Sevendust - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Your forgetting...

Item Shields(Class specific)
  • ninjustsu
    ninjustsu Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    smirk wrote: »
    One thing that annoys me most about the game is when I go to open auction house or mailbox and if you do not open you backpack first, then you have to close it all out open pack then go back to auction house or mailbox.

I like to send things to my hubby and I always forget to open my backpack before opening the mailbox.

The shortcut keys do not seem to work when you are in mailbox but if you click on the 'inventory' button it will open up for you.

On another note: why is no one using the auction system? Takes away the crazy in town lag and having to keep computer logged in game all day/night.

Suggestion: Autopickup if you are in party and if the pickup is set to random. Don't you find it a pain to pick up items when you are a long ranged character? (archer/mage)
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I placed some opinion/comments on some of the things you listed~

Control Monster Priority Over Top Windows - :confused:
    Control Ability To Cancel Buffs By Clicking On Them - so - so
    Display Server Clock
  • Indrejue - Heavens Tear
    Indrejue - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    every one has forgot about a very basic game mechanic that should have been implemented long ago. the bank for crying out load sucks. in every other game i played banks are shared amoung the chars but not here i have 4 different chars no i put in a bunch of stuff from my main for some of my other chars when i went back with the other chars bank was empty when i went back with main it was still there. this is not good for people who need to give stuff to other chars.:confused:
  • dormant
    dormant Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Sorry I previewed this a few times and it posted dident think it would now I cant delete blah.
  • dormant
    edited October 2008
    Sorry I previewed this a few times and it posted dident think it would now I cant delete blah.
  • dormant
    edited October 2008
    Hey I was trying to make a character that looked like crim off .****/sign now he's cool my biggest set back was to my surprise the hair you guys have alot of cool hair but nothing that resembled his may I suggest you add something to the effect I think he has really cool hair and it would have multiple uses probley a popular choice I mean who doesent love crim's hair?

crim.jpg

Sorry about the link its a pic of the awsome hair was trying to get it just posted on the fourms without haveing to use the linke but sigh I failed
  • itsybitsy
    itsybitsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    it might sound stupd but im like crazy about the whole taming pets. i think it would be cool if there was a shop made just for customizing the way your pet looked. not like changing its form or anything, just maybe its coloring or being able to see its collar. and maybe if you buy your pet things it will help its taming level just like when you feed it pure water and whatever else. just a little accessary store for your pets.

tell me if im just being dorky or whatever.

sillysandra
  • interal
    interal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    i see alot of insane prices of items in player shops
    3k for pig iron for example
    my suggestion would be to put a +10% limit or so to it

next suggestion would be to put playershop area's in the world instead of letting them pile up at archosaur with over 100+ shops (hard to orientate for quest characters, keep the city's clean)
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Thanks witcher for compiling this list. Certainly makes it easier to sift through the suggestions. You deserve a sticker! Except I'm out of stickers so you'll just have to settle for a sticky.

Please keep compiling the list like this and thanks again! b:thanks
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Corondia - Heavens Tear
    Corondia - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Please add this suggestion to your list. It would make for some much needed GM/Mod views.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=77791
  • cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Here's another suggestion also, how about show the duration for all buffs and debuffing skills? Its because its a bit hard to keep track on how long the spell would actually last, that way it would be much easier for the player to cast that spell before the duration diminishes.

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=examplesgamesperfectworec9.jpg

That's one of the screenshots I edited. I'm pretty sure its straightforward to show something, so it is much easier to understand. :)
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • Lady_aeriya - Sanctuary
    Lady_aeriya - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1. Please allow all sexes to be able to give all sexes rides on mounts/flying etc. Just get rid of the intimacy on same sex flight/rides. Also if you buy a mount, and you're a girl, it's kind of a waste of money if u can't even give anyone a ride on it!! I've sent an email to developers with a poll of 90% ppl agreeing and this idea was ignored sadly. So please help us out!

2. Please implement the housing, I was excited to see a game where you can make a house, but what happened to it? And owning land, will we ever be able to do these things?

3. Please customize the chatting system and make a turn on/off censor on chat. Please add an auto reply key like (ctrl +r like FFXI online) or something to make chatting more easy.

4. Please fix the pet bugs (like where pet won't go past gate guards), or pets disappear sometimes without reason, and allow them to cross bridges over water etc.

5. Please also add on the main map (like minimap) the thing where you can mouse over the people in your squad and see who is who. This will help a lot if you're trying to pinpoint someone in your squad who is the same race etc.
  • vallove00
    vallove00 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    1. Please allow all sexes to be able to give all sexes rides on mounts/flying etc. Just get rid of the intimacy on same sex flight/rides. Also if you buy a mount, and you're a girl, it's kind of a waste of money if u can't even give anyone a ride on it!! I've sent an email to developers with a poll of 90% ppl agreeing and this idea was ignored sadly. So please help us out!

I agreed. It's better for both sexes to be able to ride on mount/flyings. Also why only a male can 'embrace' a female? While not the other way round? Girls have their 'rights' too =D

2. Please implement the housing, I was excited to see a game where you can make a house, but what happened to it? And owning land, will we ever be able to do these things?

Hmm... It will be great to see housing on PerfectWorld. Perhaps like other games, to make a special map for people to build their own house, or even furnitures. Then something like a teleporter on outside the map, whereby one can tele to this 'House' Map...

3. Please customize the chatting system and make a turn on/off censor on chat. Please add an auto reply key like (ctrl +r like FFXI online) or something to make chatting more easy.

Agreed. When people whisper us, is kind of troublesome in typing out their name again, and whisper them back. It will be a great idea to have shortcut keys such as '/r' for replying of whisper. Like '!!' for squad chat, '/' for whisper chat etc...
  • zionwarrior
    zionwarrior Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    yo witcher i made a interesting suggestion and i did not see it but it might because its soo long it is about a way to make more gold with a job class and can u look it up i still am trying to make it more understandable but i did an ok job i think use the search funct. to find it under the suggestions and tell me wut u think thx
    340e1f28-2806-453d-8005-5420e7eb9a6b.jpg
    Check my older posts by profile I am far older than 2010 I was from beta just got on forums in 2008 otc for the first time.
  • xoza
    xoza Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is a list I sent in, and typed up posting it on my guilds forums, I update it as others make there suggestions below.

- Add a default quick key to assist
    - Add a default quick key to target nearest (usualy tab)
    - Make the number bar from keys 1 to the +/= key
    - Make it so if you use a control key like Ctrl, Alt or Shift while pressing a power button, it will use the power on the next active bar like Shift+F1 would trigger the same power as if I was to press Tab then F1, do this with both bars (seeing as I use my numbers for my powers and im sure others do as well, the numbers are easier to get to and should have more options, the Fkeys should be more out of combat things like Fly, Pickup, Potions, and other random stuff you would not access as often as powers)
    - Allow the second bar from primary's to be able to break appart. for options.
    - Bind " I " to the Bag/Inventory Button as well if not used for anything else.
    - There are a lot of people out there fully willing to DJ for PW, even if completely automated, get Perfect Broadcast running. Look into Pandora.com or add an ingame MP3 player, the user can use.
    - For safty features (and I wouldnt say this of some idiots havent died from it) set reminders of breaks, if the Auto Reply is not active, as you enter instances or via online time, remind the user to take time before for a break or the like.
    - Bring a special, constant or not, of Pigments 1g per set color (not random)
    - Be sure to have specials come back, as there are always new users (*always recruiting*) so they see even if it was a limited time, they too will have the option to gain it again in the future.
    - Bring the Crystal and Seraphim wings ingame (if there not, I have never seen them)
    - Make it so wings are colorable (I run around in all white myself and im not to fond of my brown eagle wings, im sure people would pay to be able to recolor there flying tools, swords too, would be the effects and such to match there clothing or styles)
    - Put the minimap rotation option in the Settings>UI tab
    - Add a [Map This] button, or right click option to any cords onscreen, including current, so you could set markers of previous locations.
    - Auto detect chatted cords and allow this option for them as well.
    - Remove the curser from the Chat window after pressing enter, dont remove if you press cntl+enter, use shift+enter to drop down instead of enter.
    - Make Auction house auto open your inventory, or allow inventory opening when any other NPC based screen is open (just because it seems you cant open it when your talking to an NPC)
    - Allow Heal amount popups on the healers screen as a green +amount
    - Allow lower buffs to show a popup of (unaffected) if the current buff on the target is higher then the one buffing unless the time left on the buff is less then 5min.
    - Show in the hover text of the buff description details of its level what its stats are and the time it has left on it
    - Show in the character window modified stats by buffs being green
    - Add command strings to Actions, like -wave or similar
    - Add more imersive Actions like "-wave Achtai" would trigger a Xoza waves at Achtai or make it so -wave would just do the animation unless a target is involved this would be exceptionaly helpful for the charge action.
    - Add a command like %t that can be used in chat that would fill %t with the users current target, so users can do "ok, lets attack %t first" those who hear the command in group chat would see an arrow marker of the speekers target.
    - Give me a job making suggestions <.<
    - Remove the cool down on animation actions while out of combat (some like to be creative mixing stuff up to look like dances and such)
    - Get better dance animations that are loopable (depending on the program, there are lots of free ones out there)
    - When on the main screen of an NPC, remove the Back button or change it so if there is no where to go back close instead.
    - Add something like a 'bookmark' option, small flags that wont show arrows that you can place notes on your map, or the like. (if I wanted to mark the place to get revival herbs I could place a flag there)
    - Make it when Mapstuff and other saved settings are modified or created it saves at creation/modification instead of at logoff/exit.
    - Show range in meters to targets eather for arrows or targeted huds (will help archers see range as well as being able to calculate flight time)
    - Drop Local/Common chat range to 15-20m, Shout around 80-90m
    - custom emotes SL's is used like this " /me pounces Achtai " = " Xoza pounces Achtai " the /me command would remove the " : " from behind Xoza
    - Start an RP server
    - by visual, it looks like 5m = 1 cord movement
    - Bind a key to autofollow or goto similar to doubleclicking an NPC or sale player
    - Change mail pricing to 10coin if there is not an attachment, else adjust according the the level of the attached item.
    - Add additional quests per level (around 35 it seems to become a problem) or make Solo-Killing missions give XP.
    - Allow Others to buff or heal another or group's pets.
    - Place pets in the group list as a smaller single bar under the owner.
    - Allow users to target another player and attack though there target, example, you obviously cant attack your group leader, but you want to attack there target, target your group leader, and cast your attack will automaticly attack there target.
    - Allow or add group target quick keys, example alt+1 would target your group leader, and so on.
    - Add an error if you cannot target a group individual.
    - Intersect all teleport paths to be travel'able from any location.
    -Add a button that will organize your inventory items depending on the type of item it is (see Neverwinter Nights II) like -Armor -Mats -Stones -Wearables and what not.
    - Allow a 'remove cursor at enter' for all types of chat, option, this will prevent the "wwwwaaddddwwww" at times of needing to move around.
    - Allow an option to turn off/on footsteps, also change footstep sounds via environment, like if your walking on grass it doesn't sound like your walking on a paved walk all the time. If you need the sounds, I have them and would happily send them your way.
    Wardens of Gia - Support Cleric
  • oppo
    oppo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    This is a good list and if all of this stuff was implemented it would make it a really great game, not that the game is not great now it's just that it would do with these improvements.

Big thumbs up to the thread starter for keeping and maintaining the list.
  • rakan1
    rakan1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Combat Auto Targeting (Tab)
    Control Rebind Keys
    Control Invert Mouse Option
    Movement Auto Run
    Movement Strafe Options

I strongly agree on these. I thought all games had these options...
  • Adriazirma - Sanctuary
    Adriazirma - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I miss some macro binds (Lineage 2 has them for instance). Some command line interface with commands bindable to keyboard. Keyboard is SO big and so little used by PWI currently. Imagine shortcuts for following selected squad member, assisting other one or whatever. In the middle of the combat one mob runs after the healer and what can you do? Turn your view like crazy (in some caves there are spikes going into your view ;-)), click the mob (with shift preferably, not to select the healer), attack (after 1s of targeting lag). Now you could have a bind "assist %2" that would solve the first part for you. Attacking is up to you of course. ;-)

There are endless possibilities for system like this.
  • imunity
    imunity Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Auction Improvements
    Please make it sortable by Star. by Time, by Price.
    Filter by Category such as Weapons, Armor, etc.
    Search by price range.
    Item comparison, pointing at the equipment you want to buy should open info window about the item and info window about the equipment you are wearing.
  • saylum
    saylum Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    These suggestions are awesome :)
    Hope they actually add some of this stuff in, in time.
    :>
  • rking
    rking Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Suggestion :

Allow Venomacer to use claw/fist weapons.

Reasoning:
    It'll allow more fox build with lvl appropriate weapons. Majority of heavy armor battle fox build is gimp in damage due to the fact that they can't carry high lvl weapons. Furthermore there's no damage increase since it has the same physical attack as a magic weapon.

Fox Build would be like the following :
    2.5 str, 2 dex, 0.5 VIT.
  • Tabaluga - Sanctuary
    Tabaluga - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    do u really think, the programmers want to include our suggestions ?

well.. these are good things to make the game better.....

if u have a look on some Instanzes like FB29... a Building in middle of a room is nearly flying.

they didnt spend much time to make the game.

its like " here u have the game now play and shut up"....
  • Alathriell - Sanctuary
    Alathriell - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    EITHER
    Change the description of the Flight Mastery skill such it states that it only affects the starter-wings
    OR
    make it affect ALL wings
  • Frostbyte - Heavens Tear
    Frostbyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I saw on the wikipedia for the PW (malaysia) version, there's really good marriage benefits... but there are none here. =/ (It's been verified, as I emailed and asked..)

They told me to post here with suggestions for it for everyone to see.

if you check the wikipedia;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World#Marriage_System

It says: "Like many other MMORPGs, Perfect World has a complete marriage system. Both players will have an online notice, have a wife/husband title, have 2 special marriage-related skills, lover's clothes, and driving pets. Marriage requires an item from the Cash Shop which is worth around $30 in Perfect World item shop currency (Cubi-Gold)"

I'd like those 2 special marriage-related skills and the driving pets (aka, special ridable mounts given exclusively to those who get married). We spend enough on it, so those two things right there would be nice. Not to mention, maybe, a 5% exp & spirit bonus or something when the couple squads together (whether there are others in the squad or not).

Marriage benefits I'd like to see:
    *Exclusive mounts included with marriage
    *Marriage-related skills
    *Exp & Spirit bonus when couple is in the same squad
    *Cupboard unlocked and usable in the bank.

With those 4 things, I think more people would be open to getting married in-game. b:victory
  • sarek
    sarek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well here is my suggestion: how about a time schedule for when we can expect stuff like mounts and things to get from PW-MY to PWI? For example I REALLY want the untamed flying mount called "Two-Headed Wurm" (aka Dragon!!) and I know it is in PWI it just is not for sale yet. So when will it be?

Here is the Proof: :)

The Black circle is around me at the time the red circle is around the mount I want!!
    (The Picture was taken during the PWI trivia contest)

2008-10-1013-58-18moded.jpg

2008-10-1013-58-18.jpg

This picture was taken on PW-MY there the dragon is called "Almighty"

2008-11-1303-38-27.jpg

And finally this picture was also taken on PW-MY "Heaven Tone" is the PW-MY name for the PWI mount "Israfel" just to show that they are bringing stuff over from PW-MY and putting it in PWI

2008-11-1303-38-33.jpg

So to recap:

WHEN IS THE DRAGON COMING?!?!?!?

(And I will buy it as soon as I have the money for it so you know you will sell at least 1. :) lol)
    IGN: SomebodyCB
    Class: Slayer
    Level: 35
    Guild: None
    Server: Atlantis_1
  • ashfirestrawn
    ashfirestrawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    On the content for the world, maybe a new race and class combination.

For example:

Dark Elf
    FIghter Class: Rouge
    Caster Class: Necromancer

Or something along those lines.

I'd also like to see a Secondary Class set up. For example, Blademaster to Knight or Paladin. Venomancer to Druid or Shaman. Things like that.

I third the motion of the gender lock being removed on the Untamed. But thats just me.
  • Crilla - Sanctuary
    Crilla - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    On the content for the world, maybe a new race and class combination.

For example:

Dark Elf
    FIghter Class: Rouge
    Caster Class: Necromancer

Or something along those lines.

I'd also like to see a Secondary Class set up. For example, Blademaster to Knight or Paladin. Venomancer to Druid or Shaman. Things like that.

I third the motion of the gender lock being removed on the Untamed. But thats just me.

I second both of these ideas! One of the things I liked about D&D was cross-classing, they managed it pretty well with DDO and some other mmorpgs.

Also, I know more races will be a tough one for the sake of the cost of more animations and such, but giving access to more classes in the existing races would be nice (the Veno/Barb thing being open to both genders is a hot issue, I've noticed, and for good reason!)
  • floriscfg
    floriscfg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hello Im FlorisCFG and i have some ideas that will improve the game
    1.You shod make the run fast skill at human last atlist 50 seconds so that humans can have a usfoul unique thing.
    2.-You cod get some new skils like "Summen of Gods" at human wich will sumen a god that will hel in battle;
    -At Untamed you shod make them be able to transform in the animal they chose to look like and get a skill like "Call for alias" wich will sumen a creture that is like the animal the Untamed is and that creature will help him in battle;
    -At Winged Elfs well dono a a good anem but somting like "The Helping Angel" wich sumens an angel that will help in battle.
    (All this summening skils will be make the game much more intresting and you cod make summening creatures that cost gold and meny players will pay to get them)
    -And add a Sistem that will alow the summend creatures to atack all nearby monsters
    3.Some special skils:
    -Human Blademaster (AOE)will strike the wepon to the ground and summen 9 droagon heds that will atack all targets round the caster;
    -Human Mage (AOE) will make a ball in wich he will be in and then brake the ball ataking all monsters around him;
    -Winged Elf Archer (AOE) will make a summening circle he will be in the middle and near him bows and the bows will atack all enemys;
    -Winged Elf Cleric (AOE) will gater power than burst a purple circle arownd kil cosing damage to all enemys;
    -Untamed Barbarian (AOE) atacks the ground whit his wepon making an erthqake that will atack al sorounding enemys;
    -Untamed Venomancer (AOE) makes a dark red fog that will do damage at enemys and poison it
  • Ocane_II - Heavens Tear
    Ocane_II - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think there should aso be a Writers Forum, somthing were you can build storys related to yoru character and what not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.