Very funny Developers...

Zethanal - Heavens Tear
Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
Well this is really f'ing ridiculous... I mean we can carry Males and females but... we CANT carry Males and Males, we CANT carry Females and Females... HINT HINT DEVS! I DON'T GIVE A **** ON WHAT YOU BELIEVE AT ALL! I am against all people who oppose this right. Now your just takin away MORE rights when you acted like those idiotic Christians that oppose **** and lesbians get married... Its not that I say that ALL Christians are bad. I for one like Christians and Daoisim and happen to be Greek Orthodox, but I really hate the fact that we don't have freedom to be carying our Girlfriends or Boyfriends or Homosexuals...

Marriage is just even worse!!! I don't even wanna start on that!

I kinda think that its really terrible that I can't just carry a female to Heavens Tear or... Some palace in the sky or Ect... Malasian developers, if you don't believe in this... TOO BAD! That goes for people who oppose it. Your gonna have to accept it whether you like it or not!

If you sign this Petition, we will make sure that this is approved!
"Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
Post edited by Zethanal - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Hey, guess what?

NOTHING YOU DO WILL CHANGE THIS. This is such a non-issue to the Chinese developers it's not even funny. Either deal with this or find another game to play.
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *sigh* Learn to read before you post...
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *sigh* Learn to read before you post...

Pretty sure he did.

The coding is done from China. All the developers and people here can do is pass on that complaint to the Chinese developers. Given how ridiculously more conservative Chinese are to Americans I don't see them even bothering to bring it up. They may or may not oppose it personally, but it really wouldn't matter because they can't change it.

Well, short of them going rogue or something and reverse engineering the base code and putting themselves in violation of a lot of IP laws it's not going to happen.

EDIT: I would be in support as I think things should be fair, but having seen California (one of the most liberal states in the US) ban **** marriage I don't know how much traction you would get even if they developers were in this country...
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008

Aha. so amusing. This has been brought up many times by people like yourself, but no, you're not going to get anything done about it.

My personal opinion on the matter in not relevant to this post.
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    Blakiepoo - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I hate that kind of complacent stance when something is wrong. You could at least say "Yes it should be allowed, but unfortunately it's not likely going ot happen"

It's sad to see people respond to this thread with "give up".

No wonder individuals have such little power in the world today. Everyone's such a pushover.

It should be enabled because it is unfair and also just a pain in the butt.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Listen, you've got no control over this game.
    This game is not a democracy.
    Its a privilege that you could play this game.
    By no means are you given the "right" to play this game.

Meaning you have no "right" to forward any changes to this game, unless you have personally somehow been deprived of something you agreed to pay for. In other words, if you paid money to buy a cash item and didn't receive it THEN you may complain about it.

Its all about the money sir/madam/pal
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    This game is developed in China. Not in America. They are not going to change this.

You can say what you want, 'we will get it changed, it should be allowed' etc etc, but I'm telling you right now, it will not get changed.
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    she has the right to complain about anything she wants to.

it doesn't matter if you think anything will happen. If you don't like the thread, don't be a part of it.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    No, I never said she couldn't complain. If you read my post, I said: 'You can say what you want'.

Please read more carefully next time.
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Nice uhm....crappy rant, lol. <_<

Anyways, I too would appreciate if more games condoned same sex marriages and such in-game, even if you aren't ****, maybe your friends have characters of the same sex and you just wanna marry them or whatever.

But uhm, seriously, if you want something changed so bad, you should clearly find a more respectable demeanor in which to address it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Yes, this thread would be the worst possible way to go about it if the OP actually wanted to get something done.

Yes the OP can say what he'she wants, but no, this thread will not get the devs to change anything.
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    No, I never said she couldn't complain. If you read my post, I said: 'You can say what you want'.

Please read more carefully next time.

I wasn't referring to what you said. I was referring to this:

In other words, if you paid money to buy a cash item and didn't receive it THEN you may complain about it.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    Fair enough.
  • Fangxing - Heavens Tear
    Fangxing - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Does it really matter if two guys (or two girls) can't embrace or get married in a game? It shouldn't because the two would only do it for attention, so why should it be allowed? Most likely you are just one of those people who are doing it to "STAND OUT" from the crowd...god, it's like high school again...
    Christians and Daoisim and happen to be Greek Orthodox

And WHAT?! How in the world can you put those three together in the same sentence!? Just because it's a Chinese based game doesn't mean the makers are all Daoists! b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I know that PWE is ran by a bucket of monkeys on speed.
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    **** people are doing it for the attention?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I WANT A PETITION FOR ARCHERS TO HAVE MACHINE GUNS AND VENOS TO HAVE SHARKS WITH LASERBEAMS!

is that gonna work?

oh we follow the make believe world that is created here? thats right..move along now.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think it'd be nice to carry any player regardless of gender, but ONLY for purposes of gameplay enhancement.

I DON'T need to see two men kissing each other in a game, personally i think they should remove the "romantic" element from the game entirely, it's a GAME, not a friggen online dating service. I'll go even further to say that ANY public displays of affection ANYWHERE should be punishable by death!!!! I Mean GET A FRIGGEN ROOM!!!!!!b:angry

But yeah, carrying would be nice.b:laugh
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol i kinda dont wana see a male character be carried, but it should let us do it anyways. its only fair.
    some girls wana carry their guys too, or girls
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Fangxing, that's a really lame thing to say. =P Maybe somebody is playing this with their same sex gf or bf? lern2thinkrationallyplzplzplz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    tinkus wrote: »
    Hey, guess what?

NOTHING YOU DO WILL CHANGE THIS. This is such a non-issue to the Chinese developers it's not even funny. Either deal with this or find another game to play.

Guess what? This is racist. Games that allow **** marriage dont even exist, and wont exist in near future, on this planet.

And thx god they dont.b:bye
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    What you said was more offensive than your quote.

That will be included in games in the not so distant future. Some games include same-sex intercourse alongside opposite-sex intercourse. Actually, now that I think about it, Fable included same sex marriages. And amazingly, the world didn't end.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    We're talking about mmorpgs. kthx
  • Blakiepoo - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    nope. no mention of that in this thread until after you were proven wrong. kthx
  • Twilyte - Heavens Tear
    Twilyte - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Having played a couple of versions before this one, I can tell you this request is almost as old as the versions that left mainland China.

The game was/is designed by China, and the Chinese governent is truely not that interested in equal or fair. They simply control everything, and "same sex" anything is a big no no over there. Even if the game makers agreed with these threads, they may not even have permission to change this. Honestly, do read up on how China has death-grip on everything over there in their country. Even though the game has been released to other countries, keep in mind the developers are still in China, and the Chinese government will not all any company to release anything that they deem embarassing to China.

Heck, even the latest Olympics showed how far they will go on a global stage to keep up their "image". The cute little girl that was singing during the opening ceremonies was lip synching because they considered her cuter than the real singing girl. News agents from around the world were literally blocked from accessing certain Chinese based web sites during their stay.

Please, keep this in mind while trying to effect a change. Nothing at all wrong with wanting a change, but it might not even be within the developers' power. If a company goes against the will of a Communist government, they run the risk of the government taking over the company or worse.

Just remember, just because the game is over here, it is still governed by the politics of the country in which the game makers reside.

Peace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    nope. no mention of that in this thread until after you were proven wrong. kthx

You do whatever you want in a single player game. No one cares.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Having played a couple of versions before this one, I can tell you this request is almost as old as the versions that left mainland China.

Every single mmorpg has this similar request(**** marriage). But none has actually listened/changed it.

You might as well change the word "China" to "the world".
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well this is really f'ing ridiculous... I mean we can carry Males and females but... we CANT carry Males and Males, we CANT carry Females and Females... HINT HINT DEVS! I DON'T GIVE A **** ON WHAT YOU BELIEVE AT ALL! I am against all people who oppose this right. Now your just takin away MORE rights when you acted like those idiotic Christians that oppose **** and lesbians get married... Its not that I say that ALL Christians are bad. I for one like Christians and Daoisim and happen to be Greek Orthodox, but I really hate the fact that we don't have freedom to be carying our Girlfriends or Boyfriends or Homosexuals...

Marriage is just even worse!!! I don't even wanna start on that!

I kinda think that its really terrible that I can't just carry a female to Heavens Tear or... Some palace in the sky or Ect... Malasian developers, if you don't believe in this... TOO BAD! That goes for people who oppose it. Your gonna have to accept it whether you like it or not!

Here is the facts.

1.PW supports the correct morals of marriage...male+female=CORRECT...nuff said on that.
    2.Man holding a man..it just isnt right.The only time i want to hold a man is when im mad and choke him out.
    3.Female holding a female..nowb:pleased girls after different..that would look sexy and exotic,BUT would be unfair to the men and they will be pimp slapped.
    4.Christians..being bad?What side of the world you grew up on son.Im a christian and you desrespect my beliefs and that kinda pisses me off.I could go on ranting about all the other religious beliefs but i will not in respect to them..but you sir/mam should be banned for saying this anyways.Plus u have christians,baptis,catholics..the list goes on with the holy church that does not like **** marriage and that repsect the morals of marriage..sorry kid go back to RL .
    he is actually breaking the first rule in the rules.
    1. Transmit unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content.

b:angry
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008

The game was/is designed by China, and the Chinese governent is truely not that interested in equal or fair. They simply control everything, and "same sex" anything is a big no no over there. Even if the game makers agreed with these threads, they may not even have permission to change this. Honestly, do read up on how China has death-grip on everything over there in their country. Even though the game has been released to other countries, keep in mind the developers are still in China, and the Chinese government will not all any company to release anything that they deem embarassing to China.

Heck, even the latest Olympics showed how far they will go on a global stage to keep up their "image". The cute little girl that was singing during the opening ceremonies was lip synching because they considered her cuter than the real singing girl. News agents from around the world were literally blocked from accessing certain Chinese based web sites during their stay.

Please, keep this in mind while trying to effect a change. Nothing at all wrong with wanting a change, but it might not even be within the developers' power. If a company goes against the will of a Communist government, they run the risk of the government taking over the company or worse.

Just remember, just because the game is over here, it is still governed by the politics of the country in which the game makers reside.

Peace.
    Well spoken. I thoroughly second all of that.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The fact is, it would be nice from a gameplay standpoint to be able to carry any player regardless of gender...... it doesn't HAVE to be intimate.

Ways to work around a male carying another male while at the same time avoiding any homoerotic overtones?

1..... a flying elf male could simply grip the other male char by the arm and let him dangle there while he flys.

2.... the char could have a pre-injured animation before being carried.... in which case you are simply removing an injured comrade from the battlefield.

3.... same sex chars could be carried in the piggyback position rather than the "being carried over a threshhold" position..... it's a bit less intimate, but still unfortunatly leaves a little room for the mind to wander.

4.... males could carry other male chars over their heads as if they're about to powerslam them.... yes it would require super-human strength, so probably only feasable for barbs :(

Get the picture????? Carrying does NOT HAVE TO be an intimate thing..........and I think I'd prefer VERY MUCH if it wasn't!
  • kwyl
    kwyl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Could someone please tell me the big deal about carrying? It must give some fantastic advantage if not being able to is so bad.
This discussion has been closed.