Your opion on the best class

bencr
bencr Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Well im downloading the game right now ans i would like some help.....i guess

what do you think is the best class or race????

Will you give some reasons.... ive read all of the info on them but i would like real people opion.

So dont tell me just to go to a different site plz. thanks so much people
Post edited by bencr on

Comments

• aduv
    aduv Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You brainless **** mind to tell us what exactly mean by that question?

Best class for PvE?
    Best class for PvP?
    Best class for AoE/Zhen Pve? Solo PvE?
    Best class for group/solo PvP?

GG Bencr, troll of the week.
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    *Facepalms*

There is no 'best class'. There are only good classes for various reasons. Try reading some and deciding on your own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • Xanthir - Sanctuary
    Xanthir - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You want 'real people opion'? Who do you think wrote the guides? Non real people?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    GM best class face down.
  • neko19
    neko19 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I like the venomancer class the most.You honestly can cover all three types of fighters. Ranged, melee or both O.o (I made all three)
  • noobcake4lyfe
    noobcake4lyfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Godly Tanker BARB!!!!
    "Avarice, Envy, Lust, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, Gluttony"

"We 7 shall corrupt this Perfect World..."b:sin
  • MistressLuna - Heavens Tear
    MistressLuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Godly Tanker BARB!!!!
    sexy white tiger you :3 (I'm neko19)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Luna -still- Loves You All
  • Rosewhite - Sanctuary
    Rosewhite - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Wow, some of you really need to come off of your high horses. Really there isn't any reason to be rude....

Anyway, like Bombchu says its all up to your playing style there is not true "best" class. If you like taming pets and having them fight for you, then you'll like being a venomancer.

If you like support people in battle and healing, then maybe you should be a cleric.

If you like tanking and being a heavy hitter, then maybe you'd like to be a barbarian.

If you like kiting and PVP, then maybe you'll want to be an archer.

If you like casting spells and doing AOEs, then you'll like wizard.

If you simply like doing a lot of damage and variety of skill types, then you might want to be a Blademaster.

It's all up to what you want to do, or you could just do what I did and make one of each class to see which one you will like the best. Barbs and clerics are generally wanted and people will be asking for your help alot. Archers are really good at pvp and pk and are generally also asked for a lot in guilds. Blademaster too, for the most part. Wizards are nice in TW (Territory Wars) and FB (which are dungeons) although there aren't alot of high lvl wizards that I know of. Venos are soloists; which means they generally quest and fight alone but if you learn how to lure, people will like having you in their parties. Also venos can tame and make all class pets (which are rare pets that follow other classes around and don't attack) as well as catch rare veno only pets that will attack.

Again, its up to you and I hope this helps with your decision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm just a vagabond with flowers for Algernon...
  • Dtone - Sanctuary
    Dtone - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The best class is based on how varied you are as a player compared to the variety offered on the character type.

The easiest, in my opinion, would be Venomancer. The reason for this is, even if you mess up your skills and stats, at least the other half of you is still covered up by the pet. Therefore, Venomancer is the most absolutely forgiving class in the game once you get used to some of the ropes, which is half the reason why all Venomancers seem halfway reliable to very reliable.

The most difficult class, without a doubt, is a Light Armored Healing/Support Type Cleric. This is the absolutely most unforgiving class for any mistake. Any mistake can have a traumatic effect as to how efficient the Cleric is. Two stat point mistakes is all you can make before the best magic weapon or light armor no longer becomes available to you. Cleric has 6~8 different healing spells, if you decide to level them all instead of sticking to one, you'll have insufficient healing power in later levels and will sacrifice important buffs. That and Physical Def buffs take priority over every other buff until it is maxed, then magic attack buff, then magic defense buff in that exact order, which you won't be able to master even at mid levels. You're always stuck with the decision on whether or not an Ironheart Blessing would serve you better or Plume Shell, which would be more efficient in which situation (monster hits you many times or a single time). You have to flip between two different armor sets in order to achieve the best defense rating for physical and magical monsters, cutting your inventory space slots by 20%. It costs twice as more money to get the best of each armor and twice the amount to repair each armor. Later Physical Attack bosses are capable of one-shotting you if you don't have plume shell up. That and if you fall, the entire party wipes if you're the only Cleric.

On the bright side, you have the highest survivability rate compared to all classes. You can solo and destroy quite a few of the earlier bosses (Pre-Gouf) with help from charms. Because you can do this, you can do some things that other classes would deem impossible pre-50, such as soloing Qingzi (Done at level 47), Dismal Shade (Done level 40), Suzerix (Done at 46), Krixxix (proven doable at level 34), Farng (solo'd at level 30), and solo two of the three Cultivation 49 bosses. You have a lower damage output than Full Attack Clerics, but have double the chance of acquiring better stat armor than they will. Because you have a higher survival rating, parties are much less likely to wipe, making the task of accomplishing party quests much easier. Because of your excellent Physical Defense, provided you have charms, you're able to survive quite a few Physical AoE attacks, more likely survive bad links when healing the bad puller turns enemy attention to you, and easily keep an influx of HP flowing as you fight (1 ironheart blessing on self at or before every fight you know you will take damage and 1 more for each additional monster of the same level that links).

So, the best and most difficult class in terms of universal efficiency, hands down, is Light Armored Healing/Support Cleric, which is capable of turning just about anyone (even themselves) into a tank.

That and once any Cleric get level 10 Revive, most people won't need to carry Guardian Angels around them.

That and if you have a slow reaction, this type of cleric will mop you across the floor, eat you, spit you out, chew you out again, and watch the Superbowl before you can say "That's Bull!"
  • MistressLuna - Heavens Tear
    MistressLuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The best class is based on how varied you are as a player compared to the variety offered on the character type.

The easiest, in my opinion, would be Venomancer. The reason for this is, even if you mess up your skills and stats, at least the other half of you is still covered up by the pet. Therefore, Venomancer is the most absolutely forgiving class in the game once you get used to some of the ropes, which is half the reason why all Venomancers seem halfway reliable to very reliable.

The most difficult class, without a doubt, is a Light Armored Healing/Support Type Cleric. This is the absolutely most unforgiving class for any mistake. Any mistake can have a traumatic effect as to how efficient the Cleric is. Two stat point mistakes is all you can make before the best magic weapon or light armor no longer becomes available to you. Cleric has 6~8 different healing spells, if you decide to level them all instead of sticking to one, you'll have insufficient healing power in later levels and will sacrifice important buffs. That and Physical Def buffs take priority over every other buff until it is maxed, then magic attack buff, then magic defense buff in that exact order, which you won't be able to master even at mid levels. You're always stuck with the decision on whether or not an Ironheart Blessing would serve you better or Plume Shell, which would be more efficient in which situation (monster hits you many times or a single time). You have to flip between two different armor sets in order to achieve the best defense rating for physical and magical monsters, cutting your inventory space slots by 20%. It costs twice as more money to get the best of each armor and twice the amount to repair each armor. Later Physical Attack bosses are capable of one-shotting you if you don't have plume shell up. That and if you fall, the entire party wipes if you're the only Cleric.

On the bright side, you have the highest survivability rate compared to all classes. You can solo and destroy quite a few of the earlier bosses (Pre-Gouf) with help from charms. Because you can do this, you can do some things that other classes would deem impossible pre-50, such as soloing Qingzi (Done at level 47), Dismal Shade (Done level 40), Suzerix (Done at 46), Krixxix (proven doable at level 34), Farng (solo'd at level 30), and solo two of the three Cultivation 49 bosses. You have a lower damage output than Full Attack Clerics, but have double the chance of acquiring better stat armor than they will. Because you have a higher survival rating, parties are much less likely to wipe, making the task of accomplishing party quests much easier. Because of your excellent Physical Defense, provided you have charms, you're able to survive quite a few Physical AoE attacks, more likely survive bad links when healing the bad puller turns enemy attention to you, and easily keep an influx of HP flowing as you fight (1 ironheart blessing on self at or before every fight you know you will take damage and 1 more for each additional monster of the same level that links).

So, the best and most difficult class in terms of universal efficiency, hands down, is Light Armored Healing/Support Cleric, which is capable of turning just about anyone (even themselves) into a tank.

That and once any Cleric get level 10 Revive, most people won't need to carry Guardian Angels around them.

That and if you have a slow reaction, this type of cleric will mop you across the floor, eat you, spit you out, chew you out again, and watch the Superbowl before you can say "That's Bull!"
    This guy need to be a gaming critic O.o;;

Though, i do agree with most of his points...I have the worst time trying to level my cleric x.x;
    With casters I absolutely hate arcane armor >.<! so i use light. That way, I can either sit back and cast or tank with my pet(which is more fun in my opinion). I may change my cleric to light armor >.>

I'd have to say my first favorite, again, is a light armor veno with all of the skills for werefox and caster.
    My second favorite is indeed cleric because i always like to be the support class of mmorpgs :3 It's something that I found that I'm really good at x.x;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Luna -still- Loves You All
  • saeedbasha
    saeedbasha Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i think the class of assassin is the best nw !!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I spy a necro'd thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    its a simple question ppl, like everyone agrees that ja*de d*nasty's best class is the archer/veno. and on pwi i would have to say veno because they can solo bosses and make alot of money. only downside is that its gender locked.
  • XxAlexiusxX - Harshlands
    XxAlexiusxX - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Venomancers ftw!!b:cute
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lymphocyte wrote: »
    its a simple question ppl, like everyone agrees that ja*de d*nasty's best class is the archer/veno. and on pwi i would have to say veno because they can solo bosses and make alot of money. only downside is that its gender locked.

Actually, at higher levels other classes can grind faster (so level and get drops faster) than venos. The fact that venos have very little expenses compared to, say, a BM (who can AoE grind like gophers on crack) means that they can earn a larger profit in the same amount of time as long as they don't do anything stupid.

Soloing bosses and selling drops is extremely time consuming and, in the cases where the drops may be worth the time, requires a herc (a rather large investment) to even attempt. Even then, drops are not guaranteed so a veno could enter a TT for an hour and come out with little to show for it.

At any rate, this thread is over a year old.

Necro
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Kamikaze Ninja-build Red Mage w/ Familiar: All weapons mastered w/ tanking stats.
  • studly2
    studly2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hey ok i am also downloading the game right now and ive done soooooo much research and go with archer :P
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    studly2 wrote: »
    hey ok i am also downloading the game right now and ive done soooooo much research and go with archer :P

Good choice.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have the worst time trying to level my cleric x.x;
    With casters I absolutely hate arcane armor >.<! so i use light.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu D:
    I wouldnt even consider LA for a cleric!!!

30-50 it may bother a bit, but from then on, with the amount of dmg you do, melle mobs wont even touch you and magic mobs deal like no damage. Ranged mobs, however might be annoying sometimes, but man... LA cleric no plz b:surrender

Wizzies...thats another story...their early squishiness rly is annoying... but i suggest changing to Arcane in your 60s

And Venos...
    AA for Soloing dungeons
    HA for PVP
    LA for the best of both worlds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • rustinfu23
    rustinfu23 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    some of you guys have nothing to do but belittle people because you have nothing else to do in your life but be a dic* have fun in your parents basements using there credit cards for your zen.....
  • Mariagra - Dreamweaver
    Mariagra - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've been playing as a Psychic for a while now and I love it.... But my first character was a Veno. b:laugh
    Tears are forever in the eyes of the hated...
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There's no best class. There is a best class... FOR YOU! Try them all out and stick with the one you feel suits you best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sekhmett - Harshlands
    Sekhmett - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I wonder with so much praise for the Veno, if it may be the Huntard of PWI. The class that the brain dead gravitate too, because they have been told that it is "Uber" cool ! .

I would rather play a class where there is a little bit of struggle, but will pay you dividends later on. That is just me personally.

Would be nice to see a survey of class by population to confirm who plays what.
  • Bladeholy - Dreamweaver
    Bladeholy - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there is no best class all of them ar good u just need to know how to play with them
  • Bladeholy - Dreamweaver
    Bladeholy - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    there is no best class all of them ar good u just need to know hoe to play with them
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    RAWR! I'm a tiger

indeed you are

...and i'm a fish
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    RAWR! I'm a tiger
    im a little orange fox!
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most of what I've read in this thread was posted by people seriously mistaken. There is in fact a best class. The best class is cleric. The end.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most of what I've read in this thread was posted by people seriously mistaken. There is in fact a best class. The best class is cleric. The end.

I am sorry but you would be totally incorrect there. The BEST class is the GM class. They PWN all.

~S
This discussion has been closed.