've got no problem with fashion items, they can be whatever price, but it's the stuff like Charms that are a bit unfair.

Considering they get used up in uh... about 10 minutes, why should they be so expensive?

Also, the "Player Packs", don't make any sense to me.

The Spirit Charm and Gold Packs are 16 Gold each, I suppose that's fine since you get some of the best Veno pets in there.

But the "Beginner Pack" is 20, what Beginner is going to have 20 zen to spend on that, especially when it's just filled with misc. things they don't really have use for until later on in the game?

And someone mentioned cutting the prices would double the amount of people buying; not quite.

The demand for CS items is very elastic, and they border on necessity in game instead of luxury.

If the prices for CS items were to go down, the decrease in price would be made up by an even larger increase in people buying zen to buy from the fairly prices Boutique, which leads to an overall increased Total Revenue.

tl;dr: Decrease the prices to get more money.
  • Kingofdoom - Sanctuary
    Kingofdoom - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't think i'l be buying anything from the cash shop again, as I spent 10 pound which is worth more than 10 US dollars, yet I still only got the same amount of Gold as if i'd had spent 10 Dollars

That is a rip off

I refuse to buy anything till this is sorted, and some of the prices are just ridiculous anyway.

I like the game but this angers me b:angry
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Look at first, I totally agreed with a lot of what was being said. But I think the spirit packs are quite cheap when you think of how many you get. Five is a nice amount especially for those barbs and clerics that need them when they are zhen, tanking, and doing TT. Now I'm a veno and I know what most people say about venos. You'll say, 'But Rose, you are veno and you make money so easily its not that big of a deal for you.'

How many games let you keep permanent flyers, mounts, clothing. In most games, cash shops these things aren't permanent. You may have them for everything from a week to just a couple of hours. Not only that, you can actually buy gold with zen. I don't know how the prices are on the other servers, but the prices for gold to zen on Sanctuary aren't that bad. I actually made an alt veno so that I could farm lvl 20 DQ and sell my drops for some quick cash. They even have made it so that you can get $10 at a time. While I do want to get one of the uber battle pets, right now I just can't afford it. *sigh* A girl can dream. The prices in MY-EN for cubi are a lot cheaper but last I heard do you don't a pack with five charms at once. I like this game and I want it to continue. No one is forcing any of you to buy from the cash shop because there are people like me who will continue to buy. If you think this is expensive, you should check out the prices on Perfect World Europe then come back and tell me that PWI is expensive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well, for all those arguments about how more players would buy from the cash shop if the cut the price? There was one back there saying that if the price was cut in half there would be twice as many buyers. Well, actually, there would be a lot more players and buyers. Imagine if all of these current playrs go and advertise to their friends that don't play that this awesome game just lowered their prices for money bought things, don't you think that there would be 3 times as many buyers AND players? Maybe even 4 times as much. Plus, some people just buy a small amount from the Cash Shop, but what if the prices were lowered and they became buyers again?

Well, I'm one of those players that wants stuff from the Cash Shop. I was actually going to get gold for Christmas this year. But when we ordered it, it got screwed up and suspended and everyone at my house is pissed off because we were all working on getting it right. If they should fix anything soon, it should be some fraud clames and the suspension stuff first. They probably lost a lot of buyers from that already. I might become one of them if this doesn't become better soon.

Merry Christmas all! b:bye
  • DeadFriend - Heavens Tear
    DeadFriend - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it is way overpriced. I payed $20 so far and it hardly got me anything. 1 gold should be worth like 10 cents or even 50 cents. It really sucks that they don't lower their prices. I only buy the things I absoulutely need from the store.

TOO EXPENSIVE FOR TOO LITTLE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teny - Heavens Tear
    Teny - Heavens Tear Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    okay... so you just repeated what I said ._.;
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    nah..just leave the price tag as it is ...there's no fun when the server's flooded with gold and everyone has a latest mount...
    Money rulez ><
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I think the cash shop is alright, if it was too low, everything wouldnt be "Special" becasue it would all be so cheap and lots of people would have it!

With it being so high ... your kidda "Showing off"

Iv already spent 160$ on this game, and planning to spend more :D

I love this game so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • Meeeowwwwww - Lost City
    Meeeowwwwww - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, it is way overpriced. I payed $20 so far and it hardly got me anything. 1 gold should be worth like 10 cents or even 50 cents. It really sucks that they don't lower their prices. I only buy the things I absoulutely need from the store.

TOO EXPENSIVE FOR TOO LITTLE!

if it was worth 1Gold=10 cents, you could buy like everything in the cash shop with 20$

1Gold=50 cents, for one, alot of people would be pissed off ... I sure would be ... Alot of stuff would go down in price also, the Materials and all the other stuff ... I wouldnt want to go to there >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you need me, just Meeeeoowwwwwww!
    b:dirty
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't think i'l be buying anything from the cash shop again, as I spent 10 pound which is worth more than 10 US dollars, yet I still only got the same amount of Gold as if i'd had spent 10 Dollars

Please contact the Support Ticketing system to discuss any personal billing issues you've had with the billing department.

From a back-of-napkin estimation, though, doesn't 10 pounds translate to roughly 13-15 USD right now? I don't think there are currently too much in terms of extra charges, but unless the British pound increased significantly in value, I don't think there's enough on the card to pull another charge. The remaining currency should still be on the card, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silentrichy
    silentrichy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Although it is expensive if the prices dropped some people would think it is unfair that they bought it for a higher price. >< Anyways it is optional.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Price drop would have nothing to do with fairness to previous customers, just as sales don't mean you ripped off previous customers. Prices are fine where they are, everything you want shouldn't be obtained from a single charge. Having the prices as they are makes people prioritise and is doing well at keeping the game balanced. Stop it with the whole "Half price, twice as many buyers" argument, it is pure speculation and obviously isn't getting anyone anywhere.
  • mastermc
    mastermc Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Price drop would have nothing to do with fairness to previous customers, just as sales don't mean you ripped off previous customers. Prices are fine where they are, everything you want shouldn't be obtained from a single charge. Having the prices as they are makes people prioritise and is doing well at keeping the game balanced. Stop it with the whole "Half price, twice as many buyers" argument, it is pure speculation and obviously isn't getting anyone anywhere.

My best guess would be you HAVEN'T playe don any of the other pw server around the world. The conversion in my-en is 1 = 3 (about)and yet the market here and other server are by far better then it is here. The only thing these high price are doing is turning more people to play the other servers, and keep gold sells in game pockets full because they can sell them for high price then else where. There is no balance here it keep the rich/stupid people happy. While leaving those with less cash or those that don't want to spend taht much on so little, in the dirt.
    edited December 2008
    mastermc wrote: »
    My best guess would be you HAVEN'T playe don any of the other pw server around the world. The conversion in my-en is 1 = 3 (about)and yet the market here and other server are by far better then it is here. The only thing these high price are doing is turning more people to play the other servers, and keep gold sells in game pockets full because they can sell them for high price then else where. There is no balance here it keep the rich/stupid people happy. While leaving those with less cash or those that don't want to spend taht much on so little, in the dirt.
    I have played on MY-EN. It's laggy, full of bots which aren't managed and spammed to hell by gold sellers. After taking 10 minutes work decipher your horrid grammar I have worked out that you are trying to say that high gold prices keeps the pocket of gold sellers full. That is certainly not true, prehaps it's you who hasn't played on any of the other versions, the price per gold in AH is many times higher than what they are in PWI. In other versions people can afford gold so easily that it completely destroys the economy as gold sellers (Basically half the server) create hyperinflation with their ridiculous earnings from selling their cheaply bought Gold. You have no idea what you are talking about, I have only spend $10 on this game so far at level 74, I am constantly running on charms and always geared to my needs, all it takes is a little in game merchanting to be able to afford what you need.
  • Myai - Heavens Tear
    Myai - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have played on MY-EN. It's laggy, full of bots which aren't managed and spammed to hell by gold sellers. After taking 10 minutes work decipher your horrid grammar I have worked out that you are trying to say that high gold prices keeps the pocket of gold sellers full. That is certainly not true, prehaps it's you who hasn't played on any of the other versions, the price per gold in AH is many times higher than what they are in PWI. In other versions people can afford gold so easily that it completely destroys the economy as gold sellers (Basically half the server) create hyperinflation with their ridiculous earnings from selling their cheaply bought Gold. You have no idea what you are talking about, I have only spend $10 on this game so far at level 74, I am constantly running on charms and always geared to my needs, all it takes is a little in game merchanting to be able to afford what you need.

Well, for one, if people are poor, why would they be playing a game that takes up their time on a computer?! Computers cost a lot, and if they're poor enough that they can't afford a few bucks for some clothing (because there are people who would rather buy clothing than charms or angels, a lot of them too) why do they have a computer they're playing on anyways? Shouldn't they spend they're time doing other stuff other than playing a game? And most players can't get gold because their parents don't want to 'waste' money on a game that they think is just gonna get boring soon. If people are really so poor that they can't use some money to make themselves happy about something, then they should get a life. Literally. If you really feel like you're in the dirt, stop playing the game until you make a few bucks of your own to spend on the game! and if it's parents saying no, show them your money and say, "I'll pay you back!" sheesh, that's how I get my gold; I pay my parents back, so i'm losing my OWN MONEY and not mooching off of my PARENTS. God, use what's in your head, that's what it's there for! Parent's don't like to use their own money for our 'stupid little needs', as some of them see it, so show them how much you want it and if you REALLY want it, find a way to get it! Don't blame the people who figured out how to get it ourselves. And you can trade gold for coins anyways. It's so easy to get coins too, i don't see why you all complain so much! If you buy the gold with coins, what you're basically doing is buy gold, with pixels. Sheesh. Look at the whole situation, not only your problem.

Edit: Wow, I wrote quite a bit... Guess I got heated up ^^;
  • supaman8282
    supaman8282 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Id just like to say im very dissapointed in perfect world entertainments business ethics. u guys are basically scam artists. only legally. Dont get me wrong the game is wonderful but to portray ursel as a free to play MMORPG and then to come out costing MORE THAN World of Warcraft by far is a little heinous in my opinion. and the way its done is so pre meditatedly corrupt and decietful. u dont actually really start charging ppl til their so far into the game and have spent countless hours lvling up their character that they find it very hard to just quit. once u get up in lvls u need so many things to get anywhere further. u need tons of heirograms if u wanna progress much after lvl 50 not to mention the 45 dollar ground mount and 20 dollar flying mount. then everythin else u need is right there, just type in ur credit card number and u get anything u need in this game. u basically created a free WoW where u guys are also the corrupt Gold Sellers at the same time. I bet u guys took some notes from Sun Tzus Art of War huh. well good job. just dont expect anything good to come of ur decietful ways other than the money ur raking in. one year of WoW cost about 160$. in this game u could spend well over 1000 dollars easily befor u even reach max lvl. u guys are like drug dealers. at least lower the price on the darn Gold!! 1 dollar = 1 gold? its not that i dont like the game but i dont like how i was so cleverly decieved and then im still expected to support u??

PS- I could go on and on about Perfect World ENTERTAINMENTS decietful tactics of taking ur money (as in makin the lvling so monotously boring as u can only grind for ur lvls but then sellin 50% exp tomes, and etc. etc. etc.) but theres no need. the countless obvious examples are right in front of u everytime u play the game. everytime u wanna buy something from the cash shop its all planned. planned to be something pretty much required to progress. and yeah yeah all of u who say if u dont like it DONT pay!! RIGHT but thats not what im talking about. im talking about the decietfulness and time they wasted out of ur life when u finally get to that point of sayin "hey do i wanna continue the game and pay money?? or quit and waste all that previous time i spent on it." Do u even feel comfortable paying these guys after the trickery theyve done to u? See I CAME to this game cuz it was FREE now I see it cost more than WoW. please dont portray urselves as free when ur not. and yeah i guess u COULD play for free but it would be extremely difficult and EXTREMELY long to get up towards end game. i couldnt do it. anyway GG Perfect World Entertainment!! Good job scamming THOUSANDS of people! but hey thats just my opinion.
  • killik123
    killik123 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    People should stop buying to the bontique so they drop their prices. I want a reindeer and wings of daedalus. The deer itself costs 20 gold and i need spurs upgrade which costs 15 gold so i can use the mount. Wings of daedalus costs 20 gold. Thats 55 gold, 55 dollars. I dont care if they are permament, i can get Grand Theft Auto 4 for 55 dollars and keep for life.

55 dollars is about
  • Ermosa - Heavens Tear
    Ermosa - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    if cash shop would be cheaper then there would be nonstop zhen parties going on, it is not fun. It is not that hard to save money and buy whatever you want from cash shop.
    You can get lots of DQ items while grind and get money for charms and there will be cash left, to save for other things.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Killik123, a lot of foreign currency symbols aren't supported properly; please stick to the word for the currency if you don't mind. Tech is looking at the issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Id just like to say im very dissapointed in perfect world entertainments business ethics. u guys are basically scam artists. only legally. Dont get me wrong the game is wonderful but to portray ursel as a free to play MMORPG and then to come out costing MORE THAN World of Warcraft by far is a little heinous in my opinion. and the way its done is so pre meditatedly corrupt and decietful. u dont actually really start charging ppl til their so far into the game and have spent countless hours lvling up their character that they find it very hard to just quit. once u get up in lvls u need so many things to get anywhere further. u need tons of heirograms if u wanna progress much after lvl 50 not to mention the 45 dollar ground mount and 20 dollar flying mount. then everythin else u need is right there, just type in ur credit card number and u get anything u need in this game. u basically created a free WoW where u guys are also the corrupt Gold Sellers at the same time. I bet u guys took some notes from Sun Tzus Art of War huh. well good job. just dont expect anything good to come of ur decietful ways other than the money ur raking in. one year of WoW cost about 160$. in this game u could spend well over 1000 dollars easily befor u even reach max lvl. u guys are like drug dealers. at least lower the price on the darn Gold!! 1 dollar = 1 gold? its not that i dont like the game but i dont like how i was so cleverly decieved and then im still expected to support u??

PS- I could go on and on about Perfect World ENTERTAINMENTS decietful tactics of taking ur money (as in makin the lvling so monotously boring as u can only grind for ur lvls but then sellin 50% exp tomes, and etc. etc. etc.) but theres no need. the countless obvious examples are right in front of u everytime u play the game. everytime u wanna buy something from the cash shop its all planned. planned to be something pretty much required to progress. and yeah yeah all of u who say if u dont like it DONT pay!! RIGHT but thats not what im talking about. im talking about the decietfulness and time they wasted out of ur life when u finally get to that point of sayin "hey do i wanna continue the game and pay money?? or quit and waste all that previous time i spent on it." Do u even feel comfortable paying these guys after the trickery theyve done to u? See I CAME to this game cuz it was FREE now I see it cost more than WoW. please dont portray urselves as free when ur not. and yeah i guess u COULD play for free but it would be extremely difficult and EXTREMELY long to get up towards end game. i couldnt do it. anyway GG Perfect World Entertainment!! Good job scamming THOUSANDS of people! but hey thats just my opinion.
    That is the most ridiculously idiotic attitude I've ever seen. First of all the game is completely free to play, I have gotten to level 74 now and I don't seem to have spent thousands of dollars, I could easily have reached this point even without spending any money but I chose to spend a mere $10 at one point due to the need for some quick money to make a profitable deal. I don't know where you pulled your "Essential" 45 dollar mount out of but a mount only costs 10 dollars or 1m in game and saying that mounts are 45 dollars is equivelant to telling people that Ferraris are the only cars in the world.

I don't know what deceit means to you but producing exp scrolls has nothing to deception so I have no idea what the hell you are talking about there. Please name an item that is required for your character to progress, there isn't a single item in the cash shop that says "Buy this item in order to level up". I don't even understand what you are talking about with the whole "planned" thing, it's like you are trying to say that the fact items from the cash shop have practical use ingame is some kind of evil scheme. That is just stupid. You said the game cannot be free but then you said it could be played free, right...

Saying Exp scrolls and Charms are some kind of deceptive plan to ripoff people is like saying people who sell icecream on hot days are criminal masterminds.

The fact you called the Charms Hieros means you have played the PW-MY server and that means you knew exactly what the game would be like and how it operates, the only person doing the deceiving here is you making up lies and slander to discourage people from enjoying the game.
  • Sajra - Lost City
    Sajra - Lost City Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    So they would change the prices and get the same amount of money out of it? that is what you said right? Cut the prices in half and double the people buying? That would leave them with exactly the same amount.

he never said cut the prices in half, just lessen them some, and that would still probably double the players who use the cash shop, but if you still think thats insane then i suggest getting some money together on the game and going to archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forsaken Sigs

Sajra - Level 31 - Hell Archer.
This discussion has been closed.