Type in Green~

Options
Blessing - Heavens Tear
Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
edited September 2009 in Chronicles
I couldn't tell anybody ingame how to do it because you wouldn't be able to see the special character that is required.

Anyways, Copy/Paste this to display a message in green:

<2><Text Here><1:0>

Replace "Text Here" with your msg.
Replace the 2 with a 1 to type in blue.

The special box character is a special asian font called MingLiU_HKSCS. So far, I've been unable to duplicate it using ALT. If anybody knows how, PM me :). This is just proving to you guys that no hacks or 3rd party programs were used to manipulate text color. Have fun.
Post edited by Blessing - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    Jeiiy - Heavens Tear Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well, i've took to the trouble of showing the word, but i don't knowwhat word it is and what code is used to produce it... So...

If anyone knows what this word and what's the ALT command, please post it here? :x

1-1.png
    2-1.png
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    鶐 It's a chinese character. but it's archiac that no one ever uses it nowadays. I spent a good 30mins just to look it up on the internet =/ "to kill time lol"
    prounced 'shu', and means "River kingfishers" - a kind of birds...
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Lol, okay... so... WOAH
  • Jeiiy - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    GMs call me exploiting **** when i use this?!!

Wtf and banned me from chatting for 30minutes.. :\
  • shinta1
    shinta1 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    LOL.... yup it's coming... GM will ban you for rolling while jumping in the air soon.

Time to move on... to a better perfect world.
  • Apeirohedron - Heavens Tear
    Apeirohedron - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

I simply posted that my guild was recruiting, and I get banned for 30 minutes. I demand to talk to a GM, because they wouldn't have this feature in the game if we weren't allowed to use it. b:angry

If someone would explain to me why I was banned, then please do. I'm probably gonna get muted for posting this, too, but oh well. b:shutup
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    From the forumrules:
    18. No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    If you have any questions regarding rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, or even a thread move, please use the Customer Support Ticketing System or PM function of the board to contact us.

Please send in a ticket here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    May I ask why we can get banned for using this?

Makes no sense as to why you would ban someone from a game for typing in colors, after all its something yall put in the game. If yall didnt want us typing in the colors then you should remove it from yalls code.

Matter fact while yall are fixing that maybe yall can add the ability to use special chars, even spaces, in a guild slogan.
  • Violet_Mane - Heavens Tear
    Violet_Mane - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    and i think he's YALL done ............... 'chuckle'
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Seems like there is alot of Glitchs/Bugs/Bannable things most people don't know about, Maybe GM's should make these issues more clear. I can understand someone being banned over walking through walls because common sense that shouldn't be possiable, as for the 'Green Text' I never would have guessed that it was bannable due to the fact it's not hurting anyone it has no advantages except noobs think you look cool or something. So being banned or muted for those types of reasons sounds pretty pathetic from my point of view.
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Would a GM be so kind as to verify or deny the potential to be banned for using this?

Thanks

~Saitada
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    Is J-walking when there are obviously no cars around to hit you and it is completely safe legal?
    The answer would be no. Yes it's stupid but the same thing applies here. It is a form of an exploit and shouldn't be done.
    Back.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    This is almost definitely unintended behaviour which occurs from an unanticipated use of a specific character code. The colour of text can be important to distinguish different types of messages. For example, world chatting with red text to make it seem as if it's a system announcement.
    Thus, even a split second of rational thought would hopefully be enough to realise that changing the colour of your text is something you probably aren't supposed to be able to do, hence, don't do it if you like your account.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    鶐 It's a chinese character. but it's archiac that no one ever uses it nowadays. I spent a good 30mins just to look it up on the internet =/ "to kill time lol"
    prounced 'shu', and means "River kingfishers" - a kind of birds...

Odam, thats the previous generation's "generation name" in my family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • valttu
    valttu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I havent seen even a single green post here -_-
  • HimeJunsei - Sanctuary
    HimeJunsei - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    doesn't work anymore?:)
  • Pandaberr - Lost City
    Pandaberr - Lost City Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You got banned for 30 minutes? Don't complain. Do something useful. They could have permabanned you if they wanted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    valttu wrote: »
    I havent seen even a single green post here -_-

WITCH! WITCH! She types in green! Burn her alive!!!

No really, you must be a hacker!!!! no one can type in green in the forums! BANN HER!!! b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    green talk is harmless. the problem is that blue/red messages can be used to forge guild and gm talks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Would a GM be so kind as to verify or deny the potential to be banned for using this?

Thanks

~Saitada
    Can't believe I'm siding with Saitada, but I second this. :P We really need an official statement on whether it's bannable or not once and for all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Is J-walking when there are obviously no cars around to hit you and it is completely safe legal?
    The answer would be no. Yes it's stupid but the same thing applies here. It is a form of an exploit and shouldn't be done.

you are correct, but they have weird priorities.. they ban someone for glitching gouf.. they ban people for talking in green chat, but they don't ban for zhenning.. all of the above are taking advantages of glitching, but only the ones in which they aren't making real $ do they ban (I don't call spending 10 cents on a telecousting making real $)..

things that make you say.... WTF?!?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you are correct, but they have weird priorities.. they ban someone for glitching gouf.. they ban people for talking in green chat, but they don't ban for zhenning.. all of the above are taking advantages of glitching, but only the ones in which they aren't making real $ do they ban (I don't call spending 10 cents on a telecousting making real $)..

things that make you say.... WTF?!?!
    I seem to remember reading a post by a GM on here, a couple months ago, in which it was said that zhenning was okay because... I think it was like, Barrage isn't supposed to stop when the target dies, or something. I just remember a "glitch cancels out glitch = okay it's kosher now" mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I hate zhenning and I will never do it because it's a cheap way to get exp (cheap as in the methods of killing, not the coin expenditure). But I've never seen a GM say it's illegal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I seem to remember reading a post by a GM on here, a couple months ago, in which it was said that zhenning was okay because... I think it was like, Barrage isn't supposed to stop when the target dies, or something. I just remember a "glitch cancels out glitch = okay it's kosher now" mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I hate zhenning and I will never do it because it's a cheap way to get exp (cheap as in the methods of killing, not the coin expenditure). But I've never seen a GM say it's illegal.

to me, what's the difference between zhenning and botting? both are afk xp.. I mean, I know people who have admittedly gone to zhen, and while zhen was going on, left to goto the laundromat and do laundry.. doesn't that qualify as giving them an unfair advantage over others? I mean, venos, barbs, etc... they can't cast a single spell then walk away for 2 hours.. the mentality isn't "a glitch cancels a glitch".. it's "people pay money to us in order to zhen.. because mp charms are needed"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I mean, venos, barbs, etc... they can't cast a single spell then walk away for 2 hours.. the mentality isn't "a glitch cancels a glitch".. it's "people pay money to us in order to zhen.. because mp charms are needed"

Hehe, I guess you haven't heard of veno afk grinding :)
    1) Get an MP charm
    2) Tell herc to stay at a location where mobs spawn
    3) Stand a safe distance away
    4) Put something heavy on the "heal" key

Charm lasts some 7 hours and you get around 1%/hr @ lvl 80+
    Veno's can not only solo fb's, they can also solo zhen.

As for the archer skill being bugged, here is the wording of the skill:

"Consuming 360 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 8.4 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 110% of weapon damage plus 2627.2. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC."

By that description if you dont click cancel or escape it should stay up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hehe, I guess you haven't heard of veno afk grinding :)
    1) Get an MP charm
    2) Tell herc to stay at a location where mobs spawn
    3) Stand a safe distance away
    4) Put something heavy on the "heal" key

Charm lasts some 7 hours and you get around 1%/hr @ lvl 80+
    Veno's can not only solo fb's, they can also solo zhen.

As for the archer skill being bugged, here is the wording of the skill:

"Consuming 360 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 8.4 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 110% of weapon damage plus 2627.2. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC."

By that description if you dont click cancel or escape it should stay up.

For a Veno what you described costs $204 - Herc and Gold Charm

For an Archer it costs $4 - Gold Charm
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
    edited March 2009
    Options
    right, but look what you said.. in order to afk as a veno.. you need a herc (about 180-200G).. then additionally the 4G for the charm and you need to put something heavy on the key.. as opposed to zhenning where it's ONLY 4G for the charm, they hit 1 button, release it and walk away..

as I said.. venos, barbs, etc.. don't have a skill that they can just fire off and walk away.. it's a skill that has to be continuously fired off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dieseasily wrote: »
    For a Veno what you described costs $204 - Herc and Gold Charm

For an Archer it costs $4 - Gold Charm

I'm sorry, not being a veno I wasn't aware that hercs need to be replaced every few hours. b:surrender
    You must go through, what, 10-12 hercs a week?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No...for a veno it only requires a pet. No herc required. So just 1 charm in price. No repair bills either. Carry a 30k GA just in case the pet dies, since your spell stops targeting your pet, you won't waste your charm if it falls.

To agree with earlier post, the archer barrage skill "glitch" is that it ends, not that it continues.

Ty for the description of Veno solo Grind. I'm going to set my veno alt on grind and take a nap ;)
    edited March 2009
    Options
    it's not that asterelle.. it's that in order for an archer to start "afk xp" or a wiz or cleric, they need to hit lvl 60, then spend 4G for each charm.

in order for a veno to start afk xp, they have to spend 200 bux (one time), and then spend 4G for each charm

that to me isn't right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No...for a veno it only requires a pet. No herc required. So just 1 charm in price. No repair bills either. Carry a 30k GA just in case the pet dies, since your spell stops targeting your pet, you won't waste your charm if it falls.

To agree with earlier post, the archer barrage skill "glitch" is that it ends, not that it continues.

Ty for the description of Veno solo Grind. I'm going to set my veno alt on grind and take a nap ;)

actually you would need a herc.. because of the increased defense buffs and reflect.. a regular pet couldn't handle being attacked by 4 or 5 mobs at once, plus, if the regular pet doesn't attack back, the pet heal will draw agro from the mobs.. the herc's reflect is what causes it to hold the agro.

also, if a wiz and an archer duel and the archer kills the wiz with barrage, then even if the archer stops the barrage, it continues (from what I've understood)... so if the archer puts up barrage again, technically, there are 2 barrages running for the cost of casting 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.