• Boniu - Lost City
    Boniu - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    never liked wow, sticking with pw.
  • Harsh - Heavens Tear
    Harsh - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    WoW is completely different than PW.

I've played WoW for like 3 yrs and quit it for PW. Both games are completely different.

1. Gameplay - When it comes to gameplay, i'd have to say WoW is better.

2. Graphics - PWI has way better graphics than WoW.

3. Value for Money - Even tho PWI is f2p, I consider it on a bit expensive side than WoW because of Mall.

Bottom line is both games are different and you really can't have a descriptive comparision. They are two best MMO's with different play styles.
  • buymedunks
    buymedunks Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    I think i have just found my new favourite mmorpg...Perfect World
  • retrickster
    retrickster Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    For all those who have had a WoW GM msg you... all I have to say is....

By The Light Of The Moon....

Poof!

A GM has appeared.

./end

seriously... are they all wacked out RP'ers?

or are they just ALL smoking some rly good stuff? :\ ^^

The GM's are by far the funniest ppl in WoW...
    ;)~~ROFLMAO~~;)
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    The GM's are by far the funniest ppl in WoW...

Lol I find the whole game funny, the emotes, the dances, now even the GM's. Its nice to have dev's with a sense of humor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    WoW might be better than PW.

But WoW is a couple years older than PW, and WoW has already reached its peak, PW is far from reaching its peak, with the major updates we will be getting in the feature PW will be way better than WoW.

Zanko~

Wow... (pun not intended)
    PW is old enough in its own right. And it reached its peak when it failed as a P2P game and had to be downranked to F2P. That speaks volumes in its own right. It had a housing system, a guild castle system, all of which were removed. Basically, PW lost content instead of gaining, whereas WoW is just now getting the WotLK expansion. The only 'major updates' we'll be getting in the future will be more cash shop trinkets you can waste your money on for no good reason.

I was thinking about writing an enormous paragraph comparing everything from itemization to class balance, but, oh god, I don't have the time to do that every time the userbase from scrub F2P MMO #12312312 insists their game is god's gift to entertainment and 'pwns wow roflolol XD'.

Why did PW fail? Why did it have to change from a balanced, fair, subscription model to an underhanded F2P cash shop scheme where users are drawn in by the 'play for free' concept only to find themselves paying increasing sums of money just to play their character. Why did its userbase quit, why did it nearly die? Why did that not happen to WoW, which is very much alive and succesfull and doesn't need to sell everything from shirts to inventory expansions just to make a profit?

When this game went F2P its evolution stopped. F2P games get cash shop updates. Only P2P games get content updates (that are not unbalanced and meant to get people to buy more cash shop items) on a regular basis.

And it's not just WoW fanboyism. I'd rage just as much at you comparing this with any other subscription game. The gap between the F2P and P2P models spans heaven and earth.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    junk wrote: »
    Wow... (pun not intended)
    PW is old enough in its own right. And it reached its peak when it failed as a P2P game and had to be downranked to F2P. That speaks volumes in its own right. It had a housing system, a guild castle system, all of which were removed. Basically, PW lost content instead of gaining, whereas WoW is just now getting the WotLK expansion. The only 'major updates' we'll be getting in the future will be more cash shop trinkets you can waste your money on for no good reason.

I was thinking about writing an enormous paragraph comparing everything from itemization to class balance, but, oh god, I don't have the time to do that every time the userbase from scrub F2P MMO #12312312 insists their game is god's gift to entertainment and 'pwns wow roflolol XD'.

Why did PW fail? Why did it have to change from a balanced, fair, subscription model to an underhanded F2P cash shop scheme where users are drawn in by the 'play for free' concept only to find themselves paying increasing sums of money just to play their character. Why did its userbase quit, why did it nearly die? Why did that not happen to WoW, which is very much alive and succesfull and doesn't need to sell everything from shirts to inventory expansions just to make a profit?

When this game went F2P its evolution stopped. F2P games get cash shop updates. Only P2P games get content updates (that are not unbalanced and meant to get people to buy more cash shop items) on a regular basis.

And it's not just WoW fanboyism. I'd rage just as much at you comparing this with any other subscription game. The gap between the F2P and P2P models spans heaven and earth.

Guild Wars says hi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Guild Wars says hi.

Guild Wars isn't F2P in the sense I'm talking about. It doesn't have a cash shop. It's a P2P game because you buy the client. The fact that it doesn't have a subscription is irrelevant.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I played WoW once. I got to level 2 and uninstalled it.

The graphics look like they belonged on a very low end PS2 game, the UI was horrible. It was downright impossible to find anything. I spent the first few minutes trying to figure out why my character was invisible!

I can't see why anyone would pay for that.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • spel
    spel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I played WoW once. I got to level 2 and uninstalled it.

The graphics look like they belonged on a very low end PS2 game, the UI was horrible. It was downright impossible to find anything. I spent the first few minutes trying to figure out why my character was invisible!

I can't see why anyone would pay for that.

That's funny because the PW ui is almost identical to the WoW ui, that ui is very standard in most of these game types. Also, anyone playing any game for only 1 level can't say the game is bad/good as you never gave it a chance.
  • ehrde
    ehrde Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    This type of topic is just really pointless.

We're human, we'll always give biased answers. No matter how much we want to be fair in comparing things, we always tend to like one thing over the other. It's all about our taste. So I think the proper title would be "Which game do u like better? WoW or PWI?"
  • warlodofdeath
    warlodofdeath Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    world of warcraft owns this game! so much more to do and simpler too! im just playing this game becuase i like variety and it makes WoW even better!!!
  • Heartz - Heavens Tear
    Heartz - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Personally, PW > WoW
    I played WoW. And I got quite far.
    I found WoW very dull.
    There was nothing special about it.
    It was just your typical MMO.
    Not to mention the quests are horrible at explaining things most of the time (Not all, but some)
    PW is a lot more player interactive. (ie. Embracing, Etc.)

So yeah... PW won me over <3
  • matrak
    matrak Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PWI>WOW
    Does WOW have catapults?
    Can you fly,dunno,to heaven in WOW?
    Can you ride swords,marry your crush there?
    Does WOW have flying mobs?Or underwater mobs?
    WOW<PWI
    Look,

People have the right to be stupid...unfortunately some of them abuse that privilege.
    -unknown guy

A crazy chick with an axe never gets old...
    -Torg Snowflake

Oh,and...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Diospyros - Heavens Tear
    Diospyros - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    >.< I can't decide

I <3 them both
  • Wsmar - Heavens Tear
    Wsmar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    matrak wrote: »
    Can you fly,dunno,to heaven in WOW?

Well if your saying you can't fly in WoW then you'd be wrong..........

I'm a pretty big WoW fan and PW so far hasn't stood up to WoW's standards, well that's my opinion atleast. I'm not sure if I'm the best person to judge this considering I'm only lvl 47 but in WoW I'm lvl 80.

WoW to me has much better graphics than PW and I find their artwork much more appealling. As far as pvp goes it all depends on what kind of style you like, personally I like WoW's better because it is much more structured, you can't just go up and attack anyone whenever you want, unless of course they are apart of the other faction. Grinding on both games is pretty good but I would still go with WoW, because your health recharges much faster and to me it is more fun. The only thing WoW can't stand up to is the quests, PW quests are more fun and much more understandable.

WoW doesn't have over 11 million players for nothing and it defiantely isn't the fastest growing MMO for nothing either. I feel like most of the people that are saying PW>WoW is because they really haven't gotten into WoW enough to judge it.

PW is the best f2p I have ever played though, and I have played many xD......
  • Divine_Chang - Heavens Tear
    Divine_Chang - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PW cuz its the bomb and its free ^_^
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    world of warcraft is lame compaird to perfect world

for one people dont seem to understand the contridiction in world of warcraft, yeah it was a new idea, but in the end spawnd from the past version of starcraft, and that annoys me in the first place.

second wow gets so much respect from so many people thinking its the god of games YET so many people leave it for free to play games, and why is that? makes yah think.

wows graphics are ****, polished yes, but childish beyond belief, too un realistic for me to enjoy.

the death aspect is rather annoying in wow, i stoped playing the moment i became a ghost, it botherd me a bit.

the characters in wow are just plain stupid, and the character custimization is rather limited.

i do enjoy the world around me in wow, but thats basically it, i can draw more realistic characters and buildings then wow had, to me personally that does matter, but i know for many it doesnt.

i give wow a 4/10

were as i give PWI a 10/10

but in the end its all personal prefference

i never liked world of warcraft
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    WoW is completely different than PW.

I've played WoW for like 3 yrs and quit it for PW. Both games are completely different.

1. Gameplay - When it comes to gameplay, i'd have to say WoW is better.

2. Graphics - PWI has way better graphics than WoW.

3. Value for Money - Even tho PWI is f2p, I consider it on a bit expensive side than WoW because of Mall.

Bottom line is both games are different and you really can't have a descriptive comparision. They are two best MMO's with different play styles.

well really wow is more expensive

because you HAVE to play enless playing on a private server

were in pwi you dont HAVE to pay to play and you dont HAVE to buy anything from the mall, people do it out of respect or out of curiosity, but its nto required, and even then you CAN get mall stuff in game without having to pay any real money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    *sigh* I miss hanging out in the Black Temple. Those 40 man dungeons were awesome. I really wanted to play wrath of the lich king but my mom wont pay the monthly fee anymore. Well I do think WOW is a lot better, but I have no choice. Anyways, this game rocks for a free mmo. b4 this PW I played RAN online and I got bored. Then I played Guild Wars, but I hated not being able to jump, and the really low lvl cap. So I'd have to say PW is one of the best games ever!!!!
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I tried WoW. It was beyond boring. I wouldn't go back to it even if it became a F2P. I'd happily pay $15 a month for PW, I'd even pay $30.

As for "WoW is great because it's big"... yeah, being popular doesn't prove anything except that you've struck a chord. Britney Spears is huge but you wouldn't say she has a great singing voice or can even dance that well. (Go watch some of the old 1920's musicals back when you had get it right in 1 take.) These days, anything that looks shiny enough becomes big. Quality has very little to do with "fads" and "trends", it's just what's new.

WoW is basic, too basic. Sure it has it's good points and people do like it. (Although I'd rather avoid stating my opinion as to why.) But the fact that it's "mainstream" isn't a testament to anything other than it was different in the right way at the right time.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • qrt
    qrt Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    PW cuz its the bomb and its free ^_^

I agree!!! FREE all the way!
  • scknight
    scknight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I tried WoW. It was beyond boring. I wouldn't go back to it even if it became a F2P. I'd happily pay $15 a month for PW, I'd even pay $30.

As for "WoW is great because it's big"... yeah, being popular doesn't prove anything except that you've struck a chord. Britney Spears is huge but you wouldn't say she has a great singing voice or can even dance that well. (Go watch some of the old 1920's musicals back when you had get it right in 1 take.) These days, anything that looks shiny enough becomes big. Quality has very little to do with "fads" and "trends", it's just what's new.

WoW is basic, too basic. Sure it has it's good points and people do like it. (Although I'd rather avoid stating my opinion as to why.) But the fact that it's "mainstream" isn't a testament to anything other than it was different in the right way at the right time.

At first I enjoyed playing WoW, but it quickly lost my interest when I tried to going back to it after college (had to pay the tuition). I don't know why, I guess I found it to be repetitive, like a ****-and-slash RPG. Also, not many people wanted to roleplay seriously when I went back to game. I searched around, trying other MMORPGs, but even they lost my interest. From the trailers and screenshots, PW appears promising. Still, I can't wait for Champions Online, but that's another story. ;)
  • Maiwarena - Heavens Tear
    Maiwarena - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    well wow isnt bad
    it definitely popular to the point that it contains a lot of jerks
    my fave for wow is their dungeon and need ,greed or pass
    as for PW gotta love the character customizing
    and their *cough*cough* venomancer (were fox) its a bit bad i cant tame white tiger("Yan" baihu lol)
  • misspanic89
    misspanic89 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Tried WoW, didn't like it. D:

But then again, I was leveling my cousins character at the time..
  • truvosh
    truvosh Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I played WoW up to level 80 as a raiding warrior. I'm not sure what PWI is like at end game, but if it lacks incredibly hostile, rude and annoying players I"m in. Players that do not ninja-loot from one another daily is also a big plus.
  • Belokk - Sanctuary
    Belokk - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    truvosh wrote: »
    I played WoW up to level 80 as a raiding warrior. I'm not sure what PWI is like at end game, but if it lacks incredibly hostile, rude and annoying players I"m in. Players that do not ninja-loot from one another daily is also a big plus.

you just necro'd a 2008 thread b:scorn
  • RogueFox - Heavens Tear
    RogueFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    WoW is bigger from wat i hear
    hehehe i like my sig >:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archville - Sanctuary
    Archville - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    WoW is bigger from wat i hear

it IS bigger, but heh bigger =/= better in my book. Sure i don't dislike WoW but for some reasons i prefer PWI to it.
  • Maddrox - Harshlands
    Maddrox - Harshlands Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    rena wrote: »
    Thats because no one is comparing PWI in itself but Perfect World in general that been out for about 4 years.

Actually, Perfect world in general is older than WoW. Wow is the child, as it is younger :P Surprise surprise.
This discussion has been closed.