Something needs to be done.

Options
cybertheo
cybertheo Posts: 8 Arc User
edited November 2008 in General Discussion
The PKs are ridiculous. Seriously, can something not be done? It's getting to the point where a lot of us can't even enjoy the damn game because we can't walk here or there without getting pegged off by some higher level dipstick. I mean, some even go so far as to ridicule you after they kill you. There's no reason for players to have the ability to bully on this game. We get enough of this **** in the real world.
Post edited by cybertheo on

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    PvE server?.....
  • enzi
    enzi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    o.o Is it that bad? Is it confined to one server?

By chance did you ever play conqueronline, the name Theo was well known on my server.
    b:cute Have you hugged a newbie today? b:cute
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    No, I haven't lol, sorry. It's just a cool name X3

But yeah I think it's the PVE server. My friend is the one with the problem. She's been killed twice today by other players while she's been trying to quest. First time: She was out killing monsters for a quest and a guy comes, steals her kill, then kills her. THEN proceeds to laugh at her and call her "****". Second time: She needed to kill this mob of some kind and there was a group of people standing close by. She went to attack and a winged elf flew overhead and killed her. It's getting to be a real problem. There's a lot of pricks in this game.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I think your friend has already made a thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • enzi
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yes, she has already made a thread. Glad I'm not planning to join that server. I'm going to be on Heaven's Tear. Maybe your friend should try a different server? She can join me and be a newb on HT ^^
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Heh, so she did! She's pretty upset... I just want to know if this is a big enough problem to be addressed... I don't think players deserve to be treated like garbage.
  • gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Heaven's Tear and Sanctuary is PvE, and thus players can turn on or off PK mode if they wish (although there's a cooldown on changing PK mode status). Lost City is a PVP server, and thus all players are PK-mode enabled automatically and permanently outside of Safe Zones after level 30.

Some players like the opportunity to bully and be bullied. If you do not, please play on a server that does not automatically PvP-flag you during normal events. There are some strategies to avoid being PKed on Lost City; check out the PvP-forums for details on that, although you may need to use the search feature.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enzi
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Players don't deserve to be treated like garbage. The name calling can be filed as a harassmnet report.
  • siegedge
    siegedge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well when you join a pvp server you pretty much just have to deal with it or move to the PVE server and stay blue name.

Lost City = Free PVPing (if your char is above lv 30 )
    Heaven's Tear = Optional PKing; you can turn PK on but won't be able to turn it off until 10 hours are up
    Sanctuary = The same as Heaven's Tear

It pays to do a little reading before you go jumping into a game.
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah I don't think we realized at the time that there could be some real jerks on this server. I guess nothing can be done... Hopefully I can talk her into logging back in.
  • Blksunrising - Lost City
    Blksunrising - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    They should have some sort of rule where you cant attack players that are too many levels lower than you. That would make it fair since you can pk those in a certain level range only

it seems to make the most sense
  • enzi
    edited November 2008
    Options
    You can tell her there is someone about to start a new character on HT and is hopeing you both will join her so she doesn't feel like the only newb. -gentle nudging-
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lol well maybe we should! I wouldn't mind starting fresh... if I could ever get the game to work on my comp. I have to use my friend's all the time lol.

And yes. I think having a PVP level limit on your target would be a good idea. It gives players a chance to defend themselves.
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    siegedge wrote: »
    Well when you join a pvp server you pretty much just have to deal with it or move to the PVE server and stay blue name.

Lost City = Free PVPing (if your char is above lv 30 )
    Heaven's Tear = Optional PKing; you can turn PK on but won't be able to turn it off until 10 hours are up
    Sanctuary = The same as Heaven's Tear

It pays to do a little reading before you go jumping into a game.

Killing another player does not grant the rights to insult and belittle him.

Victoribus spoliam, his death and drops are yours, and nothing more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enzi
    edited November 2008
    Options
    A level limit would be good. I hope to see you there then. I'll pm you my name when I get this setup complete.
  • siegedge
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Killing another player does not grant the rights to insult and belittle him.

Victoribus spoliam, his death and drops are yours, and nothing more.

I never said it did.
    When I said "you'll pretty much have to deal with it", I meant that she would encounter a lot of players that flash their egos from pking on the LC server. You can even see it on the forums if you take a look in the pvp pondering section.
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'm downloading from another site and it looks like it's working. i'll get it reinstalled as soon as it's done :3
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I never said it did.
    When I said "you'll pretty much have to deal with it", I meant that she would encounter a lot of players that flash their egos from pking on the LC server. You can even see it on the forums if you take a look in the pvp pondering section.

Some people need a little clobberin when we catch up to them. That's what I think b:victory
  • Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear
    Ajriaz_skaya - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I never said it did.

That I understood, my apologies if I sounded like I was saying that you cautioned such behavior, it wasn't the idea I wanted to convey. :)

What I wanted to say is that PKs behaving like that lower themselves and would deserve to be hounded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cybertheo
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Alright I'm taking this to the suggestion box. They need to put level limits on the attack targets.
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This is exactly why I steered clear of the PK server. I knew it would be extremely attractive to jerks of all shapes and sizes. I also knew, that like most MMOs with PK servers, the company owning the game would do little if nothing to put the "bullies" in their place. I wish you all the luck in the world with your suggestion and getting your friend back on. ^^
    b:bye RETIRED
  • siegedge
    edited November 2008
    Options
    This is exactly why I steered clear of the PK server. I knew it would be extremely attractive to jerks of all shapes and sizes. I also knew, that like most MMOs with PK servers, the company owning the game would do little if nothing to put the "bullies" in their place. I wish you all the luck in the world with your suggestion and getting your friend back on. ^^

QFT

After playing Rohan (a pvp based game), there's no way I want to play on a pvp server. Too many people flashing their egos around and spouting utter BS.b:shutup

Hearing how high levels come and attack low levels just to feel superior comes as no suprise to me.
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    look being a lvl 29 isnt low.You should know by now that lvl 29 and over are targets in a pvp server K!Fresh meat to be scared!!!Perhaps learn to make friends/guild..you get beat up go tel lyour buddies and go pwn the person who pwned you..just be glad your not playing 2 moons because in that game all lvls are bait to anyone.

The Kin would appreciate it if someone could translate this drivel into some standard english that could be understood instead of this jumbled pile of letters this person would think is a statement of some sort. Thanks.>.>
  • maal
    maal Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Factions are good, especially ones that look after their own. Though honestly, a guardian guild (with enough high levels) of people fed up with ignorant PKers, as opposed to those who kill and move on or at least have some sort of decency, would go a long way to calming some of these twits down.

So i'll second Teabagg's suggestion of get into a faction, and choose a decent one at that. You will always have some twits around, but at least they're Your twits :P
  • Omiekins - Lost City
    Omiekins - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Okay. Well. If you join a PVP Server, you are accepting that you may be PKed, even bullied by other players. You are accepting that there will be jerks who get off on it. So if you hate PK, don't join it.

If you're on a PVE server, just turn the thing off.

Its remarkable how many people play on PK and whine about being pked... I mean, that's the point of the server, lol.

Also, people shouldn't insult you or be mean when they pk you, but like I said, the world is full of jerks who get off on it, and this lets you know their real nature, so you can avoid them. Being in a guild is more secure, as a lot of people are less inclined to pk you (many may believe you will tell the guild you're in to KoS them) but others actually will be more inclined if they happen to not like your guild, or feel you're allied with their enemy.

PK is not JUST for jerks...I have met a lot of nice people on there, and would rather be on it than a PVE because being good in PK gives you something extra to do, besides grind to just flaunt your level only.

I think level restrictions on targets is a stupid idea, too. =P If people are so upset about being pked, just don't play on the PK server, and if youare PVE, keep it turned off. The end.
    Omiekins // Archer
    Bombchu // Venomancer
    {{ Nostalgia }}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    cybertheo wrote: »
    The PKs are ridiculous. Seriously, can something not be done? It's getting to the point where a lot of us can't even enjoy the damn game because we can't walk here or there without getting pegged off by some higher level dipstick. I mean, some even go so far as to ridicule you after they kill you. There's no reason for players to have the ability to bully on this game. We get enough of this **** in the real world.

Come play on the PvE servers.

We have blue names.

And cookies...b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    lol @ all the "OMG PVP SERVER IS EBILLLL!!" kind of posts here.
    Lost City is not for the easily bothered/emos/carebears.

There's jerks in pve too, funny ppl that think they know **** about pvp server because they met a jerk or 2.

There's also those that WILLINGLY turn their name white then have a big drama war coz they got pk'd in the pve server now that's HILARIOUS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Omiekins - Lost City
    Omiekins - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah. It seems there are TONS of PVE players who think PVP is just pure evil jerks. Its really not. I haven't even been pked yet xD Though it shall happen..eventually. >_>
    Omiekins // Archer
    Bombchu // Venomancer
    {{ Nostalgia }}
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Koe - Lost City
    Koe - Lost City Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Well, its funny that ppl complain about being pk'd but they do have a point, ppl shouldnt need to show their ego. What i do is come back and kill the jerk for killing me and then watch the guy calling me a noob and saying i have no life for killing him/her. But after i kill the person i have fun with a lil 'mental harassment' by saying non-threatening things by just confusing the fudge out of the pk'er. Its quite entertaining.

Also, keep in mind that the definition of a human is quite equal to the term "stupidity." We all at some point think the world revolves around us, we also have something known as ego get in the way we think and act, the definition of a bully who's not only a human, but also ignorant and/or oblivious. Thank you.
    I'm not mean I'm just being honest.

I'm not insensitive, I just don't give a S.H.I.T!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]