Nothing Else for Xmas? No Quests Etc?

2»

Comments

• Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Sounded like complaining, must have been the wind. And don't worry, I got the point of your post. I just thought your point was ****.

Weee forum drama fun before the servers come up :)

I am complaining I admited to complaining, you just dont get what Im complaing about. And you know what they say about opinions.. At least you get my point, I have yet to figure out what your point even is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Mysticode - Sanctuary
    Mysticode - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    All the other MMOs my friends are playing have already started their Xmas events (quests, items, etc), about a week ago.

Starting the events on the 24th is a HORRIBLE IDEA. Seriously developers, think about this for a second. Most people are going to be busy with their families on Christmas days (those who celebrate Christmas that is). It would make more sense to start the xmas events NOW like the other MMOs out there.

Use your heads, I'm sure some of the management of this game thought about this already!
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Weee forum drama fun before the servers come up :)

I am complaining I admited to complaining, you just dont get what Im complaing about. And you know what they say about opinions.. At least you get my point, I have yet to figure out what your point even is.

My point is that people who post and tell others that their opinion doesn't matter because their level is less than theirs are idiots. It's that kind of elitist attitude that makes a lot of new players in games leave, and more importantly, stunts the growth of communities.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My point is that people who post and tell others that their opinion doesn't matter because their level is less than theirs are idiots. It's that kind of elitist attitude that makes a lot of new players in games leave, and more importantly, stunts the growth of communities.

No post had nothing to do with your lvl. DO you seriously read or not? here let me copy it again for you:

"My dear babysitter precious, I hate to break the news for you but I can guarentee I have been around this game for alot longer than you have, and thats including playing PW MY for a year now too.. I know how the events work..Theres still a difference on opening them on xmas eve and having to wait days to do them..

At lvl 82 almost 83 with max aoe spells, Im sure I wont have a problem with snowman event.. However when there will be lvl 37s like you running around crying all day on every chat channel available that the "high lvls" are taking all the kills and you cant do the event, its really a bunch of drama I could do without and something the GMs should foresee."

I said that I had been playing longer than you, which has nothing to do with your lvl. Your lvl doesnt equal how long you been playing and the only reference to that is that I knew how events worked and honestly didnt need you telling me..

The only reference to lvls is to the fact that as stated yet for the 3rd time that the mid and low lvls will be running around complaining during the event and yada yada yada should I really have to repeat myself this many times before you actually read.. You dont want me to have an elitist attitude then dont tell me how I should play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Iamadudeirl - Lost City
    Iamadudeirl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have you participated in this event already? I'm pretty sure that it's not opening until the 24th according to the event page.

So how about we wait till the event starts before you start making all these claims based on zero facts.
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have you participated in this event already? I'm pretty sure that it's not opening until the 24th according to the event page.

So how about we wait till the event starts before you start making all these claims based on zero facts.

Somebody agrees :)

LOL
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Look, this is silly. I personally think both of you really need to cool. And Cat, I did read what you said and it sounded very condicending to me as well. I have also played on MY-EN by the way. And you, Imadudeirl only makes it worse by replying to it. She is right there are going to be a lot of lower lvls whining about the snowman event. And I agree that putting it on the 24th is a bad idea for a lot of people. However I think the devs did a much better job getting these events together better than the Halloween event. At least the only think in the cash shop is the Christmas outfit.

I think we should be grateful that they even make events for us at all. They could just say, "We didn't feel like making an event, sorry." and left it at that. I do plan on doing these quests although I probably won't do the snowman one. It'll probably be a lagfest anyway.

All I am saying is this, instead of complaining about what you can't do enjoy what you can. I don't have any intention of getting the Christmas fashion, I would rather have a Herc or Phoenix. I'm saving up my gold so that I can get some zen for the boutique. Enough of this drama and just enjoy it.

Happy Holidays both of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    separating an event by level has already been proven to not work on LC. idiots like Deity who are 90+ show up in the under 50 area and pk everyone. he wasnt the only one there were 12 people 90+ that decided to have fun pking everyone under 50.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    They only show up in the low level section like that because they know they can't compete with anyone on a more equal level to them.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Kelebek - Sanctuary
    Kelebek - Sanctuary Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I really dislike people who complain about when the events are. "Yeah, lets put the christmas event at the start of November!"

The WHOLE point of these events are to get more people to carry on playing in times when usually they would be away from the computer. If you want all the christmas-themed goodies, play at christmas. If you can't get on the computer at christmas, then you obviously don't care very much, and you shouldn't whine about not getting anything. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, "move the seasonal event away from the season it's themed on". Seriously, come on...
  • Aerasha - Heavens Tear
    Aerasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I can understand with everyone's points in this topic but i do believe that people are seeing more into peoples post's than there really is.

For me personally this event does seem somewhat lacking compared to the halloween and even the thanksgiving event. I am british and we do not celebrate thanksgiving and to be honest there is a lot more players who do not celebrate it either but it was nice to have a event for everyone none the less. But compared to the xmas one they should have placed the same euthisiam as they did with the previous quests as for most people this is indeed a important holiday.

Secondly as for people saying it should be longer there is plus and downsides to this in many ways for instance a week can be seen as too short concidering most people will be busy over the christmas period but that is really only 2 days there is still 5 more remaining where i am sure you will get a free hour to pop on the game. But for those who live away from there familys they could end up missing the whole event because it is a week only it may have been a better idea to place it for two weeks as that is the general time for events.

I am new to the game so please do not flame me for my thoughts :P i am from another mmo game where i played for 4 years and whilst there events were sometimes bogus they did run them for two weeks minimum event the halloween event because of peoples different time zones and circumstances that way they had less complaints. But sadly they lacked in what this game does not and that is updates, quests and also challenges. :P hence why i moved :P

but as for me during the christmas period i will be otherwise detained because i have a young daughter and for me christmas day and boxing day is her time. But as for after those days when she is napping or in bed there is nothing preventing me from logging onto the game and actually participating. For those saying it should be longer think will you be busy the WHOLE week or just part of it?

i havent got a clue even if i made sense then :P but ah well my 2 cent.

And Cat i didnt even notice the events until i read through this topic :P they could have seriously placed them better after all my eyesight isnt what it use to be :P
  • Jordanfox - Heavens Tear
    Jordanfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Whoa, whoa whoa, WHOA. Okay, let me get this straight: people have been complaining and arguing over an event......that doesn't actually START until the 24th? b:puzzled
    Why not just enjoy the event if you can, and stop finding ways to make it PW's fault?
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Whoa, whoa whoa, WHOA. Okay, let me get this straight: people have been complaining and arguing over an event......that doesn't actually START until the 24th? b:puzzled
    Why not just enjoy the event if you can, and stop finding ways to make it PW's fault?

Correct, we cant complain about the event if it hasn't even started at all.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Aerasha - Heavens Tear
    Aerasha - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hehe that is indeed true :P

Just wait til it does happen no doubt some people will be not so happy then anyway :P
  • SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear
    SomebodyTwo - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    And another thing i just though of. what if the snowmen have elemental immunity like "Kun Kun"? then the veno AoE skills will be useless. in fact the mobs are probably going to be immune to AoE skills so that high lvls cant run around AoEing the mobs cuz if the high lvls have to punch or slap the mobs and the low lvls have to slap or punch the mobs then wont the event even itself out so that the lvl difference doesn't matter?

Just a thought :)
    My Youtube Channel:
    youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    And another thing i just though of. what if the snowmen have elemental immunity like "Kun Kun"? then the veno AoE skills will be useless. in fact the mobs are probably going to be immune to AoE skills so that high lvls cant run around AoEing the mobs cuz if the high lvls have to punch or slap the mobs and the low lvls have to slap or punch the mobs then wont the event even itself out so that the lvl difference doesn't matter?

Just a thought :)

Actually I could hit and kill Kun_Kun with my veno skills. He was dead in three hits...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    please continue this discussion at our 'Winter Events' thread at:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=140042

thx!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
This discussion has been closed.