REMINDER! today = last day for EXP bonus! also - patch notes..,

Options

Comments

• nauziem
    nauziem Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    In response to the various comments regarding the new released content being for 70+, keep in mind:

a.) 70+ people have been levelling away with the current content for longer than you. And you will be 70+ at some stage and want all the content you can have.

b.) 70+ people are not going to be completely absorbed with the new content, it will just make levelling slightly more interesting -- and presumeably faster too. Aside from the first week of wonders I doubt there will be a significant decline in help offered from higher level players.

c.) In the game as we know it, there is significantly more content available to lower level players, so while this does not solve the scarcity of quests which begins around level 35, it relieves it when you reach those higher levels.

d.) The practise of expansions targetting higher level players in games is not a new one, as the player base gradually levels up, players who've spent the longest on original content, are in greatest need for new areas, quests, etc -- do not worry too much though, i very much doubt this will eliminate the need for long hours of grinding for anyone.
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    syen wrote: »
    I wonder how many feathers ect will it take for phenoix/source of power legendary pets

you need 9999 feather 9999 force hehe
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    God I hope those boxes are cheaper than 1 gold for the feathers.. paying $500-$1k potientally for a pet even over time is just crazy....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • tehvu
    tehvu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Anyone has both halloween ornaments and 2 fiend ring for sale. I am on Heaven Tears let me know thx.
  • Danteii - Lost City
    Danteii - Lost City Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I think it will be between 100-200$.
    I am Liam Neeson, you may remember me in such films as I will find you and I will kill you. b:pleased
  • Muzai - Sanctuary
    Muzai - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Well... I understand the concept of rare. And I understand that people dont want lots of new pets in the game. But, WTF 9999 feathers at 10-50 a pop from the CS? Nothing, and i don't care how godly people think they might be, should cost that much real cash. I know, I know, we dont have to buy anything to play, we dont have to use the CS. But seriously.. that is ridiculous not rare. Bah! People complain since it the hated veno getting the item.

Can't wait to see what happens if they ever introduce something for clerics with a godly buff, or armor that is up thewazoo and make is CS only and cost your first 5 children....

Anyhow, my rant is done. Not happy yet but ill live.
  • tehvu
    tehvu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Server is UP!
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    they just shouldn't have advertised it as an expansion pack. They should have just said "we have added some stuff to improve the game at higher levels".
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I'm sorry -- I just can't help it. I don't mean this to be a criticism of game artwork in any way, but I just had to laugh. Does anyone else think the Chromatic Moose/Raindeer looks rather ridiculous?
    This is an Elk... The Chromatic whatsit is not an Elk, it's a Moose.... At least have the good sense to know what the animal you model your mount off of is called, and what it looks like instead of making such a terrible and preventable mistake as to call a Moose, an Elk.

Sheesh.

~Saitada
  • Neko_Ko_Neko - Heavens Tear
    Neko_Ko_Neko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Nice, This shall be enjoyed not just by me or anyone else, but by me and my best mate together side by side.

This is gonna be fun.
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    tehvu wrote: »
    Server is UP!

and taking a very long time to update for me ha

this sucks i wont have this done untill tommarrowish enless i get lucky and it speeds up abit

the patching always gave me a bit of an issue i have to close and restart many times and normally that doesnt bother me but this is horrid

but its ok.. just ranting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombi
    zombi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I know that the phoenix is the best pet in the game, and I expected a high price to pay. But 50 cents for a box that MAY or may not give me 50 feathers or force, is a little ridiculous.
    For something that's so completely random 50cents is too much. I'd expect more like 10 cents.
    500 dollars for a pet is insane.
  • SionEltnam - Sanctuary
    SionEltnam - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I tried to explain this expansion to my FFXI friend and he replied:

"tl;dr, Raptor jesus conquered the jews
    Left them do fend for themselves
    They failed and died off
    Then suddenly invented time travel
    And came to the future to mess with the allies
    Then vanished, leaving unspeakable horrors and new loot behind"
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

this sucks i wont have this done untill tommarrowish enless i get lucky and it speeds up abit

the patching always gave me a bit of an issue i have to close and restart many times and normally that doesnt bother me but this is horrid

i got lucky and it speeded up

haha

but im not sure if i see the changes

so even on the map the new land doesnt become accessable untill 70?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombi
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Haha first thing I thought of when I heard this back in time **** was the newest FFXI expansion.
  • Bagira - Heavens Tear
    Bagira - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    im lv70
    updating now!!! its so awesome!!
    but it keep failing i think...
    any chance to fully download the expansion?
  • Altheabree - Heavens Tear
    Altheabree - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    OMG. Level 70 to enter the expansion??? Oh and thanks for the double XP...now it will ONLY take me 6 months to get there from lvl 40 as opposed to 12 months. Some of us don't LIVE on the game!!!! Not a good strategy on PWI part for sure!!!! They truly should have advertised it as a HIGH level expansion pack. That's a longggggg grind if you ask me just to play an expansion. It has been my experience that most expansions....yes MOST are accessible to pretty much all levels or at least a MUCH lower level. This is just ridiculous. Time to play a different game I think.
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    OMG. Level 70 to enter the expansion??? Oh and thanks for the double XP...now it will ONLY take me 6 months to get there from lvl 40 as opposed to 12 months. Some of us don't LIVE on the game!!!! Not a good strategy on PWI part for sure!!!! They truly should have advertised it as a HIGH level expansion pack. That's a longggggg grind if you ask me just to play an expansion. It has been my experience that most expansions....yes MOST are accessible to pretty much all levels or at least a MUCH lower level. This is just ridiculous. Time to play a different game I think.

Bye. b:bye
  • RazMan - Lost City
    RazMan - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It is amazing how everyone expects they should get instant gratification when a change is made or something is added to a game. If you cannot grind and work to the level/goal to get new items that are added to a game, why are you here? If this expansion is unfair then I guess HH and all the other things are unfair, as they are only for higher levels.

these things are for you to look forward to something at the higher levels and to feel you have accomplished something when you get there If everyone and their lvl 5 archer could get to these things it realy would not be worth much, would it?

As for the gripping about the Battle Pet pricing, on MY these were considered LEGENDARY pets, therefore higher than a Rare pet, so of course they are expensive. If you do not want to shell out the RL $$, then work to gradually buy one with in game gold. It will take longer, but at least you have not spent a fortune in RL $$. Personally I think people sell Rare pets too cheap as they are very difficult to get with all the tamers out there.
  • noemy
    noemy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Hum i got a question for you GM. i'm happy to see that the expansion is release, but i am waiting as a guild leader for a little fix and i was really hopping the expansion will fix it, but seems not :(

I just want to know this : Do you think you can fix soon the guild slogan, where we can only make a 50 char text without space... Could be nice to upgrade the character limit and allow space and somes other special character

I'm sure i'm not alone to hope for that ^^ If you can answer me can be nice :)
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    It is amazing how everyone expects they should get instant gratification when a change is made or something is added to a game. If you cannot grind and work to the level/goal to get new items that are added to a game, why are you here? If this expansion is unfair then I guess HH and all the other things are unfair, as they are only for higher levels.

these things are for you to look forward to something at the higher levels and to feel you have accomplished something when you get there If everyone and their lvl 5 archer could get to these things it realy would not be worth much, would it?

Exactly! As far as I know, this Lost Empire thing is permanent, so whether it takes you 3 months, or a week or even a day to get to level 70, it's something to look forward to all the same.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • theshazzbot
    theshazzbot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Exactly! As far as I know, this Lost Empire thing is permanent, so whether it takes you 3 months, or a week or even a day to get to level 70, it's something to look forward to all the same.

Yeppers. The Lost Empire isn't a temporary thing that will disappear at some point. Consider it a permanent new addition to the game that will always be here whether you hit level 70 1 month from now, or 1 year from now.
    Remember, posting on these forums is not a right - It's a PRIVILEGE!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thus the ShazzBot has spoken...
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    instant gratification? It's not expecting instant gratification when she's complaining about spending a hundred hours doing repetitive WORK to get to another area. If you compare working in-game compared to working real-life, the rewards for 100 hours is paltry in-game.

Aren't we all here to play, not work? Some challenge is important, but at this point I feel like I'm doing volunteer work-- except no one is being helped.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    If you compare working in-game compared to working real-life, the rewards for 100 hours is paltry in-game.

You know the rewards really arent that bad. I always joke with my husband I should quit my job and become a gold farmer. On Average if I spend just 3 hours a day doing what I do now, I make about 2-3 million a day. Minus approx 1 million in exspenses: mats, charms, pots etc, I still make a profit of 1-2 million minimum daily in the game for just 3 hours.

In a month that would be 100 hours from ONLY 3 hours a day. I would have made a profit of 30 million-60million minimum in in game cash. Last I saw farmers spamming i think gold was going for 1m for $12.99 or something lol. Thats roughly $390-$780 a month. thats a part time job where I live lol! and thats a minimum estimate. You know if i did it for 40 hours a week I would be making 60m-120m a month or roughly $780-$1560. Hell my full time job in real life only paid me about $1700 a month after taxes and I was making $18.35 an hour with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • zombi
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Apparently everyone out there is assuming they deserve to get the battle pet, and that it's not a veno only.
    Am I wrong in saying it's a veno only battle pet? I hope I'm right because if every class can battle with the phoenix this game is screwed.

A little off topic but how the heck to you make 2-3 million a day?
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Options
    By doing every venos calling lol. Non stop solo HH runs lol! I usually make 1m-1.5m just off the mirage stones I get a day if I dont do the cube. Then add in the extra money from the actual HH mats, crusade orders, random good drops, etc.

And before anyone goes into a rant about venos soloing HH, for the record a Cleric can solo HH 1-1 at lvl 70+ and WB/BM's can do solo mode in their high 70s without uber eq. Just takes some pots and a charm, and even I use pots and charms on my veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Saitada

• GloveMaster - Sanctuary
    GloveMaster - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options

just go to the pwi web site and download the patch form there thats what i do and it only takes from 2-5 minutesb:pleased
  • zombi
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Ah I'm far from being able to solo HH xD Only 51, and I haven't even touched the cube o: I'll have to keep that in mind when Im that level though.
  • makotsunami
    makotsunami Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    So far the only thing I'm not liking is the "wait for a million years for the damn thing to update" part of the expansion. I wanna play already! lol
  • zombi
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I updated in less than 5 mins :P Try the manual patch if you can't get it to patch automatically.
This discussion has been closed.