Way Too Expensive!!!!

Comments

• Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I would say any issues related to the cash shop are very important since if PWE totally ignores the majority, they will eventually have no business left.

On a plus note, at least we know the "cash shop huddle" section is being read by GMs. However, whether they actually respond to many of the questions asked on here is a different matter.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol all i gotta say... L O L b:chuckle

I wish the GMs would do something like this....

I say lower the price per ZEN (gold) by 35%... that means it will cost $0.65 per ZEN instead of $1. That means for $20 you can get 30 ZEN (actually comes out more than 65 cents per) which is 10 more than right now. This isn't that big of a change and I personally think it would make a very good difference. I have checked the Auction House to see the gold sales, and there is barely any being sold. Also, players shops very rarely say they are selling anything from the Boutique. If you think about it, if you want to buy a pair of pants (using male as an example) most are 3 gold. That means you would pay $3... kinda steep imo. But if they would lower the price with my suggestion it would be $1.95-$2... not that much of a difference but much better. b:pleased

Just a little idea that I would think would work idk b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    bare in mind tho .. this is PWI as in INTERNATIONAL.. server is based in the US nd they have to pay their server etc with DOLLARS.. not with w/e currency they have in korea or japan or w/e

prices are probably based on their own living situation couse you can get so much money if you take 100 dollar to a country like japan while if you are in the US nd spend 100 dollar its nuffin.. thats how economy works.. get used to it!.. as been said.. YOU DONT NEED TO BUY ITS YOUR OWN CHOISE.
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    bare in mind tho .. this is PWI as in INTERNATIONAL.. server is based in the US nd they have to pay their server etc with DOLLARS.. not with w/e currency they have in korea or japan or w/e

prices are probably based on their own living situation couse you can get so much money if you take 100 dollar to a country like japan while if you are in the US nd spend 100 dollar its nuffin.. thats how economy works.. get used to it!.. as been said.. YOU DONT NEED TO BUY ITS YOUR OWN CHOISE.

Mounts I can do without, I can just walk.. Fancypants fashion clothes I don't need either. But things that give people a edge over me just because they can shell out wads of cash isn't that fair.

It's easy for most of you to say the prices are fine. Because frankly, you all got it easy financially if you can blow 30+ dollars on a game casually.

People(Not the people who play this game it seems) are broke. People have bills to pay. I know these guys need to make their money and all, but they would make more money if people could afford to buy from them.

These kinda prices is what scares people away from games.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    rild wrote: »
    But things that give people a edge over me just because they can shell out wads of cash isn't that fair.
    Example?
    It's easy for most of you to say the prices are fine. Because frankly, you all got it easy financially if you can blow 30+ dollars on a game casually.

People(Not the people who play this game it seems) are broke. People have bills to pay. I know these guys need to make their money and all, but they would make more money if people could afford to buy from them.

These kinda prices is what scares people away from games.
    If you are that broke maybe you should consider getting a job instead of sitting around playing games.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    Example?

If you are that broke maybe you should consider getting a job instead of sitting around playing games.

I expected this kinda answer. If you think someone has to be unemployed to not be able to afford the cash shop(I have a job btw) then somethings really wrong here.

It seems like the majority of PWI customers have money to burn, unlike most of us on Earth
  • pepepu
    pepepu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I totally agreed with alot of you guys. PWI is a very expensive game to play. If some you who don't see it, you are just too blind.

It's free and nobody force you to buy (like some of you mentioned)and at lower level you don't care but a higher level, it's a different kind of game.

Some items are totally overprice. I only bought 20 gold right now and it doesn't even last me 2 week. That's why I think PWI is an expensive free game.

One thing that find out in PWI (cause I'm new to PW ) like the way the exp scroll works is a waste of money and so dumb. You lose your XP scroll (or your 50 cents) if you get disconnected from the game or if your PC is turned off because of power surge or if you happened to log out of game because you need take a dump.

I even think that the xp scroll are expensive. Seems like 50 cents of xp scroll per hour doesn't seem not alot but if you do the math, forget it. some game when you buy their premium, the xp boost run 24/7 and you don't have to feel like you are in the rush to grind to make the most use your money.

My experience with PWI and their XP scroll make me feels like I have to grind to make the most out of it and not wasting me money.
    edited November 2008
    I expected this kinda answer. If you think someone has to be unemployed to not be able to afford the cash shop(I have a job btw) then somethings really wrong here.

It seems like the majority of PWI customers have money to burn, unlike most of us on Earth
    So you are telling me that you don't drink alcohol, buy books, magazines or enjoy any sort of luxuries at all? Because if you do any of those things you can afford Cash Shop. It's not that you can't afford it, it's that you don't want to spend on it. If you are too broke to spend money on games then lowering cash shop prices wouldn't do a thing unless it somehow gives you more money. It's not the price's fault that you want all the fashion, mounts, aerogear and aren't able to afford it.

What makes you think that people who play PWI all have money to burn? Just because their sense of value is different to yours you assume they are all throwing money out the window? I personally have not spent a cent on the game, I've never had the need to. I don't mind not having fashion and I can afford mounts, aerogear and charms with just in game gold. I don't even farm, I just see cheap things which I buy and later sell, take advantage of event prices and monitor demand and supply of things.
  • Larkel - Heavens Tear
    Larkel - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    When I first went to look at the prices to by zhen I had to double check. I thought noo way this is right. Because yeah I came from Malaysia too. When I figured how much people were spending on those Boa serpent w/e mounts, $50!!!!!!! I was like no way. I could buy 2 whole MMO box games with that. Seriously, that is insane. I don't care what you have to say, lol. People starving in the world, but i got me a Fiddy dolla mount. WOO WOO!

Anyway, seriously. I do know it is a free game, but as soo many people are trying to get across here is that. If they (and they really should) lowered the prices. More people would actually "buy it." You see the beauty of that, they would make more.

I haven't bought any and to be honest I won't. I have a few things that have made me think twice before I invest in this game.
    1. We don't ever get incentives.. I mean even the myspace event, which was so very close. Would not give us that bit of xp.. I thought for sure they be like well you guys really tried and got pretty close, so here.
    2. Halloween event- Okay I have played alot of free games.. example. Rappelz "alot like this game" gave out cash shop items for their event. They didn't make their players pay for them to enjoy the event. Standing there just pouring money into a vendor. Really isn't my idea of a fun holiday treat. Iono, maybe I am just weird. I mean the cash shop is an a great idea. They make tons off of it. Way more than you would for a sub game. Though, if they want to keep people in the long run. Need to take example from some of the other free to play games. I had two friends leave the game b/c once they seen the cash shop and prices and said no way. I think this is a great game and therefore would like the player base and game to continue to grow. You know it is a sub game in china. I kind of wish it would just stick with that. They have housing and all kinds of awesome stuff. If I knew the language I would so play it. Just my input here, nothing more. b:thanks
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    So you are telling me that you don't drink alcohol, buy books, magazines or enjoy any sort of luxuries at all? Because if you do any of those things you can afford Cash Shop. It's not that you can't afford it, it's that you don't want to spend on it. If you are too broke to spend money on games then lowering cash shop prices wouldn't do a thing unless it somehow gives you more money. It's not the price's fault that you want all the fashion, mounts, aerogear and aren't able to afford it.

What makes you think that people who play PWI all have money to burn? Just because their sense of value is different to yours you assume they are all throwing money out the window? I personally have not spent a cent on the game, I've never had the need to. I don't mind not having fashion and I can afford mounts, aerogear and charms with just in game gold. I don't even farm, I just see cheap things which I buy and later sell, take advantage of event prices and monitor demand and supply of things.

Whatever you say dude. It's sad how easily fooled some people are.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    bumpz b:victory and yes it is important GM!! unless you can give me a reason y its not i see no problem with bumping so ppl can talk about it here

Lower Zen Prices! WOO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • cellq7
    cellq7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The prices aren't that bad, actually. I've seen a lot worse prices for TEMPORARY things in other games, and people still buy them, lol. I think asian servers cost less because they have a larger player base buying the cash shop, and also if the game happens to be hosted in the US, the US dollar isn't exactly in its top shape anymore so prices have to be raised to make up for that, too.

If they're too expensive for you, save up coins and buy gold in game. Its not that hard, just make a farming character, like a veno or something.

Fiesta is just as Expensive (most of their items are temp.),

Mabinogi is more reasonable and where almost everything is permanent and the pets cost less than 10 dollars.
  • bigpappa
    bigpappa Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    While I do have fun in PW, it is by far the most expensive moneypit of an online game I've ever seen.

I am with most folks, if your high level, you cannot survive without spending money.

The 1 dollar=1 gold rate is nuts.

Most online games that are pay to play, only cost 15 a month. I go through about 4 gold charms a level now. With JUST that, it's running me more than any other online game. Take into consideration that I have to FEED my mount pets, and I need an arcane book too. Those run 2 gold. They run out in a week. So three to four of those a month to keep my multiple mounts fed.

Already, that's cost me more than most other games. And folks, don't tell me YOU don't have to spend. The way this game is designed, it's near impossible NOT to have to buy things at a higher level.

Being a tank, you'll mow through charms, gold or silver. I saw lower shop prices, and actually lower repair prices for armor/weapons. 14k everytime I need to repair something is getting a bit much.

Even our ingame gold doesn't go as far as it should. The whole system needs a bit of work on prices. 60 per one average gem, yet it costs me a minimum of 10k per repair. Somehow, that's not right.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    im glad people are getting active about this problem xP this is something they can actually change, i know there is alot that they cant do anything about, but ZEN prices are their opinion and we are saying lower, so hopefully... maybe... possibly a GM will look at this and take notice and do somethin about it... yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Tara - Lost City
    Tara - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I just came from the perfectworld.com.my game and started playing the international version since I am from the U.S.
    I have spent over 200 U.S. dollars on the malaysian version and it was well worth it. After playing this version I decided to buy some cubi-gold AND FOUND OUT ONE GOLD = ONE DOLLAR!!!! THIS IS INSANE!!!!

I bought my raptor for $6 and in this game it costs $30!!

I blew $20 on this game before I realized this version was so expensive. I CANT EVEN BUY A GOOD MOUNT WITH $20!!!

I GUARANTEE I WILL NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME ON THIS GAME UNTIL IT IS REASONABLY PRICED!!!

your lucky least mount costs you $20 here in AU 50 Zen cost $80 AU so figure that $20 mount out then **** prices how to stop people actually using Zen lol morons

Edit to fix this issue people must STOP buying Zen
    edited November 2008
    Wait what? That made no sense at all. Use some punctuation if you want anyone to understand what you are typing.

That is a completely void argument, it's like saying "Omg a loaf of bread here would cost like 1 billion Zimbwabwe dollars, that is ridiculous!"
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I hope you know that by people buying zen it helps with all the updates and everything else that everyone likes about this game.

Sure the prices are a bit overpriced but at least its a free game and there not making you buy zen or paying monthly for this....

Like come on seriously, I bet that if people stopped buying zen then the game would stop being as good cause there would be no money to do anything for the game.... And besides you can buy the boutique items in game but for lots of in game money.....

So come on grow up ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • RockyFox - Sanctuary
    RockyFox - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree their stuff is WAY over priced...
    and I am sure they would make ALOT more money
    if they atleat lower the prices a little bit.

To be honest 30$ for a "Mount"
    which is basically an item you can use in a Game...
    Yea thats kinda stupid...
    I could take 30$ and buy me a Game at Walmart,
    And forever play it!

They should lower the Mounts to atleast 10$....
    thats more reasonable then 30$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ekibiogami
    ekibiogami Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i agree that the prices are too high.

i would buy cash shop items if they were cheaper. i currently buy nothing...
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is exactly why people like me buy gold with in-game coins. But I am a Veno so it's much easier for me than say a BM or a Barb (equipment repairs) or a support cleric (MP charm dependent.)

It would be great if they lowered the dollar to zhen ratio. I wouldn't count on it though. It'd be best to make a farming character.
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Happycat - Heavens Tear
    Happycat - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    People I have played a bunch of "free" to play online games and they ALL have this same problem, All have pages upon pages of forum space taken up with threads of people complaining about cash shop prices.

The GM's for all of these games know about these complaints, however THIS WILL NOT CHANGE!!! people have tried submitting it as suggestions all at once= ignored, Tried not buying from cash shop= fail (in one game the Gm's stoped updating and fixing bugs for a while till people started useing the cash shop again).

Lets just face it this wont change... the sooner you accept that the sooner you can get on with the game.

I dont buy from the cash shop BTW.
  • Teknical - Lost City
    Teknical - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The cost of Zen really inst that expensive, I have see a far worse game.

This game called Out War, that I've been playing for over a year has a terrible pricing for there points. Which is the only form of currency in the game, but you can play it for free as well, its just hard to get a mass amount of points.

If PWI wanted to make people happy, they could just do a ZEN promo every once in a while. Like once every 6 months or so. Which could hurt them or benefit.

basically the promo would double the gold from the purchase or x1.5

Now the benefit to doing this would be that you'd get a hole new load of people that would probably jump at buying some gold then, the only down fall out be. you'd have some people that are all ready customers that would stop buying points every once in a while and would wait for a promo before they would be willing to buy more points.

This could also destroy the Economy on server likes some people stated before.

But over all the cost of ZEN should not be reduced because a lot of people would feel they have been ripped off and deserve something back.. or what ever.

Also keep in mind that it cost more to run a server in the USA than other country's.
  • MOdOkai - Sanctuary
    MOdOkai - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Maybe perfect world just needs to be funded by advertisements to cut prices. i mean the lower the prices the more people will play which will lead to more companies to pay for a few advertisements?
  • slynx
    slynx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think this is a good thread game management should read ...certainly nobody is forcing anybody to buy zen, but there are many people in this thread (including myself) who feel that this game is way over priced ...

of course I can't help but think the reason for this is that PWI is made specifically to target Americans, and it has "exploitation" written all over it ...lol

Simply put, it is good business to make sure your customer is happy, cuz then you ensure they come back for more.
  • thesupertank
    thesupertank Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As long as people are stupid enough to pay high prices for these cash shops, the cash shops will keep on charging those prices.

I play free mmo's for fun and I just started perfect world. It's like this with most of the the so called free mmo's.

To get the full experience, you have to shell out some cash. But 30 bills for something in a game is ludicrous, and it won't change till the majority of cash shop customers decide the cost is too high.
    Dont get mad at me for using this as an example BUT if any of you have played WoW like I have then you know that you can buy EVERYTHING with IN GAME CASH!!!! I understand taht WoW doesnt have a cash shop and blah blah blah BUT they should keep the cash shop how it is BUT make EVERYTHING that is in the cash shop available to us to earn in game with in game cash by actually having funa nd playing the game more. (training, farming, dungeons, ECT.)
  • Sweaty - Heavens Tear
    Sweaty - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think you can buy anything from the cash shop with in game coin....you just have to do it through a third party who actually shelled out the cash. Correct me if Im wrong.
  • zenostrife
    zenostrife Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    useually when games are this expessive and are a total grind fest at high lvls even with those expessive exp thinys i find myself a nice Private Server b:laugh,i dont have to waste the money i need, and i have alot more fun >_>, because i dont have to spends months and months just to get to a dessent lvl, and for a person that has alot a **** to do and cant sit on the computer all day its great. sp Private Servers FTW b:victory
  • turkjak
    turkjak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ill stick to games like this either US or International with just going around killing.. except for the mounts i dont see anything in the shop that a quest wont get for ya b:victory
  • Sidone - Sanctuary
    Sidone - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    gotta side with prophet on this one i figured i would buy in a minimum ammount and try the game as its meant to be tried.... totally not worth it. I like the game when I play with charms, but honestly when my charms run out I will probably go find something else.
  • essenceofnightmares
    essenceofnightmares Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    think of server costs for a second where would it cost you more to run a server, here or in china, which gm will cost you higher the chinese of the american. thre got he prises, i also seen much worse for much worse games.

scribbled really fast need to hit bed, gn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.