REMINDER! today = last day for EXP bonus! also - patch notes..,

Options
124»

Comments

• georgeforeman5
    georgeforeman5 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    level 70?? are you off your rockers? its damn near immpossible to get to level 70, and i want numchucks noww. does the expansion even include numchucks?? i saw a header picture with a panda holding numchucks. you also need to take the picture of the tiger with the sheild; its misleading to give him a sheild when you can actually wear a sheild -.-"
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    level 70?? are you off your rockers? its damn near immpossible to get to level 70, and i want numchucks noww. does the expansion even include numchucks?? i saw a header picture with a panda holding numchucks. you also need to take the picture of the tiger with the sheild; its misleading to give him a sheild when you can actually wear a sheild -.-"

I haven't seen a parrot yet, do I hear veno whining? People really will find anything to moan about b:thanks
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • makotsunami
    makotsunami Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    zombi wrote: »
    I updated in less than 5 mins :P Try the manual patch if you can't get it to patch automatically.

I can't get it to upload any faster. It seems like it would take a whole day to get this freakin thing to update, and thats ridiculous. I have a broadband connection. I have the fastest I can get from charter. But for some reason, this thing is downloading way slow. Any GMs that could help me out would be appreciated, because even downloading it manually doesn't change the time.
  • Scalene - Heavens Tear
    Scalene - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Now we are going to level up faster with the same spirit and reputation rates, causing us to out level rank equipment and having lack of spells etc for our level.
    spirit is also included. just not reputation n gold
  • Scalene - Heavens Tear
    Scalene - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    so this only increases EXP by 1.5x? I'd prefer spirit instead. But I guess this is just for high levels.
    its both exp and spirit
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    My first thought after seeing the LV70+ requirement was OMFG THATS NOT FAIR! Even FFXI allowed every player to go to the "Past" expansion when they released theirs as long as they had the expansion bought. (And even tho PWI is free most pple spend more than $50 a month to buy gold which pretty much evens out with the fee based MMORPGs)

But after a second thought I realised: Although it must take a wad load of time to lvl till 70, it will take at LEAST triple, quad, the time for 70s to get to LV105 because of the xp multiplied per lvl. If there is a noticable lack of players above 70 then one can assume one or couple of these:
    -The game is way too hard
    -The higher lvl xp per mob gain does not even out with the TNL needed
    -XP is just low as a whole
    -There is a lack of xp-ing areas (aka competition)
    -There is a lack of certain lvl mobs VS certain lvl players. (resulting in players literally trying to kill anything that moves)

SO, all in all, although I have a looooonnnnnggg way to go till I can step foot into the explansion area, its understandable and its the companys way of replying to the needs of players who played longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    There is a serious lack of quests when you reach these levels. The expansion is to help take care of that problem somewhat with more for us to do rather than just grind.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mischievous - Sanctuary
    Mischievous - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the expansion
  • xenesis
    xenesis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ty for f.cking class balance with new pets....
  • Omegasteel - Heavens Tear
    Omegasteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Tiger is also wearing a helmet :)
  • liquidfusion
    liquidfusion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Events:

--Perfect World International: The Lost Empire

The expansion is now available. Talk to General Summer in Archosaur to get started.

The quest "Wraith's Ploy" will begin your journey through time. You must be level 70 to begin this quest.

--Bonus Experience and Spirit:

Because of the awesome community effort, we were able to reach 6,000 friends in our MySpace event. As a result, all servers will be blessed with bonus 50% EXP and Spirit boost for one week. Now go out there and kick some Wraith butt!

NOTE: TRAINING ESOTERICAS WILL NOT STACK WITH THIS BUFF. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ITEM FOR THE DURATION OF THE EVENT.

--Thanksgiving Quest:

We have decided to be extra thankful this season and extend the Thanksgiving quest a little longer. If any of your characters have not had a chance to get this free EXP and Spirit treat, it will be available for one more week.

--Cash Shop:

--Chromatic Elk

A new riding mount to kick off the holidays. This mount will only be available for a limited time only!

--Spur Sale

The Spurs of Alacrity and Galewind Spurs are now 20% off for a limited time.

--Battle Pet Packs

These Battle Pet Packs will grant you 10-50 Phoenix Feathers or Source of Force. Take the Phoenix Feather or Sources of Force to Mrs. Zoologist in south east Archosaur. There you will be able to trade for the legendary Blazing Phoenix or Hercules Battle Pet.

NOTE: Battle Pets can only be used by Venomancers and cannot be traded or sold to other players.

Map:

Added portal graphics for various instances and arenas.

Localization:

Added various fixes for in-game text and quest localization.

The Safety Lock confirmation has been reworded. It now reads:

WARNING!
    You are about to change the Safety Lock settings for your account. Listed functions will be disabled for [Time] of in-game time after each log-in. Further changes to these settings will require three days to take effect. The Safety Lock cannot be deactivated before this time has passed. Are you absolutely sure you want to change your Safety Lock settings?

NOTE: Please remember that GMs cannot change this for you. If you want to change your safety lock time, set the time and DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN. After 72 hours, the settings will take place. During the 72 hours, you can still log in or out and play the game.

Im level 77, and General Summer has no quest for this expansion. So where do you get the quest from ?
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Options
    Seriously? An ancient ANNOUNCEMENT was bumped? This is a first.
    Edit: Lol Hawk beat me to the lock ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.