Animal morphs

bruska
bruska Posts: 2 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Suggestion Box
I'd think that everyone will agree that just being able to transfrom into only a white tiger or a fox as a untame can get kind of boring. So how about we morph into lions, pandas, wolves, foxes, etc. depending on our character's beings. it'll make the game more interesting than it already is.
Post edited by bruska on

Comments

• itsybitsy
    itsybitsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    your right, it is kinda boring. it wold be cool ifyou could actually change into the animal you choose to look like as a character. that way the bunny, cat, fox, wolf, panda, lion, and tiger can be a little bit more unique.
  • Orienne - Heavens Tear
    Orienne - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I definitely agree with you--I was considering making a thread for this, but I was sure I'd find one if I looked a bit. ^.^

I realize that it would take all sorts of new graphical designs and whatnot, but I really think it'd be worth it in the end. Currently, the untamed race can only transform into one of two animals, depending on their gender--and we can all agree that not only is this boring, it's very discouraging for some players. For example, a friend of mine chose to be a barbarian rather than a venomancer specifically because she didn't want to transform into a fox.
    I think it'd also be worth considering, if specific animal forms were ever implemented, the customization of these forms, also. For example, the markings, eye colors, hair colors, aura (purple glowing-ness around paws) could correspond to your character colors.
    I really think that something like that has a lot of potential to add a whole new level of depth to the game (one of the major points of Perfect World seems to be it's character customization, so why not take it a step farther? ^___^)
  • Arpeggius - Lost City
    Arpeggius - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Well, IRL, I've never seen a panda human change into a tiger, so I guess you're right.

But then again, I've never seen a panda human change into anything, so I guess you're wrong.

But then AGAIN, I've never seen a panda human before... So I guess you're right.

It may not be realistic, but it sure would be cool. LOL

But would you want them to do the same with venomancers. Like the cat style changing into a cat or deer style veno changing into deer? Or like the dragon style to dragon? I don't know if that would be too needed.
  • Bengallie - Sanctuary
    Bengallie - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    morphing to your akin chosen would make the chariters more like skinwalkers/were people then they already are gm please take note
    In life you have two choices ...sit or move
  • daxie
    daxie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    where did you get the tiger icon from
  • Rowlin - Lost City
    Rowlin - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree and I know there is another thread out there on this I just don't remember which one. But if the developers can do so much custumizing for the elves and humans, why can we untamed get a little more than a handful of presets? Oh wow, I can change my eye color and the thickness of my body, whoop, whoop. If nothing else allow some different colors for the fur like being a biped white tiger instead of an orange one. Let lions choose a different mane color. Let Pandas choose from the different type of pandas that are out there. Or let us have a least a different Glowing color so it is easier for comrades to tell there barb companions apart more readily or let them change some color on the tiger. One point to consider is that there would have to be a solid difference between the quadraped forms and the actual enemy creatures or someone could end up in a fight not realizing what happened.
  • Leaderwolf - Lost City
    Leaderwolf - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I agree, wolf, lion and panda morphs
    I would love wolf morph
    Hope to see it in an "expansion pack" or "update" xD
    Helper of lower levels
    Player kills only other red or pink player killers
  • xkelsox
    xkelsox Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    even so since its a white tiger, why does it have to be white. shouldn't we get to choose how the tiger or fox looks like. I'm getting board of being a "white tiger".
  • Kimmiko - Sanctuary
    Kimmiko - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I really agree because in community wise probably more people would play as the untamed race. My race in the game is untamed, also I chose antlers, I think it would be really cool to turn into a deer. Also for the other players that are untamed deserve a better outlook of the race. Also I think its a mindset that you would turn into the animal that you picked for the barbarians and the vemonancers. So I thought that the creators wasn't thinking, or they had a good reason of not doing it. Thanks for reading!
  • xxraynaxx
    xxraynaxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm not planning on becoming an untamed, but my friend is, so I'm doing this for her.
    I'd like to see maybe some stuff that has like for example: panda ears, panda paws, panda tail, panda fur, so if we don't want to transform into an actual (Insert animal of your choice), you can kind of dress up like one.

And adding to that idea, the untamed should be able to use the "dress up transformation" options and vary how they dress up like for example: Have bunny ears, dragon skin, panda paws, lion's tail.

And adding EVEN MORE to those 2 ideas, you should be able to change the color , the design, things like if you want it up in flames or sparkling or ect, if you want a orange aura or a rainbow aura, and you can have different auras to each part.

All those would be pretty good, to any of you agree?
  • Camryah - Heavens Tear
    Camryah - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I like the idea of turning into what you are. I for one love foxes but you see so many veno foxes running around it is less exciting. But everyone chooses an animal for a reason - would it not seem exhilarating to bound like a deer, or lope like a wolf, across the countryside? It would be beautiful.
  • Flamingchill - Heavens Tear
    Flamingchill - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, IRL, I've never seen a panda human change into a tiger, so I guess you're right.

But then again, I've never seen a panda human change into anything, so I guess you're wrong.

But then AGAIN, I've never seen a panda human before... So I guess you're right.

It may not be realistic, but it sure would be cool. LOL

But would you want them to do the same with venomancers. Like the cat style changing into a cat or deer style veno changing into deer? Or like the dragon style to dragon? I don't know if that would be too needed.

Its not a deer -.- Its a chinese dragon....
    I curse you and my curse is that you be what you already are..!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mynameisjoe
    mynameisjoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i totally agree with this, if your a panda you should turn into a panda, how does a panda turn into a tiger?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I agree, wolf, lion and panda morphs
    I would love wolf morph
    Hope to see it in an "expansion pack" or "update" xD
    i agree, i wanna be a cat...
  • Malcuid - Sanctuary
    Malcuid - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It would be awesome if my wolveman could really transform into a wolf instead of the white tiger. Although I find the white tiger nice too.
    Doesn't the white tiger has an ancient chinise meaning too?
    Maybe it is the same for the fox.
    That might be the reason only those were chosen
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Its not a deer -.- Its a chinese dragon....

Its a deer dude...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Eileenpad - Heavens Tear
    Eileenpad - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It would be awesome if my wolveman could really transform into a wolf instead of the white tiger. Although I find the white tiger nice too.
    Doesn't the white tiger has an ancient chinise meaning too?
    Maybe it is the same for the fox.
    That might be the reason only those were chosen

The White Tiger Is Probably Because They Are Rare And Getting Kinda Extinct But I Dunno About The Fox But Yeah I Do Wanna Turn Into A Small Little CAT :D
    Venomancer From Heaven's Tear

Hey Mr. Wonderful!!! I Love GIR b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm Just A Cat Girl With Alot Of Sugar.^^
  • venosamy1022
    venosamy1022 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I dont get it i just want to know how you turn into a(n) animal and what level you have to be my friends say diff lvls but i think its 10 im gunna try though :( im confused!!!!
    reply and send to

Veno_Siva
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i dont really care...cuz ima tigerb:dirty.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Sibyl - Heavens Tear
    Sibyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait a minute... what would I turn into then? A bat? I'm not sure that would work too well =/ But then again maybe I could fly like a winged elf =P With my little bat wings and all.... *huh* Oh yeah, I kinda got lost in the moment. Anyway I support this 100%. b:victory
    Level 74 before genies showed up o.o
  • Shaye - Lost City
    Shaye - Lost City Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Wait a minute... what would I turn into then? A bat? I'm not sure that would work too well =/ But then again maybe I could fly like a winged elf =P With my little bat wings and all.... *huh* Oh yeah, I kinda got lost in the moment. Anyway I support this 100%. b:victory

Or could just float a little above the ground, so there's no advantage to bat venos versus foxes, cats, etc. It'd be so cute. <3
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Creating all the new transformations would take a lot of time, and I'm not even sure it could be done. There would have to be some sort of function that could detect which skin you were using, which could be extremely difficult, if not impossible, due to the vast amount of possible combinations from the character design. Even if all that could be done, we'd have to go over to China and get them to let us change the game in that way. Because of copyrights and all.
  • AlaskanShade - Heavens Tear
    AlaskanShade - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ok, so the first 3 times i turned into a tiger was fun...but it got VERY boring after the 5th...I do agree with all of you....but once you get high enough lvl we can turn into guess what? TURTLES!....jk...anyway...I do think that the white tiger should be in effect until like lvl 35...after that....I say give us the animal our chars are....like...the tiger can remain a white tiger...The panda can turn into a panda, the wolf into a fairly big wolf (so as to carry someone) and same logics apply to fems...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    yes, this is true Hitakitsune...but the tech we have these days is well..pretty advanced...Hmm...I wonder....couldnt they just give us a choice of the animals to choose when we're making our untamed chars? I mean...if you get bored you gotta make over yourself right? I think that's possible at least...to add a new window to the char customization
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear
    Hitakitsune - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yes, this is true Hitakitsune...but the tech we have these days is well..pretty advanced...Hmm...I wonder....couldnt they just give us a choice of the animals to choose when we're making our untamed chars? I mean...if you get bored you gotta make over yourself right? I think that's possible at least...to add a new window to the char customization

Yes, I'm sure it could. However, the optional animals would still have to be programmed into the game before that could happen. As it stands, only the fox and tiger forms are programmed and creating the new ones would still be a long road. It would also require modifying the transformation skill so that it could return the appropriate model when used.

To illustrate, I'll use some general Basic code since it's easy to understand. This is what the coding to call up the tiger form would look like now:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBTiger
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError
    END IF

That would be the basic IF statement to change forms. SUBTiger would be the subroutine to call up the tiger model, SUBNormal would be the subroutine to return to your normal character, and SUBError is the fail safe should a value other than 1 or 0 be called for the TrueForm$ variable (personally, I would use a GOTO operator to return to the beginning of the statement and start over). This IF statement would most likely be within a subroutine of it's own which would later return variable information from either SUBTiger or SUBNormal back into the main program.

Now, to modify it to do what we want, calling up another animal, it would need to be changed to this:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBAnimal
    >CALL SUBTransform
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError1
    END IF

SUBAnimal
    >IF Animal$ = "Wolf" THEN
    >>CALL SUBWolf
    >IF Animal$ = "Lion" THEN
    >>CALL SUBLion
    >IF Animal$ = "Panda" THEN
    >>CALL SUBPanda
    >IF Animal$ = "Tiger" THEN
    >>CALL SUBTiger
    >ELSE
    >>CALL SUBError2
    >END IF
    RETURN Animal$
    END SUB

In this example, I've shown the subroutine that compares the variable data. The Animal$ variable is returned, not to the main program, but to the point right before CALL SUBTransform. SUBTransform would then process Animal$ and determine which model to load and the model data would be sent to the main program from there.

This little section of code took me ten minutes tops to type out. This is only a simple way of showing the general idea and is in absolutely no way how the real coding is written. I surmise that the actual code is much, much more complicated.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Its a deer dude...

...it's not a deer
  • torsive
    torsive Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I think you can morph into an animal at lvl 9 after Spiritual Cultivation Veno_Siva. You have to learn it at your respective trainer.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. Even just allowing us to change the fur colour of the regular/transformed character would be great. I mean the closest match you can get is an orange tiger morphing into a white one??

Mainly I would like this because I think having werewolves would be awesome. I guess it probably would take away from the Eastern culture theme they have going though?
    edited February 2009
    Oi.....Hitakitsune....u know a lot. 0_o Im sure it would take a long time but that would be sweet wouldnt it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if you get bored of the tiger form after 5 times, wouldn't you get bored of other animal forms after a couple times too?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Thecelt - Lost City
    Thecelt - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    i agree. as a player for...about a week, i already find it boring to see only white tigers and foxes. atleast make the animal morphs customizable. if you can edit the bust size of your female char, why not the color of your morph??
This discussion has been closed.