In game weddings/getting married?

Comments

• scrydan
    scrydan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    LoL -.- This is a game we're tlking about.... u can get married for less then tht in REALLIFE! who cares commitment -.- NO ONES gonna pay 60 $$ to get married ona damn game -.- unless they're teenagers and have nothing BETTEr to do with their money -.-
    I'm sorry, I'm 15 and I rather spend my money in something more useful like getting my girl a couple of ice creams and take her to the movies for that money.;)

Now; more on topic, less flaming.

I'd definetely marry if I meet someone that I love in this game, but it should be cheaper.

I think that there should be more than just a Broom pack and a Bride pack. Something like, a normal one and a Premium. The normal would just add your spouses' name over yours and give you a ring, while the Premium one would be the currents.:cool:
    ok from how i understand it... only male/female can get married... so since my boyfriend is playing a veno we are screwed unless he creates a second avi in another class or i create a male avi
    that is pretty messed up .. :/ should be allowed to marry (or carry) same sex if you want

Homosexual marriage should be allowed, I have to agree, yet I don't think that Perfect World's devs would allow it because 'it's bad for the kids' even when you can see something a hundred times worse by turning on your TV.

Just that.

~Aanggang <3
  • healervixen
    healervixen Posts: 1
    edited September 2008
    I agree the marriage packs are costly....who is going to spend sixty dollars just to get married? I personally would like to see the price cut in half and as fo same sex marriages/embracing/carrying why not? Well I have nothing else to say.
  • bigpappa
    bigpappa Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I tend to agree with what's said here. Not only are the marraige packs too costly, but it is odd to be that two males, or two females cannot even embrace. What if a male member of my squad needs a lift someplace? He's forced to stand around because I'm not female? Odd.
  • Avernus - Lost City
    Avernus - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    peregryn wrote: »
    *laughs*
    First of all, I would never get married in a game (period) 99 times out of 100 you do not really know the other person.
    Second the $60 is for both the bride package and the groom package (in other words each pays $30).
    Third are you NUTS! (in real life)She probably has to pay as much for her dress, to say nothing of Bridesmaids dresses as you pay for ring(set) and tux rental combined. plus any other expenses involved are either shared or known going into it if you have any sense.

Um, since you hadn't noticed, I replied to the part about it being easier for the Veno to come up with the money. My comment speaks to us guys making ourselves worthy of the girl. :(
  • Whizzy - Heavens Tear
    Whizzy - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i don't have the need and/or money to get married ingame but i really believe that if they would ad the abbility to **** with your person for an x amount of dollars their would be players that would buy that, so why not marrie :D
  • Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear
    Fitzchivalry - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Remember you can buy Cash Shop gold with in-game coins, it just takes boatloads. I agree with the poster that stated marriage is a big commitment and should take a lot of in game effort (or out of game cash) to do it. As for me, marriage in RL is enough work (and out of game cash) so that I don't need to participate in an in-game marriage.
  • nowei
    nowei Posts: 1
    edited October 2008
    Actually, depending on which state you live in, all you are required to pay for is the marriage license ($25 in South Carolina), and whatever fee the Justice of the Peace or ordained minister charge, usually around $50.

That's a total of $75. That is all you have to have.

Now, if you're fortunate to be a member of a good church, usually the pastor of that church will perform the service for free.

So, you could actually get married for only $25, if you and your spouse-to-be forgo fancy ceremonies and rings.

But fellas, good luck getting most women to do that. b:laugh
  • kahlan442
    kahlan442 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    You see this is why most games don't bother with the whole "marriage" ****. This is a game, no one really gives a **** about you or where you came from, even if you DO spend the money to "marry" someone in game, its not like many of them are going to give a rat's **** if you die IRL tonight.

The prices are that high I feel, for one key reason: Its really just a donation. Think about it, this game is free to play, but it has to be able to make money to support itself. While the marriage itself is most certainly not worth the $30 to $60, it IS worth it to someone who appreciates the game and is willing to make a one time donation to the game, and lets be honest, its not like you dont get ANYTHING out of it, you at least get some cool gifts and a new oppertunity to role play.

If I feel that the game is worth it, I wont mind spending $30 to donate to the game to help make sure it remains free to all of us, especially if I get some nifty gifts. Its not too much to ask, its like paying less than the cost of a game of similar quality from a store, and STILL being able to play for free forever.
  • Juvart - Sanctuary
    Juvart - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Shitttson, I wanted to get married ! I guess I'll have to wait out on that ****. xDD
    They are trying to cripple my bank account, that is for sure. Lol
    [SIGPIC]http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7690/realnuitsigzt3.png[/SIGPIC]
    Juvart Lvl 20-Sanctuary Nuit Lvl 10-Lost City
  • vishous
    vishous Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I am married IRL, but I don't think I should pay $60 to have my husband's name above my head. For $60 I'd prefer a nice dinner out, a movie... or heck, go to the pound and buy me a puppy. lol
  • kahlan442
    kahlan442 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    vishous wrote: »
    I am married IRL, but I don't think I should pay $60 to have my husband's name above my head. For $60 I'd prefer a nice dinner out, a movie... or heck, go to the pound and buy me a puppy. lol

Then don't do it >.< The whole marriage thing in game isn't for you anyways, its for PWI :P If you want something for yourself, don't buy the marriage pack, if you want to help out the game, then its not a bad idea :) Besides, you can buy them individually right? So you dont even have to pay $60 up front right away, hell, if you play the game enough you dont have to pay a penny real cash >.< Fork out 6 Million and you can buy it in the cash shop. ( They might as well put a gold value on that stuff >.< )

Edit, now that I think about it, thats actually a really reasonable price, 3 Million in game gold is the cost of 30 Cash shop gold right? Or something like that? That can't be too hard, I have only been playing 2-3 days for a few hours and I have a little over 20,000 in game gold as a lvl 8 cleric. A lvl 50 should make 3 Million in just a week or so tops. Anyone who really wants to get married can just work in game and save the money like a real person would IRL, if it means enough to you, it will be worth it.
  • lilyofthevalley
    lilyofthevalley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Laughs, when you think about it, Marriage is supposed to be a serious commitment you enter into after due thought, $60 is not out of line and if you think that is to much (or your $30 of it anyway) maybe you should ask yourself if you 'want' to seek marriage.

I'm going to guess you used that logic to get married in the game? I have a serious boyfriend who plays with me. He and I do plan to eventually plan to get married and would of done so in game had it not cost so much. Serious commitment? Paying $60 for a marriage on a game is ridiculus any way you look at it.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is unrelated somewhat, but marriage in real life costs MUCH more, and the divorce can nearly kill ya (and so can the marriage if not played right, haha.)

The PvP can be brutal.

So for the in game price, it is letting you off pretty easy.

Have a real life significant other? Then get married in-game and test out how that is going to work out for a certain time period.

If it doesn't work out for you all in-game, then you are out FAR LESS then a RL divorce. b:shutup

Example: To raise ONE child from birth to 18 years old, average of $180,000+. Not counting college, and the parents bills.
    So playing out roles in a game can help shake out any potential issues with commitment.

My 25 cents.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • zach667
    zach667 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i aint marryin no one till the designers create a goat version of the venomancer then ill bow down to which ever one slaps me around the way i like it buwhahahahahah
  • cptawesome
    cptawesome Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i dunno, for that much money i could buy a game like GW with no monthly fees and get more fun than out of getting married, prices are indeed high.

I heard from 2 ppl that married in-game that u get increased drop rates when in same party as ur spouse though, dunno if it's true o.o
  • Edya - Heavens Tear
    Edya - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I can't believe people complain about having to pay for items that you don't necessarily NEED to get through the content in the game. The game is FREE.

1) No one is making you get married
    2) No one is making you buy anything from the CS
    3) If you tried other MMO's of this calibur, and played for 1 month - you would have already paid the sum of how much it would cost to get married in PW.

It's all relative, try eloping - that's free too.

E
  • aleecemarks1989
    aleecemarks1989 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this is outrageous and totally a scam. now i can deal with it being 10 dollars total 5 fo reach player....but 60? excuse me isnt that ASKING FOR TO MUCH?
  • razere
    razere Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Did you not read the post above you? No one is forcing you to get married IN A GAME!
  • Shade_yuka - Sanctuary
    Shade_yuka - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Personally this is the same thing about how Cleric's can be high cost. In reality, the cleric is just the same as the Wizard in cost wise, just those that decide to buy scrolls that keep your Mana up tend to use more money on the Cleric. (hardcore players right there.)

Pretty much: You have a choice to spend money of the game to get married (or get other items.) or not. So stop complaining and go back to playing.
  • ArielAutopsy - Heavens Tear
    ArielAutopsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    LoL -.- This is a game we're tlking about.... u can get married for less then tht in REALLIFE! who cares commitment -.- NO ONES gonna pay 60 $$ to get married ona damn game -.- unless they're teenagers and have nothing BETTEr to do with their money -.-

Too true.
    Me and my boyfriend would love to use that feature, but we dont need to announce it in a game to know were commited to each other. And If im not willing to pay $3 for a cage, im not willing to pay $60 for words that say im someones wife.

But i dont think its teenagers that are doing this.
    In all honesty, i think its 30-40 year olds who could get dates as teens so they resorted to devoting their life/money to games and being the highest level, so they could propose to someone whos avatar looks pretty cause thats what they think they look like in real life so they could finally have that 'Trophy wife'...
    .....Just my theory...
  • novade
    novade Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    for the people saying "no one" will pay, but didnt this threaqd start with i saw someone getting married... hmmm
    also u can buy the coin with ingame money. and considering this game is free... other games with nearly the options and other stuff in this game are pay to play. 30 is not even a 2 month subsciption of wow. sure other games are free but this one compareitivly speaking is one of the better games imo.
    edited December 2008
    You can buy gold with ingame money????
    edited December 2008
    *laughs*
    First of all, I would never get married in a game (period) 99 times out of 100 you do not really know the other person.
    Second the $60 is for both the bride package and the groom package (in other words each pays $30).
    Third are you NUTS! (in real life)She probably has to pay as much for her dress, to say nothing of Bridesmaids dresses as you pay for ring(set) and tux rental combined. plus any other expenses involved are either shared or known going into it if you have any sense.

I agree some of the prices are out of line but seriously.

Some things about the RL marriage....
    You dont HAVE to have a wedding[dress,tux,church,etc]
    its just 'tradition'...
    All you legally need is a marriage license which is about $50 depending in diff states...

i do agree with the 99% of people dont know the other person that their 'eloping' with...
    But i know pleanty of people that know others in game and IRL.
    for instance, me and my boyfriend, and our friends..
    And my parents play last chaos w/ eachother along with 8 of there friends....
    just saying.....
  • swarley
    swarley Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Wait you literally can't do it without spending SIXTY DOLLARS?

Ugh...that's pathetic. This game will be a massive, massive failure with these prices.

Surprisingly enough, people pay the prices.

Even me and my irl gf did lol
  • AliasAliana - Sanctuary
    AliasAliana - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    My Girlfriend and I got married on this game just to show we are together and it is quite fun i had to make a second character to go about doing it but that is okay
  • nancykay
    nancykay Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Ugh...that's pathetic. This game will be a massive, massive failure with these prices.

LOL i spent 90 dollars on my wedding in a different game :P The wedding packet itself is like 35 and then of course we had to buy special outfits xD
    and that wasn't even a guy i was seriously committed to. we'd been friends ingame for about a year and we trained together a lot. We did it mostly for the additional areas open only to married people.
    Elfen Princess b:victory
    I may be cuteb:cute
    but Don't mess with me b:angry
  • tallia
    tallia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this is outrageous and totally a scam. now i can deal with it being 10 dollars total 5 for each player....but 60? excuse me isnt that ASKING FOR TO MUCH?

Define "Massive failure", please.

A scam would be claiming something is free to play, and then charging for access to the servers, and not selling items that make playing a bit easier/luxury items that enhance game play, but are not needed to play the game.
  • sassylore
    sassylore Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I can't believe people complain about having to pay for items that you don't necessarily NEED to get through the content in the game. The game is FREE.

1) No one is making you get married
    2) No one is making you buy anything from the CS
    3) If you tried other MMO's of this calibur, and played for 1 month - you would have already paid the sum of how much it would cost to get married in PW.

Are we seriously that upset at these people for sharing their opinion about how this feature is setup, or do you just want to get your name out there on something in the forums?
    If you really wanted to get married and couldn't find a way to come up with that much money then you might be here speaking your mind. Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a minute.

I see allot of frustrated people on this particular feature, and rightly so this forum is a great place for those who would like to voice their opinion about the game features, because ultimately they are the customer here now matter how much ZEN they buy. Don't diss them for inserting their opinions, it just lowers the ability for the customer to let the developer know what they would like to pay for.

2sides of this:
    First:
    I'm sure there are reasons they made the price the way it is, maybe to pay for some areas of the map that are only for married couples? Maybe to make sure the couple knows its a serious quest the way the developers wanted it to be in this game. Some people do believe this is a commitment, regardless if its in a game or not. Most MMORPG's are generally designed to give someone a chance at a virtual life of their own, and that is the bigest atraction to them. However that don't mean you must give real emotions attached to those you meet here, it just means someone has tried hard to make a virtual life as complete as they can in the budget they have. Culture issues they come up with and all life type stuff included.
    Second:
    Also I think some of these folks have valid frustrations if they love someone that they play with in game and want to enjoy a feature such as this only to find out later they cant afford it no matter what they do. I know some have figured out how to make 6m, but to tell you the truth its not that easy or we would all be rich in game same with real life money.

In summary:
    Considering these 2 stances they may be able to make 2 different types of commitments depending on the seriousness of the 2 individuals and of course the money they have/wish to spend on it.

Just my 2 cents
    Peace everyone
  • Avalost - Lost City
    Avalost - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm sorry the whole thing seems rather absurd, save your money. It's a game, you don't need a marriage dynamic in it, the wedding gifts don't wildly change game play and if they actually did it would be a horrific disadvantage to those of us that find the whole concept ridiculous.

but on a side not if they are going to allow marriage, then I definately want the ability to have nasty divorces and adultery, let's keep it as real as possible.
  • Eileenpad - Heavens Tear
    Eileenpad - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well The Marriage Packs Don't Have To Be So Expensive Why Not Make Them 5 Dollars D: More People Will Probably Buy Them Or So Dunno.. I'm Just Suggesting.
    Venomancer From Heaven's Tear

Hey Mr. Wonderful!!! I Love GIR b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm Just A Cat Girl With Alot Of Sugar.^^
This discussion has been closed.