Your opion on the best class

Comments

• IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i vote for sin if you wanna do everything solo/be a loner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    This is the FIFTH NECRO of this thread. This has to set a record.
    6th. And barb tank.

Necro number Seven!

Way to go :D
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, obviously the best class is the necromancer b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Necromancer for the WIN!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    # 1 Your opion on the best class
    11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
    damn this is prolly when i started i wonder if i seen the guy lolol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    i vote for sin if you wanna do everything solo/be a loner.

Do you play an Assassin?

I have a 4.0 Lv.101 sage Assassin with over 6k HP native. Soon after I decided to to take the Assassin past 70; I also made a Cleric. I still don't like using it w/o cleric buffs. My veno on the other hand has always been almost indifferent on buffs. There are certain bosses my Assassin needs buffs and crab meat for that my veno can handle no problem. My veno also tends to grind most mobs better. The sin is far from worthless as it provides me with variety, but to get to the point where you can be a loner on an Assassin is very far off for most. 4 base aps with effective def/hp/atk is extremely expensive. Just look at all the venos in the veno forum whining about cost of Herc which is much cheaper.

I can't believe I've actually made an argument for LA veno: to be able to share equips with your future Assassin.

Assassin isn't a good class to start with. Archers got lucky when this class came out. It is an awesome class no doubt, but only after a huge investment into it (less investment for archers).

If you wanna be a scab, go with veno or cleric. I'm not very tolerant of this, but there are decent Nirvana squads that will take these poorly equipped under skilled toons on runs. If people continue to tolerate them: these are probably the toons to farm your Assassin's needs. You almost can't go wrong with a Veno or Cleric even if Nirvana didn't exist.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, obviously the best class is the necromancer b:mischievous
    Panda mod powers not working so well...

...the necromancy is strong with this thread!! b:avoid
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Yinou - Heavens Tear
    Yinou - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    neko19 wrote: »
    I like the venomancer class the most.You honestly can cover all three types of fighters. Ranged, melee or both O.o (I made all three)

Agree'd with this guy.

I don't even know what you're really looking for in a class OP, because as far as I'm concerned, the classes are pretty well balanced, plus or minus some raging ranting opinions on particular skills and other minors. So I'll just give my opinion on my play style, which is versatility.

I'd say Venomancer is the best in that regard, as the most dynamic class. The reason being due to the shape shifting. In human form you're a long ranged caster/ debuffer and in fox form you're a up close melee whacker (with a new set of melee based skills) all the while having a pet along side you who can tank the damage for you. Depending on your build, in fox form you can potentially achieve higher physical defense than a blademaster (generally speaking has the highest Pdef in the game, don't know if Seekers have changed that) your level with similar gear.

Depending on the situation with that particular build [heavy armour] you can become a back up tank yourself, not just your pet in squad situations. However it's a very costly route, so be prepared. I've not really played a Mystic and know little about them since quitting pre-Genesis expansion but I'm still placing them behind Venomancers in terms of versatility since they don't shape shift and become melee.

Clerics and archers also have some magic/ physical damage type skills respectively however they still largely remain either a caster or long rage melee. I'd still say Venomancers tend to make one of the better soloing classes, due to pets taking the incoming damage. I'm guessing Mystics would also be equal in that regard, thus their grinding costs tend to be a little more manageable, if played with their stereotypical arcane builds.

Although I never played one, I do have a large jealously for Blademasters. I know a lot of people will probably flame me for it since everyone for some weird reason considers them useless, but they're probably the most well rounded and balanced class in terms of defense / survivability and damage output. Also the large weapon specialization variety to choose from is great to suit many individual tastes.

I guess this was more from a PvE perspective.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    no visa, seeker, mystic, veno

visa mucho, sin, BM, Psy

mucho mucho ego and visa wiz

not mucho of any thing but u like challenge try a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niv - Lost City
    Niv - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Best class~

BoobiezFondler b:dirty
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Niv - Lost City
    Niv - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Gimme teh tiny boobies
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    best easy to play pve classes:
    veno -> mystic -> psy

best pvp classes:
    5aps bm/sin

best easy to build classes:
    archer (max dex), sin (max dex), seeker (max str), cleric (max mag), mystic (max mag)

best making coin classes:
    5aps bm/sin, veno with herc

best most searched party classes:
    barb, cleric, 5aps bm, 5aps sin

best rare classes:
    wiz, barb

best dph:
    wiz

best dps:
    (physical) 5aps bm/sin/archer
    (magical) psy, veno

best tank:
    barb

best healer:
    cleric

best support class:
    mystic

So usefull classes in pwi:
    barb, 5aps bm/sin/archer, veno with herc, cleric

Middle usefull classes in pwi:
    mystic, psy, normal veno

Useless classes:
    wiz, seeker, non 5aps bm/sin/archer
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • ShadowIH - Dreamweaver
    ShadowIH - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2011

Cleric has 6~8 different healing spells, if you decide to level them all instead of sticking to one, you'll have insufficient healing power in later levels and will sacrifice important buffs. That and Physical Def buffs take priority over every other buff until it is maxed, then magic attack buff, then magic defense buff in that exact order, which you won't be able to master even at mid levels. You're always stuck with the decision on whether or not an Ironheart Blessing would serve you better or Plume Shell, which would be more efficient in which situation (monster hits you many times or a single time). You have to flip between two different armor sets in order to achieve the best defense rating for physical and magical monsters, cutting your inventory space slots by 20%. It costs twice as more money to get the best of each armor and twice the amount to repair each armor. Later Physical Attack bosses are capable of one-shotting you if you don't have plume shell up. That and if you fall, the entire party wipes if you're the only Cleric.

On the bright side, you have the highest survivability rate compared to all classes. You can solo and destroy quite a few of the earlier bosses (Pre-Gouf) with help from charms. Because you can do this, you can do some things that other classes would deem impossible pre-50, such as soloing Qingzi (Done at level 47), Dismal Shade (Done level 40), Suzerix (Done at 46), Krixxix (proven doable at level 34), Farng (solo'd at level 30), and solo two of the three Cultivation 49 bosses. You have a lower damage output than Full Attack Clerics, but have double the chance of acquiring better stat armor than they will. Because you have a higher survival rating, parties are much less likely to wipe, making the task of accomplishing party quests much easier. Because of your excellent Physical Defense, provided you have charms, you're able to survive quite a few Physical AoE attacks, more likely survive bad links when healing the bad puller turns enemy attention to you, and easily keep an influx of HP flowing as you fight (1 ironheart blessing on self at or before every fight you know you will take damage and 1 more for each additional monster of the same level that links).

So, the best and most difficult class in terms of universal efficiency, hands down, is Light Armored Healing/Support Cleric, which is capable of turning just about anyone (even themselves) into a tank.

That and once any Cleric get level 10 Revive, most people won't need to carry Guardian Angels around them.

That and if you have a slow reaction, this type of cleric will mop you across the floor, eat you, spit you out, chew you out again, and watch the Superbowl before you can say "That's Bull!"

Light Cleric ?

What is for ?

Cleric can heal. Best healing can be from pure Arcan Cleric only.

No need in Light Armor for tanking of magic mobs or bosses (Arcan armor is better). For tanking of Gouf and same bosses can be used other classes with Cleric's healing.

At 55 level Cleric can level up to 10th level first 3 healing skills, magic def and phys def to group buff level (10), other 2 buffs to 8-9 level.

This is about real Cleric.

Edit: Not saw, that this thread so old. First posts are from 2008 year even.
  • christycakes99
    christycakes99 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    aduv wrote: »
    You brainless **** mind to tell us what exactly mean by that question?

Best class for PvE?
    Best class for PvP?
    Best class for AoE/Zhen Pve? Solo PvE?
    Best class for group/solo PvP?

GG Bencr, troll of the week.

She/he said an OPINION. So no need to be all ruse like that.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    She/he said an OPINION. So no need to be all ruse like that.

You do realize, of course, that the post you quoted was typed on November 15th, 2008 right? Chances are that person doesn't even play anymore. Way to go! b:victory

Also, it's really a pity you didn't wait a few more days so this thread would have eight necroes... b:surrender
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2011

So usefull classes in pwi:
    barb, 5aps bm/sin/archer, veno with herc , cleric

Really?! No one ever invites me in parties b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You're downloading the game?
    You better stop while you're ahead. This game is on life support and making no recovery. Save yourself some time, and harddrive space, and stop the download.

To answer your question, the best class is the one with the biggest credit card.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    You're downloading the game?
    You better stop while you're ahead. This game is on life support and making no recovery. Save yourself some time, and harddrive space, and stop the download.

To answer your question, the best class is the one with the biggest credit card.

And you should stop grinding orchid petalis and realize this thread was made in 2008 D:.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    And you should stop grinding orchid petalis and realize this thread was made in 2008 D:.

Attempting to give a damn...
    Error: Damn not given
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2011

The fact that you responded says otherwiseb:bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011

Neither does the person to whom your addressed your earlier post either, given that the question was asked almost three years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    There's no best class. There is a best class... FOR YOU! Try them all out and stick with the one you feel suits you best.

Correction

There's no best class. There is a best class... FOR YOU And your VISA! Try them all out and stick with the one you feel suits you best.

End of game consideration if you have the money, even the cleric class that was considered the worst pvp class ever got the status of Overpowered class whit R9 Gear.

But for some reason the new class seem to be easyer to play a bit.

And all the BS people say about don'T go LA on arcane class or etc is just BS.

Only 2 reason not to be a LA cleric is 1 - save money later because 2 there is no end of game Channel LA gear OR not enough and compared to R9 gear it's stupid !

I play all the class and I can't decide witch is better. they all have there field. But I'm a cleric soul I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RobaBistroum - Archosaur
    RobaBistroum - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The fact that you responded says otherwiseb:bye.

LOL!

AND WHO SAYS SEEKERS ARE WORTHLESS FOR PARTYS?!
    Are you kidding me? All I see these days is: NEED SEEKER for jail fc/fc/everything/ZHEN/bla bla...

Also:
    Best mag class: Psychic
    Worst mag class: Wizard
    Best melee class:Assassin
    There is not worst melee class...

I hope I necroed again, this has been done SO many times on this thread b:surrender
  • ladytinks
    ladytinks Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Clerics, venos then sin
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wizard ';..;'
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • _//Slunce\_ - Raging Tide
    _//Slunce\_ - Raging Tide Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    pls close this... is full of necrosb:bye
  • Caled - Dreamweaver
    Caled - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    furballdivinetigerofpower b:dirty after sins b:surrender
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    +1topostcount and archer ftw...tahts assuming u know how to fully play and didnt just hyper up and purely auto attack >.> sadly thats all i see from archers in pk now adays /sadface
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver
    TanisHawkeye - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    pls close this... is full of necrosb:bye

We will make this thread a legend by the number of times it gets necroed, dun close it b:sad
This discussion has been closed.