Second Classes would be cool

Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear Posts: 519 Arc User
edited June 2009 in Suggestion Box
It would be cool if PWI could be like guild wars and get a second class. So we could be a barbarian and a venomancer at the same time, or a blademaster and a wizard, or a cleric and an archer, or whatever combo. I could go on and on, but I'm too lazy to write more than 1 paragraph. LOLb:laugh
Post edited by Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    I think it would be cool!
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I think thats stupid

just my honest opinion though
  • mrkrom
    mrkrom Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    cross-classing is a good idea for some games, but not pw. There's just not enough classes really to support it on a large scale everyone would enjoy, and the fact that getting your own class skills costs so much spirit/coin as it is, having a second class would just cost too much to support.
  • hargeva
    hargeva Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Dual Classes suck to be honest.

I never liked games that had such a thing. Because then it puts to much complications into things when it coms to distributing points etc.

Its best to just be what you are, and strengthen yourself from there, rather then dual classing it. I think its a big failure in any game to be honest.

I'd rather just empower my character thru experience, and not get weakened by a secondary class that won't make me any stronger etc!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've Been Broken For A Long Time, And I'm Searching For The Light Again!

Myspace = /darkwizard1982
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    The game the OP mentioned have unlimited stat redistribution. You can also change your secondary class with a click of a button and also use templates to load different stat/skill combinations. There's practically nothing in the game you cannot re-do/undo with a single click.

PWI however is a traditional MMO with strict "builds." Secondary classes won't work here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Dreadmaul - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2008
    How bout hero classes, like in WoW. I think that's awesome, or just male venomancers
  • dubstack
    dubstack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I saw this thread and I thought "This is going to be good". I'm all for this idea. It would be badass.
  • callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    My opinion? This is just plain stupid.

1) As someone previously said, funding a dual class would be ridiculously expensive.
    2) If dual classing WAS implemented, we would have a major rise in venomancer numbers, which are already large now, because they are so popular.
    3) A barbarian/cleric class -> fail, imagine a lion with butterfly wings, thats my point, dual classing will allow extremely foolish combinations.

Blah, there, my take on this.
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • Suzuno - Heavens Tear
    Suzuno - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I don't like the idea at all.
    Why?
    the population of Venomancers would rise to 99.9% since everyone would choose venomancer as the first class, then build it up and cross class it to what they originally want, turning it into a super veno.

I'm already buillding a cross class venomancer of sorts, though how well it'll work....hah, yeah......(venofighter of sorts, a tanker sort of)
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Go play GW or WoW then.

Stop making useless threads asking for a whole new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dubstack
    dubstack Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Maybe only specific cross classes, and only let them get certain crossed skills. There's ways around this kind of thing. We need some brainstormers here. I have the details to make it fair in my head but can't put it in words.. Lol..

By the way, how do you get those forum images that shows your class and level?
  • juxta
    juxta Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The GW approach:
    As someone mentioned its as easy as a point and click to totally remake your character (well, their secondary anyway). This system really only works in GW

The L2 approach:
    Once you have mastered one area (say tanking) you can work on mastering another (say DD mage), but only have the skills of one area available at a time. That means you cannot be a fortified battle mage, but you can switch from one to another at a skill master.

Personally, I think PW would be better off extending their roles rather than combining them. A blademaster covers every human melee build, that doesnt seem right. It should branch off into sub-sections that focus on some specific purpose (Tank, DD, that jerk that evades your attacks, etc).
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Barbarian Clerics ftw.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • inkman
    inkman Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    It would be cool if PWI could be like guild wars and get a second class. So we could be a barbarian and a venomancer at the same time, or a blademaster and a wizard, or a cleric and an archer, or whatever combo. I could go on and on, but I'm too lazy to write more than 1 paragraph. LOLb:laugh
    if they do a second class lots of players will quit that is the must stupid idea i have seen if u like guild wars sooooo much go play guild wars....
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    callam wrote: »
    My opinion? This is just plain stupid.

1) As someone previously said, funding a dual class would be ridiculously expensive.
    2) If dual classing WAS implemented, we would have a major rise in venomancer numbers, which are already large now, because they are so popular.
    3) A barbarian/cleric class -> fail, imagine a lion with butterfly wings, thats my point, dual classing will allow extremely foolish combinations.

Blah, there, my take on this.

My opinion... There's no need to use the "stupid" word. Just say you do not agree.

Besides, the reason why RGP's where invented is that you may play a character that represents yourself (or your wish-you'd-be subconcious self). That's the real deal since they where played with pen and paper years before being implemented on computers. From that point of view multi-classing can only be "natural" to any RPG.

So, aside from coolness or not, it would make being able to distribute your stat points have some sense. Currently even if a second class is discarded, characters growth/desing is constrained by the lack of existing equipment adequate for a high-dex barbarian for example, and without those intermediate paths it makes little sense to be able to customize your character.

JFM

P.S.: The lion head and the wings are racial features, you would never see them mixed because of multi-classing.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    juanpancho wrote: »
    My opinion... There's no need to use the "stupid" word.

You're right.

**** works better.

Won't happen.

Stop begging for a new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    juanpancho wrote: »
    My opinion... There's no need to use the "stupid" word. Just say you do not agree.

Besides, the reason why RGP's where invented is that you may play a character that represents yourself (or your wish-you'd-be subconcious self). That's the real deal since they where played with pen and paper years before being implemented on computers. From that point of view multi-classing can only be "natural" to any RPG.

So, aside from coolness or not, it would make being able to distribute your stat points have some sense. Currently even if a second class is discarded, characters growth/desing is constrained by the lack of existing equipment adequate for a high-dex barbarian for example, and without those intermediate paths it makes little sense to be able to customize your character.

JFM

P.S.: The lion head and the wings are racial features, you would never see them mixed because of multi-classing.

This isn't a RPG game, its an MMORPG, which is different.

And stupid is the best way to describe this idea.
  • Aclucius - Lost City
    Aclucius - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, a Barbarian who could heal and buff himself, what would he need anyone else for? He could solo anything. The idea behind the classes is to give them all strengths and weaknesses so that they have to work together. A group of barbarians will not likely survive against Khewy Rattus Lord, so they have to go to the cleric to help heal them. This game is meant for being solo at low levels, and then party at high. With this idea, no one would need anyone else.
  • tsubasa88
    tsubasa88 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I think it's not a good idea too, but how would that be, for example:

Blademaster might later choose between
    Paladin (Magic Swords)
    Knight (Swords)
    Crusher (Hammer or Axe)(I didn't know a better name)
    Assassin (Fistwaepons)
  • Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear
    Aurumfaramon - Heavens Tear Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    @ above poster you mean a fox build?

Anyways I figure cross classing wouldnt work but what about a second tier, you can like in ragnarok online you level up and then go onto a different class a more evolved version, I could imagine this a future expansion i.e. get to level 60+ (as in any time after 60) and either carry on as a blade master allwoing you to do blade master skills or go one of two routes, i.e. Palidan (some what BM / Cleric with higher skills versus undead / demon so on) or Weapon master (higher skills with weapons) ... those ar emerely examples of what I think could happen.

Either way I feel it could work out good but thats my 3 cents.

:Edit: I didnt see the second page but the last post on it has what I was thiking down pretty well, also stop saying its a stupid idea because your so damned closed minded, let people damn well tlak about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dele - Lost City
    Dele - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    bad Idea throws off the balance of the whole game...
  • Yukkfoo - Sanctuary
    Yukkfoo - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    taht secondary class idea worked in guild wars and WoW.
    Here it would un balance the game in a severe way. the wya the skills are made,
    i mean really could you imagind a venomance wtih cleric buffs on him to boot?

And what about the point spread? in this game the atributes are permenently fixed. so you cant just change builds when you enter a town.

Imagine how over powered a cleric would be if he could stunn people with plume shot through thier archer secondary? No, that idea would not work here at all it would require a comeplete overhaul on all the skills and the entire game mechanincs. You may as well write up a whole new game to implement this in any balanced way.

I for one get very techinical and fussy about how i stack my skills and am quite observant on the suttle game mechanincs and skill synergy. Iget quite intricate when i test stuff out in making a good skill bar. i can garantee im not the only one out there like this and it would be only days before there would be several over powered builds out there that would ruin the game, and devistate pvp.
  • juanpancho
    edited November 2008
    Though I didn't start this thread, I wish to thanks those of you who posted a clever argument and not just some rant about it.

Specially, I totally agree with Yukkfoo saying "You may as well write up a whole new game to implement this in any balanced way"; my point was just not to insult the guys who said in the begining multi-classing would be cool.

The only thing I wish, and think could be easily added, is a decent bow for balanced str&dex characters. For "reality" and balancing purposes it could deal the lower level (of the weapon) min damage, the corresponding level high damage, have more of range and a slower shooting rate.

I hope the game designers like the idea and come through with it.
    JFM
  • juanpancho
    edited November 2008
    I forgot... PvP is devastated by default in any MMO. Multi-classing would never be able to overcome a 10+ level difference. Besides stats, it even includes earned coins and equipment.

JFM
  • bronza
    bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    With that being said in the PWI system multiclassing is an epic fail cause it CAN'T work
    why?
    look at every build guild you use most of your points toward on main stat some others towards secondary and maybe one toward hp/vit.

~Bm's mainly focus is strength, then dex for accuracy and crit
    ~Barbs Str and Health to tank or Str Dex for damage
    ~Mages Magic and just enough strength for their weapons if they want their spells to do the most damage. maybe dex to wear light armor but then their spells suffer a little.
    ~Archers DEX and then strength

see how it matches up to multi class say a BM with a mage is stupid you might cast like one or two spells and then what your outta mana cause you dont have the mana pool to draw from. unless you take points from your BM skills then your a half nerfed BM and Mage,cause your stats are all over the place, two great characters combined into twice the suck.

I think this http://www.motivatedphotos.com/?id=104&d=1 says it best. Multiclassing doesn't work period cause you cant be highly effecient at anything other then being mediocre.

also who ever said RPG is made to play how you see yourself or whatever is wrong RPG may have been invented that way but it aint how they work. Cause I would like to play God and can't iprobably cause most systems for RPG require you to take advantages and disadvantages in some sense either individually or based on the class/race you pick. Some don't and you can place your stat points freely, but try to play like Neverwinter Nights play say a Ranger and just gives yourself tons of Int. good job you can cast wizard spells if you find the scrolls, but all the good spells aren't on scrolls oh and now you cant do any of your class skills cause you dont have the stat requirements.

Have fun casting color spray n00b.
  • Altihnkai - Sanctuary
    Altihnkai - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lineage has it too.. but then even with 3 subclasses.. think you need to keep PWI original as poss nd stay wif this :)
  • Pinkpeach - Lost City
    Pinkpeach - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2008

You're too lazy to fully explain your suggestion, and likewise I'm too lazy to point out how ridiculous your idea is for a game like PW.

Go play Guild Wars.
  • arinhord
    arinhord Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    that would rock, i'd love for my blademaster to have wings, that would be badass
    Hahahahaha
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Even though some of the posters that posted could have been nicer with their comments, Dual Classes would call for the game to be totally re-done.

If you want a game with Dual Classes, go play Guild Wars or Runes of Magic when it comes out.
  • Drathir - Sanctuary
    Drathir - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There isn't enough classes in the game to support dual classing. Especially since they're all race specific. I mean, if you kept the whole 'race only' idea, it would mean EVERY Elf was an Archer-Cleric, or Cleric-Archer. EVERY Human was Blademaster-Wizard. EVERY Untamed would be a Barbarian-Venomancer (Not to mention the gender specifics of the Untamed anyway). It would require the game's classes to be completely revamped. And even then there's only 6, which isn't enough for dual classing.

Dual classing CAN work well, but not in Perfect World.