Type in Green~

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hehe, I guess you haven't heard of veno afk grinding :)
    1) Get an MP charm
    2) Tell herc to stay at a location where mobs spawn
    3) Stand a safe distance away
    4) Put something heavy on the "heal" key

Charm lasts some 7 hours and you get around 1%/hr @ lvl 80+
    Veno's can not only solo fb's, they can also solo zhen.

As for the archer skill being bugged, here is the wording of the skill:

"Consuming 360 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 8.4 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 110% of weapon damage plus 2627.2. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC."

By that description if you dont click cancel or escape it should stay up.

Pretty stupid. First. Herc in defense mode only attacks if YOU or IT has been hit. It doesn't agro on a mob otherwise. Not a very enjoyable prospect with some mobs. Not too hard to end up very dead doing that unless you have both MP and HP charms.

Second. You would still have to replace charms. So you have the cost of your Herc ( a one time cost of about $200.00 ) and recurring cost of your charms. At level 80, your NOT going to get 1% per hour unless the mobs respawn very fast, and if they do that, you run the risk of multiple spawns on top of you, making you very dead early on because Herc fights one mob at a time. Even in a low spawn rate area, your not going to make 1% an hour like you stated.

Even if you COULD make 1% an hour.. who in their right mind is going to spend 100 hours and 14.28 MP charms (56 gold ) trying to afk level a Veno? Not to mention they would probably also spend an additional 4-16 gold for HP charms ( 1-4 charms, depending on how hard the mobs hit) As well as armor repairs, an arcane book (or christmas blessing) to feed their pet etc.

If you came up with that idea on your own.. sorry. but that is a pretty stupid idea.

~S
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    Mosa - Harshlands Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    you are correct, but they have weird priorities.. they ban someone for glitching gouf.. they ban people for talking in green chat, but they don't ban for zhenning.. all of the above are taking advantages of glitching, but only the ones in which they aren't making real $ do they ban (I don't call spending 10 cents on a telecousting making real $)..

things that make you say.... WTF?!?!

Lol at venos...

They all want zhening to stop cuz they cant do it (they can all they have to do is buy a mount and an hp charm and your good to go) so they want to deny us the only thing that make us make up for speed lvling time the veno gets in comparisent...

and btw the reason as in why afk exping in zhening is allowed is cuz you spend a **** load of cash for it and the pullers like barbs and BMs need nothing to pay for it so we pay money to lvl like that where they make money just for being in control of thier char for a set period of time.

And they want us to accept that nix isnt a glitch and it is "okay" if you have 25k phy deff..LMAO
    formerly known as mosabi-heaven's tear..

you know that wizard that kicked your **** b:victory..

now I just own wizards at the new servers b:victory
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    When did this become the 'lets complain about Venos and archers' thread? I thought it was about talking in green. I still want to know is it considered glich abuse or not.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol at venos...

They all want zhening to stop cuz they cant do it (they can all they have to do is buy a mount and an hp charm and your good to go) so they want to deny us the only thing that make us make up for speed lvling time the veno gets in comparisent...

and btw the reason as in why afk exping in zhening is allowed is cuz you spend a **** load of cash for it and the pullers like barbs and BMs need nothing to pay for it so we pay money to lvl like that where they make money just for being in control of thier char for a set period of time.

And they want us to accept that nix isnt a glitch and it is "okay" if you have 25k phy deff..LMAO

which was my point exactly.. it's not that I want them to stop zhenning.. it's that they ban people for exploiting a glitch like gouf or typing in another color, but they don't for people exploiting a glitch if that exploit makes them money.. I'm saying if exploiting a particular glitch doesn't affect someone elses gameplay.. then banning it is pointless.. I mean does the fact that someone killed gouf a different way than the way you might have done it affect your character in any way, or pulling qingzi thru a closed door? what about someone typing in green chat? does THAT harm you or your character? no, yet all of those are bannable.. Zhen doesn't harm any other person's character either, it's also a glitch, but because money is involved, it is allowed..

again, I'm not saying to disallow zhenning, I'm saying to stop banning for stupid reasons.. they don't ban for people going around the curse filters, and I find THAT way more offensive and effecting than someone doin somethin dumb with a glitch..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    once again some stupid idiot mixes the pet up, that doesn't even come with the damned skill that is glitched in the first place, with a skill that MUST BE PURCHASED AND ADDED to the pet.

Flesh Ream is bugged, not the bloody bird you moron.

~S
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    actually you would need a herc.. because of the increased defense buffs and reflect.. a regular pet couldn't handle being attacked by 4 or 5 mobs at once, plus, if the regular pet doesn't attack back, the pet heal will draw agro from the mobs.. the herc's reflect is what causes it to hold the agro.

also, if a wiz and an archer duel and the archer kills the wiz with barrage, then even if the archer stops the barrage, it continues (from what I've understood)... so if the archer puts up barrage again, technically, there are 2 barrages running for the cost of casting 1

My veno is still pretty low lev, I can't confirm or deny this though I've read in forums that other pets can get the same skills as the herc?

Regarding Zhen in general..Clerics and Wiz's zhen...there is no glitch there.
    Archers do not get 2 barrages. They get a single barrage that goes on until thier mp runs out. If the barrage stops for some reason, then it is over.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Pretty stupid. First. Herc in defense mode only attacks if YOU or IT has been hit. It doesn't agro on a mob otherwise. Not a very enjoyable prospect with some mobs. Not too hard to end up very dead doing that unless you have both MP and HP charms.

Second. You would still have to replace charms. So you have the cost of your Herc ( a one time cost of about $200.00 ) and recurring cost of your charms. At level 80, your NOT going to get 1% per hour unless the mobs respawn very fast, and if they do that, you run the risk of multiple spawns on top of you, making you very dead early on because Herc fights one mob at a time. Even in a low spawn rate area, your not going to make 1% an hour like you stated.

Even if you COULD make 1% an hour.. who in their right mind is going to spend 100 hours and 14.28 MP charms (56 gold ) trying to afk level a Veno? Not to mention they would probably also spend an additional 4-16 gold for HP charms ( 1-4 charms, depending on how hard the mobs hit) As well as armor repairs, an arcane book (or christmas blessing) to feed their pet etc.

If you came up with that idea on your own.. sorry. but that is a pretty stupid idea.

~S

Umm I didn't come up with this and yes venos do this. Yes you need to use physical / aggressive mobs. Those are the same mobs used in zhen. Yes it is expensive and so is zhen. It is slower than zhen but the mp charm lasts much longer (for archers a gold charm lasts less than 2 hours in zhen).

$200 is like 20m in coins and that is not all that much in game at higher levels. Consider the lvl 80 TT gold bow costs 12m in mats and is only somewhat better than the other TT80 equips. A tauren chieften cape is 10m as well. A herc for what it does is cheap and most venos can afford one by lvl 80 without spending any gold. If hercs were prohibitively expensive they would be rare but they are quite common.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Umm I didn't come up with this and yes venos do this. Yes you need to use physical / aggressive mobs. Those are the same mobs used in zhen. Yes it is expensive and so is zhen. It is slower than zhen but the mp charm lasts much longer (for archers a gold charm lasts less than 2 hours in zhen).

$200 is like 20m in coins and that is not all that much in game at higher levels. Consider the lvl 80 TT gold bow costs 12m in mats and is only somewhat better than the other TT80 equips. A tauren chieften cape is 10m as well. A herc for what it does is cheap and most venos can afford one by lvl 80 without spending any gold. If hercs were prohibitively expensive they would be rare but they are quite common.
    If you get multiple mob spawns. your dead. period. Herc attacks ONE MOB at a time REGARDLESS of whether your being attacked by another mob or not.

How do I Know? I went and verified it before stating it. I went down to mobs 8 levels lower than me at 612 416 (Cougarat Deprivers) Set down and called up my Herc. Mob walks by and hits me, Herc went after it. Another walks by and agro'd me and Herc ignored it while it beat up the first mob. In the meantime, I chewed a GA proving you wrong.

Also.... I've never seen or heard a veno say they do this, only NON VENO's saying it's done. One more piece of BS spouted by people that don't know the class/pet and touting it as gospel proved wrong by Saitada the Veno Mythbuster.

~S
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    once again some stupid idiot mixes the pet up, that doesn't even come with the damned skill that is glitched in the first place, with a skill that MUST BE PURCHASED AND ADDED to the pet.

Flesh Ream is bugged, not the bloody bird you moron.

~S

Ouch b:shocked

someone is being a little too seriouse in game arent we there??

lol...I have yet to meet a single veno with nix that doesnt have flesh ream and I know alot..

• Devarsi - Sanctuary
    Devarsi - Sanctuary Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    ummm correct me if I am wrong.. but if you set your herc on auto.. and then go in the middle of physical mobs.. tell it to stay there.. get back out of the spawn and just heal a bunch.. wouldn't all the mobs auto-attack your herc when it spawns.. your herc attack them back (due to the reflect it would be dealing damage thus allowing you to not pull aggro with heal)

it sounds quite possible to me.. the hardest part would just be getting it setup where the veno is away from her herc without being attacked.. but if you test this on a 1 or 2 mob spawn.. it should be pretty easy to verify or deny

kill the 2 mobs.. set your herc in the spawn.. walk away to max heal distance.. and wait for respawns
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Ouch b:shocked

someone is being a little too seriouse in game arent we there??

lol...I have yet to meet a single veno with nix that doesnt have flesh ream and I know alot..
    Agreed, but the Nix doesn't come with the skill, you have to buy it and add it to the bird so it's not the bird that is bugged, just the skill thats added to it, and I really wish the devs would get off their fat lazy asses and fix it.

~S
  • Zhoelle - Sanctuary
    Zhoelle - Sanctuary Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    So off topic....
    Stop crying suck it up and grow up. You just got banned, now accept the consequences so you can play again.

Take the class discussion to the right forum (interesting dialogue though).
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    Agreed, but the Nix doesn't come with the skill, you have to buy it and add it to the bird so it's not the bird that is bugged, just the skill thats added to it, and I really wish the devs would get off their fat lazy asses and fix it.

~S

Amenam the man am the m man am mosa man am mosamania if you can read that then oh what a shame on me :(

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ummm correct me if I am wrong.. but if you set your herc on auto.. and then go in the middle of physical mobs.. tell it to stay there.. get back out of the spawn and just heal a bunch.. wouldn't all the mobs auto-attack your herc when it spawns.. your herc attack them back (due to the reflect it would be dealing damage thus allowing you to not pull aggro with heal)
    Yes and no.

Here is the problem. If you do that and your spam healing your pet, when a mob agro's your pet, if you drop a heal on your pet before the mob has hit it.. it changes it's agro and comes for you. Your pet won't come after it, it will continue to attack mobs that are hitting it and that leaves the mob(s) that have come for you, to chew your backside apart. I know this all to well. I can't count the number of times a mob agro'd towards my pet, but before it could hit it, changed it's agro because I healed my pet and came for me.

~S
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    yea i know that.. the main issue is if the mobs do enough damage to your herc that the reflect does enough damage back to it to not pull aggro.. maybe the issue in your test was that you used lower level mobs.. they hit low.. reflect does low damage.. less aggro

you should try at the seaweed theives or the bladewolvens .. higher level .. entirely phys.. more damage.. heck i'll even help you so you don't waste another GA after i get home from work
  • Mosa - Harshlands
    edited March 2009
    WHY DOES EVERY TOPIC SAITADA ENTERS TURN TO A VENO FLAME WAR b:cry

EDIT*I want you to say your sorry for calling me a moron you hurt meh feelings :'(

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    WHY DOES EVERY TOPIC SAITADA ENTERS TURN TO A VENO FLAME WAR b:cry

EDIT*I want you to say your sorry for calling me a moron you hurt meh feelings :'(
    Sorry Mosa, I haven't slept in 23 hours and am a bit grumpy and have been biting everyones head off here at work (fortunately... i'm the boss so I can do that here LOL.).

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    yea i know that.. the main issue is if the mobs do enough damage to your herc that the reflect does enough damage back to it to not pull aggro.. maybe the issue in your test was that you used lower level mobs.. they hit low.. reflect does low damage.. less aggro

you should try at the seaweed theives or the bladewolvens .. higher level .. entirely phys.. more damage.. heck i'll even help you so you don't waste another GA after i get home from work
    The only feasable way to do this would be to find a corner of a mob spawn where only a cpl mobs spawn and break the spawn (stagger the kills so they spawn every cpl minutes rather than in a cluster). so your pet only has to fight one mob at a time. I'mma experiment and double check this to make sure, but I think even if the mob agro's your pet, if you heal your pet before it hits it, it's gonna come for you.

~S

*edit* OK... I found a corner where only 1 Hooded Adawolf (lvl 73) spawns at a time and set my Herc in the middle of it's spawn area. Started chain healing it and waited for spawn. Mob agro'd my pet first but because my heal hit it before it hit my pet, it switched agro and came for me. As soon as it hit me, my pet agro'd and took it out, but not before my HP charm triggered. If I had been dealing with a multiple spawn area, there is a good chance I'd have died within a few minutes or so from attracting agro while healing my pet. Nuff said I think.

~S

*edit x2* Also, chain healing your pet can draw you into the spawn area if your pet moves to attack an attacking mob thats slightly out of your healing range making you more likely to get attacked and killed.
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    thats why you do it on phys only mobs.. doesn't reflect only work on physical attacks? if it is being cast against your herc has no way to keep aggro on multiple mobs

unless hooded adalwolfs are phys only.. i thought i recalled them having a cast
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    thats why you do it on phys only mobs.. doesn't reflect only work on physical attacks? if it is being cast against your herc has no way to keep aggro on multiple mobs

unless hooded adalwolfs are phys only.. i thought i recalled them having a cast
    they are 100% phys. That is why I moved to them from the cougaret deprivers (which are ranged mag/phys mobs), so I could test that to be sure of my statement. :-)

~S
  • Devarsi - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ah okay.. well.. i dunno.. it seemed plausible to me.. maybe the venos delay the heals until the spawn gets around em? I've heard of venos aoe grinding with hercs with reflect without pulling aggro.. i forget which veno told me he did it.. but i've been told its possible.. not sure about afk though
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    ah okay.. well.. i dunno.. it seemed plausible to me.. maybe the venos delay the heals until the spawn gets around em? I've heard of venos aoe grinding with hercs with reflect without pulling aggro.. i forget which veno told me he did it.. but i've been told its possible.. not sure about afk though
    Oh we can AOE grind. Just come watch me at the Seaspray Bloodwolfs. But to do it we need to mmake the herc hit each mob first (maybe do a heal between agro mobs to keep hercs life up) and pull them into a group and let the herc reflect and chomp on them as he will while we heal. But that only works once Herc HAS the agro.

What I was responding to was someone claiming Veno's can afk aoe grind with a Herc, which is patent nonsense considering the way agro is done in this game and how mobs spawn. Then when I challenged them on it they came back and said "Veno's do this" as if it were fact, so.. I just proved that short of pure luck, a veno can NOT AFK AOE grind for very long w/o getting herself killed just from spam healing her pet and drawing mob agro before the mob even hits her pet.

~S
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Just a thought, I don't have a herc and I haven't tried this with a golem but maybe?

Clear a patch of mobs, and leave your herc in the middle.

Fly up out of melee range, but still pretty close to the ground.

Spam heal from there.

I know you can kind of fly and use a land pet, but I haven't played around with it long enough to see how long before it unsummons.

Basically the point here is when you take aggro, the mobs can't hit you anyways, and will eventually get caught on the pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Just a thought, I don't have a herc and I haven't tried this with a golem but maybe?

Clear a patch of mobs, and leave your herc in the middle.

Fly up out of melee range, but still pretty close to the ground.

Spam heal from there.

I know you can kind of fly and use a land pet, but I haven't played around with it long enough to see how long before it unsummons.

Basically the point here is when you take aggro, the mobs can't hit you anyways, and will eventually get caught on the pet.
    Herc despawns within 10 seconds of going airborn. Even when I was hovering at ground level. (tried it to see how long he stayed around)

~S
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Sorry this has nothing to do with the OP.

How well could this work with Roar as a skill instead of relying on just deflect?

Also, I don't know that it wouldn't count as glitching, but aren't there terrain locations you can be that are physically impossible for a mob to get to but that your pet can still be fighting?
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Here is the problem. If you do that and your spam healing your pet, when a mob agro's your pet, if you drop a heal on your pet before the mob has hit it.. it changes it's agro and comes for you. Your pet won't come after it, it will continue to attack mobs that are hitting it and that leaves the mob(s) that have come for you, to chew your backside apart. I know this all to well. I can't count the number of times a mob agro'd towards my pet, but before it could hit it, changed it's agro because I healed my pet and came for me.
    There's a way around this, but I'm not gonna post it because I consider it an exploit. Just be aware that it *is* possible to do what's been suggested (afk exp gain) without the veno dying. I've only seen one person with a herc doing it so it doesn't seem widely known, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Unlike zhenning where you get exp faster than by regular playing, iIt's slower at gaining exp than regular playing (since the veno is only healing). I can even think of a way to do it without using any charms too, although that would make it even slower exp gain.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    There's a way around this, but I'm not gonna post it because I consider it an exploit. Just be aware that it *is* possible to do what's been suggested (afk exp gain) without the veno dying. I've only seen one person with a herc doing it so it doesn't seem widely known, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Unlike zhenning where you get exp faster than by regular playing, iIt's slower at gaining exp than regular playing (since the veno is only healing). I can even think of a way to do it without using any charms too, although that would make it even slower exp gain.
    I know what your talking about. Not many areas in the game with that type of setup to allow that, but yeah, I know what your talking about and I agree with you, it 'should' be classed as an exploit. But, that particular thing aside.. under normal circumstances a veno can't afk aoe grind w/o getting themselves killed.

And your 100% correct, the exp gained would be significantly slower than regular grinding.

~S
  • sephere
    sephere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

I simply posted that my guild was recruiting, and I get banned for 30 minutes. I demand to talk to a GM, because they wouldn't have this feature in the game if we weren't allowed to use it. b:angry

If someone would explain to me why I was banned, then please do. I'm probably gonna get muted for posting this, too, but oh well. b:shutup

Yeah, they should really give a warning beforehand, so that you know they consider it wrong and can stop.

I mean why should people be punished, if they don't know that somethings against the rules in the first place.

Perhaps they won't do it in the first place, if they know beforehand.
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Wow I'm reading this thread about green chat color and like two pages in, people start talking about OP venos. wtf?
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    We still haven't heard a GM statement on the green text business. -_-

[/lame attempt to get thread back on topic]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
This discussion has been closed.