Whenwill You Change Those Moronic Tw Time?

2»

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Definition: (adj) international (concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations)

TWs is one optional event in PWI.

PWE is trying to expand and grow the server and player base and the locations, but these things take time.

Our great community of users like you help us test out everything, so that in the future we have most of the kinks worked out for the majority of players. These things do not happen in days, weeks, or even a few months quickly. Development, testing, setting up the tech backbone for everything, testing, and implementation is a lot of work. We don't expect anyone to understand that, but all they can ask is patience.

PWI is indeed an international game, however it is translated into English directly from the original Chinese version of the game.

English is a 2nd, 3rd of 4th language for many people in the world as a bridge language when two people of different languages communicate. They may not know each others language, but can fall back on English to communicate for business and entertainment.

I'm guessing this is why PWI was translated into English for many world markets.

The time zone element is an inconvenience, but no one forces you to a set time to do raids and instances with your friends in this game or do activities in other online games at weird hours of the day or night, but you do it by choice.

All instances talked about here about the times have been passed to the devs, but it takes time to work on things and hear back on the progress of either the times changing, or new servers going up.

We'll see. b:pleased
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    All instances talked about here about the times have been passed to the devs, but it takes time to work on things and hear back on the progress of either the times changing, or new servers going up.

The current TW times is an inconveniance to a large portion of your player base.

That same player base have already invested time and money on their current chars on their current servers.

Do you think we will restart all over again on another PWE server if you make a new one with better TW times for Eastern America players?

Unless you make available moving from one server to another, it will be useless to all of us....

And if anyone at PWE thinks it's better to have TW timing fit better one player in Fiji than a few thousands in Eastern America and Europe, can I say that PWE is grossly going in the wrong direction? Yes you have players from everywhere, but you have more from certain areas than others. And for many of those more populated area's TW timing simply sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • ultima999
    ultima999 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The times are set by the game, and how the guilds are doing their attacks.

This is a global-scale game, and not all time zones will be happy at any given time.

I wish the times were on GMT myself. Then almost everyone has to adjust.

Changing TW's time is as easy as changing the server's clock time (ie: timezone). You can have the servers physically located in California but have the server's setting set as GMT timezone. This is the best temporary solution until PW-devs added an option to override the TW time setting.

Perhaps the GMs should consider this option the next time they take down the servers for weekly maintenance. I am sure that not only your wish will be fulfilled, others will be as well.

Note: if the game server is also being used for other purposes, like webserver, or any other web services that required correct date and time, then it is not a viable option. But then again, no other services should be running on the game servers anyway b:laugh
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The TW times just suck.

The best solution would be to have several timeslots setup, throughout the weekend, 30mins to 1 hour apart, and vary the start times for each day slightly. Like on friday, there would be a TW starting at 5pm eastern, and one every hour until 10pm eastern. On saturday there would be 10 am eastern, to 3pm eastern. On sunday there would be from 1pm eastern to 6pm eastern.

The advantage of such a system, while inconsistant, would allow a better portion of almost everyone for having some chance in participating in the TWs that week. Although there may be some confusion at first, any guild which is minimially organized should be able to adjust, or atleast have enough people within their guild on, and available at that time. The time also is a little better at respecting those who cannot stay up late on nights before a school day, as well as those who would like to do something with their nights on the weekend other than play a game. While yes, there is nothing saying that everyone has to be there for every fight, often the highest levels within a guild, or the leader (ranked people) has to show up at every one.

It also makes it easier on those guilds who are defending against multiple attacks on a single day since there may be at a minimum of 30 mins inbetween each attack. This is important to note. While yes, the overlapping attacks does work at preventing any single guild from owning the map, often these attacks can be made from much lower level guilds, or be paid off by an unfriendly faction just to divide the force that can show up for the TW. A small guild won't be able to put up enough opposition to last 30 mins or 1 hour, but a strong, well prepared guild would require the whole time if defending. Right now, most guilds, even the very large ones, can't really manage more than 1 attack at a time simply because they don't have enough people on at the times of the TW. This leads to a situation, as it appears on Heavens Tear server, where a large guild can attack, and either pay off, manipulate, or just mininform other guilds into also attacking who they are attacking. As these actions are difficult to trace, it ends up just being really bad for whoever is on the recieving end. It is a cowardly act, and should be discouraged. People should win TW because they had the more capable force, not because one guild had to divide their forces between 2 or 3 seperate instances. At best, even full guilds average less than 80 people online at any given time, most of those who are online are either afk in a shop for the night, or are at the lower end of the guild level range. Even with 3/4 of the guild online and active, you would have a tough time defending 2 attacks at the exact same time... Three or more attacks, an even harder time.

One guild, who seem to be fairly capable people on Heavens tear has already fallen victim to this issue, and another guild, who has had their potentcy questioned on these forums is being faced with this issue this week. Neither situation should have happened, and is unfair to both those who are defending, since they will lose no matter what, and the guilds attacking, who will not see a good show of force. A guild should not have their attack scarred by such matters because some other guild decided that they wanted a piece as well. The Empire deserves an honest show of force, with a guild split 3 ways, they won't get it. If they win, they only prove that they are dishonorable, and not deserving of their esteemed status or loyalty because they could not win honestly. In this case, the honorable thing would be for the empire to pass on their attack this week, in good faith, sending a message that they are not so desperate as to resort to treachery in order to defeat a weaker, smaller guild. However as this situation appears to been planned, between the accusations of having sub-guilds, or spies within other guilds, guiding decisions, paying off leaders, such honor and good sportsmanship won't be expressed.

But I digress. The reason such situations as above happen is because the timings for TWs are so bad for so many, and the spacing between attacks is such that there is little chance of putting up a good defence against attackers when you have less than 10 mins between fights. If the times are unchanged, such dishonorable behavior as above, would only end up being encouraged as one guild attempts to gain favor with others by attacking everyone they're attacking. The only solice in this is that guilds with many territories will eventually have their day, and those who resort to such means to obtain those territories will have to deal with a good many people out for blood. But really, all that ends up accomplishing is a map with every guild at 2-4 territories that they are defending every week, and a chance for even a weak, level 1 guild, to end up claiming a piece while the other guild is distracted. Such a system just does not apply well to the whole spirit of TW. Strong guilds should have a chance to meet all who would oppose them, not half, or 1/3.
  • Blessing - Heavens Tear
    Blessing - Heavens Tear Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Definition: (adj) international (concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations)

TWs is one optional event in PWI.

PWE is trying to expand and grow the server and player base and the locations, but these things take time.

Our great community of users like you help us test out everything, so that in the future we have most of the kinks worked out for the majority of players. These things do not happen in days, weeks, or even a few months quickly. Development, testing, setting up the tech backbone for everything, testing, and implementation is a lot of work. We don't expect anyone to understand that, but all they can ask is patience.

PWI is indeed an international game, however it is translated into English directly from the original Chinese version of the game.

English is a 2nd, 3rd of 4th language for many people in the world as a bridge language when two people of different languages communicate. They may not know each others language, but can fall back on English to communicate for business and entertainment.

I'm guessing this is why PWI was translated into English for many world markets.

The time zone element is an inconvenience, but no one forces you to a set time to do raids and instances with your friends in this game or do activities in other online games at weird hours of the day or night, but you do it by choice.

I'm Lol'ing at the fact you are saying that the timezones are for the international community. What international community? You IP banned most of Asia. Your player base is mainly from Europe or the US. Europe and east coast United States have terrible Territorial War times. Personally, I would rather do TW in the afternoon (for Asia) than at midnight (east coast US) on a weekend. I really fail to see the logic in how you guys at PWI decided these times.
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    TWs occur at different times of day to try and accommodate different time zones. It is not going to match up with your specific time zone every time, or at all.

Question regarding this. As devoted pointed out, Saturday and Sunday times are listed on this website in the morning, afternoon, and night. Why is it that the wars have been ALL scheduled at night only?

I actually didn't notice how well planned those times were until it was pointed out, but why is it that this week's games are pushed back an extra hour?

An easy suggestion: why not stick to the times that PWE officially posted on this website, rather than have them all at night?
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    The TW times just suck.

One guild, who seem to be fairly capable people on Heavens tear has already fallen victim to this issue, and another guild, who has had their potentcy questioned on these forums is being faced with this issue this week. Neither situation should have happened, and is unfair to both those who are defending, since they will lose no matter what, and the guilds attacking, who will not see a good show of force. A guild should not have their attack scarred by such matters because some other guild decided that they wanted a piece as well. The Empire deserves an honest show of force, with a guild split 3 ways, they won't get it. If they win, they only prove that they are dishonorable, and not deserving of their esteemed status or loyalty because they could not win honestly. In this case, the honorable thing would be for the empire to pass on their attack this week, in good faith, sending a message that they are not so desperate as to resort to treachery in order to defeat a weaker, smaller guild. However as this situation appears to been planned, between the accusations of having sub-guilds, or spies within other guilds, guiding decisions, paying off leaders, such honor and good sportsmanship won't be expressed.

While I agree with most of your post, let me make a few comments about your digression. It seems like many in Genesis have deem the Empire move as "dishonorable." As soon as we bid, the Genesis leader and a few others have taken the stance of a poor bullied child abused by the big bad Empire. To be honest, this was one of the more balanced matches in HT so far. Genesis had four territories, only one less than Elysium and Radiance and same as RoC. Genesis isn't weak. When other factions are tearing up RavenHawk, Honorable, Dragons (gj I guess?), Vitality and other defenseless guilds, The Empire chose a much more stable and worthy target. Would it have been honorable if Empire continued the bidding war to attack Dragons? Also, please be mindful of the implications you are making in your post. Such passive accusations that you don't even bother to support should be omitted.

The Empire will do its best today. We respect our opponents so we don't go easy. That's real sportsmanship. However, if it is pity you so desire, you can have your leader talk to our leader to try to work something out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The SAT/SUN times for TW are completely unacceptable and inconvenient to even american, yet they went and moved the TW time to an hour later yet... nice one.
    SAT/SUN TWs should take place at 5-6pm -6gmt.

It's becoming evident that the gms just don't care anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    While I agree with most of your post, let me make a few comments about your digression. It seems like many in Genesis have deem the Empire move as "dishonorable." As soon as we bid, the Genesis leader and a few others have taken the stance of a poor bullied child abused by the big bad Empire. To be honest, this was one of the more balanced matches in HT so far. Genesis had four territories, only one less than Elysium and Radiance and same as RoC. Genesis isn't weak. When other factions are tearing up RavenHawk, Honorable, Dragons (gj I guess?), Vitality and other defenseless guilds, The Empire chose a much more stable and worthy target. Would it have been honorable if Empire continued the bidding war to attack Dragons? Also, please be mindful of the implications you are making in your post. Such passive accusations that you don't even bother to support should be omitted.

The Empire will do its best today. We respect our opponents so we don't go easy. That's real sportsmanship. However, if it is pity you so desire, you can have your leader talk to our leader to try to work something out.
    Not my leader, nor is it my guild. I've actually been switching out of guilds the last few weeks after TWs just because I'm sick of the drama and positioning. From what I've seen from some of their members, I don't think I'd particularly want to be stuck with them for a week. Most of what I base my opionion off comes from people I've partied with, what I've overheard in the guild that week, and speculations made on these forums. Most of which suggest Dragons were either related to the empire, or had made an agreement with the empire about Genesis. But yes, such rumors also have every other small guild with some territory being linked to the empire. What I find interesting though, and what your response seems to ignore, is that you bid on Dragons, a guild which had a bit of a vendetta against Genesis. It was no secret that such a vendetta did exist from the previous week, and your action of bidding on them really only seemed to support the theory that you were either planning to bail them out, or just absorb their members. Afterall, you have had 2 open territories to expand into, and a guild as large as yours should have had no problem outbidding smaller guilds. Your own members would not have disagreements with what was happening if you were not acting in a questionable manner. What you are doing is not good sportsmanship since their guild has been screwed over this week due to the times... It is not pity, just reality. Genesis, no matter what, will be split between 3 wars at once, and even your guild, the empire, probably wouldn't be able to manage without losing most of those. Either they show up to face you evenly, and lose 2 territories, or they end up splitting, probably losing all of them. In this situation, you cannot honestly expect a fair showing, and given some of the chatter, even if there is no proof to the accusations, the perception will be that you have acted dishonorably this week. If you resepect a guild, you would allow them to face you with an undivided force, you would also not be having your eyes on a territory owned by someone who had unresolved history with Genesis. You would wait for Genesis to take it, in the meantime expanding into some unclaimed areas, and then face them the next week if you so choose. Instead you take the stance of "you out bid us, we attack you" which just suggests your own childish behavior. You cannot tell me that a guild as large as yours, who has been unopposed, cannot afford to outbid a level 2 guild for an empty territory which will take your guild less than 20 mins to take. Your actions this week, atleast what they appear to have been, just seem to suggest that this was all planned. Regardless, it is hardly good sportsmanship to attack someone while their back is turned and their hands are full. Even if this wasn't planned, your guild will just look like those bullies, who cannot fight a fair fight. If anything, your guild should be all in favor of spreading out start times a bit more, since your guild will eventually be placed in exactly the same position... The Empire isn't weak either, but if you had 3 guilds attacking you, you would probably be complaining alot more than Genesis has been. If anything, your guild should have been asking the GMs to adjust start times, as soon as they were posted, so that such a situation wasn't present. Instead, you have decided to take advantage of the situation, saying how respectful you are, how fair you are, and that is what is shameful.

But again, I digress... As said before, these situations only happen because all of the start times on any given day are 3 mins apart, and there are only 3 days for TW. This means that any guild that has more than 4 TW will always have an overlap of start times, and any guild with 2 or more, has a chance of having atleast 1 overlap. Allowing 3 to happen when one of those 3 available days is almost empty, just doesn't make sense, which suggests that the system is broken, and need of an occasional human adjustment, or revision when these overlaps occue at the request of either, or both guilds parcitipating. Afterall, if a day is completely open, and both guilds agree, an arrangement should be allowed for a TW to be reschedueled. Being stuck with a random system, that cannot be changed just becomes an inconveniance for everyone. Having all start times so close together, and only at night (early morning) only makes matters worse since these are usually times of low activity on the server. Those running this game should be well aware of when server traffic is high, and should have planned things accordingly.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I believe the max you can be attacked in one time slot is 3 times. A truly strong and well prepared faction should be able to defend against 3 fronts. I'd rather not have TW lined up one by one... it would lead to one or two factions dominating all. Let's face it... no one wants to have the map dominated by one power who controls the money and dictates the way the server's run.

Way I see it is if you're being attacked 3 times in one time slot you've got 3+ lands and aren't weak. If you don't think you can defend all 3 lands then divide to defend 2 or even 1 land.

As for the times I think they're set within the game itself. If they changed the server's time the TW times would remain the same, but adjusted for the new time zone (if they moved the servers to PST the TW would occur 3 hours later than they do now, yet remain the same static time for that time zone).

There are many different events other than TW that make this game truly great... you can enjoy those as easily. Fact is only the company knows where the majority of its players play at. It'll always seem like the majority of players are inconvenienced if you're from a place inconvenient to yourself (you'd have similar time zones).

EDIT: I suppose they could always **** with the time zone clock to make it a different time zone after each maintenance as well, but I think that would annoy everyone. Then again, it would annoy everyone equally so that may be a good idea...

I don't like the TW times myself... they seem more geared towards the hardcore gamers and discriminatory towards the casual gamers who spend more time outside. But at the same time there's not much they can do short of making a new server in a more convenient time zone (and hopefully allowing free character transfers).
  • Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear
    Kimyrielle - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Well, since this is an international server which caters to pretty much every timezone on the planet, the idea of having fixed schedules to play is kinda bad for the start. I would hope they'd change the entire system one day. But then again, it might be too much to hope for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    The times are set by the game, and how the guilds are doing their attacks.

This is a global-scale game, and not all time zones will be happy at any given time.

I wish the times were on GMT myself. Then almost everyone has to adjust.

Let me first adress some of the random nonsense stuff in this currently way off topic thread. This is NOT and IP ban thread or a thread to complain about other guilds winning TW.

Now @darth: Yes the server does choose the time automatically, but the admin as control over the slots allocated and the preference in slots. I've marked the timezones that would be much MUCH more realistic for players in USA as well as the GMT timezones. I've played on several servers before where the TW times was altered and claiming its not possible is just blatant lies.
    I would REALLY appreciate it if the PWI staff would see this matter in a serious light and at least try to do soemthing about it.

Posted straight from your site:
    Friday:
    8:00pm-11:00pm
    Saturday:
    9:00am-12:00pm
    2:00pm-5:00pm <- USE THISSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sunday:
    9:00am-12:00pm
    2:00pm-5:00pm<- USE THISSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    Not my leader, nor is it my guild. I've actually been switching out of guilds the last few weeks after TWs just because I'm sick of the drama and positioning. From what I've seen from some of their members, I don't think I'd particularly want to be stuck with them for a week. Most of what I base my opionion off comes from people I've partied with, what I've overheard in the guild that week, and speculations made on these forums. Most of which suggest Dragons were either related to the empire, or had made an agreement with the empire about Genesis. But yes, such rumors also have every other small guild with some territory being linked to the empire. What I find interesting though, and what your response seems to ignore, is that you bid on Dragons, a guild which had a bit of a vendetta against Genesis. It was no secret that such a vendetta did exist from the previous week, and your action of bidding on them really only seemed to support the theory that you were either planning to bail them out, or just absorb their members. Afterall, you have had 2 open territories to expand into, and a guild as large as yours should have had no problem outbidding smaller guilds. Your own members would not have disagreements with what was happening if you were not acting in a questionable manner. What you are doing is not good sportsmanship since their guild has been screwed over this week due to the times... It is not pity, just reality. Genesis, no matter what, will be split between 3 wars at once, and even your guild, the empire, probably wouldn't be able to manage without losing most of those. Either they show up to face you evenly, and lose 2 territories, or they end up splitting, probably losing all of them. In this situation, you cannot honestly expect a fair showing, and given some of the chatter, even if there is no proof to the accusations, the perception will be that you have acted dishonorably this week. If you resepect a guild, you would allow them to face you with an undivided force, you would also not be having your eyes on a territory owned by someone who had unresolved history with Genesis. You would wait for Genesis to take it, in the meantime expanding into some unclaimed areas, and then face them the next week if you so choose. Instead you take the stance of "you out bid us, we attack you" which just suggests your own childish behavior. You cannot tell me that a guild as large as yours, who has been unopposed, cannot afford to outbid a level 2 guild for an empty territory which will take your guild less than 20 mins to take. Your actions this week, atleast what they appear to have been, just seem to suggest that this was all planned. Regardless, it is hardly good sportsmanship to attack someone while their back is turned and their hands are full. Even if this wasn't planned, your guild will just look like those bullies, who cannot fight a fair fight. If anything, your guild should be all in favor of spreading out start times a bit more, since your guild will eventually be placed in exactly the same position... The Empire isn't weak either, but if you had 3 guilds attacking you, you would probably be complaining alot more than Genesis has been. If anything, your guild should have been asking the GMs to adjust start times, as soon as they were posted, so that such a situation wasn't present. Instead, you have decided to take advantage of the situation, saying how respectful you are, how fair you are, and that is what is shameful.

But again, I digress... As said before, these situations only happen because all of the start times on any given day are 3 mins apart, and there are only 3 days for TW. This means that any guild that has more than 4 TW will always have an overlap of start times, and any guild with 2 or more, has a chance of having atleast 1 overlap. Allowing 3 to happen when one of those 3 available days is almost empty, just doesn't make sense, which suggests that the system is broken, and need of an occasional human adjustment, or revision when these overlaps occue at the request of either, or both guilds parcitipating. Afterall, if a day is completely open, and both guilds agree, an arrangement should be allowed for a TW to be reschedueled. Being stuck with a random system, that cannot be changed just becomes an inconveniance for everyone. Having all start times so close together, and only at night (early morning) only makes matters worse since these are usually times of low activity on the server. Those running this game should be well aware of when server traffic is high, and should have planned things accordingly.

Thanks, i laughted a few times reading your post.

1. "You would wait for Genesis to take it, in the meantime expanding into some unclaimed areas" So what... is a guild suppose to wait until their neighbor get strong enough to be a threat before attacking? Not a good strategy, kill them before they become a problem.
    2. "Instead you take the stance of "you out bid us, we attack you" which just suggests your own childish behavior." If someone outbids me, they prob don't care much about what i want. So why not attack them.
    3. "outbid a level 2 guild for an empty territory which will take your guild less than 20 mins to take." Why should they bid on an empty territory. That land will always be there. There is no rule in PWI that guilds HAVE to go after the easiest target first. Once the biggest target is gone, the smaller one will fall into place.

EDIT: For the record, i am not a member of empire nor was i ever in the empire. Just a third party observing the situation.
  • demonicangell
    demonicangell Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Change So That International Player Like Austrailan Can Join IN Without Missing Sleep Or School
    Server: Lost City
    Guild:Starting A Guild Named ~Angellz~ All Welcome To Join
    Name: DemonicAngell
    Class:Archer
    Current Level: 13
    Profession: BlackSmith
  • dcast
    dcast Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    really i dunno im not high enough, but if it is then..wow.. lol perfectworld was supposed to be optimized for western players..it even said in some promo.. haha man..
  • kami
    kami Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I greatly appreciate what GM's have done for this game and that they are taking time and interest to fixing in game matters. I also understand that some things need time to fix and I am a patient person. But on this matter I really don't think we have the time.

PWI has a lot of players from Europe and frankly TW times sucks badly for them. Most of them are set on playing TWs and they will move to PW- Europe version to do it.

I am really sad to hear all the in game talk about ppl leaving to Pw-Europe, for a stupid reason as TW times.

I, personally will not leave for that, but I know many players who will. If I want to go to TW I will make the time for it(except when it's 11:00 pm Sunday- 5 am for me and i hv to go to work) but most people don't want or are not able to do that.

Thank you for hearing me out. I hope something can be done about this issue.
    b:thanksb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]