White name = fair game? (Especially in a PvE server...)

2»

Comments

• Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    First time I went into PK mode was for the thrill, to know what it's like, and yeah, as you said, because white is pretty, LOL. But if someone was to fight, then I'd do my damn hardest to fight back-- but I think I'm going to wait a bit before pressing that button again as I don't think I'm really ready for it. ^^x But yeah, on the PvE server, it's a person's own choice and if they get killed and they complain, oh well, their problem for putting themselves into that mode.

It's also a person's choice to leave Safe Zone in the PvP server ^^ White name = fair game period.
    The server is irrelevant information.
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I'm waiting for another PvP server to open up...and I might start an character over there. I'll definitely play a cleric with full INT and then switch over to LA build maybe some time around 50 or 60...simply because I find that the MP capacity with an LA build at lower levels is really harsh without a hiero early on...

I did this on my mage...although my cleric is only level 20 on HT it was much more fun than being a mage.

I should have listened to what everyone who played on the MY server said...about the game getting really boring after level 50 or 60 if there isn't anyone around to PK...

And wow...it SURE did.

LA @ lvl70 no earlier, promise you'll regret it otherwise ^^
  • Lindsaywing - Lost City
    Lindsaywing - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    what is it with people and complaining? it's in every mmo. the same story every time....pker attacks player, player whines and comes back with his friends, beats pker and says "pwned n33b".

is there no such thing as maturity in MMOs? let me set this straight:
    1. white name = fair game. end of story. if you turned on pk mode in the pve server, be carefull outside of safe zones, but above all don't whine if you get killed. it's you're fault for toggling it on.

2.PVP is not to show how you're better than everyone else. there's just an excitement in pking you can't get fighting an NPC. and there's a thrill you get when the person takes a dirt nap. pvp is for enjoyment, and anyone that thinks that they can brag for killing you is most likely 10 years old. bragging just ticks people off. no matter how good you are, you can always die to someone else, so noone ever has bragging rights. and if someone brags because he killed you ignore him and get on with you're life.

3. DO NOT TAKE THE GAME SERIOUSLY. don't freak out when you die, it's not that big a deal. everything you may lose from dying can be reobtained, you know why? CAUSE IT"S A GAME, NOT REAL LIFE. start over, it's really not that bad. if you're frustrated with how you keep getting pked while trying to train or quest etc. log off, calm down, and come back to it later when there might not be so many pkers in that area or when you wont get as frustrated.

I know what you're thinking, "you're just level 14 n00b you dont know anything". I've played mutliple MMOs (guildwars, runescape etc.) and I've involved myself in pvp on all of them. i may not be so great at pvp, but i know the system, how it works, and everything about noobs, cause that's half....scatch that, 80% of the people you find in these games.

if more people took my advice, there'd be so much less whiners in these types of games.

so, in conclusion: pkers shouldn't brag, carebears shouldn't whine, don't care if you get killed, and if you get frustrated, log off and don't dare come back until you've cooled off.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    what is it with people and complaining? it's in every mmo. the same story every time....pker attacks player, player whines and comes back with his friends, beats pker and says "pwned n33b".

is there no such thing as maturity in MMOs? let me set this straight:
    1. white name = fair game. end of story. if you turned on pk mode in the pve server, be carefull outside of safe zones, but above all don't whine if you get killed. it's you're fault for toggling it on.

2.PVP is not to show how you're better than everyone else. there's just an excitement in pking you can't get fighting an NPC. and there's a thrill you get when the person takes a dirt nap. pvp is for enjoyment, and anyone that thinks that they can brag for killing you is most likely 10 years old. bragging just ticks people off. no matter how good you are, you can always die to someone else, so noone ever has bragging rights. and if someone brags because he killed you ignore him and get on with you're life.

3. DO NOT TAKE THE GAME SERIOUSLY. don't freak out when you die, it's not that big a deal. everything you may lose from dying can be reobtained, you know why? CAUSE IT"S A GAME, NOT REAL LIFE. start over, it's really not that bad. if you're frustrated with how you keep getting pked while trying to train or quest etc. log off, calm down, and come back to it later when there might not be so many pkers in that area or when you wont get as frustrated.

I know what you're thinking, "you're just level 14 n00b you dont know anything". I've played mutliple MMOs (guildwars, runescape etc.) and I've involved myself in pvp on all of them. i may not be so great at pvp, but i know the system, how it works, and everything about noobs, cause that's half....scatch that, 80% of the people you find in these games.

if more people took my advice, there'd be so much less whiners in these types of games.

so, in conclusion: pkers shouldn't brag, carebears shouldn't whine, don't care if you get killed, and if you get frustrated, log off and don't dare come back until you've cooled off.

This is what many wishes to think, but it will never be this way. People with power will have ego. And people who are jealous of your power fuels that ego. PvPing will always be about who's on top and who eats who. Its not that no one enjoy PK/PvP or anything, even though there is flames and drama around. Its all just fun generally. Whining and Arrogance is what makes PvP so fun and interesting. Taking those away, it will be pretty boring and just not as exciting. I love when ppl pm me crying why I killed them, its funny. But I don't put ppl down or anything.. but some people are just like that when they are strong and consistant (Like Deity, Pandora, Shinzoko, etc..)
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Darkraven - Heavens Tear
    Darkraven - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Maybe you have lost sight of the complete irrelevance of this thread? Poster is a PK'r whining about the people he pks that whine about being pk'd.... hello Pot.. kettle calling.
  • Lindsaywing - Lost City
    Lindsaywing - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    This is what many wishes to think, but it will never be this way. People with power will have ego. And people who are jealous of your power fuels that ego. PvPing will always be about who's on top and who eats who. Its not that no one enjoy PK/PvP or anything, even though there is flames and drama around. Its all just fun generally. Whining and Arrogance is what makes PvP so fun and interesting. Taking those away, it will be pretty boring and just not as exciting. I love when ppl pm me crying why I killed them, its funny. But I don't put ppl down or anything.. but some people are just like that when they are strong and consistant (Like Deity, Pandora, Shinzoko, etc..)

I can understand the competitiveness, it's the bragging, whining and arrogance that I'll never understand.
    if someone kills them, they should learn from there mistakes and make themselves better for it, instead of whining, or insulting. and whoever wins belittles and brags to the loser, which to me is a sign of immaturity.
    I'll admit it's kind of funny to see them cry over a game when they die, but they get on you're nerves when they just wont let it go. they're just humiliating themselves, annoying other people, and making it worse for them then it really is.
  • jemima
    jemima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    There are people who're going to act like jerks and insult people when they pk someone.

There are people who're going to act like jerks and insult people when they get pk'd.

It's human nature, live with it.

There's always going to be people saying about how you shouldn't have pk'd or whatever. Ignore them. All you did was cost them a bit of time as they get out to the place again. You don't lose XP, you don't lose gold, you don't lose items unless you're incredibly unlucky or have been pk'ing a bunch of people yourself recently. It's a pretty sweet deal really.
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I love pvp, but for different reasons than most. I like the competition. I like fighting my way to the top of the ranks.

In other games I played, I never PK'ed lowbies unless they was killing lowbies or a guildmate of mine.

There are honorable pk'ers out there, just not that many. Most PK'ers just get their jollies off of aggravating and harassing other players.
  • oie
    oie Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    it's like aggroing a mob while you are strolling thru perfect world...
    white name, they added in people for fun.
    Fair game, white name.

They've taught you the risks, I hope. It was there for you to read...
    You seem rather,,, Enthusiastic...
  • Tailynne - Lost City
    Tailynne - Lost City Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I went to PvP server for ONE reason: lag. PvP server had WAY less of it than the other two. I get high pings on the two PvE servers. I'll go white when I hit 30, and there's nothing I can do about, but seriously, why pk white names anyways? You have almost no chance of gaining anything except the title of jerk. If you're after a fair fight, or a match, then have a duel. On a PvE server white name = fair game because they chose it. But really, why bother? Just to be a jerk? Pink or worse is fair game, you KNOW they chose it. If you gank a white name all you get out of it is slowing someone's quest progress. Duel the whites, gank the reds and hope everybody plays fair with you too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cheer up little chappy, take your face off my boot
  • saer1
    saer1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    howcome i am white name and i droped? coz of stupid pkers gank
  • budi66
    budi66 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    pro necro b:cute
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Whitenames in Archo are fair game, it's basically if you can kill them, do it.
    Most people who choose to enter it are either
    A:A R9 or R8 player
    B:A newbie finding out what PK is
    C:A person wanting to PK for fun(Which we all know isn't allowed.)b:shocked

Personally, i haven't spent a dime on this game. And I mainly PK for fun.
    But whenever a R8/9 person comes out to west gate, PK isn't fun anymore, it's just
    being camped over and over again. Eventually it just ends up where I might kill them once or twice, but I always get killed over something stupid.

I'll go PK at west, but as soon as a R8/9 player comes out in white-name, I leave.
    Immediately.

It's not fun to PK against people who
    would sell their right kidney to play a game and be good at it.

tl;dr QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Whitenames in Archo are fair game, it's basically if you can kill them, do it.
    Most people who choose to enter it are either
    A:A R9 or R8 player
    B:A newbie finding out what PK is
    C:A person wanting to PK for fun(Which we all know isn't allowed.)b:shocked

Personally, i haven't spent a dime on this game. And I mainly PK for fun.
    But whenever a R8/9 person comes out to west gate, PK isn't fun anymore, it's just
    being camped over and over again. Eventually it just ends up where I might kill them once or twice, but I always get killed over something stupid.

I'll go PK at west, but as soon as a R8/9 player comes out in white-name, I leave.
    Immediately.

It's not fun to PK against people who
    would sell their right kidney to play a game and be good at it.

tl;dr QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

kidnap children, sell their kidneys :)
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
This discussion has been closed.