Kill Orinj! Kill Ironman!! Kill Xarfox!!! - Friday, Nov. 21

Options

Comments

• noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So its Pacific time that means like around 12p.m.(noon for noobs) for the east coast right?
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So its Pacific time that means like around 12p.m.(noon for noobs) for the east coast right?

no, other way add not subtract. or your other left for noobs.
  • Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear
    Fallenangelx - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    i'll rush home after work b:chuckle
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Oh man... what I wouldn't give to take out a GM, with some nice high level gear. Muha

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, ha, cough, cough, HA!

b:beatenup
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'll kill Ironman, been there done that.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Oh man... what I wouldn't give to take out a GM, with some nice high level gear. Muha

muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha, ha, cough, cough, HA!

b:beatenup

Hmmm you would also be a good target! Not just Kantorek. b:laugh

P.S.: If this has you confussed panda ask Kantorek about it.
  • Itami - Lost City
    Itami - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Should be fun. Just want to know what time this is GMT.
  • Aryannaveno - Sanctuary
    Aryannaveno - Sanctuary Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well I live in England which is GMT. I am 8 hours in front of the servers... Does that answer your question?
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    brisngr wrote: »
    This sounds like fun!! Will the GMs be.abke to fight back?

The GM's aren't going to go out of their way to 'harm' players but he/she may take the occasional swipe (unarmed hopefully) at players.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Is forum time the same as server time if so Im right and the event starts at 12 for me like I said. Sorry when I said east coast I was thinking bout where I live.
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Is forum time the same as server time if so Im right and the event starts at 12 for me like I said. Sorry when I said east coast I was thinking bout where I live.

if you're on the East Coast then you're 3 hours ahead of Pacific Time (which is what we base our 'server time' on).

therefore, the events will start at 5:30 pm., 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. for East Coasters.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Jaraxle - Heavens Tear
    Jaraxle - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    so just out of curiosity, ive never used this pk mode, what do you do in it?
  • Spliffany - Lost City
    Spliffany - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    GMT gamers have to add 8 hours to PST.

For example on LostCity the event starts at 3 p.m. PST which is 11 p.m. GMT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Peerless -> GuardianZ -> RageQuit -> Spectral -> Essence -> Tri-Force [retired]
  • Fierydevil - Lost City
    Fierydevil - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Dvorak wrote: »
    if you're on the East Coast then you're 3 hours ahead of Pacific Time (which is what we base our 'server time' on).

therefore, the events will start at 5:30 pm., 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. for East Coasters.

This game is named Perfect World International, not Perfect World US, why official representatives of the game continue using PST, EST, PMS and other unknown time zones when all over the world ppl use the standard GMT.
    GMT gamers have to add 8 hours to PST.

For example on LostCity the event starts at 3 p.m. PST which is 11 p.m. GMT.

Thanks
    This is a warning b:victory
  • brisngr
    brisngr Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    will you have to enter pk mode to join?
  • Miaku - Heavens Tear
    Miaku - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Haha totally a cute event idea, looking forward to it b:chuckle
    "Those who say it can't be done, should get out of the way of those who are doing it."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature created by: Forsakenx
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This game is named Perfect World International, not Perfect World US, why official representatives of the game continue using PST, EST, PMS and other unknown time zones when all over the world ppl use the standard GMT.

Thanks

The servers are on GMT -8 time.... lol I'm in the US and I still prefer GMT over our "PST,EST,CST" ****
  • dvorak
    edited November 2008
    Options
    REMINDER: the Kill the GM events will start in 30 minutes.

please see this thread for further details:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=114442

The event location/schedule is as follows:

* Heavens Tear @ 2:30 p.m (all times, Pacific Time). GM target = Orinjina
    * Lost City @ 3 p.m. GM target = Ironman
    * Sanctuary @ 3:30 p.m. GM target = Xarfoxy

See you all there!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Your wording there Dworak... Does this mean you will be there too? Ready to die yet? b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The PK question has been asked a couple time and still no answer :( Do you have to go into PK mode on the PVE server?
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Holy COW!!! The Kill GM event is saaaweeeeeet!!!!

Please log in to your appropriate server soon! Lost city at 3pm California Time!!!

Please expect total deadness here on the forums until 3:30 from some of us b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Frozenmango - Lost City
    Frozenmango - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    this is the stupidest even ever ...
  • kwyl
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well it was nice of y'all to hold the event. Thanks for that. The event, however, was not so nice. Could have been great. Certainly better than Halloween. You keep trying and I'll keep going. Sure would like to know if I didn't get anything because I wasn't in PK mode.
  • Dicentra - Heavens Tear
    Dicentra - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    this is the stupidest even ever ...

Hey, at least the GMs tried. I agree the event was a failure, but it was a learning experience for the GMs. Now the GMs will learn from this event and know what made it fail and how they can make it better for everyone next time.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    That was very chaotic, and overall a waste of time unless you were able to pick enough valuable items up to make it worth while....

Great stress test though. b:victory

And I was honoured to be killed by RoC's leader. b:laugh
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • bonghit
    bonghit Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Thanks GMs. yeah the event was chaotic and laggy as hell but i reckon there were 400+ folk on HT trying to get in on the action. even with all that it was heaps of fun. maybe the best time i've had ever in this game.

thank you orinj and other gms for letting me hit you.
  • mrdoodle
    mrdoodle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Way to go with your "event".
    Dvorak wrote:
    WANTED! The heads of PWI's most infamous GM's served on a silver platter....err, or something along those lines.

This Friday (Nov. 21) PWI is seeking all brave and hardy adventurer's to join in and "KILL THE GM!"

At a scheduled time and location, some of your favorite GMs will become raid targets and will be running around Pierced Heart Lake with some treats. Keep whacking them and prizes will drop. If everyone on the server can team up effectively and kill the GM an even niftier item will drop that one lucky person can claim!

The details are as follows:

KILL THE GM will be held on Friday, Nov. 21 on the following servers:

* Heavens Tear @ 2:30 p.m (all times, Pacific Time). GM target = Orinjina
    * Lost City @ 3 p.m. GM target = Ironman
    * Sanctuary @ 3:30 p.m. GM target = Xarfoxy

Location = Pierced Heart Lake (in the center of your World Map).

Who can participate? = Anyone and everyone can and should join in the fun. Whether you are a level 1 or an uber level 89 join up, roll up your sleeves and take your frustrations out on the GM of your choice! Keep your eyes open for the loot that will drop - first come, first served!

You said everyone can participate, NOT. You forgot to say that we have to go PK mode. I feel for those who lost their items during the event. Hope you feel better now ^_^
  • Devarous - Heavens Tear
    Devarous - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I liked the event, but it was so laggy XD I even had to hide almost everything to run smoothly lol. I even took some screenshots! b:laugh
    (too bad I hardly hit anything, but kicked some mobs :D - not until death thats it lol)

But in Lost city, Ironman was pretty tough o_O so many people hitting him and no effect XD, and why the monsters were different in Lost City and Heaven's Tear o_O?
  • kwyl
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Mrdoodle,

You are the only person to say whether or not we had to be in PK mode to get anything. Are you sure about that? It would really suck if we were forced to enter into 10hrs of PK mode just to participate profitably in a 30 minute event. I guess they didn't say beforehand because the lower lvls wouldn't show and they couldn't do their stress test :( Not fair!
  • Dicentra - Heavens Tear
    Dicentra - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sure would like to know if I didn't get anything because I wasn't in PK mode.

I got 10 average aquamarine shards from one drop from gm and I wasn't in pk mode.