REMINDER! today = last day for EXP bonus! also - patch notes..,

Options
dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
REMINDER:

Scheduled maintenance will take place tonight (Dec. 2nd) from 11 p.m. - 1 a.m. (Pacific Time). Once service is restored users will find plenty of new and exciting developments awaiting them.

For starters, PWI's first expansion zone, "The Lost Empire", will be made available. With brand new zones, skills and a compelling narrative storyline this experience is not to be missed!

This new expansion content and zone will not require any separate client download. Users have already been downloading small chunks of it through past downloads and tonight's patch will incorporate the final piece of this package. Keep in mind that access to 'The Lost Empire' will require characters to be at a minimum level of 70 in order to start the quest chain that allows entry to these new zones. For more details please see:

http://www.perfectworld.com/expansion

If you're not quite at level 70 yet fear not - this week will also see the activation of our EXP Bonus award. Thanks to the spirited efforts of our members participating in the MySpace Community Event all EXP has been boosted 1.5x on all servers for 1 week and will end at the shutdown of our servers during our next scheduled maintenance on December 9. This bonus EXP boost will surely come in handy for those who are close to Level 70 and jonesing to explore 'The Lost Empire.'

Also, please keep in mind that Training Esoterica's (EXP scrolls) will NOT stack with this Bonus EXP boost so be careful with your scrolls and don't waste them this week! b:shocked

That's it for now! Have fun with the new expansion content and be sure to take advantage of the EXP boost while its available.
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Events:

--Perfect World International: The Lost Empire

The expansion is now available. Talk to General Summer in Archosaur to get started.

The quest "Wraith's Ploy" will begin your journey through time. You must be level 70 to begin this quest.

--Bonus Experience and Spirit:

Because of the awesome community effort, we were able to reach 6,000 friends in our MySpace event. As a result, all servers will be blessed with bonus 50% EXP and Spirit boost for one week. Now go out there and kick some Wraith butt!

NOTE: TRAINING ESOTERICAS WILL NOT STACK WITH THIS BUFF. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS ITEM FOR THE DURATION OF THE EVENT.

--Thanksgiving Quest:

We have decided to be extra thankful this season and extend the Thanksgiving quest a little longer. If any of your characters have not had a chance to get this free EXP and Spirit treat, it will be available for one more week.

--Cash Shop:

--Chromatic Elk

A new riding mount to kick off the holidays. This mount will only be available for a limited time only!

--Spur Sale

The Spurs of Alacrity and Galewind Spurs are now 20% off for a limited time.

--Battle Pet Packs

These Battle Pet Packs will grant you 10-50 Phoenix Feathers or Source of Force. Take the Phoenix Feather or Sources of Force to Mrs. Zoologist in south east Archosaur. There you will be able to trade for the legendary Blazing Phoenix or Hercules Battle Pet.

NOTE: Battle Pets can only be used by Venomancers and cannot be traded or sold to other players.

Map:

Added portal graphics for various instances and arenas.

Localization:

Added various fixes for in-game text and quest localization.

The Safety Lock confirmation has been reworded. It now reads:

WARNING!
    You are about to change the Safety Lock settings for your account. Listed functions will be disabled for [Time] of in-game time after each log-in. Further changes to these settings will require three days to take effect. The Safety Lock cannot be deactivated before this time has passed. Are you absolutely sure you want to change your Safety Lock settings?

NOTE: Please remember that GMs cannot change this for you. If you want to change your safety lock time, set the time and DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN. After 72 hours, the settings will take place. During the 72 hours, you can still log in or out and play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GloveMaster - Sanctuary
    GloveMaster - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lvl 70!?! :~( dang that may take a while to get to:(
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I already heard about the level 70 requirement so I intentionally did not level. This way I could take advantage of all the quests right off.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • morgullord
    morgullord Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    One question - Is the 1.5x Exp effect only monster kill exp or even quest reward exp? The reason I ask is that earlier mmorpgs which I played, server exp boost would effect all sorts of exp - monster and quest. Could someone give an official confirmation?

Thanks in advance.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    morgullord wrote: »
    One question - Is the 1.5x Exp effect only monster kill exp or even quest reward exp? The reason I ask is that earlier mmorpgs which I played, server exp boost would effect all sorts of exp - monster and quest. Could someone give an official confirmation?

Thanks in advance.

Just monsters
  • Antiport - Sanctuary
    Antiport - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    no new server? :(
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    lvl 70?!? well thats a rip i've been looking forward to this for a while & i sill wont b able 2 access it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I can't wait for this, even though I'm not to the level yet. I've already found where they will have new monsters for high 50 players to kill.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • ladykathryn
    ladykathryn Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yay! I'll finally be able to get rid of some of these quests that have been piling up in my list. :) Thanks for the news!
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hercules, Hercules, Hercules!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • Bioturn - Heavens Tear
    Bioturn - Heavens Tear Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hercules, Hercules, Hercules!!
    I approve this message, because it is a good message to every man, woman, and child. It truly does bring a tear to my eye, each and everytime I hear or read it.
    WoW has 11 Million people playing. 11 million people also bought the Sega Dreamcast console. Proof that 11 million people can collectively do something stupid.

Chill with me on Twitter: twitter.com/Bioturn

Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands! - Auron (Final Fantasy X)
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Yay for all the lvl 70s+.
  • Lenablade - Heavens Tear
    Lenablade - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    w00t cant wait then hehe looking forward to it
  • Meelan - Heavens Tear
    Meelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    only 6 1/2 lvls to go..hehehe b:chuckle
  • Mysticode - Sanctuary
    Mysticode - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Really dissapointing. There should be new content for a lower mid range of levels as well. This is a horrible flashback to Burning Crusade.

And to clarify to anyone wondering, your quest exp will not be effected by these exp boosts, only exp gained from killing monsters will be augmented by the exp bonus.
  • Zinsaxi - Heavens Tear
    Zinsaxi - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    can't wait i'll be grinding out those last 5 lvls as soon as servers are back upb:thanks
  • Qqme - Lost City
    Qqme - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    no new fashion b:cry
  • syen
    syen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I wonder how many feathers ect will it take for phenoix/source of power legendary pets
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    wow how useless....well go level 70s likes 25% or less of PWI....and since there gonna "travel back to the past" what will happen to factions leaders that are are 70+ and will be leaving to that past a.k.a. another server?
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    syen wrote: »
    I wonder how many feathers ect will it take for phenoix/source of power legendary pets

9999 according to the Zoologist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syen
    syen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    so possibly 100gold worth of feathers mabey...sigh
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Depends on the price of the pack. Could wind up costing way more than $100 as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strikersonic - Heavens Tear
    Strikersonic - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG!!!! LOST EMPIRE!!!! 4 more lvls till i can do quest WOOTZ!!!!
  • wolffang55
    wolffang55 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    whats the maintanence stuff that there adding like what they adding to it??
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    yay!
    kill 50 of monster x
    kill 50 of monster y

kill 50 more of monster x
  • Mischievous - Sanctuary
    Mischievous - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Really dissapointing. There should be new content for a lower mid range of levels as well. This is a horrible flashback to Burning Crusade.

Aww, don't be discouraged. At lvl 47 you still have several things to work toward and look forward to. Example: Twilight Temple and Dragon Temple, which you will be able to enter at lvl 60. This is their way of continuing to offer new excitement to the game so that high levels don't get bored and leave the game. It's worth sticking around for. Keep faith, you'll get there :)
  • Saiena - Heavens Tear
    Saiena - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm sorry -- I just can't help it. I don't mean this to be a criticism of game artwork in any way, but I just had to laugh. Does anyone else think the Chromatic Moose/Raindeer looks rather ridiculous?
  • Vi_zexion - Sanctuary
    Vi_zexion - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Aww, don't be discouraged. At lvl 47 you still have several things to work toward and look forward to. Example: Twilight Temple and Dragon Temple, which you will be able to enter at lvl 60. This is their way of continuing to offer new excitement to the game so that high levels don't get bored and leave the game. It's worth sticking around for. Keep faith, you'll get there :)
    Thats nice when you got high levels to help you...but now they are all going to be in the expansion and well things won't be as easy.

P.S I hope they lower those Bosses that player on the same level as the bosses can't kill while they were adding the expansion.
    In the end all that remains are the good memories you had with them.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    wow how useless....well go level 70s likes 25% or less of PWI....and since there gonna "travel back to the past" what will happen to factions leaders that are are 70+ and will be leaving to that past a.k.a. another server?
    Wtf?

They won't be going off to another server.
  • Shougo - Lost City
    Shougo - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Just keep your chin up bud. HH60 is more fun when you have mostly 60s.. You get a huge rush of satisfaction once you've earned that green weapon
This discussion has been closed.