Animal morphs

2»

Comments

• Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    bruska wrote: »
    I'd think that everyone will agree that just being able to transfrom into only a white tiger or a fox as a untame can get kind of boring. So how about we morph into lions, pandas, wolves, foxes, etc. depending on our character's beings. it'll make the game more interesting than it already is.

I 100% agree and it would make much more sense.
  • Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear
    Flauschkatze - Heavens Tear Posts: 998 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it would be cool if you could choose your pet form at the skill trainer, and once you've learned one of the forms the other are unavailable/disappear from the list.

wouldn't it be possible to use recolored/resized models of mobs?

awwww... I don't even have fox form; it looks cute but I don't use it. if you could learn cat form I'd learn it just for the looks^^
    ~~Inactive~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Torhn for coloring!
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    How about RATs? just turn into tiny rats and run around
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Loxin - Lost City
    Loxin - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Rats....
    makes being a ninja so much easyer.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Its a deer dude...

It isn't a deer....sorry

EDIT: sorry dbl post....eww
  • Darkmaggirl - Heavens Tear
    Darkmaggirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    It isn't a deer....sorry

EDIT: sorry dbl post....eww

Right. It's an antelope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm here to kick **** and play card games...and I'm all out of cards.
  • wolfgirlleia
    wolfgirlleia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am a 5 level,and I wanna know HOW I CAN MAKE WILD ANIMAL INTO MY PET?
    Pleeesssee answer !b:thanksb:sad
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I am a 5 level,and I wanna know HOW I CAN MAKE WILD ANIMAL INTO MY PET?
    Pleeesssee answer !b:thanksb:sad

Capture a barbarian and you can have a tiger as a pet.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Titheka - Lost City
    Titheka - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    animal morphs are great, it makes no sense for a panda man wolf man or lion man to turn into a tiger. and wats up with having bunny ears bat ears and cat ears if u turn into a FOX?
  • Rona - Dreamweaver
    Rona - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hey if i turn into a dragon, can i carry people?! that would be cool...
  • Rona - Dreamweaver
    Rona - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yes, I'm sure it could. However, the optional animals would still have to be programmed into the game before that could happen. As it stands, only the fox and tiger forms are programmed and creating the new ones would still be a long road. It would also require modifying the transformation skill so that it could return the appropriate model when used.

To illustrate, I'll use some general Basic code since it's easy to understand. This is what the coding to call up the tiger form would look like now:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBTiger
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError
    END IF

That would be the basic IF statement to change forms. SUBTiger would be the subroutine to call up the tiger model, SUBNormal would be the subroutine to return to your normal character, and SUBError is the fail safe should a value other than 1 or 0 be called for the TrueForm$ variable (personally, I would use a GOTO operator to return to the beginning of the statement and start over). This IF statement would most likely be within a subroutine of it's own which would later return variable information from either SUBTiger or SUBNormal back into the main program.

Now, to modify it to do what we want, calling up another animal, it would need to be changed to this:

IF TrueForm$ = "1" THEN
    >CALL SUBAnimal
    >CALL SUBTransform
    IF TrueForm$ = "0" THEN
    >CALL SUBNormal
    ELSE
    >CALL SUBError1
    END IF

SUBAnimal
    >IF Animal$ = "Wolf" THEN
    >>CALL SUBWolf
    >IF Animal$ = "Lion" THEN
    >>CALL SUBLion
    >IF Animal$ = "Panda" THEN
    >>CALL SUBPanda
    >IF Animal$ = "Tiger" THEN
    >>CALL SUBTiger
    >ELSE
    >>CALL SUBError2
    >END IF
    RETURN Animal$
    END SUB

In this example, I've shown the subroutine that compares the variable data. The Animal$ variable is returned, not to the main program, but to the point right before CALL SUBTransform. SUBTransform would then process Animal$ and determine which model to load and the model data would be sent to the main program from there.

This little section of code took me ten minutes tops to type out. This is only a simple way of showing the general idea and is in absolutely no way how the real coding is written. I surmise that the actual code is much, much more complicated.

But, aren't presets constantly being added? And new servers, armors, outfits, and boutique items? The Perfect World creators work on new graphics all the time, take the genie for example. A new form would be great... and cute. can you picture tiny antelopes, kittens, lions, wolves, tigers, foxes, dragons etc. running around, cute, huh? So, even if this might be a large scale update, many are. this change doesn't have to be immediate, but as a secondary project i'm sure perfect world could manage. Maybe, the animal could be chosen in a quest at level 30/40?
    Anyway, I'm sure this update isn't impossible. PWI creators shoud atleast try at this. b:victoryb:chuckle
  • Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear
    Iccyfoxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree, but this would be completely useless for us foxy venomancers, and I wanna be special, too. At least make the fur the color of the character's hair... Cuz a light blue fox would be soooooo cute!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to ForsakenX for the sig.
    Killing with flair.
    "Suck my Magmite!"-xXFoxxyXx
    edited June 2009
    BTW, there are dragon veno's now? O.o Scary...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Killing with flair.
    edited June 2009

Don't most of us do that by lvl 10?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Killing with flair.
  • _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver
    _NecroX_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2009

lulz h4x0rzzz

-.- n00b

But I like the idea xD
    ... And afterwards, I get a cookie!
  • Budika - Sanctuary
    Budika - Sanctuary Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well as I have in the past. I'm always supportive of the idea to individualize the different barb types. As to the Veno I think it's pretty specific (in legend) that they're foxes, it would be nice if the color of the fur were to be matched to the color of their hair though. Then again it'd be cool if they were their individual animal types as well.
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    My only opinion is that only Untamed can change to animals because it is more "natural" and because half of their skill tree is designed for transforming into animal. I agree with changing into different animals like cat, bat etc if you are untamed.
  • SinopaTokala - Sanctuary
    SinopaTokala - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree and I know there is another thread out there on this I just don't remember which one.

Here is one.
  • GuerillmoChi - Harshlands
    GuerillmoChi - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    VETOE!b:laugh
  • taeghon
    taeghon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I definitly agree with the presets. The elves and humans get way more than the others, and the tide born can at least change the features so it's more of your idea for the character. I love the idea/thought behind the Untamed, but was very disappointed with the lack of custamization. Having the base forms is great, but if you have a mind to alter to an animal you're more predisposed to, forget it.
    I have no real problems with the white tiger "true self", though I would like to alter the base character form. Smooth out the features, elongate others to make myself a white panther. Being able to carry that to the "true self" would be fantastic. From what little of I know of game programming, I understand that would be a programmers nightmare.
  • Rick Hunter - Sanctuary
    Rick Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I only have a venomancer, and she has fox's ears and tails, so this wouldn't affect her, also I love foxes, but still I support this idea, I think it would rock!!b:victory
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this is getting redicolous so many necroesb:angry
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    this is getting redicolous so many necroesb:angry

not necro, the GMs dont give a rest to the merge button.

most fun part is that in the barbarian subforum there is also an excessively merged topic about "barb change into other than tiger".
    why dont they merge this 2 topics?

someone needs more coffeeb:chuckle
  • Trancesend - Harshlands
    Trancesend - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    edited, old topic
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    must you necro??!?!?!b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    When you post in a thread that has been inactive for more than a month it is considered necromancy, and that is against the forum rules.

If you see an inactive subject that appeals to you, please create a new thread rather than "necroing" an old one b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.