...but im actually 47 in game D:

help?
Back.
Post edited by Nayiro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    There may be a delay between a level update on the game server and it going to the forums. How long since you leveled up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    round 24 hours.

And now my sig ain't working xD
    Back.
  • wrath00
    wrath00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    ok, ive had peoplw say to go to main forum page, i did, nothing, the stupid window does NOT show up at all, someone please explain
    b:surrenderb:cry this is what happens when monsters see me >:P
  • Daishun - Sanctuary
    Daishun - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    i have the same issue except with my archer who isnt shown on the avatar list, so i gotta use my **** wiz
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Report New Forum Layout Bugs Here!

Please describe your issue here, then send a ticket to Customer Support here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

When you send an issue to Customer Support, tell them:

Your account name:

Your player name/forum name(s) that have the issues:

Describe what issues that you are having:

Describe what your name or avatar, etc; looked like, or what info was displayed before the forum change, and also describe what happened afterwards:

Please attach a JPG screenshot to the ticket email.

They will compile a list of the issues, and send them off to the engineers to work on fixing ASAP, ok?

Please bare with us this week as we transfer and upgrade things for the expansion and the gaming portal, ok?

Much thanks! b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Is the main forum page supposed to look like a text file?
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    No. Please do a hard refresh (CTRL-F5 in Firefox, Google Chrome, Chromium, Iexplore).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited December 2008
    One of my avatar lv is said"lv1" but my char is lv 32...b:chuckle

>>I just lved and it was fixed... b:victory<<
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Linked words like this : example are quite hard to see. pls change their color in one more visible
    and, u can't PM a GM on forum from now on? or is it a bug, i tried to send u guys a mail and couldn't
    AND< forum timer goes just too fast :O it's like 3-4 mins ahead
    EDIT: seems that it goes to fast just when u post (seconds go faster)...(timer above post-chat, doesn't work when editing a post)
    Re-edit: u can't send private messages to any1 now when clicking on the avatar, than selecting Send private message option, nothing happens
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The forum avatars take around 2 days to update now. (It's definately not cached on my side)
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    New forum design seems to make my PC lag when running the game as well. I havent changed nothing, before used to run in window mode, afk ingame, browse forums go back to playing as if nothing was runnin in the background.

Now I am having a bit of lag when playing and forums running in background.

This just me or other people having same issue?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    New forum design seems to make my PC lag when running the game as well. I havent changed nothing, before used to run in window mode, afk ingame, browse forums go back to playing as if nothing was runnin in the background.

Now I am having a bit of lag when playing and forums running in background.

This just me or other people having same issue?

Yeah, the new layout is WAY too heavy on the Flash. I thought the old site had lots of gratuitous Flash, but now it's even worse. b:sad

The only suggestion I have is to quit your browser or navigate away to another page while playing. Or perhaps we could petition PWE to reduce the amount of Flash on the site, somehow? (If nothing else, the dropdown menus are almost impossible to target anyhow, and the "Download Game" button could be made less "heavy" by using an animated GIF with the same palette as the surrounding items, no?)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Silberklaue - Heavens Tear
    Silberklaue - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    thx for the fast reply on my ticket :)

I know this isn't the suggestions-section, but it would be really cool if you could make two clocks on the forums, one for the server time (I always forget which time zone it is) and one for the user's time zone.

btw, I see now some buttons are the old ones and some are new...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Need help catching the Snow Hare (not to sell it -.-)? pm me! :)
  • Just_cool - Lost City
    Just_cool - Lost City Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    A button doesn't work, i mean not at all... the color box it's shown way too below the button (where it should be), i see it in the right of Preview button...
    my resolution is 1440x900
    IGN: JusT_CooL
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: ex-Conqueror

Follow the example of good GMing :D
    [SIGPIC]http://photos1.hi5.com/0044/475/618/k97TDv475618-02.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • senkitanpl
    senkitanpl Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    dont know if this is considered as forum bug, but I still cant choose my avatar on forum - I dont have my main character with highest level as choice in edit avatar
  • thehessian
    thehessian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have invited friends to join the game and they are telling me the registration page is not working. They live in Canada.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited December 2008
    We are aware of the bug with the registration page and the web team is working on a resolution. For now, just change the http in the URL to https and it should go through.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• thehessian
    thehessian Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    surtr wrote: »
    We are aware of the bug with the registration page and the web team is working on a resolution. For now, just change the http in the URL to https and it should go through.

ty I'll pass that along to them.
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Forum Errors; I know I am not the first to report the error that arises when you attempt to edit one of your posts in a thread aka "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Please note this does not indicate a failure to edit post, just an annoyance.

Additionally when you attempt to "preview" a post before submitting it, it posts the reply rather than 'previewing' it.
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For the forum:

Avatar - Not sure if this has been covered, me head hurts very bad, it is snowing out, the roads are bad and I had to play taxi this morning, so please excuse me if I missed it...

My little avatar by the current time shows my correct lvl, but when I post it is showing a few lvls ago. I have tried logging out and logging back in. Didn't work =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    For the forum:
    My little avatar by the current time shows my correct lvl, but when I post it is showing a few lvls ago. I have tried logging out and logging back in. Didn't work =(

I'm level 51 now and mine still says 49, which was about 3 or 4 days ago. Why yours downdated I don't know, but I bet it's because it's using a cached version.

As I typed this I noticed the clock at the top-right corner is incrementing two seconds instead of one per second.
    Non-mule alts:

• Forsakenx - Heavens Tear
    Forsakenx - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I'm level 51 now and mine still says 49, which was about 3 or 4 days ago. Why yours downdated I don't know, but I bet it's because it's using a cached version.

As I typed this I noticed the clock at the top-right corner is incrementing two seconds instead of one per second.

No, it didn't down date. The Avatar by the clock has the correct lvl but the one when I post says what 57? Which for me too was a couple of days ago. It's not a cached version ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Signatures pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87021

≈ 338 signatures made, and counting b:thanks

Screen Shot & Signature guide pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99031
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I have the same thing, except the one by the clock still says 50.
    Non-mule alts:

• darthpanda16
    edited December 2008
    Thanks for reporting these. Dvorak and the engineers will work on getting things working smoother. Give us some time b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Not sure if this is really a bug, but the buttons sometimes have the new "brown" layout and sometimes the ol blue one. (I liked the blue ones more, the new buttons are ugly :/)

I have the same problem with the avatar next to the clock and the one when I write something.

my clock counts the second wrong, too

If you're on the "main page" of the forum where you can see who did the last post in every category, it say last post "by by XX"

ummm... preview button works^^
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • peregryn
    peregryn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008

ummm... preview button works^^

hrmm .... might simply be my browser version;

Opera
    Version 9.62
    Build 10467
    Platform Win32
    System Windows NT 6.0
    Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.6

tested on up to date IE same error Preview button "works" but not to 'preview post' as it simply posts the reply
    Perhaps the greatest secret to getting along with others lies in learning to respect their opinion(s) even while you disagree with them.
  • Bobncut - Sanctuary
    Bobncut - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The "New Posts" link now intermittently fails to produce anything even when I have been away from the forums for days. It almost seems like whatever variable it is using to track the old/new cutoff is getting reset too soon.
  • Chloe - Heavens Tear
    Chloe - Heavens Tear Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Oh, I have the same thing, except the one by the clock still says 50.

My avatar where I post says 28 for some reason. I'm 39 though.
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    Shyriena - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I have 3 Bugs to report

My Signature has changed. But my old posts do not show it. There is no Way to edit your post and have the signature put in.

Also if I change my signature. Old posts show the old signature. not the updated one ?

If I edit a post and click advanced I get this error message on a firefox browser

Request-URI Too Large

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.
    Apache Server at localhost Port 80

and on Internet Explorer It goes to an error page.

On Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000 when I edit a post and hit save, it goes to a screen saying this message

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

It should have sent me back to see the message with the update.

but when I hit back. it goes back to the thread with the upates saved.
    edited December 2008
    Sometimes signatures will update from the old one, but it takes awhile.

Sometimes it doesn't. Depends on how old your account is. It is temperamental.

Thanks for reporting things everyone, we really appreciate it! b:pleased

EDIT: The forums hate me :(
This discussion has been closed.