Way Too Expensive!!!!

Comments

• neneh
    neneh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I hope you guys realise that is the Chinese main company. The Sales of Perfect World Entertainment would have no significant impact on the stocks of Perfect World Co.

PW is like mcdonalds imo, franchise :P
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    As long as people are stupid enough to pay high prices for these cash shops, the cash shops will keep on charging those prices.

I play free mmo's for fun and I just started perfect world. It's like this with most of the the so called free mmo's.

To get the full experience, you have to shell out some cash. But 30 bills for something in a game is ludicrous, and it won't change till the majority of cash shop customers decide the cost is too high.
  • tanglung
    tanglung Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So they would change the prices and get the same amount of money out of it? that is what you said right? Cut the prices in half and double the people buying? That would leave them with exactly the same amount.

It would appear to do exactly that, at first glance.

However, it would work out better for the PW owners; if you speak to
    anyone in PWI, most admit they WOULD spend the money if it were
    more reasonably adjusted in what you got for it.

PW would likely more than double their takings, if not even triple them.

With the MAIN point being that hundreds, if not thousands, of players
    would benefit of a more enjoyable, enhanced gaming experience.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    tanglung wrote: »
    PW would likely more than double their takings, if not even triple them.
    That is pure assumption, the PWI publisher has obviously reviewed their situation and worked out their course of action.
    rild wrote: »
    As long as people are stupid enough to pay high prices for these cash shops, the cash shops will keep on charging those prices.

To get the full experience, you have to shell out some cash. But 30 bills for something in a game is ludicrous, and it won't change till the majority of cash shop customers decide the cost is too high.
    People aren't 'stupid' because they pay the prices Gold is at. They simply see that it is a worthwhile expense to further their enjoyment of the game.

You don't have to shell out any cash for the full experience, you just need to work a bit harder and find out how to make money trading. There is nothing ludicrous about spending 30 dollars in a game, just as there is nothing ludicrous about spending money on golf balls at a driving range. You're right in saying it won't change until the customers decide the cost is too high, but at the rate things are going, that's not going to happen anytime soon.
  • kittyrar
    kittyrar Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    So they would change the prices and get the same amount of money out of it? that is what you said right? Cut the prices in half and double the people buying? That would leave them with exactly the same amount.

You obviously have no knowledge of how the world works.
  • Bombchu - Lost City
    Bombchu - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The prices aren't that bad, actually. I've seen a lot worse prices for TEMPORARY things in other games, and people still buy them, lol. I think asian servers cost less because they have a larger player base buying the cash shop, and also if the game happens to be hosted in the US, the US dollar isn't exactly in its top shape anymore so prices have to be raised to make up for that, too.

If they're too expensive for you, save up coins and buy gold in game. Its not that hard, just make a farming character, like a veno or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Nostalgia]
    The Brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    That is pure assumption, the PWI publisher has obviously reviewed their situation and worked out their course of action.

People aren't 'stupid' because they pay the prices Gold is at. They simply see that it is a worthwhile expense to further their enjoyment of the game.

You don't have to shell out any cash for the full experience, you just need to work a bit harder and find out how to make money trading. There is nothing ludicrous about spending 30 dollars in a game, just as there is nothing ludicrous about spending money on golf balls at a driving range. You're right in saying it won't change until the customers decide the cost is too high, but at the rate things are going, that's not going to happen anytime soon.

30$ is what some people spend to play on regular MMOs for two months. All of us aren't made of money.

Some of us have bills to pay.

Edit: But who am I to complain? I just started playing Perfect World.. I just have experience with other free to play asian mmos.
  • Hitsuu - Lost City
    Hitsuu - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    prices are high yeah, but you dont NEED to spend money on it, its completely optional, I know mounts are cute an all but who would spend that kinda money to run fast

Sure what this guy SAID. I haven't played this game for about 2.5 weeks. Just attending wars, and doing stone quest and one other thing that I would not like to say. Normally I play, 2 hours a week. I attend wars only for the salary. I stopped at lvl 65, and am now 68. I probably will only play this game in this way, unless prices drop. Anyways, in the beginning I was paying 50 dollars in the first two weeks of this game which was WAY too much for me. So anyways, you don't NEED to spend money on it, just DON'T PLAY like me! HAHAHA.
  • Drathir - Sanctuary
    Drathir - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Yes, well... Back to logic.

Put simply, the reason prices are so high is because people still pay for it. Though high prices might act as a deterrent for a few customers, if someone really wants that fancy set of wings, they will fork out the $15 to get it. Just like if someone really wants to show their love to their important someone by getting married in game, and don't want to wait until they can farm 6,000,000 or so in-game gold, they will eventually fork out the $60 to do so.

Prices aren't lowering because people are still buying. And the American financial crisis at the moment obviously isn't doing much to help that matter.

Like the logical people here keep reminding you, you can earn enough in game money to purchase nearly any of the shop items, so if the cost is such a big issue, get farming.

Despite all this, I do wish the prices were lower. I myself have no source of income, and have a very limited supply of money, and items of my desire happen to be the most expensive in the shop. But again, PWI obviously still have enough people paying for gold, otherwise they would do something to attempt to increase sales.

Edit: Odd place for a first post, no? The ignorance of certain people in this topic caught my eye.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    Yes, well... Back to logic.

Put simply, the reason prices are so high is because people still pay for it. Though high prices might act as a deterrent for a few customers, if someone really wants that fancy set of wings, they will fork out the $15 to get it. Just like if someone really wants to show their love to their important someone by getting married in game, and don't want to wait until they can farm 6,000,000 or so in-game gold, they will eventually fork out the $60 to do so.

Prices aren't lowering because people are still buying. And the American financial crisis at the moment obviously isn't doing much to help that matter.

Like the logical people here keep reminding you, you can earn enough in game money to purchase nearly any of the shop items, so if the cost is such a big issue, get farming.

Despite all this, I do wish the prices were lower. I myself have no source of income, and have a very limited supply of money, and items of my desire happen to be the most expensive in the shop. But again, PWI obviously still have enough people paying for gold, otherwise they would do something to attempt to increase sales.

Edit: Odd place for a first post, no? The ignorance of certain people in this topic caught my eye.

Ignorance eh? Well I said my peace here. People on these free to play games think it's a good deal to blow so much real life money for some pixels.

I'll just keep my opinion to myself.
  • Abao - Lost City
    Abao - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    this server is overpriced
    the original chinese server is lot cheaper..[lower amount of gold for things]
    also it's in the Chinese currency..

that's why i don't understand why it is so expensive at the US server
    b:cute 宝。

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Basically because the service they provide is of superior quality and to a wealthier audience. It's like asking why clothes are cheaper in China.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    Basically because the service they provide is of superior quality and to a wealthier audience. It's like asking why clothes are cheaper in China.

I look at it like this. Most pay to play games are superior to free to play games in terms of quality. I would only pay 15 dollars a month for the content in a pay to play's game.

Why should I pay more for a free to play's content?
    edited November 2008
    You don't and you won't, but plenty of people think otherwise. Weekly updates, territory wars, flight and sea combat is rare, but getting more abundant in modern MMOs. People will spend what they see as a worthy investment in the name of entertainment, even pixels on a screen have a value. You should understand that every thing has a value, you pay someone to sing you a song, you do not physically obtain the song, so why do you get someone to sing it to you?
  • Drathir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    There's nothing forcing you to pay for anything in this game, as several people have already said. It's your own choice to pay anything for this game. If it really matters that much to you, wait for several months so you can feel like you're paying less for this game than for a pay to play.

I don't see what everyone's complaining so much about, this game does not require you to pay anything to all to play it. You can do every function in the game without paying. You can even get any cash shop items with in-game money. So I don't see what your point is? It even gives you an alternative to paying money for the cash shop items, so nobody is forcing you to pay the ridiculously high prices to get them. In the end, it comes down to whether or not you choose to pay for it, farm up enough in game money, or even just go without.
  • Starang - Lost City
    Starang - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Just to let admins know: I haven't charged Zen for a month now. I also won't charge Zen until Cash Shop prices go down to reasonable prices.
  • idontcare123
    idontcare123 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i see there company earnings are down recently. aw o :P. The question is if prices are dropped will people be willing to buy more because your getting more for your dollar? I think if I see my dollar going further I would be more wiling to spend it.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    There's nothing forcing you to pay for anything in this game, as several people have already said. It's your own choice to pay anything for this game. If it really matters that much to you, wait for several months so you can feel like you're paying less for this game than for a pay to play.

I don't see what everyone's complaining so much about, this game does not require you to pay anything to all to play it. You can do every function in the game without paying. You can even get any cash shop items with in-game money. So I don't see what your point is? It even gives you an alternative to paying money for the cash shop items, so nobody is forcing you to pay the ridiculously high prices to get them. In the end, it comes down to whether or not you choose to pay for it, farm up enough in game money, or even just go without.

In my other thread where I asked what class should I make my main, people said that spending lots of money is a requirement to playing Archer after lvl 60, and paying money is a requirement to survive in pvp.

Are those other people wrong?
  • Drathir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    I see you were being rather selective there.
    You can even get any cash shop items with in-game money.

Might I remind you again that's it's still possible to get cash shop items with in game money? If the cost really bothers you that much, get farming. Otherwise, just go without.

I, myself, am all for a price drop. I think it would largely increase sales, and make life easier on everyone. It would make me a much more likely customer as well. The reason I'm defending them so strongly is because of certain uninformed fools who are attempting to claim that this isn't a free to play game. That somehow the game is forcing you to buy items from their cash shop. That's why I'm arguing this. This game in no way requires you to buy it's cash items. You can play through the entire game without paying a single cent, therefore, it's free to play.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    I see you were being rather selective there.

Might I remind you again that's it's still possible to get cash shop items with in game money? If the cost really bothers you that much, get farming. Otherwise, just go without.

I, myself, am all for a price drop. I think it would largely increase sales, and make life easier on everyone. It would make me a much more likely customer as well. The reason I'm defending them so strongly is because of certain uninformed fools who are attempting to claim that this isn't a free to play game. That somehow the game is forcing you to buy items from their cash shop. That's why I'm arguing this. This game in no way requires you to buy it's cash items. You can play through the entire game without paying a single cent, therefore, it's free to play.

I don't think I was being selective. I was told two different thing by two different posters and I was wondering who is right and who is wrong.

How much farming do I have to do to keep up with casual Cash Shop customers? I have no problem with farming, as I farmed for epic mounts in WoW before.

But I'm wondering how much farming will I have to do to make getting stuff from the cash shop easy without spending a dime?

And can I survive in pvp in this game off of farming alone?

I have many cash shop related questions, but I'll stop here, since it seems I get different answers from different people.

You said I don't need to spend real money on this game, another person said I did.
  • kjacquinot
    kjacquinot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Really if you think about it the shop would make alot more money if they lowered that prices because they would not only have the poeple that already buys but they would have alot more people willing to spend money in the shop. They could probably triple what they make now.
  • Drathir - Sanctuary
    edited November 2008
    rild wrote: »
    I don't think I was being selective. I was told two different thing by two different posters and I was wondering who is right and who is wrong.

How much farming do I have to do to keep up with casual Cash Shop customers? I have no problem with farming, as I farmed for epic mounts in WoW before.

But I'm wondering how much farming will I have to do to make getting stuff from the cash shop easy without spending a dime?

And can I survive in pvp in this game off of farming alone?

I have many cash shop related questions, but I'll stop here, since it seems I get different answers from different people.

You said I don't need to spend real money on this game, another person said I did.

I could not answer any of those questions really. All I know is it's possible. I'd assume it would take a lot of farming. 1 cash shop gold seems to be worth 100,000 in-game gold. But again, I'm arguin off time taken. Just the fact that it is possible. Naturally paying money will be much, much quicker and easier. But that obviously requires you to spend money on the game. If they have an alternative, they aren't going to make it easy.

And that person might say you 'need' to, but in the end, there is no requirement. The alternative just means being very dedicated, and would consume a lot of time, but would obviously save you the 30 or so dollars you might spend otherwise. It just comes down to whether or not you can be bothered enough to work hard enough to earn that gold.
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    In other words, Be smart, spend like 20$ or something and use some of your coin to add more gold. Farm and vend, and it'll be like spending cash everyday, just with coins. Or you can just save up coin and buy from the cash shop. On Lost City, Coin = 118,000~ for 1 gold. Not that bad. You can buy a huge stack of mats for that instantly from the shop or w/e you want.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I say lower the price per ZEN (gold) by 35%... that means it will cost $0.65 per ZEN instead of $1. That means for $20 you can get 30 ZEN (actually comes out more than 65 cents per) which is 10 more than right now. This isn't that big of a change and I personally think it would make a very good difference. I have checked the Auction House to see the gold sales, and there is barely any being sold. Also, players shops very rarely say they are selling anything from the Boutique. If you think about it, if you want to buy a pair of pants (using male as an example) most are 3 gold. That means you would pay $3... kinda steep imo. But if they would lower the price with my suggestion it would be $1.95-$2... not that much of a difference but much better. b:pleased

Just a little idea that I would think would work idk b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Melodia - Lost City
    Melodia - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    If I don't wanna pay for a mount thats 4mil when I can buy it for 20$ in the cash shop, then I think I know what the best decision is. And like I said, lowering the prices would mean richer people will be able to buy stuff with coin easier from the cash shop.
    Originally Posted by Pandora - Lost City:
    Please understand that as full int, all an archer has to do is target you and roll his face on the keyboard and you are dead.

Words of Wisdom.
  • rild
    edited November 2008
    If I don't wanna pay for a mount thats 4mil when I can buy it for 20$ in the cash shop, then I think I know what the best decision is. And like I said, lowering the prices would mean richer people will be able to buy stuff with coin easier from the cash shop.

But it also means people on a budget will be able to buy stuff easier too.

Let's say I want a epic flying mount and training from WoW. That would take at least a month of farming, that is if the prices didn't go down.

How long would it take for a person to farm that 4 mil?

You know what? To cut this short, is there a guide to farming on this forum?
    edited November 2008
    Farming 4m would probably take around 20 hours at level 60, but after 1m you can very easily do some merchanting and earn money faster that way.

Sure lowering prices would make it easier on everyone, but the easier the game is the quicker people get over it, which will hurt them in the long run. Keeping a certain amount of difficulty will keep people interested for longer, they'd rather a good gaming community than a sudden inflow of money.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Sorry Gm =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Do not bump forums for non-urgent issues. Thanks. (Back to tech support i go) b:bye
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Hey deathpanda... once i reread your post i kinda started thinking..... this is an important issue..... maybe not that urguent.... but imo it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
This discussion has been closed.