For Wizards Only(unfair game)

Options
Mosabi - Heavens Tear
Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
If you are a wizard and want to nag about how this game is unfair to you either PVE or PVP wise this is the place for C'mon get it out of your system.

Talk about how that 10lvls lower BM won in a duel or how did that barb one hitted you or even how you die after 4th stike with a mob or the fact that you are the least wanted class in squads that your friends never call you for fbs and such.

As I sayed C'mon get it out of your sytem.
Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
Post edited by Mosabi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Illusion - Heavens Tear
    Illusion - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Talk about how that 10lvls lower BM won in a duel
    You will lose in duels if your not kiting them.
    barb one hitted you or even how you die after 4th stike with a mob
    Charms and citrine shards will fix that problem.
    you are the least wanted class in squads that your friends never call you for fbs and such
    If you arent being called upon for squads or FB runs then something is wrong with your friends. Wizards are the 2nd highest damage dealers at your level and from what I understand 80+ wizards surpass archers in damage output.

I love playing a wizard, for me it is the most challenging class in the game to play. What fun is a game if your not challenged?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arthiex - Lost City
    Arthiex - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    You will lose in duals if your not kiting them.

Charms and citrine shards will fix that problem.

If you arent being called upon for squads or FB runs then something is wrong with your friends. Wizards are the 2nd highest damage dealers at your level and from what I understand 80+ wizards surpass archers in damage output.

I love playing a wizard, for me it is the most challenging class in the game to play. What fun is a game if your not challenged?

mmm miss/ sir
    Mosabi Mosa has kind of right

somehow wizards are kind of weak
    we are great nukers but casting is really slow
    i got problems that i got killed before i can cast my spell
    casting is to slow Vs Archers , clerics
    maybe you have some advise for these?

my build is pure mag to try to make max damage as possible

and abou using charms not everyone can afford spending charms =)

about fbs YESb:shocked bad friends he could join FB_ HElp channel
    to join fbs when ppl need
  • Evancer - Heavens Tear
    Evancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    What fun is a game if your not challenged?

Quoted for freakin' Truth!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Let's just pretend I said something clever in response and leave it at that..."
  • djinnzen
    djinnzen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you are a wizard and want to nag about how this game is unfair to you either PVE or PVP wise this is the place for C'mon get it out of your system.

Talk about how that 10lvls lower BM won in a duel or how did that barb one hitted you or even how you die after 4th stike with a mob or the fact that you are the least wanted class in squads that your friends never call you for fbs and such.

As I sayed C'mon get it out of your sytem.

man u are such a noob crybaby go play a diffrent class if u thnk wizards are so weak
  • Illusion - Heavens Tear
    Illusion - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    For mobs I suggest your biggest hitter spell that the enemy is weakest to then switch between pyrogram and gush till the mob is dead.
    I have to agree that wizards just plain suck in PvP but from what I understand this changes level 80+ as we have the ability to one shot other players if we are a pure/nuke build.
    Archers and clerics are the 2 strongest classes in PvP in my opinion. The only real work around I can think of is this:
    Cast Essential Sutra, Force of will and your biggest hitters in succession and hope they fall before they get a couple shots off on you.
    I am a pure build as well. Citrine shards are a must, invest in them and get at least average's in your equipment.
    Level 50+ DQ items NPC for a real nice price. Spend a couple hours, farm and sell DQ drops. Go to West district and purchase charms from the cat shops. You don't have to be rich or cash shop to get charms in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zlan
    zlan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    i think it would help a little if the mage had another teleport skill that teleported them away from the enemy to give them cast time anybody agree???
  • odb
    odb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    cry some more mages are one of the best pkers around since they can 1 hit most melee characters as similar level. at max level a mage has well over 2x the damage of an archer which is the next highest damaging class. archers 30-40% critical will narrow the gap but mages still outdamage them. comparing a mage to a melee class and the difference in damage is insane.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    odb wrote: »
    cry some more mages are one of the best pkers around since they can 1 hit most melee characters as similar level. at max level a mage has well over 2x the damage of an archer which is the next highest damaging class. archers 30-40% critical will narrow the gap but mages still outdamage them. comparing a mage to a melee class and the difference in damage is insane.

yeah the damage is great comparing one hit to another but the time it takes to make a good hit it would propaply be the same time the other player would have dealt a stun or atleast 3 hits which is more than that hit I am yet to see what the no channling spell can do to a PVP so am just judging from my 3 months play time so far and the reason I will not change the wizard is that I inviseted so much time and money in this one to change it and am stiking to it to the end.
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Dont worry wizards are AWESOME!!!

I have seen their power. I always want them in my squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Jestersig - Heavens Tear
    Jestersig - Heavens Tear Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    zlan wrote: »
    i think it would help a little if the mage had another teleport skill that teleported them away from the enemy to give them cast time anybody agree???

A wizard does have a skill that teleports them a short distance forward called distance shrink. It's very useful to get out of range of a pker or mob quickly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    zlan wrote: »
    Pro tip: press the "s" key to turn around, then use Distance Shrink. Whoa, you just teleported away from the mob, how elite of you. b:victory

also
    for god sakes I die atleast 4 timed a day which = 2 hours of grinding to make it up = not enough time to lvl up fast.
    How is that even possible? I only die in FB/TT wipes these days.

Also, how is a mob hitting you FOUR times? That's terribad. Start with Gush to slow the mob, and you should be able to kill it before it gets near you (another Pro tip: don't start casting near mobs, start at max range). If it's a melee mob, you can even knock it back with Phoenix before it gets a hit in, you should be able kill those without taking any damage at all. Decent gear + citrine shards means I can take easily 7-8 hits from magic mobs (not that they ever get more than 1). Ranged physical mobs are a pain, but if you ahve to Morning Dew after every couple of mobs, that's fine.

Disclaimer: once Jones's Blessing runs out, you might have to actually be careful, and ranged physical mobs are always a pain (gush is still amazing on them though).

But seriously, I just don't get all the Wizard complaints. I've never had much trouble myself.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    From what I hear, Wizards are bombs in PVP and PK (if they get first hit) , not so much duals (at least against a Fist BM).
    But like every other game mages/wizards QQ too much.
    Back.
  • GloveMaster - Sanctuary
    GloveMaster - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Wizards are insanely powerful I take a wizard with me any time I go on a FB run I don't see why you are complaining about them. You usually one shot in PvP also so... quit complaining lol!
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm not a wizard and I won't play one ever. But . . . I jsut wanted to say ... Mosa I <3 you! Whisper me more often you crazy Wizard. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Pro tip: press the "s" key to turn around, then use Distance Shrink. Whoa, you just teleported away from the mob, how elite of you. b:victory

also

How is that even possible? I only die in FB/TT wipes these days.

Also, how is a mob hitting you FOUR times? That's terribad. Start with Gush to slow the mob, and you should be able to kill it before it gets near you (another Pro tip: don't start casting near mobs, start at max range). If it's a melee mob, you can even knock it back with Phoenix before it gets a hit in, you should be able kill those without taking any damage at all. Decent gear + citrine shards means I can take easily 7-8 hits from magic mobs (not that they ever get more than 1). Ranged physical mobs are a pain, but if you ahve to Morning Dew after every couple of mobs, that's fine.

Disclaimer: once Jones's Blessing runs out, you might have to actually be careful, and ranged physical mobs are always a pain (gush is still amazing on them though).

But seriously, I just don't get all the Wizard complaints. I've never had much trouble myself.
    Calli, we know that you're an amazing Wizard! You need to teach Mosa and Draco a thing or two!

<333 Ultra.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Kaenor - Heavens Tear
    Kaenor - Heavens Tear Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I dont wanna bother you, but if you wanna make an fb/TT run, feel to free pm me, if i online. Btw i dont complain wizard problems, all classes has the flaws, only need to use your all benefit (high damage, kiting, etc) to compensate that.
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yeah the trick is to kill the mob before it gets to you. If you dont have its health really low when it is close enough to attack then run. A good wizard has to know when to run.
  • Arthiex - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options

WindGaurdian You are Awesome too ^__^

and Illusion thanks for the info So it is worth staying Pure mag b:chuckle

btw I saw one player called Illusion In Lost city.. =o
    could that be you too...?
  • Arthiex - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yeah the trick is to kill the mob before it gets to you. If you dont have its health really low when it is close enough to attack then run. A good wizard has to know when to run.

Totaly agree ^__^
    when it looks bad you can feel death comingb:shocked
    and we got 2 options

-Safed on time..b:laugh
    or
    - X-X BUSTED!!! b:cry ...dead...
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I don't find my wizard weak at all...
    Hell... PvE wise, I enjoy the good old blade tempest + emberstorm (quick tap) combo.... every once in a while its just fun.

As a wizard, you gotta know how to kite, how much damage you take, and how well you can tank magic mobs.

You think we got it bad?
    Look at the poor blademasters having to deal with taking a magic hit on most mobs after 60 before they can run in and start fighting? My friend had to use his leap everytime he sees a new mob in hopes he isn't nuked once first.
    We tank magic like mad :D

But yes, pvp wise we are a little weaker. Wait until undine strike though, that + force of will changes everything.

+... pk wise.... we're a little above some other classes...
    Its not as bad as you think!

What I dislike though is that we just get interrupted way too much during boss fights! :P
  • AdriaOrici - Heavens Tear
    AdriaOrici - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

so have i. its crazy.
    I'm not a wizard and I won't play one ever. But . . . I jsut wanted to say ... Mosa I <3 you! Whisper me more often you crazy Wizard. xD

someones being very random...XD

wizards arent the only sad ppl with low hp. clerics arent very strong either, and no wide range of nukes early on. at least wizards have a wide range to choose from.
    Previous GE player. Pretty dissapointed. So hope PWI is better at controlling botters ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erinis - Heavens Tear
    Erinis - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    mmm miss/ sir
    Mosabi Mosa has kind of right

somehow wizards are kind of weak
    maybe you have some advise for these?

about fbs YESb:shocked bad friends he could join FB_ HElp channel
    to join fbs when ppl need
    Comeon, wizards have knockback atacks, and i rarely see mobs to reach him before die unlike clerics whitch have lower dps and high casting times and must tank mobs for while.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Comeon, wizards have knockback atacks, and i rarely see mobs to reach him before die unlike clerics whitch have lower dps and high casting times and must tank mobs for while.

Those spells are only good for saving yourself about 1 - 3 hits once in a while unless they get stopped by a solid object or something then it's much less. Will of the phoenix is great for metal melee mobs though; in fact with the right combinition of spells and timing of the phoenix spell you can pretty easily kill normal metal melee mobs even a level above yourself without getting a scratch, or at most getting hit once.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    just keep leveling up.

at this point that bm that used to beat me in a duel, now dies in 1 hit.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Scarag - Heavens Tear
    Scarag - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Mosabi,

All you have to do is just keep working on your Wizard. Get to where I am at with all my level 59 Transendent spells and you will start to notice with sutra you are getting much better. Also the 3 damage spells make a great bang.

I no longer feel like I belong to the weakest class. Wizards just improve compartivily to the other classes over time.

Get to Cheaper's (shown above) level you will start to notice that. In PvP all they will see is "You were killled by WizardName" after one explosion from a spell.
  • Dauthus - Sanctuary
    Dauthus - Sanctuary Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I love being a wizard! lol

Kinda opposite of what this thread is about, I know...

You just gotta find out what sequence works for you and use Will of the Phoenix/Distance shrink wisely. As of right now, I can kill melee mobs 3 lvls higher, and they get one, maybe two hits on me, max. It's the aggros that'll get you if you're not watching. lol Same lvl melee mobs stand no chance and rarely get close enough to even swing at me.

As far as dying, I don't die often at all, as in not even once a week. In all 45 of my lvls, I can probably count the number of times I've died on one hand. lol

In Dueling, I've beaten a same lvl archer (it was close, but I did it three times), and managed to get a higher lvl Barb (not in Tiger form) down to almost half HP before I lost. This was in Secret Passage, so I didn't kite (due to aggros), it was toe to toe. I'd say that's not too shabby. Then again those were the only four duels I've ever done (all while waiting in the hall for the rest of the fb29 party), so yeah... lol

Also, I never have any issues getting into an FB party. The tanks love the dmg I do as it saves them some HP when they're not being chewed on for so long. People also love having mages along for elites too for the same reason.

All in all, it is important how you play a "pure" wizard if you want to get the most out of it and maximize your survivability. All in all, wizards aren't weaker, just more challenging.
  • De_Caf - Heavens Tear
    De_Caf - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

if cast time is a bit of a problem for u, as a wiz, try using skill / macros, i dont play a wiz, but have a cleric and veno, and use macro, and find it saves a lot casting time, and i think u would too, if u hit r then down the bottom where it says edit new n such u hit new, then drag what casting skill u want mainly use or for the time being, the u have a range of icon to choose from, the when done hit save, and try it out, might find ur casting time isnt so slow then ...... = )
  • Xenesis - Lost City
    Xenesis - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    at higher lvl you can afford -% chanting gear, also if want to duel pk nead to learn to kite. Max earth shield, shrink try to lvl up silence skill then can pvp +-, when you play a wiz must know you will not be realy strong till get 89+b:surrender